PDA

View Full Version : What Type Combinations Haven't Been Done Yet?

Heald
8th January 2010, 08:41 AM
I couldn't find this on Google, so thought I'd throw this out there.

What type combinations haven't been done yet?

Also, for bonus points:

What type combinations only exist as Legendaries?
How would a new type combination be feasible?
Should an existing Pokemon be given a different type combination?

For that last one, look at Magnemite/Magneton, they were changed from Electric to Electric/Steel, which makes perfect sense.

Fire needs to be paired with more types, like Ice, Grass, Dragon or Water. Furthermore, there are no Bug/Fire Pokemon, there is only one Fire/Flying non-Legendary and the only Steel/Fire Pokemon is a Legendary. I think a Water/Fire Pokemon is completely feasible. Not sure about Ice/Fire, unless it was some kind of literally half-fire, half-ice Pokemon.

Also, obviously there has never been a pure-Flying type. Should there be? Just to shut people up about this fact?

toucheiruka
8th January 2010, 04:42 PM
I think there should be a few pokemon that should have a extra type.

Voltorb and Electrode should have the Steel type like Magnemite.
Koffing and Wheezing should have the Rock type as a second type

I also want to see a Psychic/Fire pokemon, I mean who doesn't want Pyrokinesis?

DarkestLight
8th January 2010, 05:09 PM
I'm not listing the type combos that have not been done yet. Most lie in the Normal realm, however.

I really do wish to see Fir/Psy...as well as Gho/Psy, Gho/Nrm (as retarded as that sounds, it would rock) Psy/Drk, Grs/Stl, Grd/FirF you Numel. I forgot you existed for a bit... and Nrm/Drk.

As for extra typing, Luxray should be Electric/Dark. They need to stop that.

Jeff
8th January 2010, 05:22 PM
An Elec/Dark would be cool, as would Elec/Psychic.

Telume
8th January 2010, 08:08 PM
Dragon/Fire?
Dragon/Electric?
Dragon/Ice?

Pokemaster Ash
8th January 2010, 10:12 PM
Darn, a lot of the good ones have been covered already. Here's my list of potentially really cool typings, repeats or not:

Dragon/Fire
Dragon/Elec
Dragon/Ice
Dragon/Dark
Psychic/Fire
Psychic/Elec
Dark/Psychic (okay, maybe it has a glaring weakness, but still cool)
Dark/Elec
Dark/Fighting (Psychic's worst nightmare aside from Dark/Ghost)
Dark/Steel
Flying. Just Flying.
Fighting/Flying (the ONLY combo that hasn't been done!)
Elec/Fighting
Fire/Water (steam~)
Dragon/Ghost, Dragon/Steel, Fire/Steel in non-Legendary form

And then there's the totally ridiculous like Fire/Elec, Elec/Grass, Fire/Ice (how does that work...?)

I'm sure there's probably a couple of other typings that might be cool, but...not sure what...

And on Pokémon that should have altered typing, maybe make Electivire Elec/Fighting (mostly so more things can kill it), not sure about Luxray for Elec/Dark but it makes sense.

Houndoom_Lover
8th January 2010, 10:16 PM
Golduck should be re-typed as Water/Psychic

Types that have yet to be done... Normal/Dark...Normal/Electric

Tons more, I bet.

Telume
8th January 2010, 10:36 PM
Elec/Grass wierd but it would actually be a great defensive typing.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
9th January 2010, 03:11 AM
I'd like to see a Dragon/Fire one, I mean what could be more appropriate for a classic dragon? Charizard should have had that type combo instead of Fire/Flying in my opinion.

Blademaster
9th January 2010, 07:54 PM
Bug/Dark
Bug/Dragon (what Flygon should have been)
Bug/Electric
Bug/Fire
Bug/Ice
Bug/Normal
Bug/Psychic
Dark/Dragon
Dark/Electric
Dark/Fighting
Dark/Ground
Dark/Normal
Dark/Psychic
Dark/Steel
Dragon/Electric
Dragon/Fighting
Dragon/Fire
Dragon/Grass
Dragon/Ice
Dragon/Normal
Dragon/Poison
Dragon/Rock
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Fire
Electric/Grass
Electric/Ground
Electric/Ice
Electric/Normal
Electric/Poison
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Rock (what Nosepass/Probopass should've been)
Fighting/Flying
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Ice
Fighting/Normal
Fighting/Rock
Fighting/Steel
Fire/Ghost
Fire/Grass
Fire/Ice
Fire/Normal
Fire/Poison (radiation Pokemon)
Fire/Psychic
Fire/Water
Ghost/Grass
Ghost/Ground
Ghost/Normal
Ghost/Psychic
Ghost/Rock
Ghost/Steel
Ghost/Water
Grass/Ground
Grass/Normal
Grass/Steel
Ground/Ice
Ground/Normal
Ice/Normal
Ice/Poison
Ice/Rock
Ice/Steel
Normal/Poison
Normal/Rock
Normal/Steel
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Rock
Poison/Steel
Psychic/Rock

