PDA

View Full Version : Any Shinies yet?

mario72486
17th March 2010, 09:29 PM
I never thought I'd see the day I find one for myself. It was a Zubat, of all Pokémon. Not much, but a Shiny is a Shiny.

Has anyone had luck in their games?

Jeff
18th March 2010, 09:57 AM
Gyarados, Lake of Rage. :P

Other than that, no, although I did have a dream last night that I caught a shiny Kakuna.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
18th March 2010, 11:19 AM
Another game where I didn't find a shiny ... a decade of games and not a single one.

classy_cat18
18th March 2010, 11:49 AM
Not in HG/SS. But if the pattern is to repeat itself, I'll start running into them after I get my National Dex. That's how it happened in Diamond and Platinum.

DivineAll
18th March 2010, 05:33 PM
Nope. No Shinies at all. Female Eevee and Sudowoodo on first try for breeding purposes, I've got, but no luck for Shinies.

Starry Might
20th March 2010, 08:44 AM
Gyarados, Lake of Rage. :P

Other than that, no, although I did have a dream last night that I caught a shiny Kakuna.
A winner is you!

Anyhow, no Shinies in "SoulSilver" for me, either. :notfunny: (At least until I get around to trading my GameStop Shiny Pichu over, of course. ;))

Poryhedron
20th March 2010, 08:51 PM
Other than the Gyarados, I've found a Shiny Krabby, a Shiny Rattata, and just recently, a Shiny Baltoy in various generations. ...not sure offhand, but I don't think I've ever encountered a Shiny in 4th Gen. That'll change soon, though, as I'm picking up Soul Silver tomorrow. Oh, look, a Gyarados! :xd:

CuteLassJigglypuff
20th March 2010, 10:24 PM
I caught a Shiny Gastly while I was training my Togepi in the Sprout Tower and I got a shiny Scyther from the GTS.

Elekidkid
21st March 2010, 09:28 AM
Another game where I didn't find a shiny ... a decade of games and not a single one.

If it's any consolation, the only shiny I've ever seen was the Poochyena that you fight with the starter in the very beginning of Ruby version.

Everoy
21st March 2010, 06:09 PM
I saw a shiny Tauros once a very long time ago. I didn't catch it ;_; Only shiny I've ever seen other than Red Gyarados.

Link
22nd March 2010, 09:54 AM
No shinies yet, but I did manage to get to lake of rage in Heart gold, and just in time for the red Gyarados's fury.

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd March 2010, 01:30 PM
Nope, I haven't found any shinies yet in HG/SS, although I didn't get them until this past Sunday. But yeah, outside of the special Pichu, it has been a long time since I've caught a shiny, I believe the last one I found was a shiny Staravia in Pearl sometime last year.

mario72486
23rd March 2010, 04:24 PM
While it isn't a Gen. IV game, I stumbled across and caught a Shiny Oddish in FireRed.

I don't get why, after never finding any Shinies whenever I've played any of the games, I now find 2 within the span of a week...

Jeff
23rd March 2010, 04:54 PM
That happened with me back in FireRed. I had only run into a shiny Graveler in Crystal which used selfdestruct. Then I got a shiny Kadabra and Machoke in FireRed in the same week. Not too long after that I ran into a shiny Whismur in Ruby. My Ruby has since gone missing and FireRed suffered a close encounter of the canine kind, so those three are all gone :(. I did end up getting a shiny Shinx in Diamond which I still have, my only shiny other than Red Gyarados and Pikachu-Colored Pichu.

Manda5
15th April 2010, 04:13 PM
found a shiny hoothoot!

Ultimate Charizard
15th April 2010, 04:28 PM
I went to lake of Rage, caught the Red Gyarados, then found a Shiny Magikarp.....

Woo....

ShinyHunter
19th April 2010, 06:10 PM
My shinies and what game I caught them in:
Feraligatr, I resetted the game for a while to get it, got lucky, only took 3 hours. SS
Drifloon, I resetted for 2 freaking weeks to get him. Pearl.
Krabby, random encounter in Whirl Islands. SS
Pidgeot, pokeradared it, first pokeradar shiny. Pearl.
Luxray, pokeradared. Pearl.
Electrode, pokeradared. Pearl.
Magnezone, pokeradared. Pearl.
Manectric, pokeradared. Pearl.
Pichu from event, Pearl.
Gyrados from rage, SS.

