PDA

View Full Version : Curse Or Destiny?

Karania
13th April 2003, 06:24 PM
Curse OR Destiny?

“I can’t believe you still play that damn game Alex!” Said Keith.

“Your 15 years old! It’s for little kids.” Keith argued.

“Shove it little man. I like the game. If you don’t, bug off.” Alex snapped.

“’Geez, man. Give it up. Get a real man’s game like Mortal Kombat.” John said.

“Or Soul Caliber,” said Steven. “That game is for kids.”

“You guys are pathetic. Steven you call yourself an Otaku, what kind of self-respecting otaku won’t give an anime game a chance?” Asked Alex.

“A game that sucks?” Asked Steven.

“Have you caught ‘em all?” Asked John mockingly.

“Yes, dumbass I have all 151.” Said Alex in an annoyed tone.”

“Then why still play it?” Asked Keith.

“’Cause I like it, Tiny.” Snapped Alex.

Upon hearing his hated nickname Keith attacked his friend in a rage, beating Alex with his fist.

“Knock it off you idiot!” Alex shouted.

Alex’s game boy fell to the floor and broke.

“You stupid, over active son of a….” Alex shouted.

A flash of light stopped Alex’s insult as a strange being appeared.

“I am Israfel, Angel of Judgement. I am tired of you humans making fun of those you don’t understand. You shall be taught a lesson.” Said the stranger.

“And remember, Gotta Catch ‘Em All” He said mockingly.

The being threw up its hands. A bright light filled the room, and Alex felt as if he was being sucked into a black hole.

When he woke up, Alex found himself in a strange place.

“Where are we?” He asked, noticing that his voice was unusually high.

Alex turned around. He saw his three friends, but there was a problem, they all looked ten years old!

“I have brought you here.” Said a voice.

The four boys looked up, and saw the Angel standing over them.

“Welcome to the world of Pokemon. If you look around your necks, you will each find a pendant. Each with four pieces, three yellow and one blue. These represent the keys for you to go home. You must complete the medallions to go home. The four remaining pieces reside with the Elite Four.” The Angel explained.

“Elite Four?” Asked Steven.

“Who are they?” He asked again.

“Elite Four?” Asked Alex in awe.

“But those are….”

“The greatest Pokemon trainers in this world. You must defeat them in order to get the rest of the pieces.” Said the Angel.

“How do we beat them?” Asked Keith.

“You must become Pokemon trainers and defeat the Elite.” Said the Angel.
“We need Pokemon and Pokedexes.” Said Alex.

“I will give you what you need. Each of you, I give a Pokedex.”

A pokedex suddenly appeared in their hands.

“Now for your pokemon. Alex, I give you the water Pokemon, Squirtle, Steven, I give you the rock Pokemon, Geodude, John, I give you the fire Pokemon, Charmander, Keith, I give you the grass Pokemon, Bulbasaur, and this shall be your home.”

As the poke balls appeared in their hands, a home appeared behind them. Backpacks appeared on their backs.

“You shall stay here when you are in the area. Now go, and defeat the Elite, then and only then can you go home.”

Then the Angel vanished.

Alex looked at his poke ball, securing it to his belt he turned to his friends.

“Well, let’s go. We have a long road ahead.” He said.

“We? What’s this ‘we’ crap?” Asked Keith.

“YOU’RE the one whose going, the rest of us are going to wait for you to get the pieces from the Elite.” He said.

“That could take years!” Exclaimed Alex.

“Then you’d better get going.” Said Steven.

“Then hand over your pokemon!” Demanded Alex.

“Hell no. Do it with your own pokemon!” John said.

“I need more than one!” Snapped Alex.

“You can have our empty poke balls,” said Steven as they handed him their empty poke balls.
“But, but, but….” Stammered Alex.

“Get your *** in gear.” Snapped Keith.

Keith and John turned and went into the house. Just Steven remained outside.

“You can’t do this to me.” Said Alex.

“You’re the Pokemon Master, Alex, you know more about this world than we do. Here take Geodude, he may be of some help.” Said Steven.

Alex looked at his poke ball, then at his friend.

“Thanks Steven, you guys take care, I’ll return someday.”

With that Alex threw his pack over his shoulders, secured Geodude to his belt, and walked away.

Tha Legend
15th April 2003, 11:37 AM
This story is pretty good. Actually, it's more polished than most of the one's I've read. The only problem I see is formatting, and it's minor. Just don't double-space and people should be able to go through a little smoother.

Karania
15th April 2003, 10:08 PM
MOst people like this format because its easy to read and the words don't run together, but thank you for your 2 cents.

