PDA

View Full Version : Everoy vs. Dogfish44 ~ Ref: KoT

Everoy
5th March 2010, 01:06 PM
Anybody game to challenge me for my first battle? :)

- 2 Pokemon each, one out at a time. No recalls.
- I send first, you attack first.
- DQ time is 5 days.
- Arena is Destiny Islands from Kingdom Hearts:
http://www.creativeuncut.com/wallpaper/kingdom-hearts-04a.jpg
Differences being that none of the doors or treehouse parts (ladders, etc) exist, so the only part we're battling on is the visible beach and beachy platforms. We start on the smaller island with the trees on it.

I send out Cotton Candy, my shiny female Mareep.

Dogfish44
5th March 2010, 01:27 PM
OK,4th match, including the 3 current with Unbraced, Weas and DCM. I'll take you on!
With what mon? I'll be utilising my female Gible, Terrabite.
Start of by ruining the nice, open atmosphere with a Sandstorm.
Now, Trap it in a Sand Tomb.
With it now trapped in a whirlpool of sand as it would be, spin the sand faster with a twister.

Everoy
5th March 2010, 02:24 PM
...*cries* Of course you pick a pokemon that 90% of my moves have no effect on. Oh wellz I'll make do.

Cotton Candy, start off with a Magnet Rise so she can't hit you with her Sand Tomb! Then, use a Rain Dance to calm the Sandstorm and get the ground wet! Then use a Hidden Power and pray for something good!

Knight of Time
5th March 2010, 02:39 PM
Well, being as the battle I posted to ref for seems to be going nowhere, I'll take up reffing this battle for you guys. Reffing'll come later.

Everoy
5th March 2010, 03:40 PM
Sweet, thanks! :)

Knight of Time
5th March 2010, 03:47 PM
I think I can now guess who you are, it's nice to see you back, Patrick.

Everoy
5th March 2010, 03:49 PM
Teehee. Yup.

Knight of Time
10th March 2010, 01:29 PM
You guys aren't banning any moves, am I right? It's up to the two of you if you want to ban any, though.

What about abilities? Do you guys want them on? Again, it's up to the two of you whether they are on or off here.

Dogfish44
10th March 2010, 01:53 PM
Unlesds it effects anything we'll pick after. In fact, let Everoy pick bans, except i am banning Toxic, Attract and rest (If any were used, ban them after)

Everoy
10th March 2010, 03:37 PM
Adding Perish Song, Curse, and Pain Split. Let's go with no abilities.

Knight of Time
13th March 2010, 02:20 PM
Alright, thanks for the extra information guys, here we go.

Oh, Everoy, that link you posted for the picture of the arena didn't take me directly to the pic, it went to the front page of that website instead, can you possibly give me an alternate link to the pic please, if it's still on there that is?

Everoy vs Dogfish44
Reffed by Knight of Time

Location: The beach area of Destiny Islands from Kingdom Hearts

DQ: 5 days

Banned moves: Toxic, Attract, Rest, Perish Song, Curse, Pain Split

Round 1

Pre-Round Stats:

Everoy:
OO

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfsa/179.png

Cotton Candy the Mareep (F, shiny)
Health: 100%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 100%
Magnet Rise ~ Rain Dance ~ Hidden Power

Dogfish44:
OO

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plffa/443.png

Terrabite the Gible (F)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 100%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 100%
Sandstorm ~ Sand Tomb ~ Twister

The setting for this battle is on the beach area of the fabled Destiny Islands from the Kingdom Hearts video game series. With the battle taking place on the small island with the trees on it, this could prove to be quite a real tropical themed battle. Soon, the first trainer makes his way to the island. Revealing himself as Everoy, a familiar face in the world of ASB, he takes out a Pokeball and opens it up to reveal a shiny female Mareep appropriately named Cotton Candy. Not long after, his opponent, the challenger, also appears. Revealing himself as Dogfish44, a fairly new guy to ASB who is getting the hang of things already, he takes out a Pokeball as well, and he opens it up to reveal a female Gible by the name of Terrabite. With that, the two trainers take their places on opposite ends of the island with their respective Pokemon...and end up spotting a majestic Milotic in the distance, with a mysterious figure on its back. As the two figures park on the island, the mysterious figure is revealed to be none other than me, and my male Milotic, Neptune. Thanking my sea serpent-like Pokemon for his help in getting here as the ref, I recall him and take my place between the two battlers, and the battle begins. Terrabite is ready from the get-go to make the weather more comfortable for herself, and she whips up a mighty Sandstorm that begins to interrupt the calm atmosphere of the beach, much to Cotton Candy's disliking. But, the Mareep isn't about to let her opponent's advantage get the better of her, as she sparks with electromagnetic energy, which surrounds her body, and slowly but steadily she begins to float in the air.

