PDA

View Full Version : Dunlake Mansion Saferoom

Weasel Overlord
18th February 2010, 12:48 PM
Dunlake Mansion Saferoom

Welcome to the Lounge and general information topic for the RPG Project Dunlake. In here, you will find a comprehensive list of Things You Might Need to Know, a playtest example of the new RPG type “choose your path” (boy, I really need a new name for that... CYP, perhaps?). It will also serve as a place where you can discuss your next actions out of character (or in character if you want to).

Feel free to use it for some non-RPG roleplaying – the Saferoom acts as your... well... save room. Nothing will attack you here, so you can relax and talk among yourselves. This means that if you really must have some character development, here's the place to do it. ^_^

Information on the monsters you will be encountering will be put up in a file in here, as and when you encounter each one.

Of course, the information in the Encyclopaedia is not necessary for you to play the RPG. It's just a list of things that could come in handy, and stuff that I think is interesting. Each section will have a link to the Resident Evil wiki at the end of it, should you want to read up in more detail.

Resident Evil Encyclopaedia

Files: Files are the way you will be receiving key plot points within the RPG, as well as things that will tell you random titbits of information that may or may not be important. You would be advised not to throw away any files or notes – you never know when they might come in handy.

Umbrella Corporation: The company was set up as a front for the development of the Progenitor virus. Umbrella's employees worked on different strains of the virus, performing experiments to create new kinds from Progenitor, leading to the creation of the T-virus, the discovery of the G-virus. Resiwiki entry: here (http://residentevil.wikia.com/Umbrella).

Progenitor Virus: A virus found in a special kind of plant, originating in Africa. Research into the virus created various other strains: T-Virus, G-Virus, T-Veronica. The Progenitor is classed as the “mother virus.” Resiwiki entry: here (http://residentevil.wikia.com/Progenitor_virus).

T-Virus: Otherwise known as the Tyrant-virus – T-virus is a virulent strain, created with the intention of creating superhuman soldiers, or B.O.W.s (Bio-Organic Weapons). People infected with T become the archytypical zombie – shuffling, necrosis of the skin, no higher brain functions. T is transmitted via bites, touch, injection or ingestion of the virus. Resiwiki entry: here (http://residentevil.wikia.com/T-virus).

G-Virus: A highly advanced strain of Progenitor. A person infected with G will never stop mutating, so fast is the virus' replication rate. They gain ever more drastic mutations when injured, and become more and more hideous in appearance. G is transmitted by the infected implanting a parasitic organism in a host body. The parasitic embryo will grow rapidly (in a space of hours), and spring from the chest of the host, mutating into a fully-grown, adult form. Resiwiki entry: here (http://residentevil.wikia.com/G-virus).

T-Veronica: Created by the Ashford family, Veronica is a strain of Progenitor, as all the others are. Under the correct conditions, an infected person can keep a hold of their mental capacities, and retain full intellectual capabilities. Veronica is only transmitted by direct injection, and it needs a gestation period to allow the body to full adapt (Alexia Ashford calculated this at 15 years, and when she awoke from her sleep, she did indeed retain full mental capacity, even in her later mutated forms). Resiwiki entry: here (http://residentevil.wikia.com/T-Veronica).

Las Plagas: A parasite used by the Los Illuminados cult, in Spain. Victims of the Plaga become stronger, and able to work together towards a goal. The parasite attaches itself to the central nervous system, and controls the host via a Master Plaga. They have a high adaptability rate, and generally, they have no physical mutation effects on their hosts.
Resiwiki entry: here (http://residentevil.wikia.com/Las_plagas).

STARS: The Special Tactics and Rescue Service. An elite special ops team, originally formed by Umbrella Corporation and lead by Albert Wesker, in an effort to combat increasing terrorism and violence. In Resident Evil 1, the STARS teams were deployed to investigate Arklay mountains, during which time Alpha team lost contact with Bravo team, and a series of events led to many deaths – all of which were orchestrated by Captain Albert Wesker, as a way of gathering data on the B.O.W.s.
STARS was disbanded after calling for an investigation into Umbrella, by the police chief Brian Irons, who was secretly on Umbrella's payroll.
Nineteen years later, STARS have been reformed in an effort to combat the increasing numbers of kidnappings linked to rumours of B.O.W. Activity.
Resiwiki entry: here (http://residentevil.wikia.com/Stars).

CYP Playtest Example

DM Post
- STARS group, you have found yourselves at a crossroads. There are three corridors – one straight ahead, one to the left and one to the right. Which way do you want to go?

- Survivors group, the door you just opened lead you into a green-decorated room, with a wall of glass on one side. There is blood smeared down one wall, and alarming gashes in the ceiling and floor. What would you like to do?

STARS group post
You guys would then RP among yourselves, and decide which way you want to go. You can ask the DM for more information about certain paths if you want. When you come to your decision, state it at the end of one post clearly.
We choose to go straight on.

Survivors group post
Same goes for you guys, only your choices are not so clear. Those among you with good hearing capabilities may hear something, and anyone with good eyesight may pick up some evidence of whatever creature made those marks. Examine the room as you will, RP among yourselves, then state what you'd like to do at the end of a post, as in the STARS example.
We would like to examine the blood stains and the gouges. One of us will investigate the glass, and another will check out the rest of the room.

DM post
- STARS group, you chose to go straight forward. One of you hears a scream from the end of the corridor, and suddenly a huge shape blots out the small amount of light provided by your torches. It is a Tyrant! You may fight it, or leg it back the way you came to choose another corridor.

