PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Your cellphone?

Telume
16th February 2010, 12:19 AM
I wasn't sure if this belongs in Binary or what so I decided to post it in Misc.

So tell me TPM, what cellphones do you have?

I have a Nokia 6265i and soon changing to a Samsung Finesse.

The_Missing_Link
16th February 2010, 12:35 AM
I have this really cheap Nokia I got from Best Buy for 35 bucks. I'm not really into texting or downloading so it suits my needs; it flips open, has a colored background, and lets me talk to people

abunaidesu
16th February 2010, 01:13 AM
I have an iPhone 3GS.

Completely worth it :)

Weasel Overlord
16th February 2010, 08:00 AM
I have a smexy steel blue coloured Sony Ericsson. Which is... some model. I don't know. But it has slidey function, and walkman-ness, and a urm, 3.2mp camera, so hey. I liiiike it. :D Hoping that it doesn't break for a long time, cos I wanna keep it and its sexiness.

ChobiChibi
16th February 2010, 09:15 AM
iPhone 3GS also 8D Also totally worth it! XD

Take care of yours, Kirst... My last phone was a Sony Ericsson, the outside screen broke within 5 months of having it and only had a 4 month garentee. Mofos... It still works now, though, just... My bro went through 3 of them in a year so gave up and got the iPhone XD

darktyranitar
16th February 2010, 10:24 AM
I possibly have the most oldest type of cellphone (ok, maybe not), which is a Nokia series (some model I do not know), which I've been using for 2 years plus now.

No colour screen, camera, 3G... no nothing, yo

abunaidesu
16th February 2010, 11:39 AM
I possibly have the most oldest type of cellphone (ok, maybe not), which is a Nokia series (some model I do not know), which I've been using for 2 years plus now.

No colour screen, camera, 3G... no nothing, yo

Does it have Snake?

Telume
16th February 2010, 01:13 PM
That's kinda why I wanna trade up my Nokia because even though it's a good phone it's old plus, I like the touch screen phones, they kick ass.

mvtm
16th February 2010, 03:19 PM
I have a few. Here i introduce you: My cellphones.
I'm just about to add a Google Nexus One. :)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2802/4269537371_2886c6fd6b_b.jpg

CuteLassJigglypuff
16th February 2010, 03:56 PM
Mine is a pink Sony Ericsson. I don't know the model but I had it for about 2 years.

darktyranitar
16th February 2010, 05:22 PM
Does it have Snake?

Yeapp

shazza
16th February 2010, 06:28 PM
I have a Nokia N95.

Blademaster
16th February 2010, 08:22 PM
Why in the name of Christ would you have four freaking cell phones?

My cell phone is some black Verizon piece of shit that is impossible to work. It has an annoying ringtone, the buttons are too small, and it can't flip open - you gotta open it manually. And it's too smooth and slick, so I drop it a lot. FMC

Crystal Mew
16th February 2010, 10:40 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/1o1sif.jpg

its pretty cool :) although iphones are pretty awesome...

abunaidesu
16th February 2010, 11:14 PM
we should all have a three way chat with john sometime, sam

shazza
17th February 2010, 01:24 AM
Is it true that an iPhone does not have the capabilities to bluetooth with other phones other than an iPhone?

Telume
17th February 2010, 11:47 AM
I don't think so, Bluetooth is not something exclusive TO the iPhone.

kainashi
17th February 2010, 12:42 PM
we should all have a three way chat with john sometime, sam:hellyeah:

Lady Vulpix
17th February 2010, 12:45 PM
Mine is a Samsung SGH-X486.

http://www.multiphoneweb.com.ar/imagenes/galeria/fotos/51372_samsung-sgh-x486-2.jpg

Ultimate Charizard
17th February 2010, 08:40 PM
Im using a Nokia N-Gage i got about 5 years ago that i won in a contest for being epic at Sonic :)

Ive had 2 Phones since i won that (one of them being over £200 goddammit!) and both have broken to an unuseable state while the N-Gage keeps going. Only fancy thing it has still working is the Bluetooth and the games obviously. The Radio would work but i lost the Nokia only 'double plug' headphones and the memory has corrupted so many times that it doesnt play music anymore. Infact its only the orginal ringtones left.

