PDA

View Full Version : where are you at in your heart gold/soul silver playthrough?

Pages : [1] 2

kainashi
26th March 2010, 08:22 AM
i have all 16 badges and i'm currently running around trying to catch entei with dogcatcher the smeargle. :patriot: after that, i'll probably go after latios and grind my pokemon some levels for the elite 4 rematch. :)

Starry Might
26th March 2010, 08:47 AM
People (including Yours Truly) have been saying what they've been doing in their games in Darth CookieMonster's "HG/SS is OUT!" topic. Now I'm not sure where to post that info.

Anyhoo, I'm below Goldenrod City, about to level Muscle (the Machop you get from Jose in the department store if you give him a Drowzee) to level 18. I'm thinking about going after Whitney and Co. in the Gym after that.

The rest of my crew consists of Croconaw, Pidgeotto, Geodude, Flaaffy, and Oddish.

Jeff
26th March 2010, 09:18 AM
Well, now we have an actual thread that says what it is in the title.

Also have all 16 badges. I haven't beaten Red yet, but I'll get to that. Currently fighting in the Battle Frontier. I guess I'll go back and level grind at Mt. Silver when I fell like it.

Just took on Red again. Dang he's hard. Back to level grinding.

Poryhedron
26th March 2010, 11:02 PM
I've been going fairly slowly...I just released the Legendary Beasts from Burned Tower, and then my Flaaffy and Graveler got pretty thoroughly mopped by Morty. I am now in the process of raising Togepi, whom I'd completely neglected before now; I was very happy to discover that it conveniently has a strong Psychic-type attack as an Egg move. It will probably be a Togetic before I try Morty again.

Elekidkid
27th March 2010, 02:03 AM
Exploring around and leveling up before fighting Whitney. I'm planning on getting my guys (Zubat, Pidgeotto, Croconaw, Bellsprout, and Flaaffy) up to level 20 then trying my best. I also have Togepi in the Walker so it can get super happy, evolve, and go into the box.

Master Rudy
27th March 2010, 06:22 AM
Finally got my copy in the mail yesterday from Amazon. Didn't play it overly long due to the fact that my DS isn't in the best of shape. One of the hinges on the system is snapped so as a result it won't stay open. Got it sitting nearby while waiting for the super glue to dry. I figured for $5 I can do a quick fix and wait another 24 hours as opposed to sending the damn thing to Redmond for $85 worth of repairs since the place where it's snapped will require an entirely new screen :-/

Anyway to answer the question I've only just begun due to my painfully short time with the game. Just gave Elm the egg and I'm now sitting just west of New Bark with Totodile, Pidgy and Geodude. Hoping to get a little more time with the game after work tonight once I'm sure that the glue is totally dry. Tested the system a little while ago and it looks like it's holding at least. Only real issue with my DS now is the fact that opening and closing it no longer has a smooth motion.......oh well :-/

mr_pikachu
27th March 2010, 10:57 AM
Even though I pre-ordered my copy through Gamestop, I've had to take it slow due to grad school obligations. At present, I'm in Goldenrod working my way through Whitney's Gym. It's amazing how much harder the game when I force myself to keep a well-balanced team, actually... even the junior trainers (well, "Beauties" in this case) have every one of my team members out-leveled. Whitney's Miltank is going to be a major hassle, I'm sure.

(Thread is officially approved, ladies and gents.)

Ultimate Charizard
27th March 2010, 01:46 PM
I got mine Yesterday. Just whomped Whitney. Nowhere near as hard as it used to be but Milk Drink will get annoying. A decent fighter = win.

My team is balanced though i only have 5+ a HM slave atm (Geodude, Quilava, Flaafy, Wooper and Zubat) but apart from Geodude (who's 20) theyre all around lvl 16 and a few like Zubat havent really started getting their decent attacks yet so are being carried. And i dont plan on keeping Flaafy.

DarkestLight
27th March 2010, 05:04 PM
Im chillin, trying out this POkeathlon crap before I sit down and grind a bit so I can take on the E4 iwth a decent team-and not this crap of Meganium, Ampharos, Pidgeot and umm Sandslash. Oh and Gyarados shiny for HMness. Yeah Im seriously gonna make a much better in game team so I dun hafta put up with this win by 15 potion crap ever again.

Jeff
27th March 2010, 06:21 PM
Well, I'm close. The team's up to lv 76, except for Golem, who's lv 75. Got Red down to his Charizard, which was in the red after Crobat used Fly. Crobat was still at just about full HP, so I figured one more hit would do Charizard in, but on his turn he got me with one Blast Burn, I really should have used a revive. And Pikachu can still do a large amount of damage to Golem with Iron Tail, freaking rat.

Edit: ...!

Game time 98:10

Tales
28th March 2010, 01:59 AM
How did you level up to 76? Random grinding somewhere? If so, where? If not, how?

DivineAll
28th March 2010, 02:07 AM
I've gotten all 16 badges already, but I'm currently taking a break from training before training even more in preparation for the fight against Red. That, and I kind of need a map of Mt. Silver for where Moltres is in the mountain before taking on Red. So, I'm kinda waiting until I get an instruction book or until GameFAQs puts up some... sensible directions of where I need to go.

Jeff
28th March 2010, 06:33 AM
How did you level up to 76? Random grinding somewhere? If so, where? If not, how?

Just plain old level grinding at Mt. Silver.

DarkestLight
28th March 2010, 07:54 AM
Ok. Got my Lapras. Got my Marowak. In game team is gonna be nice :O. Now Im just levelling. Guess when they hit 40, coupled with Amphy and Pidgeot, I should be good for the league. Ice Beam love....

Still need a fifth...no Idea who that will be. Dun wanna level up my HMer too much, but Gyara does have his moments..

Tales
28th March 2010, 01:26 PM
Ah, thought so, thanks. You may want to level them to at least 45 depending on your moves. Lance has 3 Dragonites and it's a pain

Starry Might
29th March 2010, 11:56 AM
New highlights of my journey so far (as far as I can remember):

(1) Beat Whitney and got the Plain Badge. (I had to support Muscle/Machop with a Potion, but two Low Kicks dropped Miltank pretty easily otherwise.)

(2) Passed through National Park, but went back in on Saturday for the contest. (I didn't seriously compete...I just caught a Paras for my collection.)

(3) Boxed Muscle.

(4) Caught Sudowoodo.

(5) Caught Vulpix (who I plan to raise into Ninetales).

(6) Reached Ecruteak City.

(7) Went back to Bill's house in Goldenrod and got Eevee. (I've boxed him for now, but I plan to eventually trade him to my "Platinum" game long enough to raise him into a Leafeon, and then trade him back to my team.)

Oh, and in between (4) and (5), I did a double battle with two Beauties below Ecruteak (Callie and Kassandra), and it wound up being the most epically ridiculous fight I've had in "SS" so far...and maybe in my entire "Pokemon" playing days.

From what I can remember, I had Flaffy and Oddish against them, and things were pretty normal...until one Clefable hit Oddish (who I had use Acid) used Encore on him. That actually wouldn't have been so bad...

...If the other Clefable hadn't hit him with Disable! :o

So guess what? All Oddish could do was STRUGGLE!

And then, at one point, one of the Clefables used Metronome (the second time one of them did so in the fight) on Flaaffy...AND USED SACRED FIRE! :eek:

It did little damage, but Flaaffy got Burned. :mad:

So after struggling along with them and supporting them with Super Potions, I eventually subbed them both out. First, I switched Oddish to Geodude and used Magnitude, then switched Flaaffy to Pidgeotto to prevent collateral damage to my side. They soon finished off their last Pokemon (one of the Beauties' Wigglytuffs) with Sand-Attack and Magnitude.

WOW.

DarkestLight
29th March 2010, 01:22 PM
Now Im up to my Rival Battle with a horridly underleveled team. Lvl 33 Hera, Lapras and Maro and a lvl 40 Amphy and Pidgeot. Sadly enough I whipped my Rival until Typholsion came and said "HI I HAZ LAVA PLUME?"

All that means is that Perish Song goes into effect immediately when Typhol comes out. Sweet.

Ultimate Charizard
29th March 2010, 03:58 PM
Im 7 Gyms in, just hittign the Radio Tower and my team are all at a maximum of 28. Just replaced Quagsire with Lapras since im keeping Golem and dont want 2 ground types. I may end up switching back tbh but for now ill see how Lapras works out. Im also considering rolling Lugia in my main team, possibly to replace Ampharos since its not often i use Pure Electrics though that would give me 2 Flyers....

Currently im using.....
Tauros, Quilava, Graveller, Lapras, Flaffy, Crobat.

DarkestLight
29th March 2010, 06:32 PM
Reached a point in grinding where I'm irate at the game for not having a decent leveling area for 30+ Pokemon outside of Gravelers that like to go BOOM ><. Also mad at whoever thought it was funny for me to need Heart Scale to regive Hera Night Slash back, the hell he didn't have it to begin with, I dunno.

Yeah, I beat my Rival with that underdeveloped team, I have no fear about the E4 now-mainly cause Ima level til I get them all to 45. But that's where I need someones help. I need to trade that Pichu over-cause it has something I need. Id do the Arceus and the umm..wtf was the other thing, the Jirachi? as well right now, but most importantly, is that Pichu. I want it in here nao before I continue levelling.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
30th March 2010, 04:51 AM
Levelgrinding is the suck. I mostly beat the game (in previous editions, since I don't have HGSS yet) and then restart.

I want SS:(

Jeff
30th March 2010, 08:07 AM
Skipped the Unown sidequest originally, so I'm going back and doing it now. I have 15 forms, and two pages of notes in the report.

ChobiChibi
4th April 2010, 07:24 PM
I got SS 3 days ago, just got to Goldenrod after being pummeled by Bugsy, then showing that Scyther who's boss :3

I chose Chikorita, but had no problem with Falkner since I got a Pikachu from the Yellow Forest on the Pokewalker. I also used Pikachu as bait for Bugsy's Scyther. I let him U-turn me, and static paralyzed it in the death process :3 It therefore became slower and didn't U-turn as much. Silly Bugsy...

