PDA

View Full Version : Team Rockets Pokémon

Dragon_Claw
13th April 2003, 11:14 AM
Who has pictures and names of Team Rocket's new pokémon?

Hanada Tattsu
13th April 2003, 11:38 AM
Okay, I think you know that before Hoenn even begins, James trades his Victreebell with the Magikarp Salesman's Weepinbell who knows Sweet Scent. However, it later evolves into Victreebell, and runs off with James' old Victrebell, and they become sweethearts. :)

Then, in the sixth episode of Advance, Jessie leaves her Arbok and James leaves his Weezing to help a group of Ekans and Koffing escape a Pokemon Poacher and his Tyranitar. Eventually, the poacher is arrested.

In the same episode, James captures a Cacnea, who always hugs him.

Cacnea - http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs119.png

In the next episode, Jessie catches a Seviper, who always bites her long hair. :D

Seviper - http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs124.png

In about seven more episodes, Jessie later catches a Wurmple, who we now will eventually evolve into Cascoon and later into Dustox.

Wurmple - http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs014.png

Cascoon - http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs017.png

Dustox - http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs018.png

So, Jessie has three Pokemon so far (Wobuffet, Seviper, Dustox) and James has only one (Cacnea).

They still have Meowth.

FalcovsLeon20
18th April 2003, 08:03 PM
WHAT? James constantly gets hugs from his Cacnea?:o That's really disturbing (not to mention painful) to constantly get hugged by a cactus. I guess he doesn't mind getting a bunch of spikes jabbed into him.

Zak
18th April 2003, 08:07 PM
Dude... there's a reason we have a Spoiler forum. READ THE STICKIES.

~Zak

JazzJazz
19th April 2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by FalcovsLeon20
WHAT? James constantly gets hugs from his Cacnea?:o That's really disturbing (not to mention painful) to constantly get hugged by a cactus. I guess he doesn't mind getting a bunch of spikes jabbed into him.

It's called comedy, comic relief moreso. Team Rocket is a walking calamity... cacnea adds to this.

Light_Togetic
19th April 2003, 01:24 PM
:D I think it's cute how Cacnea hugs James! For some reason, I never seem to get tired of running gags like Psyduck/Wobbuffet popping out, Jigglypuff singing, or Victreebel eating James, etc. I always seem to laugh at them.

But I do wish they'd give James a new pokemon... he's only got one. He should get a good poison type that suits him. Roselia and Gulpin come to mind...

Hanada Tattsu
19th April 2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
:D I think it's cute how Cacnea hugs James! For some reason, I never seem to get tired of running gags like Psyduck/Wobbuffet popping out, Jigglypuff singing, or Victreebel eating James, etc. I always seem to laugh at them.

But I do wish they'd give James a new pokemon... he's only got one. He should get a good poison type that suits him. Roselia and Gulpin come to mind...

Gulpin looks good for him. I dunno if we should see Ash or James getting it.

It would look cool with Ash, since he could send it to Oak and it would be a nice companion for Muk.

Dragon_Claw
20th April 2003, 05:53 AM
How did James get his first Weepingbell? That show never got aired in the Netherlands

So Jessie keeps Wobbufet? Good, I like the big ol blue piece of pudding

Riven
20th April 2003, 12:12 PM
If James can handle his Victrebell trying to eat him all the time, then I'm sure he can handle a couple pricks and pokes from a Cacnea.

I like Team Rocket, honestly I think they were one of the best group of characters I've ever seen, James being my favorite of the three because he's funny and everything always happens to him.

Hanada Tattsu
20th April 2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by PokéRuler
How did James get his first Weepingbell? That show never got aired in the Netherlands

That's exactly the point we never see James get his Victrebell, in Japan or the rest of the world.

We first see it in "The Breeding Center Secret" an early Kanto episode with Todd in it, and also the episode which introduced Cassidy and Butch.

Now, we first see James take out his Victrebell out of a cage at the breeding place and say "Oh, my old Weepinbell must have evolved".

Now, that's all we hear of Victrebell. The next time we see it is during the Pokemon League.

Now, people were always remarking that James caught it in a banned episode, notably the Legend of Dratini, but he doesn't, I've seen all of the USA banned episodes, and even the Japan banned episode "Electric Soldier Porygon" and he dosen't get it.

Riven
20th April 2003, 01:06 PM
I honestly can't believe Butch and Cassidy took the time to evolve it with a Leaf Stone when they could've used it to evolve something else. Victrebell, does evolve with a Leaf Stone doesn't it?

Zak
20th April 2003, 01:11 PM
Victreebel leaves in the last episode of Master Quest, "Kasey and Elekid". However, I'm not 100% sure, but I *THINK* we might see a flashback of how he got it.

