PDA

View Full Version : What do you want in Gen 5?

Jeff
14th February 2010, 07:58 PM
With a new generation on the way, what do you want most from it?

First, backwards compatibility is a must, especially with the last Gen 4 games coming out just a year before them. Enough of this one-way transfer though, they really need to bring back direct trading between generations. Another thing that needs to make a comeback from Gen 2 is having 16 badges. I feel like it might be a possibility with them having just remade Gold and Silver and thus exposing a whole new generation of fans to the idea. The best way to go about doing that would be to allow players to go back and explore Hoenn or Sinnoh. Last, I'd like the ability to ride the bike in gatehouses again. Yes, I realize it was made somewhat unnecessary in Gen 4 when they allowed you to run in buildings, but it's annoying to have to mount the bike again after leaving the gatehouse.

Mike Mysterio
14th February 2010, 08:14 PM
I wanna see a skateboard. Maybe make it like the two bikes from Hoenn, where you have to use one or the other to get to different places. And maybe rollerblades insted of the running shoes.

DivineAll
15th February 2010, 12:38 AM
For me, the number one thing I want is a Dark-Type Gym Leader. Four Generations so far, and they've done every Type for Gyms but Dark. I feel kinda ripped off at that.

Oslo
15th February 2010, 12:58 AM
An evolution for Farfetch'd (and then no more evolutions for the rest of the Gen I critters), an evolution for Luvdisc, some interesting Fire types, a Fire/Grass dual-type Pokemon, a Bug-type legendary (which Giratina so should have been), animated battle sprites, some kind of slight break from the typical formula (gyms, evil team, Elite Four) and a Pokemon based off a lion. It's one of the, like, four animals not to have a Pokemon based off of it... which is totes an exaggeration, but still, gimme a lion Pokemon.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th February 2010, 02:46 AM
I know it's pretty unrealistic but I'd love to see NPC trainers actually move around a bit more, even from town to town. I find it so annoying when they just stand around as if they had nothing better to do than waiting for you to come around. Having them move to a gym, fighting each other etc. would make the game world much more realistic for me.

And generally I want to game world to be bigger. That's something that annoys me in all games (like Zelda). When people talk about some e.g. secret cave with some hideous monster no one's ever seen and you walk for 30 seconds, head around a corner and you're at the entrance to that oh so secret cave. The game world needs to be much bigger!

Blademaster
15th February 2010, 06:34 AM
No way. There were some places in RSE and DPP that were just TOO damn big. And of course they were the annoying places (caves, snowy mountains, water...).

I wanna see more interesting type combinations. DPP didn't give us much aside from Rotom, Torterra, Empoleon, and a few other rarities. You've had 15 years, GameFreak, and not a SINGLE Electric hybrid has come out aside from Magnemite, Rotom, Chinchou, and Zapdos. Make some of these poor bastards part Ground, Fighting, Rock, Fire, anything! Give them a fighting chance for Groudon's sake!

Jeff
15th February 2010, 07:22 AM
An evolution for Farfetch'd

This. I've seen some pretty decent looking Fighting/Flying-type fan mockups for a Farfetch'd evolution. That would also cover the we need new type combos thing.

DarkestLight
15th February 2010, 07:39 AM
An evolution for Farfetch'd (and then no more evolutions for the rest of the Gen I critters)

Denied. Kangaskhan needs a prevo or split evo for male form >> That's the only other Gen 1 critter that needs it.

Everything else, is truth :o. Oh and yea, I dun wanna bike 50 miles to explore 17 dungeon floors to find a Nevermeltice and a goddamn Legendary with a crappy ability again plzkthx >>

Drago
15th February 2010, 07:44 AM
A revolutionary Pokemon game that doesn't just rehash the same tired storyline and conventions they've been doing for the last twelve years?

... :rotfl:

Or at least my goddamn Vulpix pre-evo with one tail. FFS.

homeofmew
15th February 2010, 07:55 AM
honestly more pokemon that have to do with other pokemon would be nice.
make skarmory and farfetch'd not so bad xD.