Magmar
17th February 2010, 09:27 PM
My track phone had snake!
It made it worth having a track phone.
I have the Nokia MusicXpress. It is a PIECE OF SHIT. BUT, my T-mobile contract is UP in June!! I cannot wait for that to end.

I'm definitely either downgrading my plan or putting my boyfriend on this plan to minimize the cost. I seriously don't need a $71/month plan for just my phone, when all I use it for is about 800 texts and 3 hours worth of calls each month.
Plus, T-mobile sucks in general.
No coverage anywhere.

Kurosakura
17th February 2010, 10:27 PM
I don't like T-mobile either. =w=

Anyways, I'm using an LG Xenon; it's got a touch screen and slides off to the right with a QWERTY keypad. :3

Crystal Mew
18th February 2010, 04:57 PM

awesome, lets do it

midnightangel
23rd February 2010, 02:44 AM
I have an I-phone 3G S with 16 gb of memory. The phone rocks--it does almost everything and is what I wanted in a cellphone for a long time. :D

Mr. Brightside
23rd February 2010, 02:27 PM
Nokia 5300. It's pretty good but it has a small memory even with a memory card and i can't have many songs <<

Magmar
1st March 2010, 11:35 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dypsU1Uj6_M/SULzZyR5NrI/AAAAAAAAAno/jAdNhQZJ2qI/s400/Nokia_5610_XpressMusic_Mobile_Phone_Review_Front_C lose_Keypad_Colors_Blue_Red.jpg

And it's a piece of shit!

Telume
2nd March 2010, 01:29 AM
We should like do a TPM mass-conference call.

Lady Vulpix
2nd March 2010, 12:11 PM
We should like do a TPM mass-conference call.

How do you propose to do that?

Mr. Brightside
2nd March 2010, 01:49 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dypsU1Uj6_M/SULzZyR5NrI/AAAAAAAAAno/jAdNhQZJ2qI/s400/Nokia_5610_XpressMusic_Mobile_Phone_Review_Front_C lose_Keypad_Colors_Blue_Red.jpg

And it's a piece of shit!

Lol that looks a lot like mine but that's not it. It's worse XD

Master Rudy
5th March 2010, 05:51 AM
Here's a few pics of mine. It's a simple little Nokia 2660. Nothing too fancy. Serves my purposes quite well. Also take a look at one of the screenshots and let me know if you guys are at all surprised in my choice of wallpaper for my phone :P

Asilynne
17th May 2010, 11:37 PM
I have a motorola clutch i465, it was cheap and I have a cheap unlimited talk/text/web so Im happy ^v^

Katie
17th May 2010, 11:49 PM
Some crappy black flip phone that was free with rebate if I recall. For now I'm on my dad's plan so I'm keeping everything as cheap as I can for him, but when I get booted off that plan I'm going to join the year 2002 and get something with fancy internet-like-type features for the first time ever.

fake edit: I found it! (http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/MOTO-VU204-US-EN)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd May 2010, 02:21 AM
I recently bought a Nokia 6303 classic. It's my third mobile phone ever. I bought it because some of the buttons of my old one stopped working. But perhaps I'll get them repair it for my mother, who has never used a cellphone before!

Telume
22nd May 2010, 02:31 AM
http://hotcellularphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/cellular-south-unveils-samsung-finesse-touchscreen-phone.jpg

^ My current phone.

shazza
22nd May 2010, 02:38 AM
I want a HTC Desire!

abunaidesu
23rd May 2010, 09:21 PM

i don't even remember posting this.

still using my iphone 3gs ^______^

Oslo
24th May 2010, 10:49 PM
I have an LG KEYBO. It's great and all, but who's satisfied with a phone that can only store fifty texts at a time?

