PDA

View Full Version : Which starters will you choose?

Mr. Brightside
31st January 2010, 03:45 PM
What the tile says.

I am thinking of getting a Chikorita, since i had one in the original Gold. And i won't have to worry of my battery dying now and loosing my Chik.

Though i am not sure which Kanto starter i want to get. I have a dilemma on this one. I like Bulbasaur and he was my initial choice, but for some reason now i want a Squirtle as well. Go figure. I could always trade i guess...

From Hoen i think i'll pick Treecko though Mudkip steals a bit of my attention...and since i have a Turtwig i'll get a Piplup and then get a Turtwig from my Platinum :)

Darth CookieMonster
31st January 2010, 04:20 PM
well you have to trade dppt starters to get any of them anyways...

I am choosing Totodile, Bulbasaur, and Torchic

Blademaster
31st January 2010, 06:03 PM
I never gave Typhlosion or Feraligatr much attention... Probably I'll take the guys I've largely ignored. That'd be Charmander, Totodile, and Treecko.

Jeff
31st January 2010, 09:39 PM
I've had a long-standing tradition of always picking water starters. I have all twelve starters on Diamond anyway, so I might as well stick with that tradition.

DarkestLight
1st February 2010, 06:27 AM
Grass forever. Fire never had THAT big a problem, and well hell, I'm not THAT big a fan of water. Though catching a wild pidgey again on Route 2 has me super excited.

Master Rudy
1st February 2010, 07:14 AM
Hmm.....I already have everything but the Johto starters so I guess the real question for me is what do I pick to trade? XD
When I get my copy of Silver I'm going with Totodile again for old time's sake. As for the others I think I'll be going with Bulbasaur and Torchic to round out the team since for some reason I tend to at least keep one starter on my team at all times.

Link
1st February 2010, 09:04 AM
A fire starter sounds good to me, and I've wanted a fire starter for quite a long time now that can stand up to the Gym leaders and the Elite 4.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
1st February 2010, 10:12 AM
I picked Cyndaquil when I played through it, mainly because I like fire types a lot. Chikorita would have been my second pick. I found her cute in the anime.

mr_pikachu
1st February 2010, 09:01 PM
I picked Cyndaquil when I played through it, mainly because I like fire types a lot. Chikorita would have been my second pick. I found her cute in the anime.

I'm with Alex on this. I typically start with the Fire starter and get either Water or Grass in the parallel version. In GSC, as well as in HG/SS, that means Chikorita.

Telume
2nd February 2010, 12:32 AM
Cyndaquil in one, Totodile in another, probably get the grass starter from a friend of mine and just transfer and breed all the others.

Darth CookieMonster
2nd February 2010, 01:32 PM
The reasoning bhind mine is... I really like Totodile... my favorite johto starter. Then Chikorita.. then Cyndaquil. For the Kanto ones I would normally pick blastoise.. but i am not really feeling the whole two water type thing. So I pick Bulbasaur, only because I want a Blaziken really bad.

Therefor,
Totdile - Bulbasaur - Torchic for my Soulsilver Version

Poryhedron
2nd February 2010, 09:56 PM
I'll probably go with Cyndaquil, for two reasons: I need one for the competitive team I'm building, and breeding the one from Colosseum with a Ditto to try to get one with the right gender and nature and high IVs is proving incredibly annoying; and Cyndaquil made for a very useful HMer in the old days. (Hrm, is Poliwag still going to be catchable early? Cyndaquil + Poliwag was a potent HMer teamup...)
...oh, and it just feels right for the rival to end up with a Feraligatr, just because that thing's so ugly.

As for the Kanto and Hoenn starters, I don't really care since you don't get them until the game's basically over. I don't have a passionate need to train any of them, so unless I want to breed something else and find a Kanto or Hoenn starter to be highly useful in a breeding chain, I'd be willing to get whatever the fewest other people get, to help with catching 'em all.

Charles Legend
2nd February 2010, 11:21 PM
Totodile, Charmander, and Treecko

Although I don't plan to get the last two until after I beat Red.

~Charles Legend

ie1234
8th February 2010, 10:39 AM
i think i will start with totodile because i like once it evolves into feraligator

Knight of Time
13th February 2010, 08:14 PM
Well, if I get one or both games, I'm going with my usual Johto, Kanto, and Hoenn picks, aka Cyndaquil, Squirtle, and Treecko. Just choosing favourites, basically, and besides that, one of each type, lol.

Number1ChanseyFan
15th February 2010, 06:57 PM
I will probably go with my Chikorita, Charmander, and Mudkip, my usual favorites from each game. ^_^

MeLoVeGhOsTs
16th February 2010, 06:08 AM
Totodile, because Croconaw is the secks.

That is all.

Starry Might
4th March 2010, 08:36 AM
:158: Totodile! :158:

As for the other region starters (LOL, spoilers), I'll wait and see. :)

DivineAll
4th March 2010, 12:49 PM
Squirtle, Cyndaquil, and Treecko are my starters of choice. Why? Look at the somewhat order I presented the three in and you can kinda guess who I chose for the fourth generation and for generation 5.

Starry Might
5th March 2010, 09:42 AM
Squirtle, Cyndaquil, and Treecko are my starters of choice. Why? Look at the somewhat order I presented the three in and you can kinda guess who I chose for the fourth generation and for generation 5.
Piplup and whoever Gen 5's Fire-starter is?

CuteLassJigglypuff
13th March 2010, 12:12 PM
I will choose Chikorita as my Johto starter. As for the other starters, I will pick Bulbasaur and Treecko.

Everoy
13th March 2010, 07:31 PM
Probably Cyndaquil, Squirtle, Torchic. Mebbe Treecko instead of Torchic.

Murcielago
14th May 2010, 04:47 PM
I picked Totodile, Charmander, Treecko. Lizardssss :p

tbandhj
14th August 2010, 11:15 AM
ill pick trecko, charmander and cyndiquail

RedRum
23rd June 2013, 05:34 PM
I started with Cyndaquil in Soul Silver which is the only of it's set I currently have. Up until recently I had favored Chikorita for the longest time because it was cute and had actually chosen it in an SS file previous to this which had made it as far as Eckrotek before I regretted it and no longer liked my trainer name. Cyndaquil is the strongest starter.

I have heard that in SS/HG you eventually get to select a Kanto and a Hoenn starter which is what is being discussed here I assume. I have not made it that far but when I do it will be a tough toss up between Squirtle and Bulbasaur from Kanto and in Hoenn Mudkip is the only one I like. Thus I might go ahead and go with Bulbasaur in Kanto so I have one of each type.