And all reversals thereof.

You're welcome.

DivineAll
9th January 2010, 08:21 PM
Bug/Dark
Bug/Dragon (what Flygon should have been)
Bug/Electric
Bug/Fire
Bug/Ice
Bug/Normal
Bug/Psychic
Dark/Dragon
Dark/Electric
Dark/Fighting
Dark/Ground
Dark/Normal
Dark/Psychic
Dark/Steel
Dragon/Electric
Dragon/Fighting
Dragon/Fire
Dragon/Grass
Dragon/Ice
Dragon/Normal
Dragon/Poison
Dragon/Rock
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Fire
Electric/Grass
Electric/Ground
Electric/Ice
Electric/Normal
Electric/Poison
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Rock (what Nosepass/Probopass should've been)
Fighting/Flying
Fighting/Ghost
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Ice
Fighting/Normal
Fighting/Rock
Fighting/Steel
Fire/Ghost
Fire/Grass
Fire/Ice
Fire/Normal
Fire/Poison (radiation Pokemon)
Fire/Psychic
Fire/Water
Ghost/Grass
Ghost/Ground
Ghost/Normal
Ghost/Psychic
Ghost/Rock
Ghost/Steel
Ghost/Water
Grass/Ground
Grass/Normal
Grass/Steel
Ground/Ice
Ground/Normal
Ice/Normal
Ice/Poison
Ice/Rock
Ice/Steel
Normal/Poison
Normal/Rock
Normal/Steel
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Rock
Poison/Steel
Psychic/Rock

And all reversals thereof.

You're welcome.

The following reversals are the exceptions: Rock/Psychic (Solrock and Lunatone) and Ice/Ground (Swinub, Piloswine, Mamoswine). Also, Fighting/Steel and Grass/Ground are taken up by Lucario and Torterra, respectively, Blade.

I'd also like to point out that there is probably no way anyhow that Normal would be a Secondary Type. It's always been Primary since Generation one just like how Flying is always Secondary since the time period.

I've also underlined in Blade's quoted post the combos that are most likely to appear in Generation 5, if there ever is one.

Blademaster
9th January 2010, 08:26 PM
Thought a few of those didn't look right...

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th January 2010, 04:47 AM
I'd like a Fighting/Flying pokemon. He'd like, have arms and wings, like charizard, but then more bird-ish and with gloves!

Like a Blaziken misfit with wings and all and less fire.

Also, Ice/Rock would be my favorite pokemon ever :D

Heald
10th January 2010, 04:59 AM
Does primary/secondary type actually make any difference? Like would a Flying/Normal type be any different in battle to a Normal/Flying type?

Jeff
10th January 2010, 08:05 AM
No, it really doesn't make a difference at all, except maybe for flying. Since flying is always a secondary type there aren't any pure flying types.

Telume
12th January 2010, 08:12 PM
Ice/Rock is IMO what Glalie should've been.

Weasel Overlord
14th January 2010, 10:13 AM
I'd just like to see more Fire type additions than just the starters and one legendary this time. That was pretty ridiculous, really.

Re: Fire/Ice. Don't forget Snover/Abomasnow is Grass/Ice, which is a pretty weird typing combo. And then there's Chinchou/Lanturn for Electric/Water. They've managed opposite-typed pairings before, so I don't see why not for a Fire/Ice type. It could be like a sort of chimera Pokemon, with multiple heads. Or something.

Blademaster
14th January 2010, 12:28 PM
Or it could be something creative. Chinchou and Lanturn are based off anglerfish (water creatures that use light-producing organs to hunt), and Snover at least is based off a Christmas tree (a plant associated with cold weather). That being said, it's not really hard to come up with a creature that lives in a cold environment and utilizes a self-made heating system or a fiery creature that keeps itself cool in the snowy peak of a volcano.

