PDA

View Full Version : U.S. GameStop Jirachi Promo Reminder

Starry Might
24th February 2010, 11:40 AM
Jirachi to be distributed by American GameStop stores

Event lasts from Feb. 27 to March 13

The official Pokémon site has reported that Jirachi will be given out by American GameStop stores from Feb. 27 to March 13.

The level 5 Jirachi will be distributed in a Cherish Ball. It will also hold a Liechi Berry and a Classic Ribbon. It will come with the moves Wish, Confusion, Rest and Draco Meteor, the last of which is a move it cannot learn normally. After obtaining it from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, players may send it to the upcoming games Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver. Doing so will allow them to to send it to their Pokéwalker in order to unlock Night Sky's Edge.

This Jirachi was first distributed in Japan in 2009, where it could be obtained by any player of the Japanese versions of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. South Korea followed later on during their distribution during the end of January. It was not distributed via Wi-Fi, similar to the American distribution.
Original Link (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jirachi_to_be_distributed_by_American_GameStop_sto res)

I know the Jirachi promo has been mentioned before on the main site, but since it's drawing near and Bulbapedia mentioned it, I'd thought I'd make a topic about it. :D

Hopefully, my Dad and I will be able to go get ours soon!

kainashi
24th February 2010, 12:17 PM
yay. guess i could finish paying my preorder then and pick one up. :)

Blademaster
24th February 2010, 05:07 PM
Holy shit I can actually get this one! I missed the last promo (What was it again? Celebi?), so this one... Well, Jirachi is infinitely better than Celebi anyway, so, yeah. Also, Draco Meteor. <3

According to Firefox's spellcheck, Draco is a word. Go figure.

Darth CookieMonster
24th February 2010, 05:18 PM
It was the ShinyPichu Blade lol.. but yeah I got the Shiny Pichu and I am planning on getting this Jirachi too. The only other thing i would need for HG/SS is an Arceus, unless there are other unlockable events from pokemon i dont know about.

Jeff
24th February 2010, 05:20 PM
Last one was Shiny Pichu. I already have a Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk, so I'll probably pass on this one.

Poryhedron
24th February 2010, 06:05 PM
But will the Colloseum Jirachi unlock Night Sky's Edge on Pokéwalkers? It would be just like Nintendo to set it up so that only this promo Jirachi can...

...I skipped Shiny Pichu because there was absolutely zilch about the Notched-Ear Pichu event that interested me, but I think I'll pick up this Jirachi just to unlock the Pokéwalker area. I don't even know offhand if there's anything in Night Sky's Edge that I'll desperately want to obtain, but I want to unlock it anyway.

Blademaster
24th February 2010, 06:09 PM
But the Shiny Pichu has SOMETHING to do with Celebi, right? Doesn't having it open the Ilex Forest Shrine or something...?

Well whatever. I can get a Celebi another way, or trade for a Shiny Pichu. Darkly probably bred like 38 of them by now.

Link
24th February 2010, 06:29 PM
I have the Jirachi from Coliseum, but I will definitely be getting this one because of the Moves it has. gg nintendo.

Darth CookieMonster
25th February 2010, 01:33 PM
What are its moves?!

Blademaster
25th February 2010, 08:32 PM
It says what its moves are in Starry's quote. Rest, Wish, Confusion, and Draco Meteor.

DarkestLight
26th February 2010, 08:05 AM
But the Shiny Pichu has SOMETHING to do with Celebi, right? Doesn't having it open the Ilex Forest Shrine or something...?

Well whatever. I can get a Celebi another way, or trade for a Shiny Pichu. Darkly probably bred like 38 of them by now.

Heh. Sad thing is that you can't breed more of the Shiny Pichu. Least, not til HG/SS comes out. I haven't got one yet, and yeah I tried for about an hour... Also, I hate NYC. Why? Hate seeing all the asian kids playing HG/SS already. -.-..

Darth CookieMonster
26th February 2010, 01:31 PM
OMG thats sick... Draco Meter? On a jhirachi. Intense.

Starry Might
3rd March 2010, 11:36 AM
Hey guys, I got Jirachi yesterday!

My Dad didn't feel like going this time, but every Tuesday, me and my Mom go visit my maternal grandma and go shopping together. So, we went to the mall, and I brought both my "Platinum" and my Dad's "Platinum" with me and I got Jirachi on both of them. :)

Thanks, Mom! :D

Number1ChanseyFan
3rd March 2010, 12:16 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet, I'll probably go this weekend. I haven't missed one of these promos yet, so no reason to start now.