I currently have Bayleef, Poliwag (I fished through hundreds of Magikarps to find it, damnit!), Pikachu, Pidgeotto and Ratatta. My 6th member changes, but is currently Sentret, just for HM uses, but was Slowpoke for a bit. Just caught a Drowzee, so might start using that...

I don't plan to keep Ratatta. It can sit in my box for eternity once I find a replacement. And probably not Pidgeotto, since I don't tend to use flying types.

I can't wait til I can fetch me a Sneasel. And omg, Goldenrod City is HUGE D:

I caught all the Unowns in Crystal, I dunno whether I can be bothered to do it again... It is weirdly tempting... ><

Starry Might
7th April 2010, 10:29 AM
I chose Chikorita, but had no problem with Falkner since I got a Pikachu from the Yellow Forest on the Pokewalker. I also used Pikachu as bait for Bugsy's Scyther. I let him U-turn me, and static paralyzed it in the death process :3 It therefore became slower and didn't U-turn as much. Silly Bugsy...
Wow, interesting! :) (I dunno if I'll do the Pokewalker yet or not, myself.)

Anyhow, the most notable events that happened to me since last time:

(1) Vulpix is now caught up with the rest of my crew.

(2) Oddish turned into Gloom.

(3) Did the Burned Tower (I'll have to come back later with both Rock Smash AND Strength to fully clear it, though.)

(4) Beat the Team Rocket guy at the Dance Hall. (I've decided to use Spoiler Tags for story stuff that's definitely changed from the original "G/S/C/" from here on out.

I haven't played my "SoulSilver" since last Saturday, though...I need to get back to it! :o

Ultimate Charizard
7th April 2010, 11:43 AM
Currently bashing my head against the E4 with minimal cash and only a few heals/revives since its the best way to get good high XP numbers. Using this method i can reliably beat the first three of the 4, occaisionally getting to Lance. I know Lapras' Ice Beam is enough to one-shot a Dragonite its the fact shes not quick enough to hit it before she gets Thundered to oblivion.

Once im done there im gonna spend some time in the Battle Frontier so i can get some BP for certain Attacks. Tauros is gonna get Outrage and i need a few Elemental Punches.

Im also in desperate need of a Trade atm, either to evolve Graveller into a Golem so he's more effective or get the Gible i have waiting on Platinum over to SS so i can have a usefull and fast ground type.

Drusilla
7th April 2010, 03:41 PM
Just beat Surge last night, which was impressive seeing as my current team has a serious electric weakness. I need to edit my team a bit, but haven't decided who to take out and what to replace with. I have two flying types and one water. Might take Togetic out, not sure.

Making my way to Saffron now... yay.

DivineAll
7th April 2010, 05:05 PM
After a test battle against Red, I've decided to make a completely new team specifically built to battle him. Problem is the team in question I have in mind will take quite a while to make since I intend to raise them starting from level 1, which means a whole lot of breeding and even more training. Joy. On the plus side, it gives me the chance to upgrade my Safari Zone specs and fill out the Pokédex a little bit more.

Link
7th April 2010, 06:16 PM
So, I just caught Zapdos, and I am looking to go to Cerulean cave next to catch mewtwo. I figure that'll give me an edge in beating Red once i catch Mewtwo and level him up so that he'll learn Psychic. Red was tough because I haven't leveled some guys to where his levels are, so it is going to be a top thing on my list to get my guys up to level 70 and higher.

Poryhedron
7th April 2010, 08:00 PM
I've just recently defeated Team Rocket at the Radio Tower, and then made my way to Blackthorn. I wanted an edge against the dragons in the Gym, so I went to Goldenrod and played Voltorb Flip until I had enough Coins for an Ice Beam TM...and then, when I had it, I discovered that Togetic can't learn the move. :( (Graveler and Ampharos can't either, but that didn't surprise me.) So I looked through my PC boxes, found a Staryu I had caught in Route 47, taught it Surf and Ice Beam and am back to playing Voltorb Flip so I can round out its moveset with Thunderbolt. Once I've got that, I'll go to Ilex Forest for Spc.Atk EV training (Surfing in the small pond gets you encounters with Psyduck and the rare Golduck.) Hopefully, at some point Fisherman Tully will call to tell me he's found a Water Stone. That would please me.

CuteLassJigglypuff
8th April 2010, 02:18 PM
Last night, I've beaten the Elite 4. I'm about to go to the S.S. Aqua.

My current team is Meganium, Raikou, Togetic, Jirachi, Butterfree and Heracross. They are around level 65-66.

Blademaster
8th April 2010, 11:28 PM
Haven't read shit in this topic.

Just got SoulSilver today.

NOSTALGIA HERE I COME!!!!! :cawg:

Starry Might
10th April 2010, 08:17 AM
Haven't read [crud] in this topic.

Just got SoulSilver today.

NOSTALGIA HERE I COME!!!!! :cawg:
Have fun! :D

Anyhow, I'm still grinding in preparation for Morty and Co., but something notable did happen to me yesterday...I bumped into Entei in the first patch of grass on the route (dunno the number) west of Ecruteak, and boy was I surprised!

After a bit of deliberation, I was like "Ah, what the heck?", and tossed a Fast Ball...and for a moment there, it looked like I could have actually caught him, cause the ball shook a couple times! :o

But alas, he broke out and got away. :notfunny:

It would have been EPIC if I had succeeded, though! Oh well, back to the grind!

jane347
10th April 2010, 09:16 AM
Looks wonderful.
www.voguesale.com

DarkestLight
13th April 2010, 11:00 AM
I got all 16 badges, and I got Lugia and Zappy and I almost had Latias and Moltres I can't find cause I'm so mad I just got Rock Climb, and I hafta go through every damn cave again to get all those other frig gin items. I gotta do Rock Tunnel now-and then Dark Cave. Ugh -.-

Speaking of, ummm I haven't received a single Dusk Stone, and does anyone know how to get that item over to the right of the middle Mt Mortar Entrance? Kinda buggin me since I can't get over there. And is it true I can't find lvl 67 Dittos in Cerulean Cave anymore u_u. Sadness.?

Oh and haahaha I ran through MT silver catching a bunch of stuff and I ran up these one set of cliffs and I found Red and I battled him and his Pikachu was on lvl 88. I laughed and ran away. By ran away I mean turned off my DS(I saved, not that silly)

Jeff
13th April 2010, 11:05 AM
I got it, you have to go in the cave and come out a separate entrance that puts you right out in the area where the item is. Yeah, pretty vague, I don't remember the details.

Starry Might
14th April 2010, 08:00 AM
Okay, here are my milestones:

(1) Vulpix got Flamethrower, so now she can do some damage. :D

(2) Geodude evolved into Graveler. (I should trade-evolve her into Golem soon.)

(3) Beat the Ecruteak Gym. Most of the opposition wasn't to bad. and even Morty's Gengar wasn't too bad except it was a battle of attrition of sorts...

I sent in Flaaffy and had her use Thunder Wave to paralyze him (that messed him up several times in the fight), then I sent in Pidgeotto (figuring her Normal side would protect her from Shadow Ball), and used a mix of Sand-Attack (I messed him up pretty good with it...all his Sucker Punches and most of his Hypnosises failed!), Gust (STAB), and Twister (flinching attempts) on him, but it took awhile, partly because of low damage and partly 'cause (I think) first he ate a Sitrus Berry, and then later, Morty healed him with a Hyper Potion (at least it wasn't a Full Restore...THANK GOODNESS)! But I won!

Now I'm in Olivine City, doing the Lighthouse.

DarkestLight
17th April 2010, 10:03 AM
Yeah ok.

1) At Mt Silver. Training. Half disheartened, cause I tried time traveling to get the Gym Leaders numbers and I HATE DAISY cause she keeps time locking me out. I want to battle Green dammit.

2) Pondering what Pokemon I should train, for a better team to rumble against. Maybe just 3 of every type and mix n match from there.

3) Looking for Chansey. Sees its in a swarm. Now don't care about Chansey so much -.-

4) Still FlyPikahunting...-.-

5) Im down to help anyone with trades as I have about 4 or 5 that need to occur :o

Unbraced
17th April 2010, 10:18 AM
Making my way to Blackthorn. Can't wait to teach sudowoodo wood hammer/till it learns hammer arm, then I'm changing it's nickname.

Cookie to who a guess what I'm changing it to.

Ultimate Charizard
17th April 2010, 11:12 AM
Currently going after Blaine.

Got Surfachu, Modest Nature and HP Fire and levelled it to 45, looking for a Thunderstone and probably something to repace HP since its not that effective even against Grass types.

Now starting to level Aerodactyl and have learned that my team, has a definite weakness to Water...

In need of finding an Earthquake TM since my Garchomp doesnt have a Ground attack and also a few more TM's here or there as well as BP for Tauros's Outrage.

Knight of Time
17th April 2010, 04:21 PM
I just got both games, I'm currently working on HeartGold, but I barely got into it, I just got past the first rival battle with a L10 Cyndaquil (planning to get the other two starters using my DS, the other DS in my house, and SoulSilver, so that I get all three Pokemon in both games). Smokescreen owned Totodile.

Blademaster
18th April 2010, 06:12 AM
Still not reading much in this topic to avoid spoilers, but I just made it to Mt. Mortar for the first time and... My team is all at about LV30.

On a scale of 1-10, how fucked am I?

Starry Might
18th April 2010, 07:36 AM
@ Blademaster: I dunno. *SHRUGS*

Anyhoo, now I'm on my way to Cianwood City. The Lighthouse flummoxed me for a couple days until I figured out how to go further in it. ;)

DarkestLight
18th April 2010, 08:14 AM
Still not reading much in this topic to avoid spoilers, but I just made it to Mt. Mortar for the first time and... My team is all at about LV30.

On a scale of 1-10, how fucked am I?

1) Did you beat Morty yet?

2) Who's on your team?

Then we can say yes or no :o

Jeff
18th April 2010, 08:43 AM
^- I dunno. *SHRUGS*

Anyhoo, now I'm on my way to Cianwood City. The Lighthouse flummoxed me for a couple days until I figured out how to go further in it. ;)

That part took me forever to figure out, I had to Google it. The 3D was pretty impressive though. The top of the Pokemon mansion in Celadon, and the top of the Tin Bell Tower, are also 3D. Makes for a neat mini preview of Black and White.