Mr. Brightside
15th February 2010, 02:47 PM
With a new generation on the way, what do you want most from it?

First, backwards compatibility is a must, especially with the last Gen 4 games coming out just a year before them.

Darn, i was just about to make this topic XDD

Anyway, i agree with backwards compatibility coming back.

I know it's pretty unrealistic but I'd love to see NPC trainers actually move around a bit more, even from town to town.

I couldn't agree more. Sometimes NPC trainers remind me of zombies @_@ gaaaaaaaaaahhh fight me!!!

An evolution for Farfetch'd (and then no more evolutions for the rest of the Gen I critters)

NO.JUST NO! I don't want any other evolutions for Gen 1 Pokemon. Just leave them alone!

Now, what i want is good use of the touch screen, even for Pokemon moves like in Okami and use that bloody microphone to shout the moves! Can you imagine screaming :"Pikachu thundershock!"

Also, they need to reduce the amount of new legends, it is getting a bit ridiculous now.

Oslo
15th February 2010, 03:32 PM
I will grab an oversized leek and fight all you Farefetch'd evolution-haters to the death. ;) A Pokemon only needs an evolution when it's pathetically weak during in-game play. That's why I thought most of the recent Gen I evolutions (Rhyperior, Magmortar) were lame and silly. Not only were they hella fugly, but also Rhydon and Magmar were already strong enough as they were (not so much for competitive play, but definitely in-game). Stats-wise, Rhydon is tied with Golem and Magmortar is on a par with Nidoking. No need to mess with that, and that's why Snorlax, Lapras, Tauros, Kangashkan, etc. should be left alone, too. They rule.

But the fact is, as far as stats go, Farfetch'd is weaker than an Elekid. It's a hair above Buneary. It's the gimpy cousin of the Pokemon world.

Let it evolve and find happiness!

EngiMatikul
15th February 2010, 09:30 PM
Farfetch'd should be replaced with hatchune miku, then evolve into Hatsune Miku, then become top tier.

I think pokemon would do well with the option to become a specialized trainer "class" system along with unique boosts depending on what kind of trainer you are. I always wanted to be a Bug Catcher...

Telume
15th February 2010, 10:28 PM
For me, the number one thing I want is a Dark-Type Gym Leader. Four Generations so far, and they've done every Type for Gyms but Dark. I feel kinda ripped off at that.

Dark Gym Leader AND Elite four, they have more Dark-types now so it's easier to make a full team.

Karen wasn't a "true" Dark-type trainer until the rematches. And if they make the Dark-type Gym any position lower than 6 I am picard palming for the rest of for-ever.

DaBlackBandit
16th February 2010, 02:47 PM
Maybe to be able to get older starters from the other games.

A Scyther pre-evolution

A Lickitung pre-evolution

A Tauros Evolution

A Mr.Mime 3rd evolution

A Zangoose and Seviper evolution

More Dark types

no more normal flying, unless they have 3 evolutions like the pidgey family

Bring back some old Gym Leaders

Team Rocket should return

Battle Esuine

One Shiny in a game, like the Red Gyarados

levels shouldn't be so low of the elite 4

Kurosakura
17th February 2010, 09:49 PM
Character customization, 'nuff said.

PBR customization was alright, but they could've done more with it.

Telume
17th February 2010, 10:38 PM
Screw custominofizations!

I WANT A FULL STADIUM GAME NAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:mad2:

PBR SUX

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th February 2010, 03:50 AM
I want gymleader re-battles. And lots of them.

Heald
18th February 2010, 05:52 AM
The problem is each game is virtually identical in length and format. I'd like a better scaling of levels so the earliest gym is around level 15-20 and the Elite 4 is around 80-90. I'd also like it if they padded out the story as well. It seems more or less all you do between gyms is either go through a cave using a horrible HM-move puzzle or fighting Team Evil. I'd love more side-quests, maybe something like Nugget Bridge but optional, or maybe some kind of item-chain quest like in Zelda.