-Survivors group, the blood is fresh and wet, and the gouges are large, as if made by a wild animal. As you investigate the glass, there is a scratching noise, and then a loud click. One of you must have stood on the sensor pad in the corner, because the ceiling is dropping down, albeit slowly.

As you can see, there are many options. My posts will be as detailed or as sparse as you want them to be.

Urr I think that's all for now. More stuff will be added in here later.

Crystal Tears
22nd March 2010, 03:40 PM
Well seeing as it's started and no one had posted anything, I'll jump on it...

STARS

Okay so, she revealed the hall and the doors (+ staircase), but which way do we want to take (we do have to check if they're unlocked and shit, but further plans would be great)?

Queerly enough, a single, tall table stands next to the staircase, topped with an old-fashioned typewriter. There are a total of three doors in the Main Hall. One to the left, and two to the right, and you can see that the main staircase branches off to the left and right at the top.

Any ideas?

VirtualPlay
22nd March 2010, 04:20 PM
It's a typewriter, save game!!

…lol.

Anyway, being serious (hah!), we should at least take a look at the typewriter, seeing as it's somewhat out of place. (Seriously, why would anyone leave an old-fashioned typewriter out in places they won't be used? That always confuses me…) If there's really nothing to note about it, I suggest trying the single door in the main hall first, because there will probably be a larger room on the other side of it. If it's locked try clockwise around the room until we find an unlocked door.

Crystal Tears
22nd March 2010, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of checking out the typewriter too. It's a really kinda weird that it's there, but maybe someone's just trying to mess with us.

Lolz, I wonder who that could be? ¬¬

ChobiChibi
22nd March 2010, 05:06 PM
Hey survivors! Me and Ben were talking, but didn't decide what to do. Firstly, I think we should scope out our surroundings, try find some items before we move on. Somehow I doubt any clothes would be in here, since there's only cells, but there's no harm in looking.

Mystic_clown
22nd March 2010, 07:31 PM
I agree with Bex. Check out the place for any items (as well as checking out that window) before moving on.

Unbraced
22nd March 2010, 08:47 PM
Sounds good. I'm with you guys.

Everoy
23rd March 2010, 03:36 AM
STARS peoplez:

I think having one person check the typewriter out is a good idea, and we need to decide where to go from there - door to the left, one of the doors to the right, or one of the branches at the top of the staircase. I feel particularly drawn to the staircase.

VirtualPlay
23rd March 2010, 06:13 AM
STARS

First off, I propose we start our posts with a bolded title like I did so it's easy for us to catch each others' posts. Second, if only one of us is checking the typewriter, we should decide which one. Jeremy would probably tell Ven to do it because of her quick reaction and (over-)willingness to shoot if something sprang out.

As we've already mentioned, both Ven and Jeremy would want to move towards the single door next. My suggestion: If Roy posts that David wants to go upstairs, I say we should split up, with David/Evan going upstairs and Jeremy/Ven going through the single door (if possible); more groups means more ground covered. If David doesn't want to go upstairs (or Roy doesn't post his vote) we go through the door(s) downstairs as a group.

darktyranitar
23rd March 2010, 09:26 AM
OK survivors guys (and gal), who'd be out to check out the window? Jason is more inclined to check that out, tho he won't really do it unless he's asked (or pushed).

Crystal Tears
23rd March 2010, 10:37 AM
STARS

Alright, well, I'll check out the typewriter then. Lol if no one minds. I'm up for either plan (door vs staircase), though I'm kinda apprehensive about splitting up, as long as we stay in pairs it should be fine. So we just have to wait to see what Roy says...

How long are we waiting before we just go with it? XD

Weasel Overlord
23rd March 2010, 10:58 AM
Hay all! I heartily approve of this discussion, this is how you will manage to NOT DIE *goes off, cackling*

One thing that I've just finalised: ammo. Each STARS member chose a gun (and some sexy-ass ones we have, at that *pets Beretta and Taurus*) when you signed up, and of course, each gun can only hold a certain amount of bullets or shells. The number for each gun is the number you will be carrying with you, when you entered the Mansion, plus a set amount of extra clips in your belt-packs. I will be counting how many shots you take when you fight something, and the number will be deducted from your total ammunition. Never fear, you won't be ammo-less (all the time mwahaha), some of the chests contain ammunition as you go through the house. It's always a good idea to pick it up, if you have item space, just in case you need it later on. You never know!

You may ask why you're all only packing one extra magazine of rounds. To which I will answer: ASK CAPCOM. STARS are badass, you therefore do not need more. XD

Okay, so onto the list of the guns! I'll edit this list in to the master post at the beginning of this thread, so I can keep a tab on how many rounds you've all got. Information such as this will be released over the due course of the RPG, such as how fights will occur and whatnot.

David Warner: SIG Sauer P220
10 Round Magazine, Semi-Automatic
20 Rounds altogether - 10 loaded, one magazine packing

Vanessa Strong: Taurus PT92
17 Round Magazine, Semi-Automatic
34 Rounds altogether - 17 loaded, one magazine packing

Jeremy Rush: NeoStead 2000
12 Gauge (6+6), Pump-action Shotgun
24 Rounds altogether - 12 loaded, 6 in each, one magazine packing

Evan Rossi: Beretta 92FS
15 Round Magazine, Semi-Automatic
30 Rounds altogether - 15 loaded, one magazine packing

Unbraced
23rd March 2010, 07:33 PM
STARS

Alright, well, I'll check out the typewriter then. Lol if no one minds. I'm up for either plan (door vs staircase), though I'm kinda apprehensive about splitting up, as long as we stay in pairs it should be fine. So we just have to wait to see what Roy says...

