13th December 2002, 04:31 PM
2 on 2
DQ = 1 week
Rest = banned
Recovery = Limited to 1 use

Battle Order = You Choose first, I attack first

Ref = Anyone

Arena = TPM Message Board.

What's that you say? Yes, it takes place on the board itself. Here's the rules.

The battle takes palce as normal in a wide arena. In Round 2 the arena switches to one of (but not all) the forums on the board. Each forum has it's own set of events that may or may not effect battle.

General Discussion - Pokemon fans sit and watch the battle, cheering for each combatent and sometimes throwing food into the arena. Food heals 5% should a pokemon eat it.

Misc. - Similar to General Discussion, but the food here is cheap and tacky. It only heals 3%

Ruby and Sapphire - Wild R/S pokemon run wild here. Powarun may change the weather to Raining, Sunny or start a sandstorm (basic weather effects).

Red, Blue and Yellow - The original 150 pokemon run wild here. The four classic starters feature the most. Bulbasaur's may attack with Razor Leaf, Charmanders with Flame Thrower, Squirtles with Bubble Beam and Pikachu with Thunder Bolt.

Gold, Silver and Crystal - Wild GSC pokemon run loose here. Here, time has no meaning and the time of day may switch between morning, day and night at random. The time effects here effect the battle all the time.

Anime Style Battling - This is the regular arena. If this switches in, then battle takes place in a regular plain arena.

Fanart - Wild Smeargle run loose. They draw everywhere, and their drawings are so life like, they fool the battling pokemon. Watch out, how can you be sure that's not a real Tyranitar?

Role Playing Game - POoemon fans run vast games here. This arena is purely the ref's choice. It can be a vast forest, or a shapeship cargo bay. A haunted ship at sea or even a simple garden. Who knows.

Team Meeting - Only the baddest pokemon go here. Step foot in this terrifying place and you'll face their wrath. Intrusion isn't welcomed, and you'll take a 10% damage warning

The arena stays like this for 2 more rounds, before changing to another forum for the next two rounds, and so forth.

Razola
13th December 2002, 04:51 PM
All I can say is that I must ref this. Please, let me ref!

SR-71 EKFTS
13th December 2002, 05:31 PM
Oh why not, i need a battle. I select for this battle the use of my Dratini, the most versatile pokemon i own as of this moment. Lets do this.

RaZoR LeAf
14th December 2002, 10:56 AM
Sure Raz, no problem.

A Dratini huh? Okay i choose Grizz, my female Teddiursa.

Okay Grizz lets keep it simple for now. Start off with a Double Team, spread yourself out.

Next a Defence Curl, keep your strength up.

Finally, Sunny Day, dry the air out and make it hard on that Moisture loving dragon.

Double team | Defence Curl | Sunny Day

SR-71 EKFTS
14th December 2002, 01:17 PM
Ok, start with a swift and make sure you hit that Teddiursa. Next, since it will be curling up, i know that you can nail hiw with a toxic attack. Fiannly, since you'll have a poisoned and hurt Teddiursa, use a Thunder wave attack, to both paralyse and poison your opponent. It'll be a grand day if you can get both of those off.

Razola
14th December 2002, 02:28 PM
I'm going to tell you how I'm going to decide which part of forum you'll be stuck in. I'm going to take my trusty d20 dice.

Nine forums, so 1-18 will have their own forum (each forum getting 2 numbers on the dice).

19 & 20 will be re-rolls if they come up.

What do you by 10% damage warning? Do fighters take 10% each Round? I need some clarifaction.

Let's ready to partake in a sport that has existed since ****-fights. POKEMON BATTLES!

Razor Leaf is going up against SR-71!

Razor Leaf has chosen the Female Teddiursa, GRIZZ.
SR-71 (you sound like IG-88's brother) is using Dratini. Dratini is going to be considered male until SR-71 tells me what it is. Cause I ain't checking.

