PDA

View Full Version : U.S. GameStop Shiny Pichu Promo Later This Month!

Starry Might
12th January 2010, 02:43 PM
Pokemon.com has announced that the distribution of Shiny Pichu, which are also known as Pikachu-colored Pichu, to players of Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum will be held at GameStop stores
in the United States from Jan. 30 to Feb. 14. The Shiny Pichu will be level 30 and male only, and they will come in a Cherish Ball. They will be holding an Everstone and a Classic Ribbon, and they will have the Jolly nature. Lastly, they will know the moves Charge, Volt Tackle, Endeavor and Endure. These Pichu, when traded to Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver and taken to the Ilex Forest shrine, will allow players to obtain the Spiky-eared Pichu featured in the most recent movie, Arceus and the Jewel of Life. The Spikey-eared Pichu will be female only and they will hold a Zap Plate. They know the moves Volt Tackle, Helping Hand, Swagger and Pain Split, and they cannot be traded. Shiny Pichu were initially given to players of the Japanese games who pre-ordered tickets
to the aforementioned movie. The North American versions of HeartGold and SoulSilver are set to be released on March 14.
Original Link (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Distributions_related_to_HeartGold,_SoulSilver_to_ begin_end_of_January) (This news item also has info on a Japanese "HeartGold/SoulSilver" Pokewalker area event, but it's irrelevant to this topic.)

So, is anyone doing this?

Me? Maybe...simply because the fact that this is happening at GameStop, which is a store that's actually in my city (the local mall, to be exact) would make him much easier to obtain than the Toys 'R' Us promo Pokemon I've gotten!

Second, having him would allow me to do the Spiky-eared Pichu event in "HeartGold/SoulSilver" a couple months from now.

And finally, he'd be a guaranteed Shiny Pokemon. :D

Jeff
12th January 2010, 02:48 PM
Woo, more news!

I might do it. So far the only event that I've done has been the Gamestop Deoxys. Since this one's also at Gamestop, I might actually do it.

DarkestLight
12th January 2010, 05:06 PM
Ima do it. There's like ....75 Gamestops within distance of me. Oohh NYC, How I love you so.

Lawence Codye
13th January 2010, 01:24 AM
I am definetely doing this...I have two Gamestops around me so yeah like Deoxys before, I am getting this Pichu...

Blademaster
13th January 2010, 01:39 AM
If I can get a ride to Wayne, I'm going for it.

Link
22nd January 2010, 01:21 PM
I'll be getting this guy when I have time to go to the 8 gamestops by me.

Starry Might
1st February 2010, 12:01 PM
Hey guys, me and my Dad got the Pichus!

It was like this: Me and my Dad bought an Xbox 360 Elite bundle as an early birthday present for me (thanks for the good price, Amazon!), and even though we had an old-fashioned TV, we thought it still looked okay...until my Dad got "Test Drive Unlimited" and we both struggled to read the GPS in the lower-left corner of the screen! :\

So yesterday - after many days of deliberation and research - we got a cheap yet nice HDTV at Best Buy (and a new cable for our Wii), but before that, we went to our mall to get the Pichus. It wasn't quite open, but GameStop was transmitting the signal anyway, so we were still able to snag them from nearby.

:172: And that's my Shiny Pichu story! :172:

:D

Wolfsong
2nd February 2010, 11:53 PM
I went to the local gamestop today and their machine was down. And their backup was dead. Due to the snow that we had no one had showed up to fix it but htey had called so hopefully it will be fixed soon and i can get mine. *headdesk*

kainashi
3rd February 2010, 01:43 PM
hoping to get mine one of these days. i can finally preorder soul silver while i'm up there. :)

Roy Karrde
3rd February 2010, 01:46 PM
Like most of the give aways I now have two, I really should do a tournament or give away or something

mr_pikachu
3rd February 2010, 02:11 PM
I'm still open to incorporating it into the TPMBL (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15709), Roy, if that sounds good to you.

kainashi
3rd February 2010, 02:38 PM
I'm still open to incorporating it into the TPMBL (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15709), Roy, if that sounds good to you.if only i still took battling seriously. i stopped after gsc. :( kind of started picking it up again, just waiting for hgss. :)

Roy Karrde
3rd February 2010, 03:35 PM
I'm still open to incorporating it into the TPMBL (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15709), Roy, if that sounds good to you.

Awesome I will take a look tonight at my doubles, and send you the info

kainashi
5th February 2010, 08:50 PM
just got my pichu and reserved soul silver. :cool2:

Number1ChanseyFan
6th February 2010, 04:57 AM
I got 3 Pichus yesterday, one each for D/P/Pl. For some reason I decided to go and do this in the middle of this blizzard that is going on. More fun that way!! ^_^

Jeff
6th February 2010, 07:30 AM
Crazy. Maybe it's not as bad over there, but there's no getting out in it here. A foot and a half and still falling. Yeah, I think I'll wait.

Number1ChanseyFan
6th February 2010, 10:28 AM
Crazy. Maybe it's not as bad over there, but there's no getting out in it here. A foot and a half and still falling. Yeah, I think I'll wait.
Dang that's a lot of snow. It already stopped here, and the sun is actually out. I don't know how much is on the ground, I would guess about a foot or so, maybe less. All I know is that my television is out because my dish is literally over halfway buried under snow and I'm not climbing up there to shovel it out. lol