PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Pichu Now Available On Nintendo Wi-fi Connection (NA/PAL)

Starry Might
5th March 2010, 09:35 AM
Pikachu-Colored Pichu to be distributed via Wi-Fi

First Pokémon to be distributed over Wi-Fi outside of Japan

Players of the North American and PAL versions of Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum will be able to download
the special Pikachu-colored Pichu from the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection from March 5 until March 26. This Pichu, once traded to Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, themselves due out the same day that the promotion ends, activates an event at the Ilex Forest Shrine, allowing the player to obtain the Spiky-Eared Pichu that starred in Arceus and the Jewel of Life, the twelfth movie.

Previously, the Pikachu-colored Pichu was available in Japan by pre-ordering a ticket to the twelfth Pokémon movie, and in the United States through an event at participating GameStop stores. Its release over Wi-Fi makes it the first Pokémon available for download over Wi-Fi outside of Japan, though previously several event items have been available for download in regions other than Japan. The first Pokémon to actually be distributed via Wi-Fi was a Jirachi.

The Pikachu-colored Pichu received will be at level 30, holding an Everstone, and know the moves Charge, Volt Tackle, Endeavor and Endure.
Original Link (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pikachu-Colored_Pichu_to_be_distributed_via_Wi-Fi)

LOL, who'd thunk? At least more people can get him now!

I already got the Shiny Pichu at GameStop, and my DS-i's not set up for Wi-fi yet (alas), so I personally have no need for this, but is anyone else game? :D

Poryhedron
5th March 2010, 08:51 PM
I chose not to get the Shiny Pichu from GameStop because the Notched-Ear Pichu event is of no interest to me, but now that it's available via WiFi I might get it just for the heck of it. I own my own wireless router, so WiFi's a great deal easier.

Link
5th March 2010, 10:04 PM
Umm.. I thought that HeartGold and Soul Silver came out on the 14th of March.

Poryhedron
5th March 2010, 10:42 PM
Heh. Yeah, they do, at least in my area (northeastern US). Maybe that part was left over from the last announcement of this sort, because Jirachi stops being available from GameStop on the 14th.

Starry Might
6th March 2010, 09:02 AM
Heh. Yeah, they do, at least in my area (northeastern US). Maybe that part was left over from the last announcement of this sort, because Jirachi stops being available from GameStop on the 14th.
Yeah, I think they goofed there.

Pichu's available on WFC through the 26th.

DarkestLight
6th March 2010, 11:34 AM
Wtf? Now I don't need to trade my Pichu's? Hey Blade, get yer OWN :O!

Blademaster
7th March 2010, 11:34 AM
With my DS that HAS NO WI-FI?

...Fuck, I can't get one either way. Thanks for the reminder, asshat. ;_;

Andrew
7th March 2010, 02:35 PM
Ah I got my pikachu coloured pichu. Depressing.