I'd also like it if they took out some of the incredibly small likelihoods of certain things, such as 1% to find a Chimecho, some infinitesimally small likelihood of getting a shiny, having to throw about 50 ultraballs at every legendary who is down to 1HP and is frozen etc. It's a single-player game; what are they trying to prove by making it incredibly difficult, and not very fun, to do some of the most likely things you'll want to do.

Dark Scizor
20th February 2010, 06:35 AM
GIVE FLAREON FLARE BLITZ

JESUS CHRIST

Mr. Brightside
20th February 2010, 12:36 PM
Maybe to be able to get older starters from the other games.

A Scyther pre-evolution

A Lickitung pre-evolution

A Tauros Evolution

A Mr.Mime 3rd evolution

A Zangoose and Seviper evolution

More Dark types

no more normal flying, unless they have 3 evolutions like the pidgey family

Bring back some old Gym Leaders

Team Rocket should return

Battle Esuine

One Shiny in a game, like the Red Gyarados

levels shouldn't be so low of the elite 4

Ehh..., you can get previous gen starters in HG/SS.

Lol so many bad ideas... No offense meant but nooooo, no, Scyther, Seviper, Zangoose, Tauros, Mr. Mime, Lickitung must remain as they are. I'm tired of people wanting evolutions for every Pokemon in existence <<

The only thing i agree to, is about the E4. The should be stronger.

Character customization, 'nuff said.

PBR customization was alright, but they could've done more with it.

Agrees.

Hmmm.., i think i want a tournament as in the anime

Jeff
21st March 2010, 08:50 PM
So, while scaling Mt. Silver a thought came to me and that's if you need Rock Climb to get up there, how does Red get up there? Do one of his pokemon have Rock Climb, and if not, how did he get there? I came up with the idea that maybe some trainers are allowed to carry extra pokemon outside of their party strictly for HM slave purposes. Then I had the idea that maybe they could add a feature to Gen 5 allowing you to do just that. This "HM slave party" would be separate from your main party so you can't use them in battles, and if all the pokemon in your main party faint, you still white/black/green/whatever out.

Telume
22nd March 2010, 12:55 AM
That would be a good idea, considering Farfetch'd is my perennial HM slave.

I actually just thought of something else....

Co-op double battles. It's annoying to have double battles but you NEVER being able to partner up with anyone else to do double battles. Even if they don't do it in game, they could at least give us the option over Wi-Fi. Though, doing it in-game would be very nice.

Everoy
22nd March 2010, 01:47 AM
More Fire-types plz.

fucker
22nd March 2010, 09:39 AM
I don't want ridiculous looking pokemon..

Also, more puzzling gyms, and harder pokemon..

DivineAll
22nd March 2010, 11:53 AM
I often thought it was kinda odd that your Pokémon gained experience and levels and the opponent's never did unless you ask them for a rematch later on in the game. Maybe in-game leveling for whomever you're fighting? I dunno. Or better yet, do what they do in the anime and have them evolve in the middle of a battle or something along those lines. I'm gettin kinda tired of defeating Magikarp that should've evolved, like, 45 levels ago.

Houndoom_Lover
5th April 2010, 11:48 PM
I want Pokemon Snap Two from Generation five.

Oh, and I guess a pre-evo of Onix...

C~Dub
6th April 2010, 01:47 AM
I'd like to see a calf-like pokemon that evolves into Tauor if male and Miltank if female.

Knight of Time
14th April 2010, 11:24 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking, C~Dub, yeah, a Tauros/Miltank pre-evolution that can evolve into either of the two Pokemon depending on its gender would be great. But there are a couple of things to consider here:

-Tauros doesn't get any breed-on moves, while Miltank can.
-the only move both Tauros and Miltank naturally learn, is Tackle.

Nonetheless, that may be a tough thing to debate on.

Blademaster
15th April 2010, 11:11 AM
I just posted what I'd love to see in Gen 5 in the other BW topic. Too lazy to retype it.