Tha Legend
16th April 2003, 11:15 AM
Oh, I guess I'll suck it up when I get to read the second chapter. I still like the the fic.

Karania
16th April 2003, 09:22 PM
Well sorry about the wait, but you know how school goes sometimes. Hope you like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Days Later

Alex was walking through the Viridian Forest. He had done alright for himself. He had caught a Weedle and a Rattata, but he was a little lonely and worried. His loneliness was solved by allowing Squirtle to walk outside his poke ball. He was worried because when he got his seventh Pokemon, where would it be sent? His thoughts were interrupted by his Pokemon.

“Squirtle, Squirt.” Said Squirtle.

“What is it Squirtle?” Asked Alex.

He listened and heard faintly.

“If they use two, then you should use two also.” A female voice said.

It sounded familiar.

“But the Pokemon League rules said that only one per person.” A male voice said.

It hit Alex whose voices they were. He ran in the direction of the voices.

“Ash, if you follow the rules you’re gonna lose all your Pokemon.” The girl said again.

Alex burst through the bushes.

“Then let’s make it a tag team battle.” He said.

“Who are you?” Ash asked.

“A fellow Pokemon trainer, I happened to be passing by and heard your problem, I figured I could help.” Said Alex.

“Your welcome to join the battle.” Said Ash.

“Squirtle, GO.” Ordered Alex.

Squirtle ran out next to Pikachu.

“Koffing, sludge attack.” Ordered James.

The sludge hit both Pikachu and Squirtle in the eyes.

“Pikachu!” Ash exclaimed.

“Squirtle!” Alex exclaimed.

Calling both Pokemon back, the young trainers tried something else.

“Pidgeotto, I choose you!” Ash said.

“Let’s rock and roll, Geodude!” Alex said.

The two Pokemon shot out.

“Geodude, tackle attack!” Alex shouted.

Geodude tackled Koffing while Pidgeotto battled Ekans. It proved futile, soon Geodude and Pidgeotto were K.O.ed

<I can’t send out Rattata, he’s not fully recovered> Alex thought.

“Caterpie, Go.” Shouted Ash.

“Weedle, Let’s Go.” Alex said.

After the Rockets finished laughing at the Pokemon, they attacked.

“Caterpie, string shot.” Ash shouted.

“Weedle, double team!” Alex shouted.

Soon Koffing and Ekans were all wrapped up and sent flying. Meowth tried to fight, but ended up as an X-Mas package.

“We did it!” Shouted Ash.

Alex watched as Ash and Misty had a quick conversation. He knew from watching the show that Misty hated bugs. Suddenly Caterpie shot string up into the air to become a Metapod. Alex turned to his Weedle and noticed that it was changing into a Kakuna.

“Hey, thanks for helping out.” Ash said.

“By the way, I’m Ash Ketchum.”

“Pleased to meet you Ash, I’m Alex.”

Ash and Misty turned to leave.

“Hey Ash!” Alex called.

Ash turned to look at him.

“Mind if I join you! The road to the Pokemon League is a long one. I’d really like to travel with other trainers, if you don’t mind.”

“Sure you can join us.” Ash said.

Alex smiled, and fell into step besides Ash.

“You know Ash, I have a feeling that this is the start of a truly awesome adventure.” Alex said.

He could almost hear the opening music playing in his head.

“I agree!”

“Pika!”

“Squirtle!”

“I want my bike Ash Ketchum!”

Alex looked at his new found friends. It would be a long time before he would return to his old friends. At least he didn’t have to do this alone.

He was with one of the most enthusiastic trainers of all time, and soon they would be joined by the Pokemon Breeder Brock. Alex looked at Squirtle. He figured with his knowledge of Pokemon, both the game and the show, he could help them along on the road to greatness. Then he would return to his friends and go home.

(Will he really want to go home after spending years with Ash and the rest to become a Pokemon Master, but that is a tale for another day.)

totodilelover
16th April 2003, 09:40 PM
Ilike this story a little Matrix kinda thing. I think its kool how they go to a pokemon world. I cant wait to read mroe.

Dewgongtears
16th April 2003, 10:20 PM
This story is very good. I can't wait to read more on your story. Keep up the good work!

Karania
17th April 2003, 04:32 PM
Thanks you guys! I'm gonna type up the next chapter. It should be up tomorrow. At the very latest probably late afternoon, depends how things goes.

