PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Suffering Global Lockdown ( Possibly Fixed )

Roy Karrde
28th February 2010, 10:20 PM
Kotaku is reporting that PS3's all around the world are suffering errors with the PSN, not only on online games but offline games as well. So far this doesn't do any damage to the PS3 but right now it's pretty much a 300 dollar Blu Ray player until Sony can get this fixed. I havn't gotten on my PS3 since yesterday but has anyone else has this problem?

http://kotaku.com/5482328/ps3s-suffering-from-global-network-lockdown

Edit: Speculation may be that this could be a Calendar Bug on older PS3 models ( Meaning I am not daring turning my launch model on ) Because the date resets to 12-31-1999. Sony is said to be working on the problem.

Master Rudy
1st March 2010, 04:20 AM
Cu-vdhgkC6o

While Hitler is usually not a joking matter I figured this would lighten the mood of the situation a bit XD

Weasel Overlord
1st March 2010, 08:41 AM
My bf says that he can't get on any of his games, not only the PSN download ones. I've not turned mine on today - not gonna risk it until there's a patch or something released. He said he tried Heavy Rain earlier, and it said something about not being able to access trophies, and then just quitted the game automatically.

I am highly pissed off though. This is stopping me on my Resident Evil 5 binging, damn it!! I have like, 5 more trophies to get!!! Curse you, PSN! CURSE YOUUUU!!! It had better be sodding fixed by Wednesday. I've got Professional Co-op planned!

Heald
1st March 2010, 10:16 AM
I was literally going to trade in my Wii and 360 this week and get a PS3.

I might hold off on that for now.

Weasel Overlord
1st March 2010, 10:42 AM
Well, the Slims aren't affected, Heald. You could still get one of them!

Heald
1st March 2010, 10:58 AM
Still, it's the principle.

All 3 consoles have had some major fuck-up that has been caused purely by the laziness and irresponsibility of the manufacturers. I'm going to see how this plays out. If Sony more or less sticks its middle finger up to those who have lost data, progress or their PS3s are flat-out bricked, they've lost me as a customer.

Blademaster
1st March 2010, 01:32 PM
My PS3 is working fine. I think the problem will reset itself by tomorrow night. That's what I've read, anyway.

Roy Karrde
1st March 2010, 02:04 PM
Sony has said it is a clock bug, think Y2K, and that it will be fixed in 24 hours. They are suggesting that you DO NOT turn on your PS3 for the next 24 hours until they get the bug fixed.

PNT510
1st March 2010, 03:33 PM
This sounds similar to a problems some Zunes had last year. Launch models stopped working and then went back to normal after a day.

Heald
1st March 2010, 03:37 PM
Another example of the draconian copy-protection harming only consumers. I doubt the people that have chipped PS3s had this problem.

And before you ask, the reason behind the internal clock is to sync with the PS3 OS's copy-protection, so it is a copy-protection measure. A lot of the errors than have been posted refer to something like 'Invalid Copyright' something etc.

Mew Master
1st March 2010, 05:31 PM
What about us who don't play online or don't really go online at all with our PS3... are we fecked?

Heald
1st March 2010, 05:56 PM
I'd recommend searching it, but it's an internal clock thing, rather than a network thing. If you have an older 'fat' style PS3, then you probably shouldn't turn it on until tomorrow.

Roy Karrde
1st March 2010, 06:05 PM
Kotaku is saying the problem may be resolved as people as well as their own tests, that the PS3 is now fixed. You can wait till Sony updates or go on and give it a try.

Blademaster
1st March 2010, 09:41 PM
My fat PS3 was fine. Yours is probably good too, Denny.

Lol Microsoft. PS3 took 14 hours to get its entire global shitstorm straight. How many weeks does it take to fix a single Red Ring of Deathbox 360?

One man. One mission. One goal. PS3 wins again. :hellyeah:

Mew Master
1st March 2010, 09:43 PM
Heh... nice pot-shot at the X-Fail 360.

Blademaster
1st March 2010, 09:45 PM
It's what I do. I admit I gave Sony a lot of shit for many years, but seeing how much Microsoft blows at doing anything game-related aside from reeling in money left and right, I gotta just jab the bastards whenever I can. They robbed me pretty blind, so I have some validity now. :cawg:

EDIT: My new avatar is sweet.

Drago
2nd March 2010, 07:59 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/Squidomar/fat.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aimPRKfqKGw)
"I'm here to raaaaaaaaaaaaaage!!"