Cotton Candy: -6 Energy, Magnet Rise in effect
Terrabite: -6 Energy

Upset that her opponent became airborne for the time being, Terrabite tries whipping up a Sand Tomb underneath the floating Cotton Candy, but the very top of the vortex barely is able to touch Cotton Candy...that would have been too close of a call, for sure. Nonetheless, as Cotton Candy sighs in relief, she uses a Rain Dance, beckoning for the clouds to cover the sun, and they do so, completely blocking the sun off before dripping rain...a lot of rain, over the battlefield and both Pokemon and trainers. But as a result, the mix of the Sandstorm and rain causes a mudstorm to form...uh oh, this could get crazy folks...even though the rain will soon be alone.

Cotton Candy: -3 Energy, Magnet Rise in effect
Terrabite: -4 Energy

Despite the fact that her opponent is still airborne, Terrabite smirks, knowing that her next move possibly cannot fail her. Conjuring up a Twister, the Gible sends the vortex of pink draconian energy towards Cotton Candy, who cries in pain as the Twister whips her around a bit, making her slightly dizzy. But, the Mareep is able to quickly come back to her senses and re-align herself, before retailiating back with a ring of orbs that begin to fly around her. Soon after, those orbs begin to turn a bright blue, before they make contact with Terrabite. Looks like this may be a tougher battle than the Gible thought...

Cotton Candy: -6 Health, -6 Energy, Magnet Rise in effect
Terrabite: -7 Health, -5 Energy

[i]Stats After Round 1:

Everoy:
OO

[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 94%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 85%

Dogfish44:
OO

Terrabite the Gible (F)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 93%

Notes:

-When I ref a Pokemon at 0% energy, they lose 1 point of health for each 2 points of energy they use, so keep that in mind.

-Magnet Rise will remain in effect for one more round, and Rain Dance will last for two more rounds unless otherwise changed.

-I randomized the type of Cotton Candy's Hidden Power for this battle, it's Water.

-Everoy, you have the first move for the next round.

Everoy
14th March 2010, 12:11 AM
Cotton Candy! Start by, if you can, Mimicing her Twister - if you can't, Swift instead! Next, as you're falling from the Magnet Rise, use your momentum to Iron Tail her hard! Finish the turn off with a Secret Power, let's see what this mudstorm can do!

Mimic (Twister)/Swift ~ Iron Tail ~ Secret Power

Dogfish44
14th March 2010, 04:30 AM
OK, here we go.

As the twister starts, start spinning around with it and coat the island with your Dragonbreath.
As it tries to hit you with Iron Tail, use Earth Power directly underneath you to create a tower of sand and dirt,which gives us a lot of elevation. And dodges Iron Tails quite well.
To finish of, let it secret power to dent the very large pillar, then roll down the back of the pillar and with great speed create an earthquake. Let the pillar fall, and crush Cotten Candy.

Everoy
14th March 2010, 04:45 AM
Btw, I found another picture of the arena since I can't find the one I used before: http://blogs.sun.com/warit/resource/destiny%20island.jpg

Dogfish44
14th March 2010, 04:49 AM
Thanks. Also posting so that KOT notices i've posted, not just you. :X

Dogfish44
20th March 2010, 06:38 PM
Sorry to double post, but bump for KOT.

Dogfish44
23rd March 2010, 11:19 AM
Bumping again.
Please say you haven't forgotten this?

Knight of Time
23rd March 2010, 01:22 PM
No, I haven't forgotten, don't worry.

But speaking of bumps, I do sometimes run into them when trying to work on a reffing (bumps as in obstacles). I am working on the reffing, I just need to get input on one of your moves first.

Knight of Time
24th March 2010, 09:49 AM
Sorry I kept you guys waiting, things have been a little hectic, but here I am.

Everoy, thanks for the link to the pic of Destiny Islands, I wish it could have been a bit bigger, but it'll do.

Everoy vs Dogfish44
Reffed by Knight of Time

Round 2

Pre-Round Stats:

Everoy:
OO

Health: 94%
Mimic/Swift ~ Iron Tail ~ Secret Power

Dogfish44:
OO

Terrabite the Gible (F)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 93%
Dragonbreath ~ Earth Power ~ Earthquake

The round begins as Cotton Candy sends forth a flurry of stars at Terrabite. Letting the Swift off, the stars make their mark on Terrabite, causing the Gible to cry in pain. But, the Gible, realizing that she has no tornado to spin around in, spins without the tornado, while breathing out a Dragonbreath that makes its mark on Cotton Candy. The Mareep, not liking the pinkish-red flames coming over her, still feels relieved, that the attack didn't cause her to begin to suffer from paralysis.