Marcus (my char) will do it, if just to prove himself to the others.

Mystic_clown
23rd March 2010, 07:39 PM
OK survivors guys (and gal), who'd be out to check out the window? Jason is more inclined to check that out, tho he won't really do it unless he's asked (or pushed).

Lafitte would be glad to check out the window.

Roy Karrde
23rd March 2010, 07:44 PM
STARS

STARS

Gah I thought this topic was just a lounge topic to talk about the RPG! Shows how little I know!

I am perfectly fine with letting Crystal go on and check out the typewriter.

David can go upstairs which is fine with me.

VirtualPlay
23rd March 2010, 07:46 PM
Unbraced, The STARS and the survivors are at different locations within the facility, so there is no interaction between the two groups. Unless you misquoted CT and meant to quote DT, in which case it makes perfect sense.

Unbraced
23rd March 2010, 09:47 PM
you got me. I won't edit it, so if someone sees this I'll look like the idiot and not you.

And I'm Lazy

Crystal Tears
23rd March 2010, 09:55 PM
STARS

Alright, well we got a solid plan then?

Mike and I take the door if its open, and Roy and Everoy take the staircase? if the door doesn't open we take the stairs with them? Or are we checking all the doors?

I like my first task: check the typewriter. It's simple. :3

VirtualPlay
24th March 2010, 05:54 AM
STARS

I say we wait until we see if the door's unlocked or not. We've already got two actions lined up to go, and only because it's fairly unlikely anything major is going to happen with the typewriter. I say we RP to the typewriter, see what happens, then split up if nothing does and plan from there.

Sie, since you're going at the typewriter, you should post first. If you haven't posted and aren't online by the time I get on later today, I'll get a post out since it's not exactly major decisions right now.

Weasel Overlord
24th March 2010, 07:16 PM
IMPORTANT POST, PLX READ

Okay, I figured I'd clarify some shizzles. In the signup topic I said that I'd put the life of anyone who didn't post before me in danger. This is true. What I expect is this:

If you've decided to split up into groups, I want at least one post from each group before I post with the consequences.

If you're doing a single action on your own which will affect what the rest of you do next, I will post after that so you can carry on. BUT you must state that you want to see the consequence of that action before you carry on.

The maximum time I will wait for a post from someone who needs to post is FIVE DAYS. If, after five days, a person has not posted when they should have, they will immediately be subjected to instant and very painful death. Their weapons may not be salvageable, and you may lose important items in the process, so it is in everyone's best interests to not let this happen. (If, in this case, you die and then want back in, you can be a survivor player. Just pm me.)

In the scenario we are seeing now: STARS team, I will post for the typewriter action (tomorrow, it's late now), since you stated that you would wait to find out what happened before splitting off. Then I want a post from each group who splits, after which I will post again, telling you the results.

Survivors: similar jig. Whoever is checking the window needs to post that they are doing so, and I want at least one post scouting the area for useful things before I reply.

Unbraced
24th March 2010, 07:38 PM
Mystic, you can examine the window. You'll do our first post better justice than me.

Mystic_clown
25th March 2010, 04:19 PM
Ok, since the door's locked, we'd need something to smash the window. Could there be anything in the other cells?

VirtualPlay
26th March 2010, 06:28 AM
STARS

Alright, so pretty much as we expected, nothing super-special about the typewriter, but we know that we're probably going to be dealing with this LP2 in the near future. (I'm assuming that we would have knowledge of the LP1 strain.) Still, we're STARS, so we're trained to handle it.

Since Evan is eager to go upstairs and David is alright with splitting with him, we should split up, Ven and Jeremy trying the doors downstairs (starting with the single door) while David and Evan go upstairs. This means that either Sie or I need to post AND either Evory or Roy need to post before we can continue. It would be best if we can ALL post, but if any of you thinks you can't get a good post out then let your partner know.

Soon as I get some sleep I'll start working on mine, so let me know if you've got a post idea, Sie.

Crystal Tears
26th March 2010, 07:36 AM
STARS

I don't have a plan really, I was going to post just showing interest in the lone door. If you can post before me, by all means go for it.

Should we keep the piece of paper though? I don't see it taking up a lot of space, maybe it'll come in handy? lol.

darktyranitar
26th March 2010, 09:55 AM
Ok, since the door's locked, we'd need something to smash the window. Could there be anything in the other cells?

We're barefooted, yeah? If not, we could use a shoe (or two) to break that window open...

I guess Jason could check out for those items, if no one else is up for it

Mystic_clown
26th March 2010, 05:07 PM
I believe all we're wearing are the hospital gowns, so we'll have to find something.

If not we could always try to break the door down.

VirtualPlay
26th March 2010, 07:31 PM
STARS

Yeah, keeping the paper would be a good idea, although if the ink is still wet we might want to let it dry a bit. Of course, the fact that its wet means one of two things: either it was recently typed and someone was just there, or there's something weird going on that the ink takes forever to dry (weird atmosphere, weird ink, etc.).

I'll see what I can type up, but I had a rough time at work last night so I slept extra long to make up for it (I only got up about an hour ago) and I'm still feeling annoyed at what went on (total disorganization…) so I'm not in the best of writing moods either.

darktyranitar
26th March 2010, 09:21 PM
@Ben: Ah, I haven't thought of breaking the door. Guess that could work too.