Double Team~Defense Curl~Sunny Day
Swift~Toxic~Thunder Wave

ROUND ONE

It's a great day for a battle ladies and gentlemen. The trainers are both present, and their pokemon have already been selected. SR-71, a robotic assassin from the year 3041, has chosen Dratini, whereas his opponent has chosen a female Teddiursa.

Grizz starts things off by creating four extra mirror images of herself. Dratini looks at the five teddiursas before him. He twists his serpetine body round and round, and then unleashes a flurry of stars. Grizz sees the oncoming barrage of energy being sent her way, and reacts by curling up. The attack hits Grizz and her copies, doing a pin-prick of damage to her, but eliminating her cover.

Dratini decides this is the time to strike! He slithers up carefully, and then before Grizz can react, sprays a vile purple mist over the teddy bear. Grizz uncurls in reaction to the venom sinking into her body.

Grizz decides to finish things up for this Round. She looks up at the sky and summons the bright sun. Then she feels her muscales being to ache and spasm.

Dratini has been given a lot of opportunities this round. Shooting several waves of energy at his opponent, he has rendered Grizz in a bad spot.

Suddenly, the arena begins to warp and change around them. What is going on?

end Round One.

STATS FOR ROUND ONE

Pokemon

Grizz: 97% No fatigue Badly Posioned (4% damage next turn) Paralyzed

Dratini 100% Trivial Fatigue Feeling confident.

Arena & Other Info

The Arena is changing! It has become...the Anime Style Battling forum! ...kinda boring, eh? The arena will be unchanged from the way it is.

The Sun is intense. It will die down in four turns.

Here's picture of the Arena:

[attachment deleted by admin]

SR-71 EKFTS
15th December 2002, 08:30 AM
Dratini, use a Safegaurd immidently, then use a Dragon Rage, and finally use a Super SOnic. Confusion could be fun riught now.

RaZoR LeAf
15th December 2002, 12:44 PM
@Raz

I mean take 10% damage at the end, when the arena changes. Like a going away present so to speak.

@Battling

Okay Grizz, while he's wasting his time trying to set up a SafeGuard get in there and use Fire Punch! The sun will heat it up to burning point, get a good hit in.

Next, when he's about to release the Dragon rage, Dig underground to avoid it. Then burrow up and hit him from behind, sneak tactics.

Finally, drown out the Super Sonic with a defeaning Roar.

Fire Punch | Dig | Roar

Razola
15th December 2002, 09:57 PM
Thanks for clarifying. Okay, let's go!

Pre-Round Stats

Grizz: 97% No fatigue Badly Posioned (4% damage next turn) Paralyzed

Dratini 100% Trivial Fatigue Feeling confident.

Just for everyone's information, i use the old' 20 sider for paralysis. If you end up with a 1-5, well...not good. I roll for every action, not just the whole round.

Fire Punch~Dig~Roar
Safeguard~Dragon Rage~Supersonic

ROUND TWO

Straining from multiple ailments, Grizz fires up her fist. She runs at her enemy, who sent up a graceful shield. The attack's force is still felt, but there is less of a burning sensation thanls to the shield.

Dratini spins around and begins to glow a low red. He launches it at Grizz, who prepares to dig to escape the maelstrom of dragon energy. But Grizz's muscles begin to spasm, and before she can react she is caught in the fury of the dragon.

Grizz has had enough already. The posion in her veins, the painful muscle spasms, and now this. It's too much.

She throws her head back and makes a dreadful cry.

Dratini was about to launch a nasty noise of his own, but he decides against it. Maybe this isn't the best time to confront her...

end Round Two.

STATS FOR ROUND TWO

Grizz 83% Trivial Damage Badly Poisoned (8% damage next Round) Paralyzed (25% chance of Spasms) Angry.

Dratini 85% Trivial Fatigue Scared of Grizz. Safeguard is up for three more Rounds. Doesn't seem to have a gender...

Arena & Other Info

I need a gender for Dratini by next round or he'll be male for the rest of the Battle no matter what.

