PDA

View Full Version : Arceus-coolest pokemon of the last generation?

Link
22nd December 2009, 10:21 AM
I have a couple Arceus's from Toys R Us and the stats on this guy are insane...what do you guys and gals think of this particular pokemon? Is Arceus cool or not? I think so. His moves are among the coolest I have seen and he is very powerful.

Telume
22nd December 2009, 10:54 AM
Powerful yes, but I'm not so fond of how it looks

ZOMG GAIZ WATCH OUT IT'S A GIANT LLAMA OF DEWM!

Yeah, they definitely could have come up with a better design for the god of pokemon.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd December 2009, 10:59 AM
Arceus is the only Pokémon I miss for a really full Pokédex. Booh.

Arceus is a bit odd looking so it's not winning the cool award in that section. That odd golden metal ring around its body, those strange legs, the face that shows no emotions at all. Arceus reminds me a bit of the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke.

Beside its strange appearance I think it's not powerful enough to be Alpha et Omega. Unless he finds hanging out with humans - and probably being caught - a fancy experience.

I think he's kinda cool but there are many 4th generation Pokémon I like more.

Blademaster
22nd December 2009, 04:47 PM
Arceus is shit. Not only does it put up a wall that blocks any future Legendaries from trumping it (It created the fucking UNIVERSE, according to the mythos.), it also fucks up one of my favorite Pokemon: Mew. MEW is the God of Pokemon - it can learn all possible attacks and take on all possible Pokemon forms. Yet suddenly this steroid-addled pimped-out Eevee comes along and Mew is dethroned as the creator.

Also, Arceus looks fucking stupid. It bears no resemblance to ANY dietic figure I can think of. It's like some sort of warped horse that fell into a trash heap. It's proof of why religion and video games don't mix.

toucheiruka
22nd December 2009, 05:28 PM
Arceus is shit. Not only does it put up a wall that blocks any future Legendaries from trumping it (It created the fucking UNIVERSE, according to the mythos.), it also fucks up one of my favorite Pokemon: Mew. MEW is the God of Pokemon - it can learn all possible attacks and take on all possible Pokemon forms. Yet suddenly this steroid-addled pimped-out Eevee comes along and Mew is dethroned as the creator.

Also, Arceus looks fucking stupid. It bears no resemblance to ANY dietic figure I can think of. It's like some sort of warped horse that fell into a trash heap. It's proof of why religion and video games don't mix.

Mew is still the god of Pokemon. Arceus, is the creator of Pokemon. I think I read somewhere that Arceus created mew and then the Mews evolved into the other Pokemon.

a creator doesn't have to be a god.

Blademaster
22nd December 2009, 05:57 PM
Mew is still the god of Pokemon.

Arceus created mew

I don't follow the making sense here. That STILL puts Arceus higher in the Pantheon than Mew. Mew can do and be ANYTHING. Arceus can't. How in the Hell does it work that Arceus is WEAKER than its offspring, if Mew even is such? (It better not be, BTW.)

toucheiruka
22nd December 2009, 08:07 PM
I don't follow the making sense here. That STILL puts Arceus higher in the Pantheon than Mew. Mew can do and be ANYTHING. Arceus can't. How in the Hell does it work that Arceus is WEAKER than its offspring, if Mew even is such? (It better not be, BTW.)

Arceus is flawed with the HP system, for a supposed "GOD" pokemon, he can take damage and faint, and since Mew can learn anything and depending on the plate that Arceus has on him, Arceus is as fucked as a 2 dollar whore on a busy day. if Arceus was a real god, he wouldn't have a HP bar, or even weaknesses, so to me, Arceus is nothing to me but a "false god".

Houndoom_Lover
22nd December 2009, 11:13 PM
Mew can trasform into him, Arceus can't. Arceus would have fit in nicely if they introduced him before Mew :L or made him uncatchable. Like seriously, Pokemon trainers running around with PokeGod?? WTF

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd December 2009, 11:46 AM
To even consider for one split-second that feeble Mew is a God is ridiculous. What's that based on, the fact it can learn all attacks? It says something about its abilities to adapt but nothing more.

Telume
23rd December 2009, 12:07 PM
Well, its pokedex entry also states that it gave birth, which adding on to all the attacks could mean it gave birth to other pokemon as well.

Dark Sage
23rd December 2009, 08:01 PM
Arceus is uncatchable in the anime. In the most recent movie, a story is told of how a human tried to defeat him using an army of Pokemon, and failed.

Compare this to Mew, who in the first movie couldn't even defeat Mewtwo, his evil offspring.

Edit: By the way, are you suggesting that Mew, who looks like a little, pink kitty-cat, does suggest a deific figure? Give me a break...

Darth CookieMonster
23rd December 2009, 08:02 PM

AGREED! AGREED! AGREED! MEW RULES THE WORLD!!!! MWAHAHAHA

I think Lucario is coolest when it comes to last gen

Telume
24th December 2009, 02:57 PM
Lucario's cool but it pisses me off when people tote it as a Legendary when it's NOT

Blademaster
24th December 2009, 03:40 PM
Arceus is uncatchable in the anime.

Mew is uncatchable as well.

Compare this to Mew, who in the first movie couldn't even defeat Mewtwo, his evil offspring.

You act as though Mew lost. Mew didn't lose - it didn't even have a scratch on it. It was an even match with a creature that could shut down the attacks of no less than 50 Pokemon, flick aside the largest and most aggressive Pokemon with barely a blink of its eyes, stir the climate of the ocean with a wave of its paw, and reverse the flow of time itself.

Edit: By the way, are you suggesting that Mew, who looks like a little, pink kitty-cat, does suggest a deific figure? Give me a break...

Mew looks like an embryo in its bubble. More of a precursor to life than a horse with a hubcap wrapped around it.

Crystal Tears
25th December 2009, 12:32 AM
Since Mew was introduced first (thus came first, appeared first, whatever), and is apparently the God of Pokemon it trumphs Arceus. The simple fact being that Arceus is a Pokemon, it can no way outrank Mew in the Godhood of anything.

It is possible that Mew created Arceus who then created the universe for Mew to populate with Pokemon... *ramble*

That and I rather dislike Arceus, the thing is ugly and a pain. Of course the farther the generations go the more I seem to dislike them. =/

Houndoom_Lover
25th December 2009, 01:01 AM
First off, Mew is not a pink cat-like figure--its a fetus. Sticky, pink, and unstoppable :0

There wasn't a second off.

firepokemon
29th December 2009, 05:15 AM
Arceus is a fucking goat with a carrot stuck up its ass.

Master Rudy
31st December 2009, 01:43 AM
Personally the way Arceus looks does not bother me. As for how it is in battle I've taken a break from Pokémon for a little while. Haven't played in about two months and I've yet to actually use Arceus. As for this rambling about who is and isn't a Pokégod, which one is/isn't better, ect. just repeat after me......

"It's just a show/game/movie/whatever. I should really just relax."

10 points and cookies to the person who knows what the quote actually is ^_~

deedee123
28th November 2010, 04:47 PM
ho-oh is beter

crown34
28th November 2010, 07:49 PM
Stop bumping old threads, it's kinda getting annoying.

Blademaster
29th November 2010, 07:48 PM
^Well said. And Ho-Oh isn't even from the same Generation as Arceus, anyway.