Roy Karrde
26th March 2010, 10:12 PM
Alright I will be posting first thing in the morning, unless you have something in mind Evory

Unbraced
26th March 2010, 10:34 PM
I'm good with breaking down the door. We could all slam on it a once.

darktyranitar
26th March 2010, 11:14 PM
Ok, so what'll it be? Look for those items, or we all break the door down?

I'd go for those items first, 'cause who knows if there's anything behind the door?

Unbraced
26th March 2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah, let's grad some items first.

Mystic_clown
27th March 2010, 02:43 AM
Ok, let's look around for some items first, and then break the door down/smash the window, depending on what we find.

Unbraced
27th March 2010, 10:19 AM
Sounds Good! Who wants to post?

darktyranitar
27th March 2010, 10:24 AM
Jason could do the job of scouting for stuff (and announcing the find, of course)

I haven't heard anything from Becki, tho: whaddaya think, Bex?

Weasel Overlord
27th March 2010, 02:47 PM
Hay guys, a few things.

1) Notes, Files and information pieces take up none of your item slots. I should have mentioned this before, but it slipped my mind.

2) STARS knowledge before the Mansion is all the stuff I put in the first topic. So yes, you know about Las Plagas, but before the first note, you weren't aware that there was a second, altered strain.

3) Survivors, I will be needing a post from you as soon as you can. Time's a ticking. I understand that you want to check it's all okay with everyone first, but really, there's no need to wait for every single person to talk in here.

Thanks all! Time for me to return to my scheduled port drinking and cake eating and Peep Show watching. <3

Unbraced
27th March 2010, 07:53 PM
Jason could do the job of scouting for stuff (and announcing the find, of course)

I haven't heard anything from Becki, tho: whaddaya think, Bex?

If you can look around, I'll make a post about breaking down the door.

darktyranitar
27th March 2010, 08:15 PM
@Unbraced: OK then. Post a-coming...

Unbraced
27th March 2010, 09:58 PM
Survivors, Dark and I have posted

darktyranitar
27th March 2010, 10:11 PM
I don't think it's necessary to post to say that we have posted, bro :3

Everoy
28th March 2010, 01:43 AM
I'll post after the next update.

Weasel Overlord
6th April 2010, 01:59 PM
Important Post Time!

Thing the 1st - Warnings

- You can have up to 3 warnings from me, and if you get a 4th, you will be killed off. No exceptions. These are given for; not stating your actions at the end of your post (my job is not to read through and try and decipher what you're doing), if another person brings a grievance to me, not following the rules stated in the RPG, and that's about it, really. Not much else, tbh.

Thing the 2nd - Health!

- Ahah, I hear you cry. Health! Yes indeedy. You each start off with FIFTY (50) hit points, or HP (or Healths). When you take damage, I will knock HP off your total. When you use a healing item, I will add HP back on to your total. When you reach ZERO (0), you are dead. Your totals will be in the first post, same as your bullet totals and your character's status.
- If you go below ZERO (0) - this can happen if you are killed by a particularly nasty attack - you will become UNDEAD, where you will count as being infected by the attack. Depending on what attacked you will determine what you turn into. :D
- Health loss will be in red; Health gain in green.
- A STARS team member will initially take less damage from an attack, because of the simple fact that they are wearing body armour. If the Survivors find and put on body armour, this damage reduction will apply to whoever is wearing it. Simple!

Crystal Tears
6th April 2010, 09:42 PM
D: Mike you're not on! Bum!

STARS 1

Vanessa and Jeremy partner off to the left side of the Hall. The door lies underneath the balcony on the first floor, just past where the large staircase begins. The wallpaper covering the walls is luridly patterned like a throwback to the sixties, and the door has four long panels and an ornate, round doorknob. Vanessa reaches out and tries the doorknob cautiously. It gives beneath her hand, turning smoothly, and the door swings out and away from her as she lets go of the knob. It's unlocked!

Not that it isn't obvious but I'm for going through the door. Lol, but this time you make the post. XD Unless you outright object to this notion.

VirtualPlay
7th April 2010, 07:13 AM
D: Mike you're not on! Bum!

Well excuse me for working third shift. =\

STARS 1

I do agree that we should go through the door, however I'm not sure whether or not we've noticed the thump of the body from the STARS 2 group. I would like to hold off posting until I've learned whether the body (or the STARS 2 group) made enough noise for us to notice. If we didn't notice then yes, go through the door. If we did notice, I'd like to call out and inquire what the noise was.

*pesters Kirst for an answer*

Weasel Overlord
7th April 2010, 10:51 AM
Well, I'd say use your common sense, lol! One of the teammates will have made a surprised noise, and tbh, I'd be shocked if you guys didn't hear the sound of a body falling from a high place.

Roy Karrde
7th April 2010, 03:50 PM
STARS 2

I am all for checking the body, possibly one of us look it over, while the other stands guard just in case it isn't dead yet.

VirtualPlay
7th April 2010, 04:35 PM
STARS 1

Alright, so the loud thump would definitely get our attention. A question to STARS 2: if one of us were to call out asking what the loud thump was, would you guys call back requesting assistance or tell us you have it under control and for us to keep going our way?

Roy Karrde
7th April 2010, 05:25 PM
STARS 2

David would call out that everything is fine and to keep going. One fallen body isn't important enough to derail your assignment.

Crystal Tears
7th April 2010, 08:55 PM
STARS 1

But where there's a body there's something that made it dead. Maybe we shouldn't split up after all.