The arena is still in ASB. It will change at the end of next round.

The Sun is intense. It will die down in three Rounds.

Razola
18th December 2002, 01:46 PM
This slipping off to the land of page 3, so I figured I'd issue a reminder to Razor.

You got four days left to post. No hurry, but I don't want battles to become forgotten.

RaZoR LeAf
19th December 2002, 05:38 AM
Sorry didn't realise it was my turn. Getting forgetful.. *smacks self* K. i'm ready.

Right Grizz, your angry, so lets start off with a Frustration. Let out all your anger on the Dratini.

Next a powerful Earthquake, rock dratini's world!

Finally, another Fire Punch. It may not burn, but it'll hurt.

Frustration | Earthquake | Fire Punch

SR-71 EKFTS
19th December 2002, 07:03 PM
Well, Lets start with a good old fashioned Dragon Rage. WHile its using an Earthquake, strike it with an Extreme Speed. Then, while its comming at you with a Fire punch, use a Flamethrower

Dragon Rage, Extreme Speed, Flamethrower.

RaZoR LeAf
17th January 2003, 04:55 PM
I noticed Raz is back, and i guess maybe you forgot about this battle, so i'm bringing it up. EFKTS is away too, but i'd like this battle to keep going and not die in the recesses of darkness that is anything beyond page 4.

Razola
17th January 2003, 08:07 PM
Let's do this

PRE-ROUND

Grizz 83% Trivial Fatigue Badly Poisoned (8% damage next Round) Paralyzed (25% chance of next 3 attacks failing) Angry.

Dratini 85% Trivial Fatigue Scared of Grizz. Safeguard is up for three more Rounds. Doesn't seem to have a gender...

Frustration~Earthquake~Fire Punch
Dragon Rage~Extreme Speed~Flamethrower

ROUND THREE

Grizz is plenty ticked. She rushes at Dratini, even going through the greenish flames coming at her to get at her foe. But at the last second, she freezes up.

Grizz starts twitching and spazzing out. Dratini breathes a sigh of relief. He begins to zip around the bland arena, going left and right, sending Grizz into a confused state.

Suddenly...WHAM right in the back of the head.

Grizz is furious. She throws back her head and roars, stamping the ground and sending shockwaves that rock Dratini's world....literally.

Once again, and other rush is made for the serpent pokemon, as Grizz rushes Dratini with a fist of fire.

Dratini tries to blow flames to stop his foe, but it is to no avail. Grizz emerges from the flames only to...lock up again from the thunder wave.

Dratini grins...at least I think he is.

Grizz's anger is only increased as she feels her body erode from the poison.

end round three.

STATS FOR ROUND THREE

Pokemon

Grizz 55% Low Fatigue No longer paralyzed. Enraged. Very very enraged. Fur singed and several burned on body.

Dratini 75% Trivial Fatigue Feeling very confident and lucky. Now a male.

Other Stuff

The arena changes to...a completey white area. Smeargle are running wild, eager to paint the stadium red...and a number of other colors.

Razola
19th January 2003, 06:09 PM
Razor, your move....

RaZoR LeAf
20th January 2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Raz
Razor, your move....

If EKTES moves actually, but i'm not sure if he's back from being away yet.

Razola
20th January 2003, 02:29 PM
Indeed it is.

My mistake.

Razola
21st January 2003, 12:24 PM
SR-71...three days until DQ.

Tick tock.

Razola
23rd January 2003, 12:40 PM
He has until Friday at 9pm to post his moves.

Then he's DOed.

Razola
24th January 2003, 08:20 PM
SR-71, your time is up.

I declare Razore Leaf the winner due to DQ.

You may choose to evolve or catch a pokemon, RL.

Sorry the battle was cut short, it was a very cool arena.

RaZoR LeAf
25th January 2003, 09:45 AM
Thanks for your reffing Raz. If you like the arena that much, you can use it for your own battles. If your ever asked to choose the arena, you are more than welcome to use this one.