Krabby was my first random encounter I didn't reset for that I actually caught. I found a shiny Cubone in Crystal, threw an ultra ball, failed... It hauled ass.

dabsaww
19th April 2010, 09:23 PM
I did the regirock over and over until i got a shiny. I trained it all the way to 100 :D

Jeff
19th April 2010, 09:35 PM
You guys have way more patience than I do.

I once tried pokeradaring and gave up.:P

Pidgeot
24th April 2010, 08:34 PM
Found a shiny Golbat while level grinding in Victory Road :) Ran out of balls trying to catch it though and ended up using a Masterball :\

DivineAll
24th April 2010, 10:29 PM
Found a Shiny Doduo today while training. Unfortunately, I accidentally KO'd it. T_T;

Knight of Time
7th May 2010, 02:54 PM
I found and caught a shiny Raticate earlier today, seems like when you're searching hard for a rare Pokemon and/or one that only holds an item 5% of the time (e.g. a Farfetch'd with a Stick), sometimes, you might get lucky if you play long enough.

On a side note, I found out the shiny Raticate I caught was holding a Chilan Berry.

Ayeun
7th May 2010, 08:16 PM
Shiny Rhydon... in SS... Just as I headed out of victory road.

On my second play through, and I found a shiny ponyta on the pokewalker... Go figure.

Ayeun
23rd June 2010, 07:47 AM
Adding to that, while training a new batch in Ice path, found a shiny greenish swinub.

Darth CookieMonster
23rd June 2010, 08:42 AM
Gyarados, Umbreon, Charizard, Electivire, Scizor... i can name more, but..

Dark Sage
28th July 2010, 11:01 PM
Found a Shiny Dodrio today while I was training my Poliwhirl outside Mt. Silver in HeartGold. Not the best Shiny, but still a Shiny.

Fat Matt
17th December 2010, 09:54 PM
I Found a shiny Vulpix I was shocked 2nd time getting a shiny on a pokemon Ds game.

Cirrus
22nd January 2011, 11:20 PM
I found a shiny Dokkora (my favorite Pokemon) in Pokemon Black. I caught it and it had a Brave Nature, which is actually pretty good. Better than that Jolly shiny Bronzor that I PokeRadar'ed for.

Cinnamon Grahams
22nd January 2011, 11:21 PM
My first legit shiny was a shiny Starly.

I traded it away on the GTS.

Galdr
7th February 2011, 11:58 AM
I've encountered a shiny Pidgey on Route 30 in HeartGold. It was before you could obtain Pokeballs... I was so angry. >_> This happened way back in Crystal version: Route 30, Lv 3 Male Shiny Pidgey. I swear that Pidgey was stalking me...

Though, I found it again on Route 29 and was able to catch it. It was a Lv 2 shiny male Pidgey, but oh well. XD There have been countless times I've encountered shiny Pokemon when I didn't want them to appear, out of chance. And when I want one to appear, they don't.

In SoulSilver, my Raikou and Lugia was found shiny... but I already had a Shiny Lugia, so I reset until it wasn't. ;D Ho-Oh was found shiny as well, but I already had one too! No matter how many times I reset, Ho-Oh kept being shiny! D: It was creepy...

I think the shiny Pokemon are after me...

IceFlowGlaceon
28th February 2011, 09:46 PM
I gots my shiny butterfree i got really lucky i was going to the natinal park for a rematch and i was using my lv100 blaziken when i ran into the lv 10 shiny caterpi X3

DarkestLight
1st March 2011, 06:42 AM
I was looking through my Pokemon Ranch to get all my Pokemon ready for the transfer so I have no old ones to worry about,and I noticed there was a Bidoof running around with a golden color.

Turns out I caught a Shiny one some months back and just lobbed him in there. Weird.

I remembered I had a Shiny Tentacruel that will come in handy in Black. And yeah, Shiny Dogs, Shiny Gyara. Thats all really :O.

Whitlea
27th July 2011, 01:27 PM
I have a Shiny Gyarados and Shiny Goldeen.
I really want a Shiny Eevee and Celebi though...
They're both so cute. ; u ;

phoenix98
17th December 2011, 03:59 PM
I can get any shiny I want. Mostly because I have a action replay.

Dave Mucluskey
25th January 2018, 03:46 AM
I can get any shiny I want. Mostly because I have a action replay. Even more (https://vogueplay.com/au).

Me too!

Drago
25th January 2018, 10:06 PM
Dammit Mucluskey