VirtualPlay
8th April 2010, 05:40 PM
STARS 1

Yes, well, if they just call out that everything's fine and don't tell us that it's a body that fell then we aren't going to know. David is going to call out like that, so it depends on whether Evan will or if he thinks that group 1 should know about the body.

(Waiting for Everoy to post on what Evan will do…)

Crystal Tears
8th April 2010, 05:59 PM
STARS 1

Well you can go ahead and post your shouting out for their answer. At least then we got what we're doing. :3 If they say everythings sunshine and rainbows, we move through the door. If not, we come back, guns a blazin'.

Weasel Overlord
13th April 2010, 03:01 PM
Important Post!

Okay, so you may notice from my latest that some more stuff's come up! This means it's Pelting You With Information time again! Hurrah!

Thing the 1st; battles
- Obviously, this is a big one. There's not much to say at this point. Monsters have a set amount of hit points (health), just like you do. Of course, you are not going to know how much this is the first time you fight one. This means battles will, at first, be a sort of trial and error until you amass information on your foes.
- Once you have killed a foe, their data will be saved in the main post, and you will then know how many shots it takes to kill it, and where its weak points are.
- If you are in a battle, it works pretty much like the normal posting system. You put your actions, where you spend bullets (again, trial and error, so you can say something like: "I shoot three times for the head" and I'll let you know the success of your attack in my reaction post.
- Don't forget, ammo is key. Conservation of ammunition could very well save your lives - don't be wasteful.

Thing the 2nd; action queuing
- Okay, so now we're all acquainted with the action system, it's time to step it up a notch. You are all managing very nicely to communicate using the Saferoom, and you can use this to decide on your actions for the future, as well as your immediate one.
- For example; if there are items in the room, and you find two out of three of them, when I will then tell you what they are. Your post could go as such; 1. We will take two items [insert item names here] 2. We will try [Key 1] in [Door 2]. 3. If it doesn't work, we will try [Key 2] in [Door 1].
- And so on.

Thing the 3rd; the posting times
- As we can see, we have a perfect example of someone not posting inside the allotted time. In fact, we have two people. If you do this, there will be consequences, as you can see from Everoy's Zombie Bite. He got an injury for not posting once yet.
- Not posting has consequences.
- This includes even if I don't post for a while. This is not an excuse. You WILL get et by nasty things. :D

ChobiChibi
13th April 2010, 03:07 PM
Survivors

Key or weapon... Key... or Weapon...

I'm happy to leave the stabbing object for someone else. Lets take the key, try the door, if it doesn't work in that door, it may be for somewhere else, but it's probably for that door XD Maybe once we explore this room, we should try getting out.

Aim for the head! Aim for the head! D:

Unbraced
13th April 2010, 06:31 PM
Chobi, if you take the key, I'll take the Weapon

Roy Karrde
13th April 2010, 07:17 PM
Seeing how Everoy still hasn't posted... and I wonder if he ever will, I guess I am going to go on and post the first battle action.

Mystic_clown
13th April 2010, 08:06 PM
Hmmm, if the key doesn't work on the door, try smashing the window with the weapon.

Unbraced
13th April 2010, 09:45 PM
Excellent idea. Will do.

Weasel Overlord
1st May 2010, 09:09 AM
You guys (mostly talking to survivors here), you're going to have to stop discussing things in here and then just not posting afterwards, otherwise you will be killed off.

After this round of actions, I'm going to be looking at people who don't post regularly and there'll be consequences for your character. If everyone dies, the RPG will die and be closed. Just so you know.

ChobiChibi
12th June 2010, 04:25 PM
Hello Survivors! *prod*

We need to talk. Not here, but in the RPG itself. So far, I see no kinda interaction between us. There was no conversation between the boys about taking the clothes.

Also, we can't just assume stuff either. I took the gun cos none of you mentioned it. As Roxanne said, she will give it up later if one of the others wants it, but seriously... Lets all just make decisions. They're not gonna hurt at the end of the day. We need a lot more attention to detail, since Kirst pointed out that we all missed the stick with something pointy attached to it, which was blates a weapon. There are zombies. We need all the weapons we can get XD

Kay. Nuff said. Sorry to rant, guys ><

Unbraced
12th June 2010, 07:15 PM
Hello Survivors! *prod*

We need to talk. Not here, but in the RPG itself. So far, I see no kinda interaction between us. There was no conversation between the boys about taking the clothes.

Also, we can't just assume stuff either. I took the gun cos none of you mentioned it. As Roxanne said, she will give it up later if one of the others wants it, but seriously... Lets all just make decisions. They're not gonna hurt at the end of the day. We need a lot more attention to detail, since Kirst pointed out that we all missed the stick with something pointy attached to it, which was blates a weapon. There are zombies. We need all the weapons we can get XD

Kay. Nuff said. Sorry to rant, guys ><

You got a point. I'll talk after Over posts

Weasel Overlord
18th June 2010, 08:43 AM
Hey all! I bring a surprise~

Here is the official Project Dunlake website (http://projectdunlake.webs.com/)! It's a place where I'll be keeping your character status, inventories, and health, as well as all the notes and items you find, and comprehensive data on the monsters you'll encounter. I'll be removing the stats from the first post of the Saferoom, so don't forget to bookmark the site and check it frequently!

Weas over and out! <3

Weasel Overlord
19th June 2010, 06:44 PM
Me again! Just letting you guys know that I've added DL and VP's new characters to the website.

