PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day!

mr_pikachu
14th February 2010, 10:58 PM
Well, today was the first Valentine's Day of the new decade. How did you spend it? With a significant other? Looking for one? Or wishing that the holiday would just be over already?

I spent most of the day with my girlfriend, Becky. We exchanged a few presents (she's looking forward to the DS game I got her), ate at a local Italian restaurant, and did a bit of shopping. Now I'm back in my apartment doing some work for classes on Monday, but it's easier coming off a pretty good V-day.

So, tell us about how your day went!

Crystal Mew
15th February 2010, 12:58 AM
I didn't do anything out of the ordinary...I broke up with my bf a couple of months, so I'm single, with no date for vday...although this guy recently lead me on, but decided to give flowers to another girl at work and was her valentine instead. guess he just wanted to kiss me for fun a couple days ago!

/rage. goodnight, and f this day

kazr
15th February 2010, 01:29 AM
I went to sushi and the wolfman saturday night.

Was a good night.

Heald
15th February 2010, 03:48 AM
I spent it with my two true loves: a bottle of whisky and my hand.

It was an average day.

Blademaster
15th February 2010, 06:12 AM
I didn't do shit, but me and Houndoom_Lover are meeting up today for the first time.

Wish me luck...

Jeff
15th February 2010, 07:15 AM
Good luck.

And me? Alone again, naturally.

Other than a Facebook update honoring Singles' Awareness Day, it was just another day for me.

Drago
15th February 2010, 07:49 AM
I gave my girlfriend the overpriced stuffed teddy I bought her. Later that day, while she was at work, I bought myself a stuffed Koopa Troopa, thereby making it the most supremely fantastic Valentine's Day I'd had in my entire life.

Also, a most melancholy happy birthday and god bless to the late Steve McNair. :(

abunaidesu
15th February 2010, 02:24 PM
watched the usual suspects :cool:

Telume
15th February 2010, 10:32 PM
I did nothing special, we're broke so I can't really get anything.

Crystal Mew
15th February 2010, 11:58 PM
I didn't do shit, but me and Houndoom_Lover are meeting up today for the first time.

Wish me luck...

Its about time you did this. Tell us all how it went!!

Blademaster
16th February 2010, 07:21 AM
Aw, jeez... :sweat:

There's not much to tell, really... We toured around her campus a bit, then we had lunch, then we went and just hung out in the lounge together for awhile. We were both pretty nervous... But overall, I had a nice time. I'm hoping she did, too.

Asilynne
16th February 2010, 10:59 AM
Awww thats cute Blade ^v^

Anyway I worked on Valentines day, came home, took a 6 hour nap and when Sarah got off work we hung out at a pub and watched the Olympics and made fun of how stupid valentines day is XD I pretty much didnt get anything but also I dont really care, so it was kind of a neutral day.

abunaidesu
16th February 2010, 10:04 PM
Aw, jeez... :sweat:

There's not much to tell, really... We toured around her campus a bit, then we had lunch, then we went and just hung out in the lounge together for awhile. We were both pretty nervous... But overall, I had a nice time. I'm hoping she did, too.

so does she have a nice ass or what

kainashi
16th February 2010, 10:41 PM
so does she have a nice ass or whatand did she let you touch her boob

Blademaster
17th February 2010, 10:24 AM
so does she have a nice ass or what

Yes. :D

and did she let you touch her boob

And yes, that is all you're getting.

Telume
17th February 2010, 11:31 AM
Nice going Blade, now all this thread needs is for H_L herself to respond. >_>

Heald
17th February 2010, 11:35 AM
That is if she isn't lying in a bodybag in Blade's trunk.

Last Activity: 10th February 2010 04:06 AM

:eek:

BLADE WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Telume
17th February 2010, 03:12 PM
That is if she isn't lying in a bodybag in Blade's trunk.

:eek:

BLADE WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

:police:

THE PO PO'S COMING TO GETCHU BLADE!!

