PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap, stuff got fancy

pokemasterfrank
25th December 2009, 03:40 AM
So, haven't been here in a while. The corner of my screen says my last visit was January 6th of this year, but I don't remember doing so. Oh the wonders of "Find all posts by pokemasterfrank".

So, I'm surprised that there's a main site that has something that resembles information. I remember talks of restarting the main site for years with some dying attempts. The holiday layout is atrocious, btw :P

PCG looks like it reverted to a little more than half a decade ago, with Pokemon Avengers running again and QS running it.

TCG is as inactive as ever. Well, more so now, I suppose. Other than that banned/restricted list, I don't see a single YGO thread :P

RPG has some reruns going on, I think. With the PA threads and the Lapras Valley High threads, I thought I accidentally fell back in time or something.

Browsing through the forums a bit, I see a few familiar names. Glad to see that this place is still around. My browser decided to take it's sweet time loading this page, actually, so for a second, I thought that this place finally died, haha.

So, what's new around here? What's changed and what hasn't?

EDIT: Also, Mt. Moon? And Merry Christmas, if you're into that thing :P

MeLoVeGhOsTs
25th December 2009, 06:54 AM
ASB is still the coolest forum ever. In the history of mankind. Ever.

Oh and pokemon is still around here somewhere.

Drusilla
25th December 2009, 08:31 AM
Holy crap, it's Frank! I still see you on neopets some times. Good to see you back!

Mt. Moon is essentially an anything-goes spamfest. 'Tis lots of fun!

Telume
25th December 2009, 01:31 PM
^ I agree 100% with the lady, Mt. Moon is a place of fun.

The number 1 rule in Mt. Moon: ALL HAIL QUEEN CLEFAIRY.

Other than that anything goes.

abunaidesu
25th December 2009, 04:52 PM
Hi, Frank! Nice to see you here ^^

pokemasterfrank
25th December 2009, 05:17 PM
Holy crap, it's Frank! I still see you on neopets some times. Good to see you back!

Mt. Moon is essentially an anything-goes spamfest. 'Tis lots of fun!

Haha. I got back into playing a few months ago because my gaming computer decided to kick the bucket. Flash games ftw?

And glad to be back. Is the old RPG crew still here? I suppose I could just go over and take a look...

Heald
25th December 2009, 05:23 PM
Hey man! Good to see you, it's been a while.

Yes, Mt. Moon is the new forum designed for fun and shizzle, and I'm the gatekeeper. If you want access, talk to me.

We definitely have a few of the old RPG lot around. We even have a Dragonball RPG going, but we're halfway through now, but a sequel is in the pipeline!

Asilynne
25th December 2009, 07:56 PM
FRAAAAAAAANK!!!! Yay your back ^v^ come RP with us again DO IT you have to lol We have ensnared you again and theres no escaping this time!! XD

pokemasterfrank
25th December 2009, 08:07 PM
Hey man! Good to see you, it's been a while.

Yes, Mt. Moon is the new forum designed for fun and shizzle, and I'm the gatekeeper. If you want access, talk to me.

We definitely have a few of the old RPG lot around. We even have a Dragonball RPG going, but we're halfway through now, but a sequel is in the pipeline!

Yo. Yeah it has. I saw the DBRP. Looking at the first post, I recognize quite a few names...

FRAAAAAAAANK!!!! Yay your back ^v^ come RP with us again DO IT you have to lol We have ensnared you again and theres no escaping this time!! XD

I dunno, my appearances around here seem to be pretty flaky :P But RPing again would be fun...

Link
25th December 2009, 08:48 PM
I think I remember you from way back when the Pokemon forums here were busy. How are you doing?

pokemasterfrank
25th December 2009, 11:11 PM
I think I remember you from way back when the Pokemon forums here were busy. How are you doing?

Good. Been busy with school work. You?

Clark
25th December 2009, 11:20 PM
welcome to tpm. enjoy your stay. :wave:

Master Rudy
26th December 2009, 02:48 AM
I dunno, my appearances around here seem to be pretty flaky :P But RPing again would be fun...

