PDA

View Full Version : TPM April Fools

Andrew
17th January 2010, 01:46 AM
Dear TPM Members,

On behalf of the moderation and admin team at The Pokemasters, we wish to canvas the board for consultation and input for April Fools 2010. We would greatly appreciate your suggestions for April Fools this year so we can pull a really good prank!

If you could please post below a detailed idea for something our board can do to entertain you on April 1st that would be great.

Thank you :)

shazza
17th January 2010, 02:19 AM
If we all contribute and are aware of the upcoming prank, it won't be surprising and special. This should be something that only the staff plan together, yo.

Andrew
17th January 2010, 02:23 AM
I understand completely Shazza and I agree. But after careful consideration, we have decided to do what is best is in the best interests of the TPM community and we want to keep everyone in the loop.

It's the only fair thing to do is make April Fools FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE!

Jeff
17th January 2010, 08:12 AM
Uhh, I'm with shazza on this one. It really doesn't make sense to do anything if everyone knows about it.

Knight of Time
17th January 2010, 09:14 AM
I agree with shazza, I think the mods can come up with something for April Fool's Day this year, it may be a couple of months away, but I think planning it in advance is a good idea, are suggestions being accepted right now or what?

Lady Vulpix
17th January 2010, 09:50 AM
After last year I don't think I'd like to take part in another prank. I definitely won't unless it's something innocent and harmless.

If you're going to organize it, Andrew, -and if you really want to pull a prank-, maybe you can have people PM you their ideas, so that people don't get to know in advance what you're going to do. Otherwise it won't be a prank at all.

Then again, if people decide they don't want a prank and just want to do something funny that everyoe can share, I'm all for it.

mr_pikachu
17th January 2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah, we basically decided that after all the whining people did last year, we weren't going to bother with working hard to surprise everyone again this time around. -_-

Blademaster
17th January 2010, 12:27 PM
whining

working hard

surprise everyone

F.

U.

C.

K.

Y.

O.

U.

Heald
17th January 2010, 12:28 PM
LAWL,

e-drama ftw

Asilynne
17th January 2010, 12:58 PM
Last year was in poor taste, whether it was April fools or no. Jokes arent really jokes when you feel that way for real and everyone knows it.

Anyway as far as this year goes, why dont we try pranking some other pokemon site in some way? Or we could do like ridiculous news stories on the main site since we have one now. I do have an idea for a fun ridiculous thing which I would have done last year had the day gone better. So I may do it this year ^v^

Lady Vulpix
17th January 2010, 01:46 PM
Last year was in poor taste, whether it was April fools or no. Jokes arent really jokes when you feel that way for real and everyone knows it.
We didn't really feel that way, the topics were fake. Half of them were in poor taste, and I've already apologized for my part in them, but they were made specifically for that event. They're not to be taken seriously.

kazr
17th January 2010, 04:42 PM
Someone tell me what happened last year.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th January 2010, 04:56 PM
I ran around naked and Blade hates me ever since.

classy_cat18
17th January 2010, 06:10 PM
And half of the members went blind.

Seriously, we posted a few fake topics that were supposed to be from the mod forum, making it look like they were leaked. And people didn't think it was funny.

Mew Master
17th January 2010, 09:25 PM
I'm sorry, but last year's were in bad taste. And this is the opinion of more than just a few isolated members of the board. The jokes were in bad taste, despite the intentions of being made AS a joke, it did not go over like a joke.

I don't separate them into which ones were offensive and which were not, they all were offensive and in bad taste.

Whatever you guys do, what matters is that you don't do anything along the lines of last year's again.

Ever.

Zak
17th January 2010, 09:32 PM
Yeah, way to ask for ideas in a public forum. If everyone is in on it, it won't even be a prank.

Though, for Andrew's sake, I hope that he is joking. Even though it isn't exactly laugh-inducing.

mr_pikachu
17th January 2010, 09:43 PM
I'm just going to say that, whether you feel the fake threads were in good taste or otherwise, if people are going to pitch a fit about an April Fools' joke then they shouldn't expect a second effort. I don't blame Andrew or anyone else for outright asking what everyone would like to see. Even if the novelty's gone, at least there won't be any fights over it. We can do something in which people will be mildly interested, without any risk.

Andrew
17th January 2010, 09:47 PM
I remember there has been backlash over almost every April Fools prank. I just want us all to be friends!

Jeff
17th January 2010, 09:50 PM
True. Even the fake database error led me to leave a semi-angry message in one of the polls, because I actually thought the forums were down all day.

Telume
17th January 2010, 11:54 PM
Guess I should be glad I wasn't really around for that. o_o

shazza
18th January 2010, 12:26 AM
What was the April Fools where all the mods modded different forums? 2002?

RedStarWarrior
18th January 2010, 12:31 AM
You are all idiots for getting butt hurt over last year.

Fucking get over it, pricks. It's people like you that suck.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th January 2010, 02:04 AM
What about random shit-topics about members?

classy_cat18
18th January 2010, 02:07 AM
You don't wanna know. Seriously. None of us wants that can of worms opened again.

Master Rudy
18th January 2010, 02:25 AM
We didn't really feel that way, the topics were fake. Half of them were in poor taste, and I've already apologized for my part in them, but they were made specifically for that event. They're not to be taken seriously.