Survivors: I need a post from one of you, so I can get them both integrated in as part of your group, ay?

DarkestLight
19th June 2010, 07:08 PM
Yes, Im ready to come and start some real RE spelunking.

Unbraced
21st June 2010, 09:47 AM
Sorry about the absence.

Ready to post

Nice site

Roy Karrde
21st June 2010, 06:43 PM
Guys I am really confused as to what I should do now that Envoy is gone, any help?

VirtualPlay
21st June 2010, 07:37 PM
Either write him off as dead or just do your best to keep him alive (you know, as much as putting a red shirt on him would keep him alive).

Crystal Tears
21st June 2010, 08:12 PM
Or ask Kirst, she might have an idea? My post is coming eventually (later tonight or tomorrow), I feel a bit off today.

DarkestLight
21st June 2010, 10:36 PM
CAN I KILL HIM?! PLEEEASE ?!?!?!? :D MURDER ISH FUN.

NO seriously, I woulnd't mind my character already having a slightly murderous side. Not deranged, but starting to evolve into a slightly more finds-pleasure-in-pain sort of thing. I don't mean like rip his limbs apart, like lead him into a trap unwillingly, even though I'd just evaded said trap before?

Unless, you know, I'm in a completely different area, and then I'll shush myself.

Weasel Overlord
22nd June 2010, 01:35 AM
What VP said. And this is the only time I'm gonna do this, but if you don't post by like, tonight, you're on the chopping block too. Sorry! :D

DarkestLight
23rd June 2010, 07:13 PM
Survivors: I need a post from one of you, so I can get them both integrated in as part of your group, ay?

This means I hafta wait until you post me in the RP before I can post, correct? ::Super anxious/excited!!11!1!!11!11 <--can't you tell by the number of 1's to !'s::

Weasel Overlord
24th June 2010, 01:21 AM
See new posts, DL. :D You're in~

Unbraced
26th June 2010, 09:40 PM
Uh, Are we waiting for someone? (please don't be me please don't be me)

Weasel Overlord
27th June 2010, 06:00 AM
You're waiting for me. Post will be up later on today, natch.

Unbraced
27th June 2010, 09:28 AM
Oh,sorry. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't holding everyone up.

Weasel Overlord
27th June 2010, 10:46 AM
re: my last reaction post.

Actions
An action is counted as something that your character does at the end of their post that advances the game. Examples of actions are as follows;
1) Picking up the small box
2) Looking around the room for any exits
3) Attacking the enemy

The following are not examples of actions, and should not be at the end of your posts;
1) Talking to teammates
2) Wondering what's going on
3) Any other character interations

The main bulk of your post is where any interactions and feelings and whatnot go. The action tag is there simply for us to move on the RPG. If in an entire round all of your group just talks among yourselves or introduces yourselves or whatever (like Survivors did last time) we won't get anywhere, and I literally have nothing to post to further the RPG. I am not here to do all the work for you - the purpose of my posts is to tell you the consequences of your actions, not to tell you what you have to do next.

If anyone at all has any questions, or is confused, please for gods sake, let me know. Send me a PM if you can't find me online - I come on TPM more than once every day, so even if I'm not on MSN or AIM or whatever, I'll get a PM and reply to you as soon as I do, or you can just post them in this topic and I'll reply straight away too.

The reason I'm being so strict with the rules is that this is a Survival RPG, lol. Not gonna be nice, you've gotta use your brains otherwise you'll die like Roy and Everoy did. :)

VirtualPlay
27th June 2010, 09:50 PM
Survivors

Okay, Becki and I already have a plan with our characters, and unless Becki posts before tomorrow then I'll have a post up in the morning. Roxanne's basically going to escort Kat back to the office to acquire the wedding dress (assuming the path is still clear), so nobody post to run off down a hallway or something. If someone posts before then then I'll edit my post before putting it up, but expect something tomorrow.

Survivors EDIT: Well, got the post up, so if any of the guys wants to tag along to make sure the girls are safe feel free to chase after, just not all of you please.

STARS

Well, I didn't see you on all day, Sie, so I'm posting here for you. I'm gonna get a post up with shooting Zombie-Evan, and if I get it complete I'll post it tomorrow, otherwise I'll save it for after we can actually exchange info.

STARS EDIT: Alright, Zombie-Evan shot in the head. Have fun with Zombie-David, Sie (and yes, I left him for you on purpose :P ).

DarkestLight
28th June 2010, 08:03 AM
Sorry for not posting this weekend, I was hella disappered.

Weasel Overlord
28th June 2010, 11:46 AM
Don't worry, DL. As long as someone posts for your group, you'll be fine. Which brings me to reclarify some details.

If I can bring your attention to this post (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showpost.php?p=446718&postcount=20) earlier in the Saferoom;

IMPORTANT POST, PLX READ

Okay, I figured I'd clarify some shizzles. In the signup topic I said that I'd put the life of anyone who didn't post before me in danger. This is true. What I expect is this:

If you've decided to split up into groups, I want at least one post from each group before I post with the consequences.

If you're doing a single action on your own which will affect what the rest of you do next, I will post after that so you can carry on. BUT you must state that you want to see the consequence of that action before you carry on.

The maximum time I will wait for a post from someone who needs to post is FIVE DAYS. If, after five days, a person has not posted when they should have, they will immediately be subjected to instant and very painful death. Their weapons may not be salvageable, and you may lose important items in the process, so it is in everyone's best interests to not let this happen. (If, in this case, you die and then want back in, you can be a survivor player. Just pm me.)