DarkestLight
18th April 2010, 08:59 AM
Celado--O snap! I never went there. ::Does now.::

Starry Might
18th April 2010, 09:03 AM
That part took me forever to figure out, I had to Google it. The 3D was pretty impressive though. The top of the Pokemon mansion in Celadon, and the top of the Tin Bell Tower, are also 3D. Makes for a neat mini preview of Black and White.
Yeah, I thought of "Black/White" when I saw that part of the Lighthouse, too!

I haven't gotten far enough to see those other two, though. Thanks for the spoilers. :notfunny: (LOL ;))

Blademaster
18th April 2010, 10:10 AM
1) Did you beat Morty yet?

...I said Mt. Mortar. Not Ecruteak. How would I even be at Mt. Mortar if I can't use Surf or Strength yet?

2) Who's on your team?

Togetic, Quilava, Slowpoke, and Ampharos. I have a Geodude and a Bellsprout/Psyduck for HM usage, as well.

Starry Might
18th April 2010, 02:21 PM
...I said Mt. Mortar. Not Ecruteak. How would I even be at Mt. Mortar if I can't use Surf or Strength yet?
You can actually visit it as soon as you arrive in Ecruteak, but obviously, you can't explore the whole thing without Surf and Strength.

P.S. - I'm in Cianwood, got the SecretPotion, and beat Eusine. Now I'm leveling in preparation for Chuck and Co. at the Gym.

DarkestLight
18th April 2010, 03:32 PM
You can actually visit it as soon as you arrive in Ecruteak, but obviously, you can't explore the whole thing without Surf and Strength.

Thank you. I didnt know if you obtained everything yet. I ran though quite a bit of Mt Mortar and went to Mahogany first before dealing with Morty.

Amphy ftw, Slowpoke ok..Quilava will get you out of pinches, and Togetic, damn you can't give it Aura Sphere yet. You should be fine.

Ultimate Charizard
18th April 2010, 03:41 PM
Togetic is your greatest weapon against Morty. Makes his Shadowball useless and it has a Psychic attack.

The only problem is he will then resort to Hypnosis/Dream Eater ALL THE DAMN TIME!

As for myself, ive beaten all the Gyms, im just doing some team training before i take on the E4 again and go after Red. Then i find out what else there is to do etc....

Current Team - Garchomp, Typhlosion, Tauros, Raichu, Aerodactyl and Lapras.

Unbraced
18th April 2010, 05:49 PM
Togetic is your greatest weapon against Morty. Makes his Shadowball useless and it has a Psychic attack.

The only problem is he will then resort to Hypnosis/Dream Eater ALL THE DAMN TIME!

As for myself, ive beaten all the Gyms, im just doing some team training before i take on the E4 again and go after Red. Then i find out what else there is to do etc....

Current Team - Garchomp, Typhlosion, Tauros, Raichu, Aerodactyl and Lapras.

In HG. In SS i'd Meowth is best. Normal type, has bite when you catch it, very fast. Teach it heatbutt and it becomes pretty powerful

ShinyHunter
19th April 2010, 05:58 PM
I currently have 5 Kanto badges and resetting for a shiny suicune. I like shiny pokemon, hence my name. Also I am new :D

Blademaster
20th April 2010, 09:31 AM
Sup newbie. Enjoy your stay in our humble shithole. :D

I've almost reached Pryce's Gym and am questioning my Quilava's abilities... I SHOULD blow more time and effort on a Flamethrower TM, but I'm impatient, so I'm just gonna save up for my beloved Ice Beam and hope Flame Wheel can do the trick in the meantime.

EDIT: Forgot about Lava Plume. I'm good now.

DivineAll
20th April 2010, 01:58 PM
Currently in the process of getting a Shiny Stone to evolve Togetic into Togekiss to use against Red. 5 team members down. One left to go. All I need is a Level 1 Riolu, or a Female Lucario. Does anyone have either? I'm getting really impatient and desperate now.

Starry Might
21st April 2010, 09:40 AM
Here's where I'm at:

(1) Flaaffy is now Ampharos.

(2) Croconaw is now Feraligatr.

(3) Chuck's Storm Badge is now mine. He was the first Gym Leader I had trouble with, BTW...I actually reset my game once 'cause his Primape's darn Double Team/Focus Punch combo pwned two of my Pokemon, but I tried a different strategy and won the second time. (It still wasn't easy, though... :notfunny:)

(4) Boxed Gloom (who actually helped me against Chuck's Poliwrath, mainly by stalling while I revived and healed others before fainting) and got out Eevee (who has an Everstone to [hopefully] prevent a rogue Espeon/Umbreon evolution). I'm standing before the first patch of grass in the first route, ready to level him up. Once he's level 28 and on the verge of evolution, I plan to take the Everstone back from him, trade him to my "Platinum" game so he can become Leafeon (and maybe learn stuff from the Pastoria Move Tutor). This is the first time I'm gonna have an Eeveelution in a main "Pokemon" game...wish me luck! :D

Blademaster
21st April 2010, 11:37 AM
Good luck.

ChobiChibi
21st April 2010, 06:41 PM
Today I went up the lighthouse in Olivine, Surfed my way over to Cianwood, stole the girl's Shuckle, pwned Chuck (Chuck Norris my ass... Also, Black Belt Nob! *dies*), pwned Esuine, headed back to Olivine, saved Amphy...

After finding Jasmine's Magnemite to be too much (omg how FAIL does that make me D: ), I wandered off on a training mission. Went and surfed over to Mahogany Town for shiggles, exploring the middle of the Mt Mortar caves and finding some yummy items. My mother phoned me about 6 times in a row for random items, the 7th time giving me a Moon Stone (coulda been a water stone, bitch D: *stares at Poliwhirl*). Went down to Goldenrod Dept Store to get the Thunder TM, but decided against it when I discovered it was 1 level off learning Thunderbolt. Wandered south of Goldenrod on a Pikachu training mission, only to find mofo Raikou in the grass. Found that my Pikachu was faster than it. At level 25. Win. Slam missed though...

So now I've wandered back to Olivine, having picked up Bill's Eevee (which is female!!! My first female Eevee! SQUEEEEEE!!) which I may contemplate training in the future.

My banner lies. I have 5 Badges, in Olivine City with a Pikachu, Sneasel, Haunter, Poliwhirl, Charmeleon and Bayleef. All at level 26/27. What a productive day! :D

DivineAll
21st April 2010, 10:07 PM
Okay, I've hatched my final new team member, got most of my overall team leveled up a bit, and will face Red when I'm good and ready. Problem is... I'm fighting mainly wild Pokémon... which is a bit tedious... and the S.S. Aqua doesn't allow you re-fight their trainers every trip, like the original games. I need to find someplace new where there are plenty of trainers you can battle repetitively. Does anyone know of a place... besides the Fighting Dojo?

DarkestLight
21st April 2010, 10:38 PM
Uhhh what? I thought they respawned. They have for me? Or maybe I never took the boat back to Olivine twice...

Otherwise, you can refight the people on your cell...Im sure there's a list of who you can call at what time and when you can refight them. Their levels go up to the 50's and 60's pretty quick..

Blademaster
22nd April 2010, 08:27 AM
I'm at the top of the Radio Tower now, about to face the Rockets one more time.

I was wrong, incindentally. After a particularly lucky streak at Voltorb Flip and shopping for a few potent TM's, my team is now more or less... Well... God.

Typhlosion has Lava Plume, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, and Swift.
Slowbro has Surf, Ice Beam, Yawn, and Zen Headbutt.
Togetic has Fly, Extrasensory, Shadow Ball, and Roost.
And Ampharos has Rain Dance, Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Focus Blast.

We're ready to rumble. :hellyeah:

ChobiChibi
26th April 2010, 07:37 PM
Currently in the Rocket Base in Mahogany Town, following Lance around. Can't wait to get out and beat up Pryce. Pikachu will come in handy, only worried about his Piloswine, but if all else fails, Charmeleon's Dragon Rage wins.

Banner is again wrong. 6 badges, Pokemon the same though. Contemplating evolving my Haunter sooner rather than later, but gonna do it when the bf is ready to evolve his, since it would be useful to us both... Jasmine went down easily this time, since Charmeleon finally learnt Fire Fang. And Surfed the Steelix to death. Anyone else think the Steelix sprite is really creepy? I dun like it. It glares at me.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/10/Spr_4h_208_m.png

Oh, out of curiosity, does anyone else get redirected from bulbapedia to a page telling you that the site contains malware? I was searching for Sneasel earlier and it kept redirecting, but not always straight away... I'm using Google Chrome if that makes any difference...

Also, I think Sneasels should learn Close Combat. Just gonna throw that one out there.

DarkestLight
2nd May 2010, 09:03 PM
No. Sneasel's arms are too spindly to learn Clo...

::Looks at Hera:: Err maybe. I take that back. Maybe they should. Or Extremespeed at the very least.

I just beat Red. 3 weeks later -.-.....Teal all in low 60's. That was positively one of the most strategic battles I ever had to fight. Stupid Venu almost ruining me due to Sleep Powder, but MEGAHORN SAVES LIVES!

DivineAll
2nd May 2010, 11:05 PM
Still collecting BP... I'm about a third of the way there of collecting all the BP I need too, then it's back to level grinding. Joy.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd May 2010, 03:51 AM
I've always wondered how people can turn on their Gameboy for three weeks and do nothing but levelgrinding. I can't do that even if it's only for an hour.

DarkestLight
3rd May 2010, 06:40 AM
Sometimes, you gotta do it. Least you can rebattle the Gym Leaders and get some good EXP that way. Now that I beat Red by the skin of my teeth, I can re battle the E4. That'll be nice as well. 70's no problem!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd May 2010, 10:18 AM
I can levelgrind in the progress of the game, like say, raising my Chikorita till l.15 before Falkner. As soon as there's nothing more to 'conquer', my interest fades and I restart with different pokemon.