There shall be no escape for our little asian pet! MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :lol:

Sup bro? Good to see you back. I know the pain of being down a computer. I'm currently using a modded Win XP that resembles and runs somewhat like Win 7 with an absolutely awesome 56K modem, about 300 MB of RAM and a massive 7 GB hard drive that's got a whopping 100 MB left on it. I'm trying to save up for a Pavilion P6230Y so that I can put this piece of shit to rest. However Christmas shopping and life have left me broke and my ass kicked. Poor choices on my part combined with horrendous luck made me lose absolutely everything ~_~()

Still always good to see a friend back. I admit that the story in the current Dragon Ball RPG has moved along at a pretty good clip. However if you were wanting to jump back into the thick of things and could come up with a believeable way to get involved then I'm sure Heald wouldn't mind you joining up. Just be sure to run it by him first. A few of the people involved have gone AWOL and don't appear to be coming back so another face would be good :-/

Once again welcome back brother ^_~

shazza
26th December 2009, 03:12 AM
Welcome back man! I remember you. :)

pokemasterfrank
26th December 2009, 03:19 AM
There shall be no escape for our little asian pet! MUHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :lol:

Sup bro? Good to see you back. I know the pain of being down a computer. I'm currently using a modded Win XP that resembles and runs somewhat like Win 7 with an absolutely awesome 56K modem, about 300 MB of RAM and a massive 7 GB hard drive that's got a whopping 100 MB left on it. I'm trying to save up for a Pavilion P6230Y so that I can put this piece of shit to rest. However Christmas shopping and life have left me broke and my ass kicked. Poor choices on my part combined with horrendous luck made me lose absolutely everything ~_~()

Still always good to see a friend back. I admit that the story in the current Dragon Ball RPG has moved along at a pretty good clip. However if you were wanting to jump back into the thick of things and could come up with a believeable way to get involved then I'm sure Heald wouldn't mind you joining up. Just be sure to run it by him first. A few of the people involved have gone AWOL and don't appear to be coming back so another face would be good :-/

Once again welcome back brother ^_~

Wow, that makes my POS look good o_o Anyway, good to see you, too. I think I'll let you guys finish... unless you guys actually need another warm body :P

Welcome back man! I remember you. :)

Might I say this multi-quote function is nice. I don't need to manually do them now.

Link
26th December 2009, 09:03 AM
I'm good. Are you going to be getting Heart Gold or Soul Silver when they come out?

Blademaster
26th December 2009, 02:08 PM
Hey, I recognize your name. Welcome back, yeah?

pokemasterfrank
26th December 2009, 04:31 PM
I'm good. Are you going to be getting Heart Gold or Soul Silver when they come out?

I'm actually playing the Japanese version right now. My DS and a Japanese-English dictionary are always in my bag :x

Hey, I recognize your name. Welcome back, yeah?

Yeah, lol

Master Rudy
27th December 2009, 05:00 AM
Wow, that makes my POS look good o_o Anyway, good to see you, too. I think I'll let you guys finish... unless you guys actually need another warm body :P

Does my computer really suck that much?

Win XP Prof SP2
AMD-K6 501 MHz processor
Intergrated sound/video
384 MB of RAM

And the only reason this thing even has that much RAM to begin with is because I took two sticks of 128 MB RAM out of my virus laden computer that has bit the dust. The only thing the old computer is good for now is as a perch for my kittens to look out the window :lol:

You always were one of the resident computer experts around here bro. If you don't mind can give me your expert opinion since I trust you more than some pimpley faced college student at Best Buy? The full package I'm looking at is the whole nine yards for $969:

P6230Y Desktop
-Win 7
-2.3 GHz quad core processor
-750 GB HD
-8 GB RAM (Expandable to a max of 16 GB)
-Intergrated ATI Radeon 4200 HD graphics chipset
-Recordable DVD drive plus one empty expansion bay
-New mouse/keyboard
-23" HD monitor with intergrated speakers

All in all on the side of basic net browsing I need something that'll be able to do it quickly and that will be able to access websites like You Tube and Hulu without issue. I know storage wise this thing will handle more music than I can count. Finally on the gaming side of things I'd like something that can handle WoW. Obviously this will do it without any problems but I'm also looking for something that may be able to handle a few of the other PC games that have come out in the past 5 years such as Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age: Origins. There's no question that this computer can handle all of that with no problem. My main concern is if there is another option that I may have overlooked that'll do just as well for a little less money.

Also I myself would love to see you in our current Dragon Ball RPG. Granted I can't speak for everyone but I know that both myself and Brandy were missing you for quite some time around the RPG forum. Go ahead and run it by Heald if your up for it, think you have something to contribute and can jump into the middle of the story in a believeable way. After all the worst he can say is no :P

mr_pikachu
27th December 2009, 05:25 AM
Hey, Frank! Welcome back to TPM. Yes, we're trying to revamp things around here, what with a new subforum, a new main site (booyah!), and so forth. Here's hoping you stick around! *raises glass*

...Yes, I did say "booyah." Shaddup.

