PDA

View Full Version : i need help with my diamond version

Kaimana
6th January 2010, 09:06 PM
just need a little help cause restarted my pokemon game ^_^ but keep all the legendary and now i need a little help with something...i ran into a pokemon named "M" near lake valor then none of my pokemon will listen too me not even level 1's got any anwers reply

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
7th January 2010, 12:07 PM
How did you keep your legendaries after restarting in the first place? They will of course not listen to you but level 1s should at any rate. Anyone else ever run into such a problem?

*moves to appropriate forum*

mr_pikachu
7th January 2010, 12:51 PM
I assume you had your Pokemon traded back to you, which is how you kept the legendaries after restarting. As for Lake Valor's "M," though... well, I have no idea. The infamous "M" that caused devastating glitches in Pokemon Red/Blue was, as far as I know, removed for all later versions of the game.

The only way that I can see this even being possible is if someone sent you a really bad bug via trade. Have you done any trading lately with anyone you don't completely trust (say, over Nintendo WFC)? I don't really know how even that could result in such severe glitches, but you never know, I suppose.

Jeff
7th January 2010, 12:59 PM
Another thing, were you using Action Replay or anything similar? That could cause it too.

Kaimana
7th January 2010, 04:11 PM
yeah my friend told me he ran into it and then when i went to go fight the elite four(again) all my pokemon would'nt listen to me.....oh yeah and he was using action replay so he could get a suicune cause he has a dsi i have a ds he didnt have the dsi action replay

Master Rudy
7th January 2010, 11:19 PM
To me it sounds like the Action Replay caused a severe glitch in the programing of the game and corrupted the save file. Even if you never touched it yourself, if he used it and traded something glitchy to you then that's all it takes. That's part of the reason why I ditched AR/Gameshark quite awhile ago.......all it takes is one misplaced character in the code your programing in to royally fuck you over. I hate to say it but your best option may be to fully delete the game and start fresh. To fully clear the game data press up, select and B on the title screen at the same time. This should pop up a confirmation message. After that pick yes.

I know it's going to suck but don't even bother trying to save any of the Pokémon on your game. There's no telling how badly glitched it is. If it's anything like the old Missingno glitch back in the RBY days then trading could potentially mess up their game as well. After this I'd never use a cheat device of any sort ever again if I were you. Even the original Game Genie way back in the days of the NES carried a disclaimer saying that you use it at your own risk and that it could potentially corrupt save data (a lesson I learned the hard way with Secret of Mana for the Super NES :-/)

Remember.....cheaters never prosper. If you need a paticular Pokémon then by all means see if you can set up a trade with someone on TPM via Wi-Fi. In many cases such as with starters, version exclusive Pokémon, ect. the members on here will be more than willing to breed, capture and trade Pokémon to help you get a full Pokédex. In fact some of us with multiple versions will usually keep one as a "master file" and occassionally restart the other for the mere purpose of recapturing Legendaries to put on the Wi-Fi trading block. I'm sure if you asked around you'd find a few people on TPM who would be more than willing to help you get a 100% clean and legit Pokédex if that's what you're trying to do ^_~

Kaimana
8th January 2010, 10:20 PM
oh thanks but T_T i have to delete my file and all my progress of beating the main story line in 24 hours