PDA

View Full Version : Card of the Last Day of the Year

Houndoom_Lover
31st December 2009, 05:37 PM
Card of the Week

Happy holidays everyone! Now is the time to give gifts to everyone you care about. And no Pokemon represents this better than…

http://www.thepokemasters.net/reports/cotw/15.jpg

the Delibird! These little guys are the gift that keeps on giving. They can fit in any deck, though later on I will mention them in specific decks like Stall and Evolution that focuses decks with high Energy usage. You’re probably wondering why this little card is useful in all decks and very very useful in the ones I’ve mentioned.

Well, first off, Delibird is a basic Pokemon meaning you can play it right away with no evolving. It starts out at 70 HPs. That’s not bad, not bad at all. It has a weakness to Steal, but it’s only a +20 and Steal Pokemon cards at high power are slightly rare in the early game (first couple of turns). It has a retreat cost of one (No resistance though) making Delibird all in all look like a pretty good card.

The real deal clincher is its gimmick attack called Present. Now, I know I’m an old timer, so I might get this wrong, but is that a zero energy cost I spy? Is Delibird just that good that he expends no energy while gift giving? And unlike other Delibird cards, your opponent doesn’t benefit from this attack. Only you do, after flipping a coin and getting heads. You can search through your deck, and select a card. Any card.

This is where those who play decks that require a lot of energy should listen up. With Delibird, you can get an energy from your deck and power up your future fully evolved Pokemon while taking hits with your 70 HPs Delibird. If you’re really lucky with that coin, not only with you have full powered Pokemon, but fully evolved ones too by time Delibird hits the discard pile.

People with Stall decks will benefit as well. Delibird’s high attack will allow you to fiddle around until you have the perfect wall all set up to make your opponent sweat!

Don’t let its looks fool you; Delibird isn’t just a gimmick card. He has an attack too, another one in the game he’s known for called Ice Ball. It’s a single energy attack that does 20 damage. No questions asked, no coin flips required. Its decent attack, high ranged HPs, and profitable gimmick attack make this delivery bird a very useful card indeed.

But wait! There’s more! Not only is Delibird a practical card, its also very pretty to look at. Fukuda made such a lovely scene. The pine trees are covered with powdery snow. Everything looks so soft and fluffy. The Delibird is drawn cartoony. In a way it feels freer than the official art…but not so far away that it couldn’t pass off for art you’d see in a game guide.

Yes, well, you can pick up your very own for about a dollar, so I suggest you do.

Merry days!