Ultimate Charizard
3rd May 2010, 11:11 AM
Im like that but im currently going through the process of finding and rematching all the gym leaders. Theres a cool double battle between yourself and your rival vs Lance and Clair if you go back to the Dragons Den but id advise being about lvl 60/70.

Blademaster
3rd May 2010, 03:45 PM
I just beat my second Kanto Gym Leader. My team is averaging around LV. 47-48.

It'd be nice if I could find a Goddamn Shiny Stone somewhere to evolve Togetic with... Where the Hell are they...

Also, weirdness: In a double battle on Route 6 yesterday, I used Earthquake. It hit the enemies' Plusle and Minun, obviously... But it also hit my Togetic. Now, Earthquake is a Ground move, and I double-checked: Togetic is Normal/Flying... So what the fuck?

DivineAll
3rd May 2010, 04:02 PM
I just beat my second Kanto Gym Leader. My team is averaging around LV. 47-48.

It'd be nice if I could find a Goddamn Shiny Stone somewhere to evolve Togetic with... Where the Hell are they...

Also, weirdness: In a double battle on Route 6 yesterday, I used Earthquake. It hit the enemies' Plusle and Minun, obviously... But it also hit my Togetic. Now, Earthquake is a Ground move, and I double-checked: Togetic is Normal/Flying... So what the fuck?

You can Shiny Stones easy from the Pokéathlon Dome by paying 3000 points on certain days. It seems expensive, but it really isn't. As for that Double Battle mishap, I dunno, maybe Gravity was in effect or something?

Blademaster
4th May 2010, 04:56 PM
Unless Gravity is an Ability Plusle/Minun have (which I know they don't), that's not it.

Any tips on an easy way to rack up Pokeathlon points?

Poryhedron
4th May 2010, 08:57 PM
You hadn't used Roost, had you?

Blademaster
5th May 2010, 04:34 AM
..."The Pokemon LANDS and restores HP."...?

...REALLY? I mean REALLY, GameFreak?

Starry Might
5th May 2010, 11:48 AM
Sometimes, you gotta do it. Least you can rebattle the Gym Leaders and get some good EXP that way. Now that I beat Red by the skin of my teeth, I can re battle the E4. That'll be nice as well. 70's no problem!
I know I'm nowhere NEAR that point of the game, but I gotta ask the question anyway...

Can you rematch Gym Leaders more than once?

Anyhow, the most important things that happened to me since I last posted were:

(1) Got Leafeon!

(2) Got Golem!

(3) Reached the Safari Zone and did Baoba's Owner Aptitude quests.

Right now, I'm grinding in the grass below the Safari Zone, then it's off to the Olivine Gym!

DivineAll
5th May 2010, 01:35 PM

I checked beforehand, and yes, you can rematch them practically an infinite amount of times, especially when their schedules allow them to do so.

DarkestLight
5th May 2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah, right now I'm just calling them and saving them up so I can hit them up gauntlet style. Green gives crazy good Exp

DivineAll
5th May 2010, 11:15 PM
I just noticed something after battling in the Battle Frontier for so long: the rental Pokémon you get from the Battle Factory are practically the same Pokémon the opponents use in all the other Battle areas. It's true. I can almost swear, I fought an Aipom with the moves Thunder Wave, Double Hit, U-Turn, and Fake Out in one of the others areas and that same Aipom was up for rental in the Battle Factory. It's bizarre... O_O

Starry Might
6th May 2010, 09:33 AM
I checked beforehand, and yes, you can rematch them practically an infinite amount of times, especially when their schedules allow them to do so.

Yeah, right now I'm just calling them and saving them up so I can hit them up gauntlet style. Green gives crazy good Exp
:dance: WOO-HOO!! :dance:

Thanks for the info, guys! :D

Anyhow, I beat Jasmine (piece of cake!), and I'm now gonna do Mt. Mortar (I've been there before, but not with the right HMs to go further).

I've got another question, though. I wanna raise the Tyrogue I'll win in there into a Hitmonchan, 'cause I'm very interested in using him since the 4th Gen's Physical/Special system change makes his elemental punches (gasp!) viable attack options. :)

Thing is, I want Hitmonchan to have the Iron Fist Ability instead of Keen Eye, to power up his punch-based moves. However, Tyrogue has two possible Abilities of his own: Guts and Steadfast.

How does it work when one Pokemon has two possible Abilities, but its evolution(s) has/have two TOTALLY different Abilities of their own at the point of evolution? In this case, when Tyrogue evolves, will one of Hitmonchan's Abilities be randomly assigned at the point of evolution, or will Hitmonchan's Ability be predestined from the moment I receive Tyrogue?

Jeff
6th May 2010, 11:28 AM
As I understand it, that ability that Tyrogue has determines the ability it'll have as a Hitmonchan. In this case, you want Steadfast, because a Tyroge with Steadfast will have Iron Fist after evolving.

Knight of Time
7th May 2010, 02:45 PM
Well, I'm a bit further in HG, while taking a break from going after the eighth badge, I went onto Route 38 with my Frisk Stantler, scouting for some wild Pokemon with held items.

Anyway, earlier today I caught a Magnemite holding a Metal Coat, then I eventually found and caught a Farfetch'd holding a Stick (just to have one with its rather rare item), and then, I found a Raticate I found was holding a Chilan Berry. But that's not all...the Raticate was found to be shiny! So I caught that one too, but being as I already have a Raticate, I'm at a bit of a crossroads, what to do when you have a Pokemon raised from its first form, and you end up finding a shiny of the final form at a level lower than the level it'd normally evolve at? The shiny Raticate I caught is at L16, of course.

Starry Might
7th May 2010, 04:52 PM
As I understand it, that ability that Tyrogue has determines the ability it'll have as a Hitmonchan. In this case, you want Steadfast, because a Tyroge with Steadfast will have Iron Fist after evolving.
Really?

Thanks!

Anyhow, since I don't have Waterfall (grr), it looks like it'll be awhile before I can even get him in the first place. :notfunny: So I moved on to Mahogany Town, caught the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage, and am currently going through the Rocket Hideout.

Well, I'm a bit further in HG, while taking a break from going after the eighth badge, I went onto Route 38 with my Frisk Stantler, scouting for some wild Pokemon with held items.

Anyway, earlier today I caught a Magnemite holding a Metal Coat, then I eventually found and caught a Farfetch'd holding a Stick (just to have one with its rather rare item), and then, I found a Raticate I found was holding a Chilan Berry. But that's not all...the Raticate was found to be shiny! So I caught that one too, but being as I already have a Raticate, I'm at a bit of a crossroads, what to do when you have a Pokemon raised from its first form, and you end up finding a shiny of the final form at a level lower than the level it'd normally evolve at? The shiny Raticate I caught is at L16, of course.
Well personally, I'd keep them both. :keke:

Oh, and congrats on being so lucky! :D

MeLoVeGhOsTs
11th May 2010, 11:10 AM
finally playing HG.

I'm at Radio Tower now for Team Rocket.

Umbreon, Croconaw and Ambipom all l.38.

This is the best game ever.

*faints*

Starry Might
19th May 2010, 10:06 AM
^- Woo-hoo, glad you like it. :D

Anyhow, I've long since conquered the Mahogany TR base, and I was leveling my guys in preparation for the Gym. (Is Level 40 too low?)

However, the other evening, I decided to check my "Platinum" game to see if Phanpys were Swarming (stupid Nintendo HAD to switch Phanpy and Teddiursa's exclusivities around in "HG/SS"! :mad:), and I was delighted to see that they were, indeed! (My "Platinum" must be Psychic-type. ;))

Anyhoo, after spending much time looking for - and finally getting - an Adamant Phanpy, I traded him to "SS", and now I'm leveling him. So sorry, Pryce, you're gonna have to wait a while!

On a side note, while I was leveling Phanpy below Goldenrod City last night, Liz the Picnicker called me and asked me if I thought Falkner was cool and handsome, told me that his dad is supposedly even more so, and that she wanted to meet him (the latter, probably). Boy, was I surprised! :eek:

I have read in the past on Falkner's Bulbapedia (and Wikipedia?) entry that in the games, something like that is said. But I had never encountered such dialogue until now, and if I did before, I had since forgotten it. I don't think I will this time, though.

Oh, and YES, LIZ, I DO THINK FALKNER IS COOL AND HANDSOME!! :love: :heh:

(As for his dad...I'll believe it if I see it. ;))

Okay, sorry for that fangirl tangent. :lookout: Later, I'll level Phanpy some more. :)

EDIT/UPDATE: I'm playing my "SS" as I type this, and I'm leveling Phanpy in the grass below Ecruteak.

Just moments ago, I bumped into Raikou (the first time this has happened), and I decided to throw a Fast Ball to see if it could catch him.

:eek: IT DID. :eek:

:243: :dance: E-P-I-C! :dance: :243:

Okay, back to training Phanpy! :231: :D

P.S. - Off-topic, but I've just noticed that there are Smilies of some of the Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon now. Sweet.

Murcielago
19th May 2010, 09:17 PM
Fast ball win^

Starry Might
20th May 2010, 09:44 AM
Fast ball win^
:keke: YES. :keke:

Wanna hear about some more win that happened the same day? After I caught Raikou, I talked to my Phanpy, and it turned out he found a Shiny Leaf (my first ever)! :eek:

After that, I talked to him a few more times, and he acted super-happy and loving! :D (He calmed down after I moved from where I was standing in the grass, though.)

Ownage.

Now I'm in Mt. Mortar to train some more. Only 5 more levels until Phanpy becomes Donphan!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
20th May 2010, 10:50 AM
I really admire the slow tempo you're playing HG. I bet it makes some good quality time-spending.

Starry Might
21st May 2010, 09:49 AM
I really admire the slow tempo you're playing HG. I bet it makes some good quality time-spending.
Wow, thanks. :keke:

I guess I don't have to worry about being behind, after all! :D

Anyhoo, Phanpy is now Donphan! :232:

I've got a question, though...if I trade him back to "Platinum" at some point to do Move Tutor stuff, will he lose his Shiny Leaf?

Blademaster
21st May 2010, 09:57 AM
I have 80 hours logged in just doing the main quest because I explore every last inch and talk to every NPC. It's great.

