PDA

View Full Version : What the World Needs Now..

shazza
9th February 2010, 08:46 AM
TED2010 starts tomorrow, and the theme is: What the World Needs Now. I find this theme rather illuminating on the mind and very accurate to the present circumstances of the world. I am rather tired (it’s 1.37am here), and will not post more accurate thoughts until tomorrow, but I’ll start the discussions off with this: call me an idealist, but I feel there is a transcendent shift needed – and looming – in humanity. Whether this is a shift in the geopolitics, social or economic transformations, technological revolutions or a combination of all of these – society is soon to change.

Though, I slightly digress - this is a mere foreboding and doesn’t really answer the question at hand: What do you think the world needs now?

I’m not going to answer just yet, as I really don’t know how to answer, but I’d love to hear some intriguing answers and have an insightful discussion.

I suggest when writing your answer, you listen to this; it will inspire you:

tMS2uMUQNnQ

kazr
20th February 2010, 02:23 PM
We need some space invaders to come and fuck our shit up. An outside threat is the only thing that's going to unite humanity, otherwise people are going to still be greedy, selfish, stinking, shitting, bags of meat. It's not really our fault I guess, our genes are kind of responsible for all of that. But if aliens come and we either kick their space faring asses, get obliterated ourselves, or are enslaved to toil in the Xcnsiv mines for the rest of our lives, I think humanity would have to pull together and stop shitting on each other at least for a couple decades.

Every generation thinks they're on the verge of something. Everyone thinks that the apocalypse is right around the corner, or impending doom is just a stones throw away. Welp, we're still here and society hasn't changed all that much. It would be great to see something awesome happen, but I'm partially cynical and mostly apathetic about any great leaps and bounds in human nature.

abunaidesu
20th February 2010, 05:50 PM
IS LOVE
SWEET LOVE

PancaKe
23rd February 2010, 11:39 PM
What is this TED thing you are talking about shaz?

The world needs Jesus :)

and ice cream

MORE ICE CREAM. :D

and less mountains. I'm sick of mountains.

Jeff
24th February 2010, 07:48 AM
LESS SNOW.

For God's sake.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
24th February 2010, 08:51 AM
Fuck jezus.

And his lawyers too!

We need a new found public moral of equality, empathy and rationalism.

And a lot of drugs.