Charles Legend
15th April 2010, 03:37 PM
A long time ago, the Whirl Islands used to be one large island. There were two countries fighting over the island back then. LUGIA, the guardian of the island, got upset and cast lightning bolts to tear the island into four pieces, then disappeared into the deep end of the waterfall basin... I will let you through if you bring the Silver Wing, which is said to have fallen from LUGIA. But the true challenge is whether LUGIA will appear in front of you. What LUGIA has longed for is the invisible trust between people and Pokémon... Or the person who can restore such a relationship...

"I my country go home.
Make Team Rocket I will.
Good-bye! So long!"

What is Interesting is that both those quotes were added to the remakes.

Now what am I getting at I think it's possible that we might be seeing Team Rocket again or maybe just a new team whose leader references the fact you remind him of a kid that beat him three years ago on a bridge after he stole a part to a power plant or something like that. One thing is for sure I don't think ether those quotes or the Sinjoh Ruins are red herrings... ;)

~Charles Legend

papabopp
18th April 2010, 02:58 PM
im to lazy to list any of my ideas for the 5th gen but i do want to mention my distaste for the attrocius mockery of pokemon thought up for the 4th gen games

NO MORE EVOS OR PREVOS FOR POKEMON THAT ARE PERFECTLY FINE AS IS...
.............testicles.....that is all

DarkestLight
18th April 2010, 03:26 PM
I want gymleader re-battles. And lots of them.

Because we already have them in Gen 4? :o La be dah..

Charles, where was that quote stated? I never saw that in the game-the Soulsilver Whirl Island origin one.

Poryhedron
18th April 2010, 11:13 PM
I didn't see it either, but I'll assume the monk on B2 says it if you don't have the Silver Wing yet.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
19th April 2010, 04:03 AM
I knew you could re-challenge gymleaders in Emerald, but they were double battles. Never knew Gen 4 allowed you to re-challenge Gymleaders..

DarkestLight
19th April 2010, 06:41 AM
Yah Gen 4 allows Gym rematches all the time :o. GET GEN 4, POSER!

Charles Legend
19th April 2010, 10:07 AM
Because we already have them in Gen 4? :o La be dah..

Charles, where was that quote stated? I never saw that in the game-the SoulSilver Whirl Island origin one.The monk in the Whirl Island but only if you don't have the Silver Wing yet.

Also I would not mind the Grass starter being based of some sort of prehistoric bird...

~Charles Legend

PancaKe
20th April 2010, 08:34 AM
Less double type pokemon. I just want a flying only, or a water only, not a stupid water pokemon also weak to fighting because it's part ground or something. Sigh!

Blademaster
20th April 2010, 09:52 AM
...Ground isn't weak against Fighting... :sweat:

Drago
4th May 2010, 03:14 AM
That'd be rock. :eng101:

Charles Legend
4th May 2010, 05:43 PM
I think a Pokémon based off of the European Fire-bellied Toad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Fire-bellied_Toad) would be neat,

I'm think a Frog that lives in lava then becomes a frog covered with rocky skin but not all the way so that there could be veins of lava flowing between them.

Another Idea I have had for some time is a legendary trio based off of Mazi (corn) Beans and Squash in other words the the three sisters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Sisters_%28agriculture%29), also their trio master could be Mother Nature (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_nature) herself.

~Charles Legend

Murcielago
13th May 2010, 06:44 PM
I think there should be less legendaries. We already have WAY to many. Unecessary.

Murcielago
24th June 2010, 09:53 AM
New thought, I want pokeblocks back, screw poffins.

PancaKe
4th July 2010, 09:45 AM
I'm bored of them making new pokemon. New game, same pokemon please. Sure, we probably need new pokemon, but it's just ANNOYING having to learn all the new ones. I swear, I still don't know most of them if they're after Gen 2.... :\

Neo
22nd July 2010, 04:16 PM
i want to see some cars in the came. one thing i really dont want to see though is mecha pokemon.