PDA

View Full Version : Some new info on the DS successor

Charles Legend
17th February 2010, 02:11 AM
The newest rumors on the Nintendo front claim that industry officials are reporting that development kits for the successor to the Nintendo DS, known colloquially by fans as the "DS2", have been distributed to several studios. Details such as the console's formal name and specs are as of yet unknown, but it seems that Nintendo is planning for a late 2010 or early 2011 launch.

Supposedly, The Pokémon Company is one of the first firms to be working on the device. An insider from gaming site CVG states the following:

It's genuinely the best thing I think I've ever worked with. I can tell you that it's got a 'tilt' function that's not dissimilar to iPhone, but does a lot more. We know that The Pokémon Company are getting special attention with it.

This rumor comes with Nintendo's Q1 Media Summit in San Francisco just a week away, as well as the 2010 Game Developers' Conference just around the corner. A formal announcement of some sort is expected soon.

While the Rumor of a DS successor been floating around for a while It dose make Sense that a DS successor is on it's way.

Also could The Pokémon Company are getting special attention with it be do to the fifth gen just a though? Hum it could be a possibility and if it's true the fifth gen may turn out to be lunch titles or close to it anyways.

~Charles Legend

Jeff
17th February 2010, 07:43 AM
It seems to be pointing that way. The only thing that doesn't make sense is that a 2010/2011 release would put it a mere 2 years after the launch of the DSi, making the DSi the shortest-lived Nintendo handheld (not including simple redesigns such as the DS lite). Also, it's already been mentioned that the Gen 5 games will be on DS, then again, that could just mean that the so-called "DS successor" will also be branded as a Nintendo DS model.

Blademaster
17th February 2010, 10:36 AM
If this thing is the DSi Lite, I'm gonna be pissed. Now I have TWO handhelds to waste my money on? DAMN YOU NINTENDO!!! :mad2:

Link
17th February 2010, 10:46 AM
This sounds sweet. But, ugh, I think they should have it at a good price for people to buy it at, instead of upping the price over $200.00 or more.

Telume
17th February 2010, 11:23 AM
It saves me having to waste money on a DSi.

Mr. Brightside
20th February 2010, 12:28 PM
Maybe IGN will shut up now! I'm so tired of all those "Apple rules, DS drools" articles <<

"it's got a 'tilt' function that's not dissimilar to iPhone, but does a lot more.' Of course after this they will be like "DS copies i-phone blah blah blah..."

Ultimate Charizard
22nd February 2010, 06:45 PM
They are releasing the Dsi XL which is basically a DSI with bigger screens.

Havent heard of another successor yet.