Cotton Candy: -6 Health, -5 Energy, Magnet Rise in effect
Terrabite: -6 Health, -6 Energy

Thinking that her time in the air is about to expire, Cotton Candy makes her tail begin to glint and harden with a metallic sheen, hoping to make a good hit on Terrabite with the Iron Tail. However, Terrabite isn't about to let her sheepish opponent get the better of her here, as she uses her Earth Power in a slightly unusual manner, creating a pillar of sand underneath her to help her gain a little bit of evasion. But unfortunately for the Gible, she forgets that her sand pillar isn't strong enough to withstand the power of Cotton Candy's mighty Iron Tail, which slices through the pillar and causes Terrabite to fall to the sand. Lucky for the Gible, the fall didn't hurt her too much, but she grins as some of the falling sand falls on Cotton Candy, weighing her down a little.

Cotton Candy: -2 Health (from being hit by the falling sand), -8 Energy, Magnet Rise in effect
Terrabite: -1 Health (from her fall), -7 Energy

Trying to shake all the sand off her back, Cotton Candy manages to shake much of it off, before going for a Secret Power. The white beam of energy makes its mark on Terrabite, but as a result, Terrabite suddenly feels something's not right with her...like that beam picked up some of the sand and tossed it in her eyes...uh oh. Nonetheless, Terrabite, thinking that Cotton Candy should have fallen back to the ground by now, goes for an Earthquake...but the slightly weakened tremors don't quite reach their target. However, Cotton Candy's Magnet Rise soon wears off, and she falls back to the ground, taking a slight bit of damage in the process.

Cotton Candy: -1 Health (from her fall as a result of Magnet Rise wearing off), -6 Energy
Terrabite: -7 Health, -10 Energy, Accuracy -1

[i]Stats After Round 2:

Everoy:
OO

[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 85%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 66%

Dogfish44:
OO

Terrabite the Gible (F)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 79%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 62%

Notes:

-Mimic can only be used to Mimic a move that was used in the same round Mimic was used in, as if it was trying to be used to Mimic a move used from the previous round, the Mimic user wouldn't have that great of a memory of how that move in question was used, in this kind of case, sorry about that Everoy.

-When I ref Magnet Rise, it wears off immediately after 5 actions; since it was Cotton Candy's first move in the first round, it wore off after her third move in this round. The fall also does a little bit of damage, but the damage from a fall like this is generally trivial (not much at all).

-Similarly, I'm afraid that sand, when it's in the form of a tall structure, such as a pillar or a sand castle, cannot withstand being damaged by a strong attack like Iron Tail. Also, when I ref Earthquake in a sand-filled arena, even if it had hit Cotton Candy, the sand would have absorbed some of it, weakening the Earthquake a little, sorry to have to tell you these bits of information Dogfish44, but common sense is something you don't want to overlook too much.

-Rain Dance will last for one more round unless otherwise changed, sorry I didn't mention its duration at the end of the first round guys, it lasts 3 rounds if not changed.

-Dogfish44, you have the first move for the next round.

Dogfish44
24th March 2010, 11:45 AM
-Similarly, I'm afraid that sand, when it's in the form of a tall structure, such as a pillar or a sand castle, cannot withstand being damaged by a strong attack like Iron Tail. Also, when I ref Earthquake in a sand-filled arena, even if it had hit Cotton Candy, the sand would have absorbed some of it, weakening the Earthquake a little, sorry to have to tell you these bits of information Dogfish44, but common sense is something you don't want to overlook too much.

The latter i assumed, but the main use of earthquake was to crush with the pillar.
The bolded bit however is what puts me off, as i would assume under the sand was soil, as is in most places, thus creating the tower in my head. [/rant]

Also, I assumed that magnet rise was timed from the start of the floating. ;_;

------------

Anyway, let me see how this goes.
Gible, you live in a sandstorm for crying out land. Deal with it.
Use Sand Tomb if it isn't going to Magnet Rise, or use Mud Shot if it does.
Follow up by using Dragon Breath.
Wait until the end of the round now, and bring back the sandstorm. If it is gonna try the same thing, waiting for you to go first, blast it with a mud shot instead.

Sand Tomb / Mud Shot ~ Dragon Breath ~ Sandstorm after Cotten / Mud Shot

Knight of Time
24th March 2010, 12:20 PM
To put things straight, when you're at a beach, you find water under the sand if you dig deep enough. But since it was raining, it made the sand all wet. It's stronger than dry sand of course, but anyway Dogfish44, you know the rest.