The_Missing_Link
17th February 2010, 03:58 PM
My bf helped me out with my volunteer shift (all he did was read a book and pet the cats) and then we went out to have Chinese. It was a good day

abunaidesu
17th February 2010, 07:38 PM

And yes, that is all you're getting.

That means you didn't get any. ;)

Jeff
17th February 2010, 07:41 PM
And that concludes today's episode of living vicariously through Blademaster.

kazr
17th February 2010, 08:33 PM
one day i too will know the joy and pleasure of touching a woman...

Heald
18th February 2010, 02:09 AM
...with a pulse.

Blademaster
18th February 2010, 11:38 AM
I didn't do anything, damn it! You can't prove shit!

Come on, Houndy, back me up here...! :heh:

Knight of Time
18th February 2010, 11:49 AM
Meh, Valentine's day was just another regular day for me...if I had more interest in women, I'd be feeling better, somewhat. Being single my whole life makes February 14 the most boring day in my life, in fact, the only woman who did something nice for me on that day was...my mother. But, she baked a few sugar cookies with some icing and a few red edible decorations, so the day wasn't a total bore at least.

kazr
18th February 2010, 08:05 PM
Meh, Valentine's day was just another regular day for me...if I had more interest in women, I'd be feeling better, somewhat. Being single my whole life makes February 14 the most boring day in my life, in fact, the only woman who did something nice for me on that day was...my mother. But, she baked a few sugar cookies with some icing and a few red edible decorations, so the day wasn't a total bore at least.

This post made me really depressed :(

Knight of Time
18th February 2010, 08:16 PM
Sorry about that kazr, I just can't help the lonely feeling each time Valentine's day comes, because despite the good stuff from my mom, I still have that feeling of something missing.

Crystal Mew
18th February 2010, 09:46 PM
I don't mean this to be offensive at all, but how come you don't have any interest in women?

your post makes me sad also :(

ryandude713
19th February 2010, 05:03 AM
Sorry about that kazr, I just can't help the lonely feeling each time Valentine's day comes, because despite the good stuff from my mom, I still have that feeling of something missing.

Go hit on women then. Or men, if you're not that into chicks.
Also, try giving out Valentines. It doesn't even have to be to people you like. Hell, you don't even have to do it on Valentines Day. You could give them out randomly, and if people look at you weird, just say it's ironic. Irony is the perfect excuse for doing anything these days.

Knight of Time
19th February 2010, 10:30 AM
ryandude713: I'm staying straight, thank you very much.

Crystal Mew: It's not really that hard to explain, I try to get interested in some women, but when I find out the ones I like most are taken (whether they've gotten engaged or not), it discourages me so badly, that I just cannot approach the majority of them. I thought I lost the shyness I had years ago, but it came back. So basically, I have the fear of finding out someone I like is taken. These days, it seems like it's so hard to find someone who isn't taken, yet that's attractive enough for me. The most attractive women I find seem to be the ones most guys will go for first, it's like the guys are leaving me with only single women who they don't want.

Zak
20th February 2010, 02:32 AM
^Wow, if there ever was a post that made me depressed...

kainashi
20th February 2010, 12:06 PM
i like to think there's someone out there for everyone. you'll find her someday!

kazr
20th February 2010, 02:48 PM
Try lowering your standards a bit.

Here's a pretty pro tip: go out and do stuff and chat up every girl. The mall is a perfect place for this. Don't worry if you look like a creep or a goober, because 1. you'll never see them again and 2. who fucking cares. Even if you have zero interest in them, they have a horse face, or bricks for brains. Practice makes perfect, and it'll just get easier and easier until it ain't no thang. If you don't put the effort in you will not get anything in return.

Also invest in some decent clothing. Dragon shirts and jorts just don't cut it.

One of the best things I ever learned was that boyfriend, girlfriend, fiance, and to an extent, marriage, is just a word. Another one of the best things I learned is that if a girl cheats with you, she will most likely cheat on you :P Note: I don't condone cheating, have never cheated, and definitely not planning on cheating.