I'd like to get my team up to LV65 before taking on the E4 again. After that and a few Gym Leader rematches, I'll be ready for the battle with Red.

We're in the home stretch, Knux...

DarkestLight
22nd May 2010, 12:05 PM

I've got a question, though...if I trade him back to "Platinum" at some point to do Move Tutor stuff, will he lose his Shiny Leaf?

No. He shouldn't, since that's exclusive to HG/SS. I'm not 100% on that though

Starry Might
2nd June 2010, 11:56 AM

No. He shouldn't, since that's exclusive to HG/SS. I'm not 100% on that though
I see.

Anyhow, I'm not worrying about that right now, 'cause I've been busy with other stuff in the game:

(1) Beat Mahogany Gym (Pryce was pretty easy, but the puzzle in his room was harder than it should have been for me.)

(2) Liberated the Goldenrod Radio Tower from Team Rocket.

(3) My Vulpix finally learned Extrasensory, so I evolved her into Ninetales using a Fire Stone I traded from my "Platinum" game along with the Phanpy who grew into my Donphan. :038:

(4) Beat Blackthorn Gym (my Ampharos's battle with Clair's Kingdra proved to be a health see-saw, but I prevailed in the end!).

(5) Got Tyrogue from the Karate King (had to reset a couple of times to get one with Steadfast), and I'm doing my best to raise his Defense EVs so he can become Hitmonchan. (Iron is expensive! Fighting Geodudes, on the other hand, is not.)

(6) Got the Master Ball.

(7) Beat the Kimono Girls. (I used Spoiler tags 'cause you fight them way later in "HG/SS" than you did in "G/S/C".)

And there you go!

Blademaster
2nd June 2010, 09:35 PM
You can fight them...? Excellent, that means more EXP for my team.

I've been steadily raising their levels and they're all in the upper 60's now. Once we finish rematching Gym Leaders (Falkner, Whitney, Erika, and Blue are the only ones I have yet to fight again.), we're tackling the E4 one more time.

Then, it's on to Mt. Silver...

Starry Might
9th June 2010, 11:47 AM
You can fight them...? Excellent, that means more EXP for my team.
Who? The Kimono Girls?

Anyhow, I finally evolved my Tyrogue into Hitmonchan!

Blademaster
9th June 2010, 12:11 PM
Beat Red, every Gym Leader rematch, the E4 twice, and got a Bulbasaur and a Treecko in Kanto.

After 90 hours, I think I'm done with this game.

DarkestLight
10th June 2010, 06:27 AM
o.o Did you get your Kyogre/Groudon Blade?

Ayeun
10th June 2010, 07:42 AM
Just started my 7th run through. Decided to make it hard, so I transfered in a team of level 10's, with me having no badges.

Dratini
Bagon
Gibble
Bedlum
Lavartar
Duskull

Currently at level 30ish, and havent beat Morty yet...

Blademaster
10th June 2010, 02:17 PM
...You can get Kyogre/Groudon?

Jeff
10th June 2010, 02:43 PM
http://www.thepokemasters.net/games/hgss/legendaries.php

Which reminds me, if anyone has HeartGold, I need to borrow your Kyogre for Jade Orb purposes.

DarkestLight
10th June 2010, 06:13 PM
Jeff, lets trade. I need Groudon for the same reason.

Jeff
10th June 2010, 08:12 PM
Sure, I'll be on AIM.

DarkestLight
10th June 2010, 09:36 PM
Rayquaza is gei ><. Sick of rest.

Jeff
10th June 2010, 09:52 PM
Dear Rayquaza,

Please stop using Rest. It's f***ing annoying.

Your friend,
Jeff

Yeah, same problem here. About the 4th reset and nothing.

Edit: And if it's not resting it's killing itself in confusion. Now I remember why I used the Master Ball on it in Emerald.

Edit again: Victory! :D

Blademaster
10th June 2010, 10:14 PM
I just recently talked to Mr. Pokemon and all he said was something about not knowing the Kimono Girls. I talked to them and got a bunch of "Thank you."'s and nothing more.

Jeff
10th June 2010, 10:16 PM
Hm... have you beaten Red yet?

Edit: Ah, you have. I'll have to look into it...

Edit 2: All I've turned up is that you need to have the national 'dex, beaten Red, and gotten your Kanto starter from Oak.

Rossymore
23rd June 2010, 07:40 AM
Now that I have Hg, I can finally post in this place.

I've had the game since Sunday and Iiiiiiiiiii'm lovin' it. I've gotten to Ecreteak, but I'm not sure a team of Bayleef, Pidgeotto, Slowpoke and Nidorino can beat Morty.

Nonetheless, it's fantastic...but I got Hg, which needs Groudon...and I've got Sapphire. That doesn't really work...I think I need to find my Emerald game.

Also, since I'll be using a Magnemite/Magneton in my team, is it possible to get a Magnezone before the E4, or must I wait for the damn National Dex? At least I know my Misdreavus will be waiting a while to evolve anyway.

Starry Might
23rd June 2010, 12:01 PM
Also, since I'll be using a Magnemite/Magneton in my team, is it possible to get a Magnezone before the E4, or must I wait for the damn National Dex? At least I know my Misdreavus will be waiting a while to evolve anyway.
It should be possible for you to trade your Magneton over to "Diamond/Pearl/Platinum" long enough to evolve it and then trade it back with no problem (other than it won't appear in the Johto Pokedex when you look at it). I've got a Leafeon on my team, and I don't have the National Pokedex yet, either.

Anyhoo, I've caught Lugia (as I discovered for myself when I tried to go on ahead to Kanto, I HAD to deal with him before I can even go there this time around!), and it actually wound up being way easier than I thought it'd be!

Having then successfully traversed Kanto and Victory Road (routing my rival Blake again in the latter), I'm now leveling my Pokemon there. Once they're all level 50, I'm challenging the Elite 4! :D

Rossymore
24th June 2010, 04:38 AM
Sweet. Thanks Starry.

Anyways, defeated Morty using Pidgeotto as a staller. I'm thankful his Gengar didn't have Dream Eater. Guess Nidorino learned Shadow Claw for nothing...

Got PolesApart the Magnemite which has an almost useless ability, but oh well, Sonicboom just kicks ass.

Onwards to Olivine!

DarkestLight
24th June 2010, 06:14 AM
Hm... have you beaten Red yet?

Edit: Ah, you have. I'll have to look into it...

Edit 2: All I've turned up is that you need to have the national 'dex, beaten Red, and gotten your Kanto starter from Oak.

And your Hoenn starter. Thats how the event for kyo/gro is activated, IIRC

classy_cat18
24th June 2010, 03:03 PM
I know I shouldn't say this here, knowing that most people are just about done with the game, but...Chuck is EVIL. OMG, the fighting Pokemon have gotten pretty fierce now that Hitmonchan has that trait that powers up his punching moves and elemental punches on his side! I'll have to level everyone up to L30 to have a chance!

Right now my team is: Quagsire, Togetic, Quilava, Flaaffy, Umbreon, and an undecided sixth. At first it was Weepinbell, but now I think I'll trade in a Riolu or a better Grass type.

DarkestLight
24th June 2010, 09:14 PM
Oh yeah-Chuck pissed me off for a while. I had to spam Fly so he could stop that Ice Punch death uppercut crap.

classy_cat18
25th June 2010, 12:38 AM
BUT I CAN'T GET FLY UNTIL I BEAT HIM! AAAARGH!

That's it! I'm turning to my Diamond version and breeding me a Spiritomb! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Blademaster
25th June 2010, 02:03 AM
Why the fuck are random posts of mine getting DELETED? :mad2:

Rossymore
25th June 2010, 04:26 AM
Strange...I didn't find Chuck that difficult. His Primeape wasn't that difficult and his Poliwrath gave me a small amount of trouble, but his Focus Punch made things easier to me. Damn you Pidwidgeon, why must you miss with Tackle???

Jasmine was even easier. Whoo, Double Kick Nidorino ftw. Now time to change my DS time to night and grab a Misdreavus.

DarkestLight
25th June 2010, 06:30 AM
BUT I CAN'T GET FLY UNTIL I BEAT HIM! AAAARGH!

That's it! I'm turning to my Diamond version and breeding me a Spiritomb! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

My fault. I didn't mean fly. I meant something else that Pidgeotto learned...Dun remember now. It was some flying move I was just like "Gonna keep doing until you die!"

Starry Might
25th June 2010, 12:34 PM
:dance: :dance:

After getting my guys to Level 50 and preparing with items the night before, I beat the Elite 4 last night! (It wasn't always easy, of course, but I prevailed in the end!)

I liked the ending credits, too (especially when Falkner showed up at one point <3 ^_~).

Oh, BTW, I was shocked when Bruno's Machamp hit my Pidgeot with Rock Slide while she was using Fly! I'm thinking No Guard is the culprit here, and I'm now wondering if something like that has happened to me in another game before... :confused:

Sweet. Thanks Starry.

Anyways, defeated Morty using Pidgeotto as a staller. I'm thankful his Gengar didn't have Dream Eater. Guess Nidorino learned Shadow Claw for nothing...
You're welcome. Oh, and my Pidgeotto (now Pidgeot) did me proud against Morty, too!

I know I shouldn't say this here, knowing that most people are just about done with the game, but...Chuck is EVIL. OMG, the fighting Pokemon have gotten pretty fierce now that Hitmonchan has that trait that powers up his punching moves and elemental punches on his side! I'll have to level everyone up to L30 to have a chance!

Oh yeah-Chuck [cheesed] me off for a while. I had to spam Fly so he could stop that Ice Punch death uppercut crap.

Strange...I didn't find Chuck that difficult. His Primeape wasn't that difficult and his Poliwrath gave me a small amount of trouble, but his Focus Punch made things easier to me. [Darn] you Pidwidgeon, why must you miss with Tackle???

Jasmine was even easier. Whoo, Double Kick Nidorino ftw. Now time to change my DS time to night and grab a Misdreavus.[/QUOTE]
I kinda had trouble with Chuck, too, but it was BECAUSE of Focus Punch! :o (Jasmine was easy, though.)