Not Oslo is who. :O

Houndoom_Lover
24th May 2010, 11:28 PM
Mine's a dirty whore. In about a month or three, I'll have a legit phone installed so I don't have to hold that tiny piece of cancer to my brain. I demand one that doesn't cost me so much money.

Green Lanturn
10th June 2010, 11:17 PM
I currently posses a silver blackberry pearl flip........and am debating switching to the EVO or awaiting the Verizon iPhone, as ATT has screwed itself over,lol.......not that i dislike the phone, just had it for a while...:)

-GL

abunaidesu
11th June 2010, 05:10 PM
I hope you realize that the iPhone on Verizon will never come into fruition.

ChobiChibi
11th June 2010, 09:49 PM
Is it true that an iPhone does not have the capabilities to bluetooth with other phones other than an iPhone?

A little late... But...

The iPhone's bluetooth doesn't work with anything else. At all. It is used for multiplayer apps and stuff like Bump, but it's primary use is for bluetooth headsets :3

I are still loving mine, just for future reference <3

shazza
2nd August 2010, 11:47 AM
...And the history too.

I got a HTC Desire last week. Suck a dick, iPhone. Prior to that I had a Nokia N95 for over two years. And before that a Nokia 6260 for three years. And some crappy phone in 2001.

Evolution.

Falcon's_Eye
2nd August 2010, 11:52 AM
I've got the Droid Eris by HTC, and I absolutely hate it. Before that I had the EnV2 which had its problems but it was a great phone in my opinion. And before that I had a Razr

The_Missing_Link
2nd August 2010, 12:02 PM
A really simple Nokia flip phone. I bought it for $35 from Best Buy and it suits my needs. My only requirements were that it flips open and that it has a color background

MToolen
2nd August 2010, 12:15 PM
I have an Env3, and it works well for me. It can take a lot of damage (I happen to frequently drop things) and txt, which is about what I need it to do. I currently have Solitaire, Katamari, and SimCity for games.

Lady Vulpix
2nd August 2010, 12:27 PM
I'm still using the same phone as in my previous post, but now I have unlocked it so I can use it in the USA too, whenever I go there.

As for its history, I used to have an old Nokia 5120 and I kept it until the battery stopped working. Then I got this one when we were getting new cell phones for the whole family. That was several years ago, and it still works, so yay!

Ultimate Charizard
2nd August 2010, 12:34 PM
I now work at Phones 4 u. I have a Samsung Galaxy S. Its an Android I-Phone where Apple gets nothing.

That is all.

Telume
2nd August 2010, 12:46 PM
Still using my Samsung Finesse here.

Little_Pikachu
2nd August 2010, 04:07 PM
Mine is a Nokia 6600 Fold in purple. Had it nearly 2 years after I dropped my old on on a concrete floor... It didn't like it.

Looking to get a new one, it'll probably be a smart phone. I'm torn between HTC and iPhone. I have friends with both and they're both very biased. At the moment HTC's are looking better since I would like a phone that I can actually hold and make calls on :D

Ultimate Charizard
2nd August 2010, 05:45 PM
I-Phones are more trouble than theyre worth. Everyones caught them up now and theyre just pushing out upgrade after upgrade. The 4G is already being announced while the IPhone 4 is being released. As soon as you get one your out of date.

Not to mention Apple are complete Asses. We had a guy in today with a fault and Apple completely blanked us. Basically saying 'if its a software fault go on Itunes and reload it yourself, if it turns out to be mechanical we might replace it'.

I-Phones also dont have Memory Cards or Bluetooth (other than to Bluetooth headsets) or even custom Ringtones (other than the pre-loaded ones) due to 'copyright issues' meaning they dont want to give you any way to get music/photos/movies or any other conceivable media on or off the machine that didnt come via I-Tunes. Oh and you need to sign upto I-tunes and plug the phone in before you can even use it.

