PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who - The End of Time [Spoilers Ahoy]

Weasel Overlord
26th December 2009, 06:17 AM
So. I know we have a lot of Americans, but that stops no-one. Did anyone watch Who?! Planning to watch it? Hate it and want to tell everyone?

Personally, I loved it. :D As one of my friends pointed out, the acting at the beginning from the extras left a bit to be desired, but I don't watch Who for the extras, and this one I certainly wasn't. The Master was a triumph, start to end - not that I had any doubts, my John Simm love is epic - and the ending was, to me, truly a surprise. Managing to stay away from spoilers definitely paid off, that's for sure. Even the ones in the TV mags were super spoilery, I heard. Madness!

Anyway. New Year's Day can't come soon enough. XD BRING ON THE END! BRING ON THE REGENERATION TEARS! and some more Doctor and Master chemistry wouldn't go amiss ¬_¬

DISCUSS.

Andrew
26th December 2009, 07:01 AM
This episode was UTTER SHIT. Like Planet of the Dead, and Fear Her, utter shit.

Stupid narration device which removed the excitement.

I hope part 2 is better. I really do. Wilf and Donna are pretty awesome.

Rossymore
26th December 2009, 07:05 AM
WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Brilliant. It's a pity that there wasn't a new series of Who this year. Though three specials placed over the year kinda made up for it.

Who will be the Eleventh Doctor? Will there be an Eleventh Doctor? I think the Tenth Doctor likes his physique, so he'll try everything to stop it.

Also, how does all the humans turning into Masters signal the regeneration of the Time Lords?

Weasel Overlord
26th December 2009, 07:12 AM
Matt Smith is gonna be Eleven. He's the youngest guy to play The Doctor ever (I think he's 27?) but he looks fairly promising from the pics I've seen, wearing all tweed and a bowtie, hehe.

I'll admit, I didn't like Planet of the Dead - the redeeming feature was that awesome prophecy at the end, cos I'm Master-obsessed. But I think Waters of Mars was pretty good, all in all. The silly segway parts were, well, silly, but the monsters were creepy as hell.

But I also really want more Wilf and Donna. They're amazing! And I admit, I may have welled up a bit when Donna was there outside the cafe. ;_;

God knows, at your last question Rossy. There'll probably be some sort of plot device like they did with the Cult of Skaaro where they weren't all dead at all, or something. I did kinda like the voiceover though. It felt more like a Christmas program, hehe. Also, I quite like Timothy Dalton's voice, which helped matters.