Crystal Mew
27th December 2009, 09:19 AM
Hey Frank Welcome back!!!!!! :)

Zak
27th December 2009, 12:03 PM
Welcome back buddy! :)

Lady Vulpix
27th December 2009, 01:10 PM
Welcome back, Frank! You can choose the layout for the main site. I use the "2009 Relaunch" layout. It's my favorite so far. I'm glad you think PCG is returning to its former glory. I hope that's the case. You're welcome to participate in its revival. Dragon Tamers needs some active members too.

There have been some staff changes and some aesthetic changes. Of course, change is an ongoing process, so if most people want more changes, then there will be more to come.

By the way, your website doesn't exist anymore. Maybe you should change the link on your profile.

kazr
27th December 2009, 04:49 PM

Win XP Prof SP2
AMD-K6 501 MHz processor
Intergrated sound/video
384 MB of RAM

My graphics card is better than your entire computer, and its almost two years out of date :| You can snag some pretty decent machines off craigslist or ebay for 100-200 bucks. That computer is pretty decent, but the price is kind of steep considering it only comes with an onboard crappy graphics cards (meaning you won't be doing much gaming, if you're into that kind of thing). If you buy all the parts separately off a site like Newegg.com you can build a much beastlier computer for way less and pay an electronics store, like Fry's to assemble it for you.

HI FRANK! Welcome back~

Knight of Time
27th December 2009, 07:52 PM
Nice to see you back, Frank, how's the holidays been treating you? Hope they're going as well as they have been for me, with my new laptop computer and all. The internet on this one can be tricky sometimes, but thankfully it is possible for it to be running on both computers at my house at the same time thanks to the wireless router I got as well.

pokemasterfrank
27th December 2009, 08:01 PM

Win XP Prof SP2
AMD-K6 501 MHz processor
Intergrated sound/video
384 MB of RAM

And the only reason this thing even has that much RAM to begin with is because I took two sticks of 128 MB RAM out of my virus laden computer that has bit the dust. The only thing the old computer is good for now is as a perch for my kittens to look out the window :lol:

You always were one of the resident computer experts around here bro. If you don't mind can give me your expert opinion since I trust you more than some pimpley faced college student at Best Buy? The full package I'm looking at is the whole nine yards for $969:

P6230Y Desktop
-Win 7
-2.3 GHz quad core processor
-750 GB HD
-8 GB RAM (Expandable to a max of 16 GB)
-Intergrated ATI Radeon 4200 HD graphics chipset
-Recordable DVD drive plus one empty expansion bay
-New mouse/keyboard
-23" HD monitor with intergrated speakers

All in all on the side of basic net browsing I need something that'll be able to do it quickly and that will be able to access websites like You Tube and Hulu without issue. I know storage wise this thing will handle more music than I can count. Finally on the gaming side of things I'd like something that can handle WoW. Obviously this will do it without any problems but I'm also looking for something that may be able to handle a few of the other PC games that have come out in the past 5 years such as Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age: Origins. There's no question that this computer can handle all of that with no problem. My main concern is if there is another option that I may have overlooked that'll do just as well for a little less money.

Also I myself would love to see you in our current Dragon Ball RPG. Granted I can't speak for everyone but I know that both myself and Brandy were missing you for quite some time around the RPG forum. Go ahead and run it by Heald if your up for it, think you have something to contribute and can jump into the middle of the story in a believeable way. After all the worst he can say is no :P

Your current computer is teribad o_o I haven't seen an under 1 GB processor in almost a decade.

My question is how comfortable are you with jamming computer parts together? The cheapest solution is buying parts separately and assembling yourself. If not, then that's probably fine. I'm assuming it's 64-bit Win7?

Hey, Frank! Welcome back to TPM. Yes, we're trying to revamp things around here, what with a new subforum, a new main site (booyah!), and so forth. Here's hoping you stick around! *raises glass*

...Yes, I did say "booyah." Shaddup.

Yeah. It's cool to see actual progress, haha.

Welcome back, Frank! You can choose the layout for the main site. I use the "2009 Relaunch" layout. It's my favorite so far. I'm glad you think PCG is returning to its former glory. I hope that's the case. You're welcome to participate in its revival. Dragon Tamers needs some active members too.

There have been some staff changes and some aesthetic changes. Of course, change is an ongoing process, so if most people want more changes, then there will be more to come.