Dogfish44
24th March 2010, 01:37 PM
Must be a british thing then. Seeing as we do (Ironically with our weather) have them. *Sigh*
Thanks though.

Everoy
24th March 2010, 04:26 PM
Cotton Candy, start out with another Magnet Rise. Then, Mimic her Dragonbreath, and use it twice. If you forget it too soon to use it again, Secret Power.

Magnet Rise ~ Mimic Dragonbreath ~ Dragonbreath/Secret Power

Knight of Time
26th March 2010, 01:23 PM
Everoy vs Dogfish44
Reffed by Knight of Time

Round 3

Pre-Round Stats:

Everoy:
OO

Health: 85%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 66%
Magnet Rise ~ Mimic (Dragonbreath) ~ Dragonbreath/Secret Power

Dogfish44:
OO

Terrabite the Gible (F)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 79%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 62%
Sand Tomb/Mud Shot ~ Dragonbreath ~ Sandstorm

The round begins as Terrabite tries to keep her eye on Cotton Candy. Cotton Candy, having recently come back to the ground after her temporary floating ability wore off, decides on giving it another shot. Using Magnet Rise again, she feels herself lifting off the ground, and into the air once more. However, Terrabite, despite having vision problems, manages to get off a Mud Shot. The ball of mud goes flying from the Gible's mouth and just manages to hit Cotton Candy.

Cotton Candy: -5 Health, -6 Energy, Magnet Rise in effect again
Terrabite: -5 Energy, Accuracy -1

Unhappy that her opponent is floating in the air again, Terrabite tries to make out Cotton Candy in hopes of hitting her with a Dragonbreath, but the pinkish-red flames end up sailing just past Cotton Candy. Cotton Candy, relieved the Dragonbreath didn't hit her, sets her sights on Mimicing Dragonbreath, and after a few moments, she is successful in getting temporary knowledge about the move.

Cotton Candy: -6 Energy, Magnet Rise in effect again, Mimiced Dragonbreath
Terrabite: -6 Energy, Accuracy -1

Seeing that her opponent has Dragonbreath in her temporary arsenal, Terrabite decides to summon another Sandstorm...within a few moments later, the rain and sand mix again, creating another mudstorm for the time being. Cotton Candy, having recently Mimiced Dragonbreath, breathes out her own stream of the pinkish red flames over Terrabite. Terrabite cries in pain as the flames make her skin sting.

Cotton Candy: -7 Energy, Magnet Rise in effect again
Terrabite: -8 Health, -6 Energy, Accuracy -1

[i]Stats After Round 3:

Everoy:
OO

[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 80%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 47%
Status: Magnet Rise in effect again (1 round left), Mimiced Dragonbreath

Dogfish44:
OO

Terrabite the Gible (F)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 71%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 45%

Notes:

-If a Pokemon successfully Mimics a move, it cannot use that move in the same action that it was Mimiced (since that would be technically four actions, not three), sorry Everoy. But Mimic for me lasts a couple of rounds, so it'll wear off fairly soon.

-When a mudstorm is created as a result of Sandstorm being used while Rain Dance is in effect (or vice versa), it loses the ability to damage Pokemon, however, it only lasts for one action, so it'll be a Sandstorm starting in the next round.

-Everoy, you have the first move for the next round.

Dogfish44
1st April 2010, 07:35 AM
2nd page Bump.
I'm gonna call for a DQ if not up by Sunday.

Knight of Time
2nd April 2010, 05:55 PM
Yes, Everoy, over a week has passed since I reffed the last round.

When it comes to DQs, I try to be fair whenever I can, but if several weeks, or even a month or two pass, that usually makes me have to call a DQ if it is necessary.

I'll give you until Sunday, otherwise, you'll have to be DQed.

Mind that if a DQ is called here, nobody will get any points here since the battle isn't half over (e.g. in a 2 on 2, it's half over when one Pokemon faints).

Dogfish44
4th April 2010, 02:13 PM
I'm a man of my word, and unfortunately that is Sunday, and everoy has been on. Can I call for a DQ on this as soon as KoT sees this, unless he posts?
I'd wait longer, but tbh if he's been on then he can post to ask to have battlers wait for a while.
Again, really sorry you've lost a lot of effort reffing, I'll make up for it sometime.

Knight of Time
4th April 2010, 03:12 PM
Sorry Everoy, but I have to call a DQ on you.

I wish this could have gone on longer, but trying to be patient with someone gets harder the longer you have to wait for them.

Nonetheless, good battle guys, sorry it had to be cut short.