Remember that nice guys finish last and that nobody likes an ass hole.

ryandude713
20th February 2010, 03:04 PM
Remember that nice guys finish last and that everybody likes an ass hole.

Edited.

abunaidesu
20th February 2010, 05:51 PM
yet that's attractive enough for me.

Let's see your pic. =)

Just to make it clear, I am not interested in you whatsoever. I just find it highly amusing that you would only consider a potential partner if they were "attractive enough for you" so let's see how attractive you are first

It's hard to find someone up to my standards who isn't already taken... leaving me to choose between the lot of females who have been passed over... grumble... looks are everything...

Crystal Mew
21st February 2010, 01:26 AM
Let's see your pic. =)

Just to make it clear, I am not interested in you whatsoever. I just find it highly amusing that you would only consider a potential partner if they were "attractive enough for you" so let's see how attractive you are first

It's hard to find someone up to my standards who isn't already taken... leaving me to choose between the lot of females who have been passed over... grumble... looks are everything...

I agree, sometimes you really shouldn't be so picky. I have a friend who is 30, and hasn't had a boyfriend for as long as I've known her (7 years) and every guy that she COULD have a chance with, she blows them off. every time. with lame excuses like "oh he's not cute"

um.

there's more to this world than looks, and sometimes people's looks will grow on you once you get to know them. start practicing with all sorts of girls, and who know's what will happen. be confident. and yes, throw away all dragon/wolf/horse/animal shirts, and don't wear hawaiian shirts either. if you ever want to get a girl that is.

Zak
22nd February 2010, 02:41 AM
and yes, throw away all dragon/wolf/horse/animal shirts, and don't wear hawaiian shirts either. if you ever want to get a girl that is.

QFT.

Even though that also kind of is a shallow factor. But yes, you should be wary of that sort of thing. And yeah there is a fine line between being "picky" and being shallow, but even if every girl you know is like that, maybe you should take that into account as well.

I mean, as far as physically attractive traits go, unless you've got a serious handicap, things like that are within your control most of the time. Seriously, I noticed most people who complain about that happen to not be too great at taking care of themselves hygienically when they easily can. I'm not saying you're one of those people KoT, after all I don't know you, just throwing that out there as a possibility.

Shadow Wolf
22nd February 2010, 11:02 AM
I think KoT and I have more in common than just playing hangman.

I really don't know KoT ups and downs, but I agree with him in the fact that we do look for girl whom we believe we could have a chance. We approach them and we begin conversation. But somehow, we learn that the girl is taken or is knowing anyone else.

I don't know his point of view, but I consider myself different from the rest of the guys. (Proved by all the girls I have known, since they've branded me a "weird" person) since I have a different point of view when it comes to this. I don't consider girls as "chicks" (or like they're known here in PR: "gatitas" (kittens)) whom I use "attractive" techniques to conquer them, because I believe that we are human beings with different thoughts and feelings.

However, I find out that almost every girl I have liked likes a guy who is like the rest of the bunch (who say that they are unique but they use the same style of clothing, they listen to the same type of music, they use the same techniques to approach girls... etc). Plus I can add the fact that the romantic series bring an distorsioned meaning of true love. (I know a friend of mine who is a fan of Edward Cullen's romantic style and Jonas Brother's songs, but is not a fan of my romantic poems and quotes. Fantasy and Reality!)

A perfect example is found on Valentine's day: I have to buy a gift or spend time with my lover on that specific day to prove that I love her.

...and what about the other 364 days of the year? I have to be like the others. Buy a gift for February 14th like the others and give it to my gf like the others to prove that I love her, just like every other guy does the same to prove their respectives gfs that they lover them.

I only find two things left to do: I can become like the rest, and use the same techniques like the rest to conquer a girl who is like the rest... or I can be the weird myself and wait for a girl who is herself too and try a relationship of true love.

