PDA

View Full Version : Event reminder: Shiny Pichu

Jeff
30th January 2010, 01:05 PM
Just a reminder, if you live in the U.S., you can pick up a Shiny Pichu for your Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum Version from any participating GameStop from now until Valentine's Day, February 14th. This Shiny Pichu, and only one from this event, will unlock Spiky-Eared Pichu at Ilex Shrine in HeartGold and SoulSilver. In addition to the game, you'll also need a Nintendo DS/DSi and have mystery gift activated on the game.

Houndoom_Lover
30th January 2010, 04:34 PM
Naaanooo! I didn't bring my DS to school! Haha, I'll change that! X3 I'm gunna hafta get it mailed to me. This is rock lobster awesome.

Jeff
30th January 2010, 05:27 PM
I was going to take my brothers to the movies and pick one up today, but our dog was hit by a car yesterday and died, so we really weren't in the mood to go. To make matters worse, it snowed like crazy today, so we wouldn't have been able to get out anyway. Maybe Monday after class.

DarkestLight
30th January 2010, 05:46 PM
Got mine. Its all weird lookin. :o Didnt even check its stats.

Asilynne
30th January 2010, 08:20 PM
Awww Jeff thats horrible T.T I know how hard that must be x.x

Um....this might sound stupid but how do you get the mystery gift? Ive never gotten anything from an event before and Id like to try this out.

Jeff
30th January 2010, 08:35 PM
OK, here's how you do it: Go to the 3rd floor of the Jubilife TV station and talk to the man standing in the yellow-floored area. He'll ask you your opinion on TV, tell him "EVERYONE HAPPY" and answer the second question with "WI-FI CONNECTION".

Asilynne
30th January 2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks Ill definately do that ^-^

Master Rudy
31st January 2010, 12:34 AM
OK, here's how you do it: Go to the 3rd floor of the Jubilife TV station and talk to the man standing in the yellow-floored area. He'll ask you your opinion on TV, tell him "EVERYONE HAPPY" and answer the second question with "WI-FI CONNECTION".

That's half of it Bran. First off after you do the above save ASAP. You don't want to forget to save, go to the event and then find out Mystery Gift is not unlocked. Afterwards it's a matter of going to said event with your DS and your copy of the game. While your in the store simply pick Mystery Gift off of the main menu then pick receive gift, and finally pick via wireless. It's extremely easy and should require no assistance at all from the store employees. As for stores in your area that will be doing this you can go to any stand alone Gamestop (that is one that isn't located inside of a mall) to download the gift/Pokémon. Your best bets would be either the Gainesville store at the Target shopping center or the Manassas store across from your Petsmart.

If this Pichu is anything like Arceus back in November what'll happen is you will get a special card/letter in game. Afterwards you bring it to any Pokémart to receive the Pokémon. DON'T FORGET TO SAVE ONCE YOU PICK IT UP!!! Finally if you plan on getting Gold or Silver for the DS you can transfer Pichu or Arceus to those games to unlock special events in those games. As you only have the one DS Bran it'll be a matter of trading it to Sarah or James and then back to your copy of HG/SS. I personally don't know if evolving that Pichu would affect said event so to be on the safe side I wouldn't evolve it.

There we go......I think that covers everything for anyone who has never done this before ^_~

DarkestLight
31st January 2010, 01:56 AM
go to the event and then find out Mystery Gift is not unlocked.

Now?

Master Rudy
31st January 2010, 02:27 AM
Now?

No typo there. I was saying that she doesn't want to punch in the unlock code for MG, forget to save and then when she gets to the event find out she can't use MG.

Was it really that hard to follow what I was saying? :-/

DarkestLight
31st January 2010, 03:20 AM
It was 3 am when I read that :p My apologies good sir.

Master Rudy
31st January 2010, 03:24 AM
It was 3 am when I read that :p My apologies good sir.

No worries.....just don't let it happen again! :P
lol j/k ^_~

Master Rudy
3rd February 2010, 12:23 AM
Well I got mine tonight. If you guys need proof as to how easy this is to do then try this on for size......I actually went to my local Gamestop at midnight while the store was closed! Just stood outside the main entrance, turned on my DS, went into the game and apparently I was close enough to their Wi-Fi access point.

It's so easy a caveman can do it! :P

Shadow Wolf
3rd February 2010, 08:26 AM
I picked up my shiny Pichu here in PR (Puerto Rico). It seems that Wi-Fi connects the world to pokemon events. The only weird thing is that I already had the Mystery Gift without doing the Jubilife City quiz. Maybe it's because I bought a used game and the erase all data does not erase the Mystery Gift option. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Be sure to pick yours soon! Later!

Jeff
13th February 2010, 12:05 PM
After two snowy weekends, and school being closed all week so I couldn't pick one up after class (which I should have done beforehand in retrospect), the last obstacle came today as I was at the mall.

My heart sunk when I saw GameStop boarded up. Then I read a sign saying that it had temporarily moved. So I went to the spot where it is now, hoping that whatever equipment they were using to distribute it had gone along with them, and thank God it did. After weeks of waiting for a good time to get it, mission finally accomplished!

Lady Vulpix
13th February 2010, 12:07 PM
Congratulations!

If we had those events in Argentina, it might be worth buying the games/console.

Russell123
26th April 2010, 06:42 AM
wow Jeff thanks for your support i know its to late but i try it yesterday .

DarkestLight
26th April 2010, 07:00 AM
o.O I just realized that I never heard of SA events! That's insane, I know so many South American Players...I would think they'd have access to these events as well somehow.

Well, there's GTS...