By the way, your website doesn't exist anymore. Maybe you should change the link on your profile.

I've been thinking about it. I'd have to start completely over though, since as you said, my old site is gone (with the rest of Geocities, haha) and I didn't think to have some sort of backup way back when.

Hey Frank Welcome back!!!!!! :)

Welcome back buddy! :)

HI FRANK! Welcome back~

Thanks, everyone. I'll try to stick around for more than a week :P

Knight of Time
27th December 2009, 08:11 PM
I nearly forgot to ask, since Quicksilver brought back Pokemon Avengers, is there the possibility you might help bring back Buena's Radio Show in AC/CC? I'm just curious.

Master Rudy
27th December 2009, 11:08 PM
Your current computer is teribad o_o I haven't seen an under 1 GB processor in almost a decade.

My question is how comfortable are you with jamming computer parts together? The cheapest solution is buying parts separately and assembling yourself. If not, then that's probably fine. I'm assuming it's 64-bit Win7?

I'm pretty sure all versions of Seven are 64 bit. Unless I'm mistaken I thought I had heard somewhere that Win XP was the final version of Windows avalible in 32 bit. As for your question I've given thought to the idea of putting it together myself. I've got some knowledge when it comes to rooting around inside of a computer. I've obviously installed some RAM into this one as well as replaced a busted CD-ROM drive with the one from my computer so I could listen to music on this one. If this thing wasn't so damn old I'd have my old Radeon 9250 graphics card in here as well. As a result I'm semi-comfortable with putting one together myself provided that I had the instructions. However I know my luck. Something would undoubtly go wrong while I was putting it together. Plus you know me. I can be am impatient fuck at times. As a result I'd rather pay for one that was pre-built that I can just flip a swtich and turn on.

Oh and Kazr the onboard graphics on this computer I'm looking at is a chipset from a Radeon 4200 HD series. Last I looked the actual card is $90 and I've already done the research awhile back. This thing should be able to handle just about all those games I mentioned with no problems :P

Heald
28th December 2009, 05:57 AM
^ - Both Vista and 7 have 32-bit versions. I've never run the 64-bit versions.

kazr
28th December 2009, 03:26 PM
Teaches me for just skimming over your post. I do have to say though that Dragon Age with graphics on max is glorious. Get ready for one hell of a game. If you haven't played it yet :P

pokemasterfrank
28th December 2009, 11:16 PM
I nearly forgot to ask, since Quicksilver brought back Pokemon Avengers, is there the possibility you might help bring back Buena's Radio Show in AC/CC? I'm just curious.

Maybe? I'm a bit out of it and am not too confident in my question making skills, especially since for most questions, it's as easy as typing it into Google :(

So what happened to AC/CC, exactly? People just stop participating and all the owners/workers disappear all at once or something?

@Rudy: If pre-built is what your looking for, the list you have is fine. IMO, all the prebuild computer places are about the same, so it's a matter of finding the one with the best deal at the time.

Lady Vulpix
29th December 2009, 12:20 PM
That was basically it, Frank. Everyone got busy at the same time. I'm willing to work on a revival, but I can't do it alone. We need more people. Any ideas?

pokemasterfrank
29th December 2009, 07:14 PM
That was basically it, Frank. Everyone got busy at the same time. I'm willing to work on a revival, but I can't do it alone. We need more people. Any ideas?

Is the problem that, since there wasn't anybody maintaining AC/CC for a little while, people who participated drifted away? So, now workers are back, but now no one is participating.

Or is the problem that we still have no workers?

Or both? :(

We could tap whoever has worked before to gather up some workers (how many are around, btw?), at the very least.

If it's an interest problem, maybe more advertising in sigs and a limited time incentive for joining/rejoining? Looks like the last one is being done.

I think the easiest and most important thing though, is to get all of the AC/CC threads onto the front page. When everything falls off the most recent threads page, it REALLY does look like AC/CC died. Morale boost type of deal. I'm sure if if AC/CC gets kinda active, people's interest will peak. I'm sure I'm not the only one that checks all the active forums when I visit.

Also, maybe ask everyone who is participating currently to put a link to their AC/CC page in their sig, if they haven't? Viral marketing is the most effective kind, IMO.

Mew Master
29th December 2009, 09:56 PM
Wow, Frank.... It has been awhile since I've seen you online (or any posts of yours for that matter... or really paid much attention).

Just a friendly word of advice. Avoid Mt. Moon like the plague. XP