PDA

View Full Version : Moves They Should know/Stupid moves they know Vs. 2

Charles Legend
19th January 2010, 09:25 AM
Farfetch'd: Pot Smash and Leek Rush (TCG)

Magikarp: Dragon Rage (TCG)

Dratini Line Recover

Mareep Line: Tail Glow

Lucario:Aura Storm

--------------------

Any pokemon that learns Splash...

~Charls Legend

MeLoVeGhOsTs
19th January 2010, 09:27 AM
Medicham should learn teleport.

Heald
19th January 2010, 09:30 AM
Flareon ought to know Flare Blitz. It has a good ATK but a terrible SPATK.

Blademaster
19th January 2010, 10:43 AM
Poliwag and Gastly can both learn Mega Punch.

...Just... What.

DivineAll
19th January 2010, 03:26 PM
I've always thought that Ditto should learn Mimic... and Copycat.

Pokemaster Ash
19th January 2010, 07:25 PM
I've always wondered why Mew has Transform.

And on a similar tangent, how come some Pokémon can learn things via level or TM, but those same moves CAN'T be passed along via breeding. Seems weird...

And yeah, the Eeveelutions get the shaft a bit on their movepools. I mean, they do get SOME good moves, but there's a lot of stuff they should also be able to rightfully have (like Flareon and Flare Blitz). I suppose there's a reason for the lockdown on Eevee's egg movepool, though. Don't want people making Leafeons with Aqua Jet or something weird like that.

Telume
19th January 2010, 08:06 PM
Mew knowing transform makes sense considering it's status, even if it became a bit dubious after Arceus was introduced.

This is less about moves and more about Abilities but, I find it wierd that Flygon can't get Sand Veil as an abilitiy consdering what its entry says.

I also find it wierd that Froslass doesn't get Shadow Claw considering its a Ghost and it HAS hands.

Houndoom_Lover
20th January 2010, 03:02 AM
Why do Grass Pokemon know Flash :/ Someone tell me how that works, seriously. And Arbok should get on that Posion Fang :024: Unless it learns it in the newest/newer games...I'm sure I can think of more.

Pokemaster Ash
20th January 2010, 06:40 AM
Well Arbok CAN learn Poison Fang, you just have to breed for it. Does make more sense for it to be a regular move, though.

As for Grass-Types learning Flash, I think it does make a little sense. Anyone remember the Solar Flare technique from Dragonball? I think it works a bit on that principle (despite being in a cave, but hey Solarbeam works in caves too).

I think Flygon getting stuck with Levitate is just due to the fact that it's supposed to be able to fly, but has Ground/Dragon for its typing. Sand Veil, among possible other abilities, might suit it better, but since Levitate makes it a pseudo-Flying-Type... Same probably applies to Latios and Latias, who also have Levitate and are Dragon/Psychic (and are always seen flying around).

Ayeun
21st January 2010, 10:04 PM
Diglett - Shadow claw and Aerial ace... HOW?

Houndoom_Lover
22nd January 2010, 01:26 AM
Underneith the ground, it's a horrible monster...

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/230/b/7/Dugtrio_Underneath_the_Surface_by_SaladBowl.jpg

Blademaster
22nd January 2010, 11:09 AM
http://spookydoom.deviantart.com/art/Diglett-99614616

Oslo
22nd January 2010, 05:30 PM
Ponyta's ability to learn Horn Drill via breeding always kind of impressed me.

And it saddens me that Fire types get shafted when it comes to Flash. Especially types like Magmar, which is all but MADE of fire!