You see Gabi I don't doubt that a good majority of those were jokes. Me and my friends and co-workers can toss around what would sound like pretty insulting things to say. In the end we never mean it. As for last year you would think that considering that it was April 1st people would know better.

However while I believe that the majority of the topics last year were along the first type of joke (sounds serious, but is meant in fun), I do seriously believe that a few people saw it as a chance to take shots at people they didn't like and then pass it off as a "joke." I know I'm not the only one that believes this. As for naming names I won't bother......they know who they are. Even the jokes that truely were not intended to cause harm backfired pretty bad last year.

As a result I wouldn't go so far as to totally ditch April Fool's. However I'd be much more careful in the types of jokes done in the future. Truth be told I like the idea Shazza had. Move around a few mods to forums they don't normally cover. That should cause enough chaos that shouldn't overly harm anyone :lol:

shazza
18th January 2010, 02:53 AM
That's not my idea; it is what occurred in an earlier April Fools, perhaps 2002?

Master Rudy
18th January 2010, 07:07 AM
That's not my idea; it is what occurred in an earlier April Fools, perhaps 2002?

Come on man.....take the credit for it. It's the American way! ^_~

Lady Vulpix
18th January 2010, 07:29 AM
Nothing of what I did last year was for real. I still regret it, nonetheless, because people were upset because of it; and I'll never do anything like that again. If a few people did use the fake topics as a chance to express their hard feelings towards others, they should know by now that it was a really bad thing to do, and I hope they have learnt from it and won't do it again either. I'm sorry I didn't notice that in time, and I'm also sorry that those posts took the attention away from the other topics, in which we were just acting dumb or poking fun at ourselves.

In any case, that's in the past and it won't happen again. Can we please move on?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th January 2010, 09:37 AM
^_~

Gavin Luper
18th January 2010, 10:33 AM
I love you, Andrew.

Bear
18th January 2010, 11:25 AM
I ran around naked and Blade hates me ever since.

I think a certain user in this thread would like to see ME run around naked ;)

Dark Sage
18th January 2010, 12:33 PM
April Fools jokes always go too far.

One April 1st, when I was in bording school, someone in my dorm room thought it would be funny to lock me out of my room and hide my clothes when I was in the shower.

Well, I didn't think it was funny, and the dorm supervisor didn't think so either after I broke the door down. Neither did everyone in the dorm. Since no-one would own up to it, everyone in the dorm had to contribute to pay for the door.

Jokes like this lead to bad things happening.

Katie
18th January 2010, 12:36 PM
you can add filters to forums to change certain words users type to other words right? why not play with one of those?

Telume
18th January 2010, 12:52 PM
Because so many people type curses into their posts its not even funny and it would kind of kill the lustre of Mt. Moon.

Since it's pretty much no holds barred on the spamming + insanity.

Zak
18th January 2010, 11:29 PM
This thread seems kind of pointless anyway.

Well... doesn't talking about it here kind of defeat the purpose of April Fools? I mean, obviously whatever prank is pulled, pretty much no one is gonna be stupid enough to fall for it because something is expected anyway. But still, if everyone here has a say in what the April Fools prank should be, then who exactly is it "on"? Think about it:

Andrew: Hey let's all come up with the April Fools thing together!!
*everyone submits ideas*
Everyone: This is gonna be the greatest prank evar!!
*April Fools comes around and the thing is implemented*
Everyone: Umm.... (anti-climactic reactions)

While falling for the prank isn't exactly a reality, not knowing what it is is what's been half the fun and then seeing everyone's feedback.

firepokemon
19th January 2010, 02:38 AM
Do what you want. I get fooled every time. I am an April Fools Day Loser. Last year I first thought it was an April Fools then took it seriously and got banned, lol.

kazr
19th January 2010, 03:26 AM
Do what you want. I get fooled every time. I am an April Fools Day Loser. Last year I first thought it was an April Fools then took it seriously and got banned, lol.

April Fools bro, your mom is still alive!

shazza
19th January 2010, 03:33 AM
April Fools bro, your mom is still alive!

... :waycool:

Andrew
19th January 2010, 06:16 AM
So... any ideas yet?

Charles Legend
19th January 2010, 08:28 AM
Well has TPM wver made a fake Pokemon for an April Fools prank before?

~Charles Legend

Andrew
19th January 2010, 03:26 PM
What?

The_Missing_Link
19th January 2010, 04:28 PM
Well has TPM wver made a fake Pokemonfor an April Fools prank before?

~Charles Legend

No, though I think Serebii has done it

Charles Legend
19th January 2010, 07:10 PM
Andrew it's a Pokemon a fan or a fan site makes.

I'm not sure they did TML knowing how up tight Joe, althought they did post PurpleKecleon's fanart of a fake Shaymin sky form.

anyways what I was thinking is mayby make Cerebi Form that looks like an Imp that is is typed as Fire/Psychic and has the power to create illusions.

and then write up a fake report saying that Chelebi is Phantom Ruler Z and caused the destitution of the Brass Tower, and that it well play a big role in the next main series game then say somthing along the lines of this in a press stament an hour ago that Game Freak offically conferms that a third version of HeartGold and SoulSilver are in the final stages of development...

~Charles Legend

Houndoom_Lover
20th January 2010, 04:29 AM
Ban everyone. Happy April Fools!

Ssssh, this plan is foolproofs.

pokemasterfrank
25th January 2010, 03:47 AM
How about make every forum link to Mt. Moon?