~Zak

Riven
20th April 2003, 01:15 PM
I remembered when I first watched that episode and James said that it was his, I thought, James, man, stop eating those magic mushooms for god sakes!

Dragon_Claw
21st April 2003, 07:33 AM
Maybe the Victreebell isn't really his. That would explain why Victreebell tries eating him all the time. That would mean he succeeded stealing a pokémon sooner then jessie

diurnal.
21st April 2003, 09:51 AM
doesn't he steal it from the breedin' centre?......i always thought that he steals it in the japanese version but the script wasn't translated right......of cause i've never seen it and don't understand japanese in any case and have never posted in the animi forum be4 and that my opinion is unimportant anyway:P

but it would explain why it always attacks him wouldn't it....?

ryandude713
22nd April 2003, 01:42 AM
ive got a question
kinda off subject, but what attacks do the new team rocket pokemon use?
or has team rocket even gotten them yet?

Riven
22nd April 2003, 08:05 PM
James isn't smart enough to steal a pokemon, when you think about it, they've never stolen a single pokemon

Wobba doesn't count because Jessie unknowingly traded her Lickntung for it.

CobaltDragon
23rd April 2003, 07:31 AM
What I'd like to see is James getting a Zangoose! Since it is arch-rivals with Seviper, it would be really funny to see them battle each other instead of the twerp-trio's Pokemon.

Riven
23rd April 2003, 07:47 AM
Actaully that would be funny:D :yes:

CobaltDragon
23rd April 2003, 08:01 AM
:) Yay! I finally think of something worthwhile! :)

Anti-R*cketship
23rd April 2003, 08:02 AM
Yeah, that would be kind of funny, until about the twelfth time it happened. Then, like Victreebel's attacks/love bites, it would just get to be annoying.

Riven
23rd April 2003, 08:05 AM
I dunno, I still laugh every time the giant yellow Fly trap tries to eat James, but that's just me

CobaltDragon
23rd April 2003, 08:32 AM
Same here. Those repetitive acts always makes me laugh as well, so its not just only you, Riven. Its me too! LoL

Chris 2.1
23rd April 2003, 10:06 AM
seviper has:
poison tail
poison fang
SMOKESCREEN
iron tail

POSSIBLY acid...

Cacnea has:
needle arm
spike cannon

Not sure of anymore

FalcovsLeon20
23rd April 2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
seviper has:
poison tail
poison fang
SMOKESCREEN
iron tail

POSSIBLY acid...

Cacnea has:
needle arm
spike cannon

Not sure of anymore

Uh I think you're confusing Haze for Smokescreen and Pin Missle for Spike Cannon.

Seviper doesn't learn Smokescreen but it learns Haze and that attack pretty much looks similar to Smokescreen. Samething for Cacnea. Doesn't learn Spike Cannon but learns Pin Missile which are both similar attacks. It's easy to mistake the two but trust me. Seviper uses Haze and Cacnea uses Pin Missile.

Hanada Tattsu
23rd April 2003, 08:01 PM
Jessie's Seviper's trademark move is Poison Tail. Kinda like how Arbok used Poison Sting all the time.

James and Cacnea always use Poison Sting, but they use other moves two, just they use those two most of the time.

sulcataixlude
23rd April 2003, 11:21 PM
Speaking of the new pokemon team rocket gets what does Serviper and Cacnea sound like by the way?

Rocketa
24th April 2003, 04:18 PM
I've only heard what they sound like from the episode where they are caught, but I know Cacnea sounds kinda like Elmo. A really sweet voice. He says his name clearly.

Seviper is kinda like a hiss and some cracking noises. Kinda like Arbok, he doesn't repeat his name clearly.

I still haven't heard what either of them sound like in battle. I have a feeling they'll keep Seviper's Japanese voice. Cacnea's has to me changed for obvious reasons (although I wish they wouldn't, I really like his voice!:( ) As long as they keep him sounding innocent without sounding annoying (I'm looking at you Phampy) I'll be happy.

Hanada Tattsu
24th April 2003, 07:25 PM
Yeah, Cacnea has the cutest voice! :)

I'm guessing they'll change it to a raspy voice for the dub. >_<

Seviper has a cool voice, and It's kinda like Arbok, except it's much different. I miss Arbok! :(

CobaltDragon
26th April 2003, 07:29 AM
Kinda off subject, but speaking of Team Rocket's Pokemon, why did Jessie have a Lickitung in the episode "So near, yet so Farfetch'd?" I thought she caught it in "Princess vs. Princess"!