If someone doesn't love you for who you are (with your wolf shirts, with your calm personality and with your hobby of collecting books) but for who they want you to be (with the baggy jeans that everyone else uses, with the earrings that everyone else has in therir ears, with the "boom box car" that everyone else uses), then that someone will not be with you for long, since your true personality will be revealed after time, and your love will be a pseudo-love focused on what everyone else considers love, and not what you consider it.

I don't know what KoT considers attractive, but I find attractiveness in "uniqueness" and most of the girls I have known are afraid of being themselves. Until I get to know a girl who likes different guys and is not a fan of the romantic love shown on books and movies, I believe that I will have to postpone love for later.

Crystal Mew
22nd February 2010, 11:05 AM
QFT.

Even though that also kind of is a shallow factor. But yes, you should be wary of that sort of thing. And yeah there is a fine line between being "picky" and being shallow, but even if every girl you know is like that, maybe you should take that into account as well.

yes, but I was mainly talking about how someone looks..like their face. It's easier to change your clothes than the shape of your face! lol

Zak
22nd February 2010, 01:52 PM
yes, but I was mainly talking about how someone looks..like their face. It's easier to change your clothes than the shape of your face! lol

Well there's always plastic surgery, but for those who can't afford it there's acne cream, makeup, etc. It would depend what the situation was... unless they had downes's syndrome or something.

abunaidesu
22nd February 2010, 05:13 PM

No one wears hawaiian shirts in San Francisco unless they're a tourist. ;(

Knight of Time
24th February 2010, 10:23 AM
I think I'm fine the way I am, I'd rather not take plastic surgery for a big reason, someone I went to college with told me about one of her previous boyfriends, who looked good to her, but she tells me he was getting the attention of other young women, she told me that she broke up with him because she thought he had a horrible personality. To her, a guy's appearance doesn't matter to her as long as he has a great personality.

That makes me glad, because if I didn't have the good inner qualities, like my sense of humour and great intelligence, I might not stand too good of a chance with women.

But, I guess I should tell you guys I was born with aspergers syndrome, but I've read a book about this guy who also has it, who is married and has himself a family. I guess having aspergers syndrome can make the dating/relationship process harder to get to, you guys agree or not? It's an issue I wish I had some input on.

Blademaster
24th February 2010, 10:54 AM
I think Asperger's is a crutch people lean on, like autism. It CAN be a genuine issue, but more times than not, I see it used as an excuse to do/not do certain things than a serious detrimental medical condition.

Heald
24th February 2010, 12:39 PM
Guys are like restaurants to women.

If they like what they see on the outside, they'll be interested. However, if the service inside is terrible, they won't come back.

Looks get a girl in the first place; your personality is what they stay for.

Also, naturally, with girls, they're like the seats in the restaurants: all the good ones are taken.

Try lowering your standards a little and meet girls who share the same interests as you. That's how I met my girlfriend (not the lowering my standards part, just meeting her at a place of mutual interest). Even if you get nowhere with her, she'll probably introduce you to her friends and that's a gateway.

Gateway girlfriends are awesome. It's like giving a reacharound to a bouncer to get into the club of poon. Just don't get too committed to the gateway girlfriend, otherwise her scorn will put her friends of you for life.

And for that matter absolutely do not say the L word unless you're a hundred per cent sure. That word has caused me a lot of trouble.

Also, Houndoom_Lover STILL hasn't logged in since her hot rendezvous with Blade.

:police:

Blademaster
24th February 2010, 05:55 PM
God-fucking-damn it, fine. I'll link her to this topic when she gets back from her whatever-she's-doing tonight.

ryandude713
25th February 2010, 02:15 AM
throw away all dragon/wolf/horse/animal shirts, and don't wear hawaiian shirts either. if you ever want to get a girl that is.

I would just like to point out that the entire hipster generation of males in America relies on clothing like this to make the most ironic outfits possible. And yes, many of them are getting action. One of my closest friends has a collection of wolf shirts that he wears, and he currently is juggling two girlfriends.