Oh, and Rossy, I'm currently reading "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince", so I was amused to read that one of your Pokemon is nicknamed "Pidwidgeon". :D

Jeff
25th June 2010, 01:04 PM
Still trying to get Blue's number, the last one I need.

I've gotten my 5 massages already, I didn't realize they all had to be to the same Pokemon. :grumble: Hopefully, I'll have it soon.

Edit: Done! That was easy. Now time to wait for Sunday so I can call him for the rematch.

DivineAll
27th June 2010, 01:29 AM
Argh... just barely beat Red with all my team at roughly Level 66. Took a lot of luck, skill, breeding, training, and a couple of healing items, but I did it. I knew I should have took him on after leveling up to around 80 to make it easier, but I'm kind of a video game masochist at times. Still, woot!

Starry Might
28th June 2010, 12:20 PM
^- Congrats. :)

Anyway, I'm now in Vermilion City! :D

Perfect Chaos
29th June 2010, 10:28 PM
I got HG a few weeks back and love all the new changes that have been added to it.

Right now just beat Whitney for my 3rd badge. My team as of now is:

Gastly Lvl. 17
Flaafy Lvl. 18
Quilava Lvl. 19
Pigeotto Lvl. 19
Bellsprout Lvl. 19
Sandshrew Lvl. 6 (HM Slave)

I always like to have my Pokemon at least 2 levels above the next Gym Leader's strongest Pokemon (in this case Morty's lvl 25 Gengar) but its so damn hard to lvl them up equally.

Any tips for leveling before Morty? (Trainers/Routes)

Also any suggestions on what I should change on my team? (Add/Remove)

Thanks!

Rossymore
29th June 2010, 11:17 PM
So then, all Gym Leaders defeated, all numbers obtained (excluding Blue's), all Legendaries captured (excluding Entei and Latias). All Pokemon mid 50s and I've got a LOT of training to do before I can even hope to damage Red.

Fought him when I first got to Mt. Silver, and his Pikachu wrecked my whole team before Nidoking knocked him out with Earthquake. Argh!

Blademaster
30th June 2010, 06:39 PM
...Why wouldn't you just send out Nidoking first?

DarkestLight
30th June 2010, 06:46 PM
He knows that now.

Rossymore
30th June 2010, 08:01 PM
I did send him out first...and got knocked out by Iron Tail. Then I sent out Magneton and paralysed the damn thing, revived Nidoking, took it out with Earthquake...then got PWNed by Blastoise.

Whoo...

Anyways, I've fought Chuck five times today...I think it's time to stop.

Ayeun
30th June 2010, 08:42 PM
Bit of an update... Took to training against the league, as one does with HGSS and the money bank that is your mum...

First attempt though, all about the 50 mark... And I am the new champion. No items, no heals... WTF?

On a side note, Lance's team is WEAK against rock moves.

Blademaster
1st July 2010, 11:14 AM
I did send him out first...and got knocked out by Iron Tail. Then I sent out Magneton and paralysed the damn thing, revived Nidoking, took it out with Earthquake...then got PWNed by Blastoise.

Whoo...

You need to properly train, son. Like I did.

By buying 50 Full Restores, Hyper Potions, and Revives, and 30 Full Heals. Not even Red can defeat THAT awesome strategy. :hellyeah:

Bit of an update... Took to training against the league, as one does with HGSS and the money bank that is your mum...

First attempt though, all about the 50 mark... And I am the new champion. No items, no heals... WTF?

...I need to see a team before I can believe this. I can understand plowing through Will and Bruno with no healing, but Karen's a vicious bitch, Koga whores out status attacks like no tomorrow, and Lance... Eh, not so much tough as he is an Uber-abusing asshole that likes to pull random elemental bitchslap attacks out of his ass no matter what you send at him.

Rossymore
1st July 2010, 01:07 PM
Training? That's what I'm doing. I was just seeing how quickly I could get decimated.

For me, Karen was the hardest. Umbreon was so...urgh! Lance was also a bitch as the only Pokemon that has an ice type move is Slowbro with Avalanche, which is a good combination as you know Slowbro will go second.

Other then that, the E4 wasn't that hard.

Blademaster
2nd July 2010, 08:41 AM
I know the pain. I used a team of Typhlosion, Slowbro, Ampharos, and Togekiss. My last 2 slots were held by HM users permanently so my team would level up faster. I usually use 3 or 4 Pokemon teams like that with no problem.

Until Karen. That fucking Houndoom. One Nasty Plot and its Dark Pulse was strong enough to bring down my normally nigh-immortal Slowbro, as well as Typhlosion, and it was even fast enough to char broil my Amphy and Togetic. I had to reset like 5 times before I got lucky and tricked it into Flamethrowering my Slowbro before I could take it out with Surf.

It survived.

Rossymore
2nd July 2010, 10:08 AM
Oooooh! That is just nasty. When Houndoom got up a Nasty Plot, its Dark Pulse just ripped my team apart. I only survived because of Magneton and parahax.

Starry Might
2nd July 2010, 11:43 AM
Yow @ the last several posts. :o

Well, I beat the gym, which was kind of a pain because...

(A) They just HAD to bring the "R/B/Y/ and "FR/LG" trash can puzzle back, didn't they?! >_>

(B) Explosion (I think) and Double Team.

I haven't done any more Kanto Gyms yet, though...I've kinda been crusing through the towns and doing stuff in them.

I'm in Cerulean City right now.

Ayeun
2nd July 2010, 07:09 PM
...I need to see a team before I can believe this. I can understand plowing through Will and Bruno with no healing, but Karen's a vicious bitch, Koga whores out status attacks like no tomorrow, and Lance... Eh, not so much tough as he is an Uber-abusing asshole that likes to pull random elemental bitchslap attacks out of his ass no matter what you send at him.

Team at the time:

Gabite - 46
Dragonair - 45
Metagros - 49
Dusknoir - 45
Scalamance - 52
Tyranatar - 56

Blademaster
2nd July 2010, 10:45 PM
Holy ballsack, cheap much?

How the heck did you get those monsters leveled up, anyway? Don't they each take like 800 battles to go up one damn level?

Ayeun
3rd July 2010, 12:55 AM
All of them are outsiders. See above posts... I traded them in at level 10, from the beginning. Wanted a challenge. Couldn't fly with salamance until I was up to Clair. One of my rules for the run through was no subs. Those 6 had to be able to do it, or I had to walk/go around/ect. Trained Pupitar in the Ice tunnel until it evolved, flew up to the league, to start training (My old trick is to send out somthing, and then sub a dark type in on Will. He usually opens with Psychic, so you get the split xp, 3/4ths if your using exp share, and then you own him with your dark type in the 2nd move.)

And yeah. As I said. Lance didn't seem to like Rock slide or Stone edge... Don't know why?

DarkestLight
3rd July 2010, 06:57 AM
Everything Lance uses (D-nite-Aerodactyl-Charizard-Gyarados) are all weak to Rock.

But uhhh how do you have a Metagross at lvl 49? They evolve at 50...

Ayeun
3rd July 2010, 07:20 AM
Metagross (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Metagross_(Pokémon))

45 mr DL sir.

PancaKe
4th July 2010, 09:28 AM
I spend too much time in the casino and at pokeathlon to be winning badges lol

Ayeun
5th July 2010, 08:36 PM
After getting schooled by Red a few times, Im going to wrap up and restart. A team of ubers is good on paper, but does not work so well in game. :S

DarkestLight
6th July 2010, 04:30 PM
Oh its the learning of Meteor Mash on Metang. Ok ..

And you got schooled by Red with a Team of Ubers? Yer doing it wrong then xD.

Blademaster
6th July 2010, 04:51 PM
VERY wrong...

Darth CookieMonster
6th July 2010, 07:55 PM
SO SO VERY WRONG.

I had to im so sorrry

Ayeun
6th July 2010, 10:05 PM
His snorelax raped through my dragons with ice punch, and kept sleeping my rock/ground/psychic moves. Shouldn't have unlearnt Hammer arm...

Oh, I ditched Dusknoir. Decided (really REALLY late) that it sucks.

Starry Might
9th July 2010, 11:52 AM
Okay, I've been doing Gyms and stuff now.

I've beaten Saffron Gym (Sabrina's Alakazkam = EVIL, BTW), Celadon Gym (it looks nice, but it's hard to navigate!), Cerulean Gym (Misty's Starmie kinda annoyed me with Confuse Ray), and Fuchsia Gym (now I can get Falkner's phone number next Monday! :love2::heh:).

Anyhow, I've got a couple of questions?

(1) How exactly do you wake up Snorlax outside of Diglett Cave?

(2) What did you guys think of the Pokefan who has a Level 65 Magikarp on his team? :lol: :freak:

DivineAll
9th July 2010, 12:17 PM
To Starry Might:

1. Make sure that the Power Plant is up and running again, get the Expansion Card or whatever it's called in this version from the Lavender Radio Station, go to where Snorlax is sleeping, set your radio so that the pointer is set at the top, and prompt Snorlax.

2. As funny as the Level 65 Magikarp is, I still think that they should include mid-battle evolution because of some trainers like that.

Starry Might
9th July 2010, 12:46 PM
To Starry Might:

1. Make sure that the Power Plant is up and running again, get the Expansion Card or whatever it's called in this version from the Lavender Radio Station, go to where Snorlax is sleeping, set your radio so that the pointer is set at the top, and prompt Snorlax.

2. As funny as the Level 65 Magikarp is, I still think that they should include mid-battle evolution because of some trainers like that.

(1) Oh, you mean set the radio's pointer at the very top ("North Pole", so to speak) of the sphere? I'll try that later today.

(2) Hey, that would be cool! :D

Jeff
9th July 2010, 11:07 PM
Yup. The Pokéflute doesn't have a button for it on the radio, so you have to manually tune into it. Pretty easy since it's in an easy spot though.

Darth CookieMonster
10th July 2010, 01:26 PM
It sounds weird but im only at the 8th gym in Johto! Ive been catching like a crazy person, working on the dex, so i have been evolving the pokemon i caught and it has been takling alot of time.. but i have done a number on my dex already, so intend on prgressing now.