I keep harping on about communication, I know, but this is the reason why. No, we don't need a post from everyone in the group - you will not die unless you repeatedly do not post, like Everoy did.

The point of the Saferoom is so that you can discuss what to do next. So if you decide that you want to check out the corridor and state as much in here, then I'll be waiting the given 5 days for you to post with that action. If the person who said they would post with the action does not post within the 5 allotted days, then they get a penalty - a consequence. We have already seen these in action.

I'm going to do a list of the rules, since people seem to not be reading or remembering them, and put them on the website, which is here (http://projectdunlake.webs.com/). Please check them frequently - I'll let you know if I add anything new, and I'll post updates in here too.

Hope that helped!

DarkestLight
29th June 2010, 06:52 AM
Survivors.

I wanna go down that hallway, but since the girls are headed down to get the last bits of clothing, I figure I let ya know my plan. So now I decided to be a bum and just go for the door that Lafitte is listening in on. I'll post that tonight.

VirtualPlay
5th July 2010, 03:11 PM
Survivors

Okay, Kat would actually be interested in finding out what the plant-like object is at the end of the hallway. Plant could mean food! …Or it could mean poison, but we won't know unless we investigate. However, Kat would flat-out refuse to investigate alone, owing to her near-total lack of courage at the moment, so is there anyone that would want to accompany her? If not, then she'll follow the rest of the group.

Unbraced
5th July 2010, 04:58 PM
Survivors

Okay, Kat would actually be interested in finding out what the plant-like object is at the end of the hallway. Plant could mean food! …Or it could mean poison, but we won't know unless we investigate. However, Kat would flat-out refuse to investigate alone, owing to her near-total lack of courage at the moment, so is there anyone that would want to accompany her? If not, then she'll follow the rest of the group.

I'll go. Marcus is acting friendly to her already. (Cough*Cough* Relationship?Cough*Cough* ) You mind posting first?

VirtualPlay
6th July 2010, 07:21 AM
Survivors

Sure, I can post first (Jeremy needs to get a post up as well, so I'll save two chars with one post). I'll just have her imply that she wants to investigate the plant and have Marcus get it and pipe up that he'll accompany her. As for a relationship…well, we'll have to see about that but I'm not flat-out against it at this point. Right now, though, she's pretty timid and skeptical about everything so there won't be much in return from her.

Weasel Overlord
6th July 2010, 07:41 AM
Hey you guys, I’d just like to make an amendment to my previous post regarding Jeremy’s Shotgun. Namely, that I completely forgot that he was toting a bloody shotgun, so if you check Evan’s stats again, you’ll see the change quite easily. From the change, I can tell you that a Shotgun will do more damage than a Handgun – this much is obvious. I’m not giving base damage for each weapon because damage is calculated on what type of enemy you’re fighting only.

That's all! You're all doing much better re: actions now, so don't panic, mkay? :)

VirtualPlay
6th July 2010, 08:43 AM
Hey you guys, I’d just like to make an amendment to my previous post regarding Jeremy’s Shotgun. Namely, that I completely forgot that he was toting a bloody shotgun, so if you check Evan’s stats again, you’ll see the change quite easily. From the change, I can tell you that a Shotgun will do more damage than a Handgun – this much is obvious. I’m not giving base damage for each weapon because damage is calculated on what type of enemy you’re fighting only.

That's all! You're all doing much better re: actions now, so don't panic, mkay? :)

Heheh, I was wondering why Jeremy's single shot did the same as half of Ven's double-shot (in other words, why single shots did the same damage). Regardless, it didn't change much (read: both zombies are still standing) so my actions remain the same.

Still, it's a wicked awesome shotgun in action. :)

Crystal Tears
6th July 2010, 12:29 PM
Heheh, I was wondering why Jeremy's single shot did the same as half of Ven's double-shot (in other words, why single shots did the same damage).

Cuz Ven is awesome, blates.

Weasel Overlord
19th July 2010, 11:47 AM
NEW RULES, NEW RULES. [/Charlie Brooker voice]

Combat

We have rounds, yes. One combat round is, basically, one of my reaction posts. For example, you post stating that you shoot three times. This is one round, for you. Your teammate also posts saying that they shoot three times. This is one round for them.

In each round, you will be allowed a total of ONE headshot and no more. Not only that, but you will further be allowed a total of three shots overall, on average, depending on what kind of gun you're toting (eg: a shotgun is slower, so your maximum is 2; handgun is 3; machinegun is 4, etc. - I'll give you the stats when you come across the various guns). A headshot takes up two of these shots - this is to account for the extra time you must spend aiming carefully.

Additionally, where you shoot on an enemy also gives different results. A shot at the arm, for example, will dislodge any weapons the enemy may be carrying; a shot at the leg area will knock them down. Use your common sense for these - if a zombie is toting a stick of dynamite, you can shoot at the stick to blow it, and the zombie, up before he manages to blow you up.

Regarding enemy actions - zombies are slow and shuffly. They will obviously only get one action per turn. Since you haven't encountered anything other than the basic Zombie yet, I won't disclose any more information on enemy status. :D

To summarise:

- You may shoot; 2 times with a shotgun or 3 times with a handgun in one round
- You may sacrifice 2 of your allotted shots to perform 1 headshot
- Each type of gun has a set maximum of shots per round
- One round is one reaction post from me

DarkestLight
26th July 2010, 11:34 AM
OOH OOH! ::Waves hand:: Melee! What about Knife and CQC and straight up ASS WHOOPING dem dere Zombies!