A possible idea is the pistol shrimp. Though it lives in the water, it typically dwells at a frigid depth, making Ice typing a possibility. As for how fire fits into the equation, the shrimp attacks prey/predators by snapping together its claw with such speed and force that it bursts a bubble of pressurized water, releasing a millisecond of 5,000*K heat. Yes, a shrimp that can generate heat comparable to the surface of the Sun. That's pretty damn hardcore, not to mention hot.

Oslo
22nd January 2010, 05:35 PM
Fire/Grass would be cool. The two types together would negate many weaknesses (Fire's weakness to Water, Fire's weakness to Ground, Grass's weakness to Fire, Grass's weakness to Ice...) and would be easily imaginable, too. Burning bush Pokemon, anyone?

I also vote that Illumise and Volbeat should each get a dual-type evolution--one a Bug/Electric and the other a Bug/Fire, eliminating Bug's weakness to Flying and Bug's weakness to Fire respectively. :) Why Illumise and Volbeat weren't made dual-type I'll never know.

Heald
22nd January 2010, 05:44 PM
Fire/Grass would be cool. The two types together would negate many weaknesses (Fire's weakness to Water, Fire's weakness to Ground, Grass's weakness to Fire, Grass's weakness to Ice...) and would be easily imaginable, too. Burning bush Pokemon, anyone?
Hah, even though Nintendo will never do it, I'd love to see a Pokemon in perpetual agony because it is a grass type that is on fire, but can harness that fire too.

KIILLLLLLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

deedee123
28th November 2010, 04:45 PM
bug/flying

Blademaster
29th November 2010, 07:22 PM
................I'm at a loss.

josguil
4th April 2012, 09:38 AM
Dragon/Fire?
Dragon/Electric?
Dragon/Ice?

Sir, you just predicted the legendary poks of the 5th generation.

O.o'

MeLoVeGhOsTs
5th April 2012, 03:21 AM
Necromancing, yay!

Also, Ice/Rock and Ice/Steel. Or just cooler ice-combinations:D

Oh and a Dragon/Rock legendary, raaaaaaawr.

classy_cat18
5th April 2012, 08:45 PM
Electric/Dark. Make it happen, Nintendo.

Blademaster
7th April 2012, 01:11 AM
If BW2 make those fused Legendaries into triple-type Pokemon (Dragon/Ice/Fire and Dragon/Ice/Electric, I'd assume), we're all fucked and this topic is even more fucked.

Rossymore
7th April 2012, 12:07 PM
Sorry to tell you that the fused dragons still retain their Dragon/Ice typing, but will most likely obtain Fire and Electric moves, maybe even Ice Burn and Freeze Shock.

Although, it may be speculated that the two fusion dragons can be fused again into the original dragon, the one that split into Reshiram and Zekrom, with the shell of Kyurem. That will be an interesting to for sure.

Oslo
7th April 2012, 02:20 PM
Fire/Grass would be cool.

I agree with Oslo-from-two-years-ago. Fire/Grass needs to happen.

Rossymore
7th April 2012, 04:53 PM
Aww, Oslo-from-two-years-ago was so cute back then. What went wrong? :keke:

But you should have seen Rossymore-from-two-years-ago, especially his reffings. Hoo boy those were nasty.

What I really want to see is more dark combinations, because the dark type is awesome and they need a move higher than 90 base power.

DarkestLight
7th April 2012, 05:56 PM
Not really. Dark having weaker moves is ok, Just keep making those bastard status moves :D I'll compensate just fine.

Link
7th April 2012, 08:11 PM
There is a pure Flying type already, up to this point in pokemon. Arceus says hi. O.O

Rossymore
7th April 2012, 09:35 PM
Tornadus says hi as well, along with Arceus with a Sky Plate.

So far, Fighting is the only type yet combined with Flying.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
8th April 2012, 05:40 AM
It's not official, but Oslo, check out smogon's fake-pokemon. The 'CAP-project'. They have Pyroak, a fire/grass third evolution, pretty badass:D

DarkestLight
8th April 2012, 01:24 PM
Yeah the CAP's are great. I really liked Revenak's TBF. I havent hung around for CAP 8 OR 9, but Im tempted to check out #10.