Anti-R*cketship
26th April 2003, 09:26 AM
In the Japanese version, Princess vs. Princess aired BEFORE So Near Yet So Farfetch'd. Supposedly, this is also the reason Togepi was unseen in Pvs.P, but all episode guides I've seen list Who Gets To Keep Togepi before P vs. P, even in the Jp. version.

CobaltDragon
26th April 2003, 09:39 AM
hmmm....how strange. I wonder why they switched it around?

Hanada Tattsu
26th April 2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by CobaltDragon
hmmm....how strange. I wonder why they switched it around?

They always switch stuff around at least once a season.

Because of Princess VS Princess and the Purr-fect Hero, so many episodes got switched around. I think Kids WB and 4Kids were hesitant to show an episode about Children's Day, because that is a Japanese holiday.

Dragon_Claw
27th April 2003, 07:02 AM
the second Whirl Cup episode was on today, and when watching the intro I saw Jessie, James + Meowth running, and then a Delibird jumped up.

Why was the Delibird in this particular drawing? Will Jessie or James catch a Delibird or something?

quilava flame
27th April 2003, 11:02 AM
That Delibird isn't theirs. It is a team rocket pokemon though and always comes around asking team rocket for money.

Hanada Tattsu
28th April 2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by quilava flame
That Delibird isn't theirs. It is a team rocket pokemon though and always comes around asking team rocket for money.

Yeah, the Delibird follows them around, kinda like how Jigglypuff followed Ash-tachi and how Snubull followed Jessie-tachi. It stops following them during the Silver Convention, when TR sell so much fake merchandise that they can pay off all their debts...

I wish we see it in AG though...

pokemongeek
29th April 2003, 09:23 AM
I Too Think It Would Be Hilarious To See James Catching A Zangoose. I Also Think It WOuld Be Interesting If James Ended Up Catching A Trapinch. Instead Of Haning His Head In The Mouth Of A Victreebel Every Time He Releases It From Its Pokeball, His Leg Would Be Caught In The Ant Pit's Mouth! Imagine The Look On His Face As James' Trapinch Shows Its Love And Affection For Him Whenever It Snaps Its Jaws Around His Leg! James:Who Love Trapinch? Who Love Trapinch? I DO! Trapinch~Smiling:Tra PINCH! (Trapinch Snaps Its Jaws Around James' Leg.) James~Screaming And Running Around In Circles:Eeeeeeee! Get It Off! GET It Off! Awww... That's Such An Adorable Thought. It Would Also Be Great If James Caught A Sharpedo And It Kept Attacking Team Rocket On A Regular Basis.

Hanada Tattsu
29th April 2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by pokemongeek
I Too Think It Would Be Hilarious To See James Catching A Zangoose. I Also Think It WOuld Be Interesting If James Ended Up Catching A Trapinch. Instead Of Haning His Head In The Mouth Of A Victreebel Every Time He Releases It From Its Pokeball, His Leg Would Be Caught In The Ant Pit's Mouth! Imagine The Look On His Face As James' Trapinch Shows Its Love And Affection For Him Whenever It Snaps Its Jaws Around His Leg! James:Who Love Trapinch? Who Love Trapinch? I DO! Trapinch~Smiling:Tra PINCH! (Trapinch Snaps Its Jaws Around James' Leg.) James~Screaming And Running Around In Circles:Eeeeeeee! Get It Off! GET It Off! Awww... That's Such An Adorable Thought. It Would Also Be Great If James Caught A Sharpedo And It Kept Attacking Team Rocket On A Regular Basis.

LOL, I can't see James with a Trapinch, but I can see a Sharpedo following them around and always biting Meowth's tail, kinda like how Snubull/Granbull was like back in the old JLC days.

pokemongeek
30th April 2003, 06:09 AM
James COULD Have A Trapinch. It Could Bite Everyone It Sees On The Leg.

Hanada Tattsu
30th April 2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by pokemongeek
James COULD Have A Trapinch. It Could Bite Everyone It Sees On The Leg.

I guess so, but due to the sixth movie trailer, either Ash or Brock might get a Trapinch, so the Trapnich might bite Ash or Brock on the leg, not James.

Chris 2.1
10th May 2003, 03:37 PM
I STILL THINK the Flygon belongs to tha woman! But i suppose the recent episode 304 tells us how fast evolution can be...The Cascoon and Silcoon evolve in episode 304: Beautifly and Dustox. although those are what I'd call NATURAL evolutions, where they happen in nature naturally, and have to be triggered eventually.

I guess James could get a ... erm..... man, this is hard. TOO MANY NEW POKEMON! ARGH. Seriously, I think he should aquire himself a rather groovey [insert Pokemon here]

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
I guess James could get a ... erm..... man, this is hard. TOO MANY NEW POKEMON! ARGH. Seriously, I think he should aquire himself a rather groovey [insert Pokemon here]

Umm... were you thinking of the Swablu evolution line?