Weasel Overlord
26th July 2010, 01:55 PM
Good point, DL my man. I forgot about knives cos no-one's used one yet, see. XD

If you're attacking with a knife, you get two slashes with it per turn, no matter how good you are or whatever.

It's a weak-ish weapon, best used when you're up close and in a pinch.

There's also no chance of a critical/headshot with the knife. Obviously, you'd have to have mad strength *cough* Krauser *cough* Wesker *cough* to be able to outright kill a zombie with just a knife.

DarkestLight
26th July 2010, 03:06 PM
*coughnotweakwomenzlykadahack*

Unbraced
26th July 2010, 03:14 PM
What about throwing a knife?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhLV7pI_roo&feature=related

8:35

DarkestLight
11th September 2010, 01:41 PM
o.O Ok So jus seeing who's down for a plan with the hallway and all :O

Weasel Overlord
12th September 2010, 12:21 PM
re: that video, none of you guys are Leon, lol. There is no knife-throwing goin' on. Possibly the only ones who could do that would be the STARS, but none of them chose to go for the knife as a specialism, so boo hoo. XD Kudos for the Degeneration clip, though! I fucking love that film~

Okay you guys, sorry for my absence but you'll have noticed (I hope) that the game is on once more! And a word in the shell-like of the Survivors, there may or may not be an important, end-of-missiony encounter coming up for you guys, so post quicksharp or you'll get et. MOO HA HA HA HA HA etc.

Unbraced
12th September 2010, 05:21 PM
Survivors:

Who wants to post first? (Other than me I got nothing)

Weasel Overlord
19th September 2010, 11:50 AM
It's been five days you slackers, where's my posts?! If you're all not bothered about carrying on, let me know, I'll slaughter your characters and start up another game. If not, someone better post within the next two days or, and I swear, I will kill your arses.

Thankee-sai~ <3

Unbraced
19th September 2010, 05:06 PM
See previous post

Weasel Overlord
19th September 2010, 05:23 PM
Posting in here don't count~ there are other ways of getting in touch with people. I'll give you a hint: there's only one other place you've not been. Go there.

STARS are exempt at the moment because Sie can't get hold of VP and she's gonna recruit someone else for her team. It'll be a bit sucky with just the one STARS-dude, alas!

DarkestLight
19th September 2010, 05:24 PM
Whoa sorry guys. I'll post first, I'm sure my slick mouth might make for a fun quip or two.

Weasel Overlord
19th September 2010, 05:33 PM
Whoa sorry guys. I'll post first, I'm sure my slick mouth might make for a fun quip or two.

*opens mouth*

*can't actually speak*

*closes mouth*

Weasel Overlord
19th September 2010, 06:03 PM
*spammity spammity*

It has come to my attention that the areas I'm describing might be a bit, er, confusing. Would you guys like me to post up more detailed descriptions in here? If you find maps, obvs I'll post those up too, but without the maps, would that be cools?

Survivors
At the moment, you are in a long corridor. Within this corridor there are three main points of interest;
1) the Typewriter Room - explored
2) the Branch - not explored
3) the End-most Door - DL is currently opening this one

Since you've walked down to the End-most Door, you will have glanced down the Branch, so I can tell you that there are two more points of interest down there;

1) a Right-hand Door
2) an End-most Door

How's that layout? I wanna reduce confusion so we can streamline as much as possible and get on with ending this Chapter for you guys. :D

DarkestLight
23rd September 2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks alot Weesy. I was slightly confused as to what branch you were referring to, but now that you said this, I can envision it as either a L or E-shaped hallway.

Crystal Tears
30th September 2010, 11:44 AM
STARS

Right then, I've been pretty quiet so far with the STARS group, but I've only talked to Mike yesterday because he's been swamped with work and far to tired to come online (while being conscious...), so...

Kirst has given me permission to call for back up, so I'm going to do that. Becki said she'd step up and come help us on the STARS end. So that's my action, I'm not quite sure what Mike will be doing...

Sorry there hasn't been much action from us, we've both been so busy. Hopefully we'll get back on the horse and be catch up.

Weasel Overlord
2nd October 2010, 05:22 AM
It's been 8 days since my post. You Survivors get another 2 days and then you're all getting mortal periled in the arse. :D Just so you're aware.

It's fine about calling for backup - but I want a post from STARS within 3 days please.

If no-one's bothered about carrying on, I'll just kill you all off now and not bother doing any more planning, ya know?

DarkestLight
2nd October 2010, 08:24 AM
Yo is it ok for me to post all the time then. I was trying to keep it like, one per person for a bit.

Oh Chobichibi. Which hallway you wanna go down? I'll let you pick and then I'll post :O.

Weasel Overlord
2nd October 2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah, I really don't mind. The idea is that one person can post a decision for the whole group, if you've discussed it, but tbh I'm not gonna know, am I? The rules are that people who haven't posted in ages will get axed, and I'm afraid that if a few of the Survivors don't get a post in before my next one, you're gonna be losing some teammates.

Weasel Overlord
15th December 2010, 07:14 AM
Okay, DL expressed interest in starting up again; what does everyone else think? I reckon we might need a few more team-mates wiring in if some of our current ones are gonna be AWOL.

If I get a few replies to this post then I'll move the RPG on, but if not I'm gonna leave it.

UNLESS, and this is a radical idea, unless someone else wants to take over as DM - I'll give you all my notes, etc. and then I'll join in as a player-character like I was gonna do eventually.