Little_Pikachu
10th July 2010, 02:34 PM
I'm just busy leveling up for the 8th gym in Johto, my Pokemons are all about level 34 - 38. I've had the game for a few weeks, should be further on than I am for the amount of play time I've put in, but I had great trouble getting past the parts in and around Goldenrod, including the Team Rocket radio tower take over as everytime I walked past it I had to go play the Voltorb card game :x

I actually became pretty pro at it though.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th July 2010, 04:14 AM
(2) What did you guys think of the Pokefan who has a Level 65 Magikarp on his team? :lol: :freak:

Hm? I have a level 79 (or something, I forgot) Magikarp in my Pokemon Red and it beats Chanseys in Unknown Dungeon pretty bad.

*dodges tomatoes*

Darth CookieMonster
11th July 2010, 08:11 AM
I just beat the Elite four, now working in Kanto, trying to get Ericas badge

ChobiChibi
11th July 2010, 10:40 AM
After a little hiatus, I finally showed Clair who's boss :3 In the end, it was my Charizard that took down the Kingdra... She ran outta hydropumps XD Hyperbeam as a last resort was no good.

I was training my Jirachi for funsies earlier. Managed to do like 10hp damage to Raikou when I ran into him, which was immense...

My banner is not up to date. I have Charizard now... And I'm going through the Dragon's Den.

Link
11th July 2010, 08:57 PM
In Heart Gold: Beat Red, got up to Kyogre, caught it, got the kanto and sinnoh starters from Stephen Stone.

In soul silver: Got up to Lt. surge with my team of feraligatr, lugia, sudowoodo, red gyarados, and like two others (i forget who, lol).

Darth CookieMonster
11th July 2010, 09:03 PM
HeartGold: cerulean City, bout to catch Suicune :D Hey ChobiChibi, think if i gave you my info, u can make me one of those banners?

Starry Might
12th July 2010, 11:38 AM
Hm? I have a level 79 (or something, I forgot) Magikarp in my Pokemon Red and it beats Chanseys in Unknown Dungeon pretty bad.

*dodges tomatoes*
LOL, seriously?

Actually, last night, I was in the Viridian Forest...and well, I think that Bug Catcher Stacey and his high-level Metapods rival the Level 65 Magikarp guy for various reasons, which also include his confusing me for a Venonat. :lol: :freak: :heh:

Anyhow, first of all, thanks for the advice, DivineAll! I got Snorlax!

Also, I beat the Pewter Gym (mostly easy - Brock's Omastar proved to be harder to take down than I thought, mainly due to Full Restores on his end :mad:), and I beat Blake (my rival) at Mt. Moon.

Oh, and I just realized that I forgot to mention last time that before I did the Cerulean Gym, I took care of the Power Plant problem and made the last Team Rocket guy "bye-bye a go-go". :lol: ;)

Anyway, I'm currently heading to Pallet Town right now, but actually, the first thing I'm gonna do when I play later today is fly to Celadon to get Falkner's phone number. :D

Darth CookieMonster
12th July 2010, 04:33 PM
Im REALLY confused right now. Apparently, once i walk into the Cerulean Gym, im suppossed to see a Rocket Grunt... where is he. I havent seen him. At all.

Poryhedron
12th July 2010, 06:57 PM
Im REALLY confused right now. Apparently, once i walk into the Cerulean Gym, im suppossed to see a Rocket Grunt... where is he. I havent seen him. At all.

Have you already visited the Power Plant? You have to before he shows up.

Darth CookieMonster
12th July 2010, 09:53 PM
yeah i did, and the generator is back online. and misty isnt at the cape, and i never ran intoa grunt.

ChobiChibi
13th July 2010, 08:43 AM
Darthy, PM me what you want, including trainer sprite (I'll use the boy sprite by default otherwise) and I'll get on it :3

I beat the Kimono Girls. Took two attempts, since the Jolteon just NEVER missed with Thunderbolt :/ And my only pokemon with any ground type move was Poliwhirl... Went into Vapoureon with just Meganium, who Aurora Beamed my ass :/ But then second time I beat them like a boss.

I went straight to Whirl Islands. I forgot it was dark in there... Had to take out me 'Zard and sub it for my HM Slowpoke... And got my Drowzee out in hope I might be able to hypnosis the big bird. Think I left Pikachu behind, for some reason it doesn't know thunderwave... I blame the Pokewalker for that. Anyway, forgetting it was dark is a very bad thing, since I jumped over a ledge and can't get back out LOL. Oops~

Nor did I prepare for catching. I'm such a fool. I hope I've got an escape rope...

Also just leveling up now. Need Pikachu to get to level 45 before I evolve her... Shame really, she's quite slow for a Pikachu O_o Need to get myself a waterstone for Poliwhirl and play a bit more of Platinum in order to get myself a Razor Claw for my Sneasel... All at level 37, with the exceptions of Sneasel and Pikachu that are at 38 :3

Poryhedron
13th July 2010, 08:21 PM
yeah i did, and the generator is back online. and misty isnt at the cape, and i never ran intoa grunt.

...um...if the generator's back online, then you've already met the Grunt. There is no way to restore the generator without running into the Grunt, unless you somehow cheat your way into obtaining the Key Item Machine Part without doing it the proper way.

Just to clarify: you did give the Power Plant Manager the Machine Part and he thanked you by giving you a TM?

Today I battled Red for the first time. I've had the Rock Climb HM for a long time, but after using Bill's Grandpa's Water Stone to evolve my Staryu, it took forever to get my hands on a second Water Stone so my HMer Poliwhirl could learn Rock Climb.

I loved it when Red appeared with his cap over his eyes and then lifted the cap's brim. Very cool. Also, I can't believe they had the final battle happen under the Hail weather effect. That just completely threw me.

Pikachu went down pretty fast, and Red's new Lapras didn't last particularly long, but then Venusaur tore my whole team a new one. Which was fair, as my team was only level 63 and I hadn't done any real optimizing. I wasn't expecting to win this time; I was just exploring. Now, though, I'm really looking forward to my real battle with him.

Rossymore
14th July 2010, 11:40 AM
How the hell do you get Blue's number? His sister is being really unhelpful. I know she's got to massage one of your Pokemon seven times, but she won't let me.

Still need to get a Mudkip from Steven now that I know where he is. After that...there's not very much to do. I could go to the Battle Frontier, but my team is really ingame. The Factory isn't being very nice to me either.

Hmm...looks like I'm gonna prepare for October.

Starry Might
14th July 2010, 11:50 AM
How the hell do you get Blue's number? His sister is being really unhelpful. I know she's got to massage one of your Pokemon seven times, but she won't let me.
Why not? :confused:

Anyways, I got Falkner's phone number on Monday and I beat the Seafoam/Cinnabar Gym. :keke:

Darth CookieMonster
14th July 2010, 01:50 PM
Ya i gave him it, and I got Charge Beam.. but Misty is NOt at the Cape D:

Ayeun
14th July 2010, 08:10 PM
Ya i gave him it, and I got Charge Beam.. but Misty is NOt at the Cape D:

I think your problem here is -

There is a trainer in the town that you have to talk to who tells you that the cape is a good spot for dates. He also mentions that Misty likes to go there sometimes. If you don't talk to him about it, she wont spawn.

Also, if you triggered the Suecune event thingi BEFORE you did the generator, you have to capture it BEFORE you can battle trigger Misty. Since that section is used for two events, you have to do them in order.

DarkestLight
14th July 2010, 08:22 PM

Still need to get a Mudkip from Steven now that I know where he is. After that...there's not very much to do. I could go to the Battle Frontier, but my team is really ingame. The Factory isn't being very nice to me either.

Hmm...looks like I'm gonna prepare for October.

You use the same Pokemon right? After the 5th time (you only need to do it 5 times) she'll give you the number

#1) You didn't time travel right (turn internal clock ahead?) you wont get her number until you reach the date which you turned time up to again.

As for after Steven...you can go to teh Embedded Tower (on Route 42 , like if yer going to teh SAfari Zone, but you pick the down ladder) to get Kyogre/Groudon.

Rossymore
15th July 2010, 04:29 AM
Got Kyogre and she hasn't massaged any of my Pokemon because she just won't. I know you have to use the same Pokemon, but do they have to be at max happiness beforehand? I may have reduced the happiness using Revival Herbs against Red...a lot of them.

Alright, I'll just see if I can increase happiness. To Vermillion City!

DarkestLight
15th July 2010, 06:10 AM
She only massages between 3 and 4 pm. Or between 2 and 3pm. I forget the time frame exactly, bu its real fricking small.

Rossymore
15th July 2010, 06:33 AM
...well that explains everything. Blue better be worth it...

Darth CookieMonster
15th July 2010, 01:59 PM
I think your problem here is -

There is a trainer in the town that you have to talk to who tells you that the cape is a good spot for dates. He also mentions that Misty likes to go there sometimes. If you don't talk to him about it, she wont spawn.

Also, if you triggered the Suecune event thingi BEFORE you did the generator, you have to capture it BEFORE you can battle trigger Misty. Since that section is used for two events, you have to do them in order.

Alright these are all great tips guys, and i really appreciate it, but i did talk to the guy, as a matter of fact of gone through and talked to every single person in Cerulean City, and I have also done everything for Suicune. Neither Suicune or Misty are showing up.

What happens if I did give the machine part to the generator guy before Cerulean, via cheat system?

Rossymore
15th July 2010, 04:35 PM
This is what I did:

Firstly, I reached the Power Plant by going north of Lavender after going east from Saffron. I talked to the manager guy then got that phone call. I made my way over to Cerulean City and talked to that cape talkin' guy. Then I headed into the Gym and an increadibly racist voice read out the Grunt's lines. He left and I went to the bridge to confront him. I beat him, found the Machine Part after a few minutes (they changed the location the wankers!).

I returned back to the Power Plant and got the snazzy TM, then went back to Cerulean, went to the 'I have no regrets' virgins and found Misty at the Cape.

If you haven't done anything there, then do so, but if not, then just face all the other Gym Leaders and hope something happens.