Karania
19th April 2003, 03:02 PM
Sorry everyone about the slight delay. I had a little homework to take care of. Verb worksheets and reading the first 3 chapters in our English novel, Bless Me, Ultima. Anyway here's the next chapter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before we move on to chapter 3, let’s recap what’s happened so far. Four friends have been sucked into the World of Pokemon, (How many of us would like to do that?) Once there they were told that the only way to return home is to retrieve the final pieces of four necklaces. The pieces reside with the Elite Four. Alex, a fan of Pokemon and Pokemon Master in our world, finds himself cast out by his friends. He is now the lone hope for them to go home. After a few days of wandering, he crosses paths with Ash Ketchum. Now he travels with Ash, using his knowledge of the Pokemon game and show to guide his new found friends. But I ask the question again. When the fateful day of return to our world does come, will Alex really want to go home?

Chapter 3

We join our heroes journeying through the woods. It has been a considerable amount of time since Alex left his friends and joined Ash.

“So where are we now?” Asked Misty in her usual irritated tone.

“Uh, I’m not sure.” Said Alex.

“What!” Exclaimed Misty.

“Ash, have you gotten us lost again?”

“What are you blaming me for? Alex was leading us.” Said Ash.

“He’s too cute to blame.” Said Misty.

Alex blushed slightly, since he had been transformed to this world his age had reversed as well. While it was strange, Alex couldn’t help but think of how cute Misty was in person. In his own world, his friends would have never let him have it if they knew that he had feelings for a twelve year old girl.

“What!?! That’s a lame excuse!” Shouted Ash.

“Pika.” Said Pikachu.

“Squirtle, squirt.” Said Squirtle.
Squirtle still walked outside his poke ball giving Pikachu some company. Ash had Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirle, Pidgeotto, and Pikachu. Primeape was with Anthony, Butterfree was freed, Krabby and Muk were with Professor Oak. Misty had Togepi, Psyduck, Goldeen, Staryu, Starmie, and Horsea. Brock had Geodude, Vulpix, Onix, and Zubat. Alex had Squirtle, Geodude, his Weedle had become a Beedrill and was traded for a Drowzee, Rattata had become a Raticate, and he had a Venomoth. Ash had arranged to have Alex’s other Pokemon be sent to Professor Oak. With Professor Oak rested a Poliwag and a Tangela.

“There they go again.” Muttered Brock.

“How long do you think?” Alex asked.

“At least an hour.” Said Brock.

“So Misty thinks you’re cute.”

Alex looked at him. “She thinks Tentacool and Tentacruel are cute too, so where does that leave me?”

A sudden rustle in the bushes caught Alex’s attention.

“What’s that?” He asked.

Ash and Misty turned around at the sound.

“What is it?” Asked Misty.

“I’ll bet it’s a Pokemon!” Said Ash

Suddenly a familiar greenish form burst through the bushes.

“Bulbasaur.” Said the form.

“A Bulbasaur!” Exclaimed Ash.

“This one’s mine!” Said Alex excitedly.

Reaching for his belt and pulling a poke ball off.
“Squirtle.” Said Alex’s strongest Pokemon.

“Not this time old friend, there’s someone who needs the experience.” Said Alex.

Throwing the ball, Alex said, “Let’s go, Drowzee!”

The Taipir-like Pokemon emerged to face the plant pokemon.

“Bulba.” Said Bulbasaur.

“Drowzee hypnosis, now!” Said Alex.

“Drowzee, Drowzee.” Said Drowzee as it released its Hypnosis attack.

Bulbasaur released a Razor Leaf attack, it almost reached Drowzee, but before it could Bulbasaur was put to sleep.

“Drowzee! Dream Eater!” Commanded Alex.

Greenish energy appeared around the psychic Pokemon’s hands. It shot out and surrounded Bulbasaur, sucking the dream from it.

“That should do it.” Said Alex.

“Poke Ball, go.”

The ball flew through the air. Upon connecting with the weakened Pokemon, it changed Bulbasaur into energy and entrapped it within. The ball shook three times and the light went out.

“Yeah! I got a Bulbasaur!” Shouted Alex gleefully.

Misty smiled as she watched Alex celebrate his victory. She had met Alex in as much a fashion as she had met Ash. He had just sprung out of nowhere, coming to their aid against Team Rocket. Alex was of average build, his light brown hair had a slight mix of red in it. His eyes were a cool blue-green. For a ten-year old he was kinda cute. Then again so was Ash, but she would never admit it out loud. Her sisters had joked about Ash being her boyfriend. Part of her wanted it to be true, but another part of her kept her thinking about Alex. There were times when this division seemed to tear her apart.