An Altaria really suits James. Altaria is clean and pure, and likewise is James, he's more of a snob.

If not, a Slakoth would really annoy him.

FalcovsLeon20
11th May 2003, 04:32 PM
Uh I'd rather not see anyone on the show get a Trapinch. It ruins my Fanfic plans I'll have you know. Though a Flygon would suit Ash or at least a Vibrava. Seriously, I really think Zangoose doesn't fit with James. Mawile would be a good idea. Mawile would be the Pokemon to take over Victreebel's old running gag. Nah Cacnea is already hugging him and jabbing the poor guy with its spikes. I really could imagine James getting Numel though. And no James shouldn't get Altaria either. That's a pokemon that I think May would be caught training.

Hanada Tattsu
11th May 2003, 08:35 PM
How about James gets a Makuhita or a Hariyama? They kinda suit him, when and if he catches a Makuita, it can always arm thrust him, LOL.

Bacl
12th May 2003, 04:14 PM
I'm still confused as to why the wirters made James ditch his Wheezing. So far all the unobtainables have been abandoned for obtainables which is why Arbok, Victreebel, Onix, and all Ash's old Poke's had to go. But Wheezing is obtainable. Anyway...

It would be neat if they showed us a flashback of how James got Victrebel, but I like the consensus that he stole it. Either way I really loved how it bit him all the time, you got the impression that thing was insane from having a trainer like James. I mean just think of its insane screams...eeeeeeeEEEEeeeEEEEEeeee...

Originally, way back when, the pattern Pokemon set up was that everyone had the most unevolved forms of Pokemon and Ash had one of each element (electric, fire, water, grass, etc). Team rocket, being the bad guys, each had poison types which I always thought was intentional.

But Koffing and Ekans tell us in subtitled words that they are not evil, in fact no Pokemon is truly evl, only evil masters. Interesting that such a strong and from that point on constant theme came from the mouth of Ekans and Koffing.

Personally I think that team rocket reached Poke-perfection with Wheezing, Arbok, Wobbuffet and Victrebell.

It breaks my heart that characters we know and love are being written off of the show so that they can showcase new Pokemon.

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Bacl
Personally I think that team rocket reached Poke-perfection with Wheezing, Arbok, Wobbuffet and Victrebell.

It breaks my heart that characters we know and love are being written off of the show so that they can showcase new Pokemon.

I agree, Seviper, Cacnea, and Dustox will never match the superiority and comic relief that we had with Arbok, Lickitung, Victrebell, and Weezing.

Oh well, at least we have Wobuffet left.

pokemongeek
13th May 2003, 06:18 AM
It WOULD If James Would Catch A Zangoose That Always Fight With Jessie's Seviper, A Trapinch That Loves To Chomp On James's Leg As A Sign Of Affection, Or A Sharpedo That Attacks Everyone It Sees.

Hanada Tattsu
13th May 2003, 06:23 PM
A Trapinch biting James' leg would be funny, but what would it do when an dif it evolves into Vibrava or even Flygon?

Light_Togetic
14th May 2003, 10:17 AM
I don't know about a Trapinch... I still feel that James needs a good poison pokemon. They're Team Rocket for crying out loud! Team Rocket always has poison pokemon in the games. They're TR's signature type pokemon (besides dark types). Besides, Jessie now has Seviper and Dustox as poison types, so I think James needs a good one (before Jessie takes 'em all ;) ).

Zak
14th May 2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
A Trapinch biting James' leg would be funny, but what would it do when an dif it evolves into Vibrava or even Flygon?

The writers would probably give it a reason to fly away. :P

~Zak

BenRG
15th May 2003, 06:32 AM
This might have been mentioned before, but it is worth mentioning again. In the new Japanese end titles, we see Meowth snoozing peacefully in an Altaria's cloud. While the title sequence art doesn't always relate to what happens in the show, to date all the Pokémon shown associating with the characters in the Advance Generation titles have ended up on a main character's team. Does this mean that James will capture an Altaria? :o

I know how fantastically unlikely it is that James would capture a dragon-type Pokémon, but isn't it worth considering? Stranger things have happened before, of course. Furthermore, the circumstances under which Misty captured her Poliwag and Ash captured his Noctowl suggest that wild Pokémon will deliberately engineer their own capture by a Trainer who they approve of.

[EDIT - Cleared up an ambiguity]

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 09:06 AM
LOL, Zak.

I've always wanted May to catch a Swablu and evolve it into an Altaria, maybe even hinting to become a Dragon trainer, which I'd love to see, but I also want Jessie or James to catch one.