PDA

View Full Version : feel good thread of the week

kazr
8th February 2010, 08:54 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8505376.stm

A US soldier has been charged with assault after allegedly waterboarding his four-year-old daughter, police in the state of Washington have said.

Sgt Joshua Tabor dunked the girl's head in a sink full of water for not reciting the alphabet, police in the town of Yelm said.

Waterboarding is an interrogation technique that simulates drowning and has been banned as torture by the US.

Sgt Tabor is a helicopter repairer who served in Iraq from 2007-08.

Yelm police chief Todd Stancil said Sgt Tabor was arrested on 31 January.

Officers were called after Sgt Tabor was seen walking around his neighbourhood holding a Kevlar helmet and threatening to break windows, the police chief added.

The girl was then found hiding in a locked bathroom in the soldier's home, Mr Stancil said on Monday.

Sgt Tabor posted bail of $10,000 (£6,400) on Monday and has been confined to barracks at his base in Washington state.

kazr
8th February 2010, 08:59 PM
hopefully the sun boils the oceans sometime soon so the earth can start over on a species that isn't horrific

shazza
8th February 2010, 09:32 PM
That is absolutely horrific. I hope the courts do justice and give that asshole a much deserved maximum sentence.

RedStarWarrior
8th February 2010, 10:16 PM
Dunking her head in a sink full of water is not water boarding. Faggots need to get their torture techniques straight...

Andrew
8th February 2010, 11:40 PM
It's drowning, not waterboarding.

Master Rudy
9th February 2010, 12:20 AM
It is just me or does this story seem more like it would fit in better with the usual stuff in Misc? With posts like this you kill the point of Mt. Moon :-/

In any case this guy sounds like he's a tad bit unstable.

shazza
9th February 2010, 02:18 AM
I concur about it belonging in Misc.

Telume
9th February 2010, 11:33 AM
It belonging in misc aside:

I guess that dude hasn't yet gone for treatment because of all the stuff you see, I mean you do see some pretty horrific things going on in Iraq.

Heald
9th February 2010, 12:10 PM
Moving it to Misc.

Blademaster
9th February 2010, 10:13 PM
I thought waterboarding was that thing where the person is immobilized and water is dripped onto their head until their brain goes haywire.

kazr
9th February 2010, 10:48 PM
I thought waterboarding was that thing where the person is immobilized and water is dripped onto their head until their brain goes haywire.

Waterboarding is when your lungs are elevated higher than your head, a rag is put over your face and water is poured onto it, filling your nasal canal with water. Your brain goes insane thinking you're drowning and it's apparently a pretty terrifying experience.

Ya he didn't waterboard her but doing something like that to your four year old daughter... :(

Telume
9th February 2010, 11:13 PM
Pretty traumatic. *nodnod*

Gonna need lots and lots of treatment for that little girl that's for sure.

MToolen
11th February 2010, 07:44 AM
Pretty traumatic. *nodnod*

Gonna need lots and lots of treatment for that little girl that's for sure.

That's what I was thinking. I hope she finds the psychological strength to be able to trust anyone not to try and drown her.

This also sucks because I came in not reading the title as sarcastic. Thought I was gonna get a pick-me-up before I ran out the door.