PDA

View Full Version : Female Pokemon Master

Dawn
13th January 2010, 05:46 PM
should a girl can be a pokemon master even she not a boy

Jeff
13th January 2010, 05:59 PM
Sure, why not?

Of course it seems like it took a while for the games to recognize this. There wasn't a female champion until Gen 4.

Dawn
13th January 2010, 06:08 PM
Sure, why not?

Of course it seems like it took a while for the games to recognize this. There wasn't a female champion until Gen 4.

u mean a female main character in video game can be a champion in pokemon leaque after she beating champion and eilte 4

abunaidesu
13th January 2010, 06:42 PM
i see ur into shipping

pm me 4 for the goodz

Jeff
13th January 2010, 07:44 PM
u mean a female main character in video game can be a champion in pokemon leaque after she beating champion and eilte 4

Well, there's that, but I meant a person who is already champion at the beginning of the game, as in Cynthia.

Telume
13th January 2010, 10:58 PM
I think she means the title more accurately reflecting the gender... such as "Pokemon Mistress" since it is the female equivalent of Master.

EngiMatikul
13th January 2010, 11:33 PM
I think she means the title more accurately reflecting the gender... such as "Pokemon Mistress" since it is the female equivalent of Master.

I think so too.

I also find this concept mildly amusing. Not in the scoffing kind of way, I just think all those anime stereotypes "Ohohohohohoho"s have gotten to me. :V

Telume
13th January 2010, 11:48 PM
I don't get your statement.

pokemasterfrank
14th January 2010, 02:37 AM
EngiMatikul, your sig is awesome. Are you looking forward to the movie that's coming out this month?

Telume, he means the stereotypical female character that thinks they're superior and has the OH HO HO laugh. Think like... Naga from Slayers or Renge from Ouran High School Host Club.

I didn't watch it in it's Japanese incarnation, but did that girl in the Pokemon Tech episode in the first season have that laugh?

Dawn
14th January 2010, 03:42 AM
oh okay....then ya

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
14th January 2010, 11:22 AM
Pokémon Mistress sounds a bit odd ... I'd just go with the neutral Pokémon Champion honestly.

EngiMatikul
14th January 2010, 02:44 PM
I don't get your statement.

Another way to look at it in addition to what pmf explained is that "Master" can have different meanings. In one case, the word "Master" can indicate an important person which generally oversees or controls others. In other cases, "Master" can relate to the verb "to master" or to develop high skills for a particular task. "Pokemon Master" can be both such definitions: one who holds supreme control over other Pokemon, or one who has developed a high level of skill in playing the game/ raising the pokemon/ etc.

In general, or perhaps just because I've been taught to think such a way, I think the "skill" concept of master is less pervasive / more child-friendly than the "controlling/dominating" definition.

Mistress, however, is SOLELY the definition of "controlling/dominating" except in the female form. There is never any word of someone mistressing a skill. This is why, even though your statement was logical, I found it mildly amusing. And probably why Alex thinks it sounds odd.

pmf: I don't know yet if I'm going to watch it, I've been meaning to play the game but I keep putting it off for other stuff, although I should really play it soon... maybe after I finish these other 5 visual novels + 15 anime series I have backlogged...

EDIT: Correction! Mistress can also mean a lover. Of various types. But I'm sure that's not the definition people are looking for, either.

mr_pikachu
14th January 2010, 04:19 PM
EDIT: Correction! Mistress can also mean a lover. Of various types. But I'm sure that's not the definition people are looking for, either.

Hey, I'm sure some (http://www.ketsuban.us/aniscod/zoo.php) people are looking for that kind of "Pokemon Mistress."

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th January 2010, 07:38 AM
That's exactly why I thought Pokemon Champion sounds better, lol.

Telume
15th January 2010, 12:30 PM
I blame mr_pikachu.

arnoldclab
31st January 2010, 10:09 PM
No human girl can match the female pokemon Gardevoir in hotness.I got a thing against saying something that's not a living breathing person is hot so i'll say that lorelei/prima is the cutest chick from the anime saying she's hot would be admitting that i've got some sorta sexual obsession which,i don't, not for a drawing anyways...

Telume
1st February 2010, 01:08 AM
No human girl can match the female pokemon Gardevoir in hotness.I got a thing against saying something that's not a living breathing person is hot so i'll say that lorelei/prima is the cutest chick from the anime saying she's hot would be admitting that i've got some sorta sexual obsession which,i don't, not for a drawing anyways...

Gardevoir can be male, even if it looks female. Gallade is male-only, just thought I'd throw that out there.

lindar
9th February 2010, 09:31 PM
female pokemon Gardevoir can't match the girl no longer.I dare say she is the kindful in the world

Blademaster
9th February 2010, 10:24 PM
What.

Telume
9th February 2010, 11:07 PM
I request topic closure D:

Lady Vulpix
10th February 2010, 10:24 AM
Request granted. This thread has failed.