If your looking at Smart Phones comparable to the I-Phone you want to be looking at....:

Samsung Galaxy-S
I have one of these, love it and know a little more about it than the other options. Its slightly larger than the IPhone but does pretty much the same. It doesnt run on Apple Ap's so your not going to get licensed things like Street Fighter on your phone but it runs on Android which means fast internet and open sourced Ap's meaning many more versions of the usefull little Ap's and most are free. 5mp Camera which takes pics, records vids and plays back in HD (no flash though). 8gig memory as standard with a slot to add 32gig.
http://pocketnow.com/html/portal/news/0000009876//galaxy%20s.jpg

Sony Ericson X10
I dont know as much about this but it looks solid. It looks huge but really its not that big. Its actually smaller than the Galaxy. Does most things you'd expect from an Smart-Phone though because it does so much it does suck batteries dry. Its also starting to get a little dated as SE have released the Mini version which is the same just shrunk down with less toys and the Mini Pro which is the same as the Mini but with a flip out Querty keypad. All 3 are also on the Android OS.
http://www.wirefresh.com/images/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-4.jpg

HTC (anything really)
We dont stock many of those so i couldnt tell you much im afraid other than theyre also an Android based phone that do alot of the same things....*shrug*

Theres also a new Nokia one just on the Horizon which looks pretty snazzy too. Havent seen too much other than a brief spec list but its easily comparable to the I-Phone 4.

If you are stuck on an I-Phone though, dont be afraid to go a step down. The 3GS is now coming with the I-Phone 4 software installed so other than the look and a slightly lower quality Camera youve got the same phone for a much lower price. (£35/£40 a month with the 3GS free or £45 a month minimum with £30 to pay upfront for the handset on the 4). Also take into account the technical faults on the 4. The design flaw that means if you hold it a certain way you bridge the aerial and cut out all signal. They have 'fixed' this by sending a free rubber case to everyone on the I-Phone 4 but its still shoddy in my opinion.

DarkestLight
2nd August 2010, 06:02 PM
I'm rocking a Samsung Rogue. Before that I rocked the Flipshot-I love that phone. I demand a Flipshot 2 with a 10 MP camera.

I did crack the screen of my Rogue, but it seems to work better than ever. Still full functionality, its a really well built phone. Screw Apple. Only my Ipod. Now and forever.

Telume
2nd August 2010, 07:08 PM
I'm rocking a Samsung Rogue. Before that I rocked the Flipshot-I love that phone. I demand a Flipshot 2 with a 10 MP camera.

I did crack the screen of my Rogue, but it seems to work better than ever. Still full functionality, its a really well built phone. Screw Apple. Only my Ipod. Now and forever.

Samsung phones are really good, my only complaint with my Samsung phone really is the battery life. Every phone I've had from them dies really quick, upside is that it rechargest REALLY fast.

ChobiChibi
2nd August 2010, 07:55 PM
There are ways of getting around these copyright issues on the iPhone, Gav. Ringtones and stuff. There's an app/computer program that converts MP3's to Ringtones, apparently. Or tricks the phone into thinking they're ringtones. My friend has it, but it sounded dodgey so I didn't get it...

I'm totally with you on the whole 3GS with OS4 though. Mine runs faster, looks prettier and generally seems to function better. Only downside is lack of the HD apps, but by the time my contract runs out, a new iPhone will be out... lol

I still <3 my little iPhone. No faults or anything and I've had it nearly a year :3

abunaidesu
10th August 2010, 04:13 PM
I recently switched to a Blackberry Bold 9700. The constant crashing of my iPhone when I depend on e-mails and Google Calendar for work and school began pissing me off and it took all my willpower not to throw the thing at the wall.

I don't regret the change a bit, the BB's keyboard is a pleasure to type on and I haven't had issues with my reception dying halfway through sending an e-mail.

Bear
11th August 2010, 03:57 PM
Samsung Omnia II. Always have used Samsung and their phones are amazing. I have a blackberry for work though and it's great too.

RedStarWarrior
11th August 2010, 08:51 PM
iPhone 4, and I've never had a problem with my signal strength.