Darth CookieMonster
15th July 2010, 06:31 PM
Ya I faced all of the trainers... still no misty... or suicune. Ill do the gym leader thing, then hope she is there :(

Ayeun
15th July 2010, 07:45 PM
Alright these are all great tips guys, and i really appreciate it, but i did talk to the guy, as a matter of fact of gone through and talked to every single person in Cerulean City, and I have also done everything for Suicune. Neither Suicune or Misty are showing up.

What happens if I did give the machine part to the generator guy before Cerulean, via cheat system?

CHEATING = BAD!!!!

Darth CookieMonster
15th July 2010, 08:45 PM
Well, I hate cheating as well. I raise al my pokemon myself, it brings me joy. But, i am ashamed yes, my freind used an AR to get $$ and all the bag items. My freind had done it for me because he was helping me catch something, and he didnt ask. I didnt start over cuz I had 7 badges, and realllllly good pokes already. So I stayed with it. I guess I went to the power plant too early... :(

Ayeun
15th July 2010, 08:48 PM
You are screwed now. Transfer them out and reset.

Darth CookieMonster
15th July 2010, 08:54 PM
Ugh.. alright :( karma i guess.. (that is how you spell it right?)

WELL Chobi... Now that I am resetting... Just give me the male Pokemon trainer, with a Chikorita.

BTW I got the Jirachi :D

Ayeun
16th July 2010, 07:49 AM
Jirachi is cool...

I find that setting a chalange when you start again helps. Like no Ubers, or say, having a 'Useless' pokemon on your team (Ledian, Butterfree, Sentret)... You know? The ones everyone says 'Why are you training that for?'. In my next run through, I'm taking Treecko and Charmander, and a Wurmple, just for Beautifly. Don't know about the other 3 yet.

Blademaster
16th July 2010, 12:47 PM
I find that setting a chalange when you start again helps. Like no Ubers, or say, having a 'Useless' pokemon on your team (Ledian, Butterfree, Sentret)... You know? The ones everyone says 'Why are you training that for?'.

This sounds a bit familiar...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091106220058/pokemon/images/3/3b/200px-HGSS_Karen_Art.png

Ayeun
16th July 2010, 06:03 PM
This sounds a bit familiar...

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091106220058/pokemon/images/3/3b/200px-HGSS_Karen_Art.png

<3<3<3<3<3<3 KAREN!

Poryhedron
16th July 2010, 09:01 PM
"Strong pokémon. Weak pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people..."
Easily my favorite post-battle line by an Elite Four member ever.

Darth CookieMonster
16th July 2010, 09:22 PM
Seconded that.

Blademaster
16th July 2010, 09:40 PM
Thirded.

Starry Might
19th July 2010, 11:54 AM
She only massages between 3 and 4 pm. Or between 2 and 3pm. I forget the time frame exactly, bu its real fricking small.
I think it's 3-4 PM. I read that in my Volume 2 "HG/SS" guide book.

Anyway, the most important things I can remember that I did since I last posted were beating Blue and catching Suicune.

Oh, and getting my picture taken with Falkner. :lol: :heh:

Jeff
19th July 2010, 12:50 PM
Yup, it's 3-4, I've gotten Blue's number so believe me, I know.

Ayeun
19th July 2010, 06:48 PM
Yay! Fresh start again!

New team:

Wurmple - Silcoon
Treecko
Murkrow
Wailmer
Rhyhorn
Magby

Go newbie team! Level 7's ftw!

Darth CookieMonster
19th July 2010, 09:05 PM
How did you get all those pokemon from the start?

Ayeun
19th July 2010, 10:18 PM
I have 2 DS's (mine and my mums), Pokemon Fire red, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond, Platinum and SS. I bread them in my Platinum game, and send them over as outsiders for the boosted exp. Makes my life easier.

If you don't have 2 ds's, the easiest way to do it is with the GTC. Put up Rattata's asking for your Treecko's and your Charmanders and whatevers. If some one else nabs it, then lucky you. If you nab it, then you send your rattatas or whatevers for the team you want.

Darth CookieMonster
20th July 2010, 10:08 PM
Alright. I have Ruby, Diamond and Heartgold. :D

Anyways, so I JUST started over again, no cheating this time. I want a nice clean playthrough,and I am intending on keeping this playthrough. I intend on filling my pokedex, and catching everypokemon, and try to evolve them as much as possible. So basically I just want a very well played game. I have the Jirachi wonder card, so i am not worried about that. I do want them to hand out more pikachu colored pichu's. if anyone doesnt want theirs speak up.

as far as my team goes and is gonna go, it will look a little something like this.

Kingdra
Gengar
Breloom
Togekiss
Magnezone
Golem

I also intend to train,
Gallade
Scizor
Bronzong
Sceptile
Charizard

ChobiChibi: Start my banner off with Gastly and Geodude

Master Rudy
23rd July 2010, 06:22 AM
Finally started up on SS again while waiting to get my computer a new graphics card. Just got the first badge. I think I'll focus on SS for awhile before going back to do Ruby and LG. I've got all three of those games at or near the start 0_0

Darth CookieMonster
26th July 2010, 03:12 PM
Has anyone ever gone on a training binge? Im addicted. I started completely fresh like I said I would and I have 1 badges and a Meganium, Gengar, Golem, Crobat, Ampharos, Raticate, Furret, Quagsire, Jumpluff, Fearow, Pidgeot, Ariados, Butterfree, Victrebell(Leaf stone was traded over with the pokemon i used when i was evolving golem :D ), and Noctowl. Not to mention i saved my Arceus, my Jirachi, my Shiny Pichu, and my Manaphy!

TRAINING BINGES FTW!!

Also, I now have Ruby, Platinum, Diamond and Heartgold. Pretty much everything I need to fill national dex :D

I want a FireRed Version though... >.>

EDIT:

I used my Arceus for the event. I got Dialga. Shouldve gotten Palkia. Oh well :(

Starry Might
30th July 2010, 11:45 AM
Has anyone ever gone on a training binge?
I haven't, but my Dad has in his "Diamond/Pearl/Platinum" game(s?) after he beat it(/them?).

Anyhow, the most notable thing I've done since I last posted was win the Double Battle in the Dragon's Den. (The very first time I tried it long ago, I had to quit 'cause my Pokemon were really underleveled. The second time , I restarted 'cause I felt I was losing, but the third time was the charm!)

Darth CookieMonster
30th July 2010, 09:43 PM
I haven't, but my Dad has in his "Diamond/Pearl/Platinum" game(s?) after he beat it(/them?).

Anyhow, the most notable thing I've done since I last posted was win the Double Battle in the Dragon's Den. (The very first time I tried it long ago, I had to quit 'cause my Pokemon were really underleveled. The second time , I restarted 'cause I felt I was losing, but the third time was the charm!)

Thats good..... and if you want a training binge.... i have a 60 Torterra in my platinum redo before first badge. I used to hate training... WTF happened!? Idek why i cheated!

Starry Might
13th August 2010, 11:53 AM
I finally got Clair's phone number earlier, so now I got all the Gym Leaders' numbers. :D

Just sayin'. :lookout:

DivineAll
13th August 2010, 06:45 PM
Tryin' to catch that friggin' event Latias. It's so annoying to catch!

Darth CookieMonster
13th August 2010, 07:57 PM
Im scawwed :( u guys aremaking it sound like its awful!

Blademaster
14th August 2010, 12:58 PM
That's because it is.

DivineAll
14th August 2010, 03:12 PM
Finally caught Latias just yesterday. Yeesh. Most of my other Legendary captures in SS were easier than that one...

Darth CookieMonster
14th August 2010, 03:51 PM
That's because it is.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Falcon's_Eye
14th August 2010, 04:58 PM
Just caught Lugia...I'm so behind compared to everyone else haha

Darth CookieMonster
15th August 2010, 01:28 PM
dude ur ahead of me storyline wise... but probs not ahead pokedex wise

Rossymore
16th August 2010, 05:39 AM
I've started my Hg game over and I've chosen a team that will almost screw me over. It consists of Feraligatr, Noctowl, Ariados, Togetic, Sudowoodo and a Hitmonlee, when I get the Tyrogue.

Just gotten my seventh badge, and now invading the Radio Tower. Whoo.

Starry Might
16th August 2010, 11:39 AM
Finally caught Latias just yesterday. Yeesh. Most of my other Legendary captures in SS were easier than that one...
Yeow. :o

Anyhoo, I'd like to say I'm actually mistaken on my phone numbers...I don't have Lt. Surge's yet. >_>

After trying to get him to show, I just looked up how to do it...I have to catch Zapdos first, THEN go there with Pikachu (which I caught recently).

Ah well, I'll do it at my leisure. :)

EDIT (8-18-10): Yesterday, while me and my Mom were shopping with my maternal grandma and uncle, I played my game at a point where we were driving for awhile, and I sought out Zapdos with Ampharos's help. After three times in a row where I accidentally KO'd it with unlucky Critical Hits (:mad:[b])/[b], I finally was able to catch it after tossing a couple Ultra Balls and several Fast Balls. After I went back to Cerulean City to sort things out, I went back to the Power Plant with Pikachu, and got Surge's number. :D

MeLoVeGhOsTs
25th August 2010, 08:02 AM
Just doing Soul Silver again.

About to challenge the league. All about 45.

Miles (Typholosion): Flamethrower | Focus Blast | Headbutt | Quick attack
Izumi (Mamoswine): Earthquake | Ice Shard | Ancientpower | Avalanche
Karen (Murkrow): Pluck | Faint attack | Night Shade | Taunt
Sun-Sun (Arbok): Crunch | Glare | Headbutt | Sludgebomb
Sokka (Azumarill): Waterfall | Focus Punch | Dig | Aqua Ring

Not the most typical choices of pokemon, I know, and I notice it when battling.

Any suggestions?

Darth CookieMonster
25th August 2010, 12:32 PM
Just finished up with Lt. Surge.. going to Saffron.

Blademaster
26th August 2010, 05:41 PM
Just doing Soul Silver again.

About to challenge the league. All about 45.

Miles (Typholosion): Flamethrower | Focus Blast | Headbutt | Quick attack
Izumi (Mamoswine): Earthquake | Ice Shard | Ancientpower | Avalanche
Karen (Murkrow): Pluck | Faint attack | Night Shade | Taunt
Sun-Sun (Arbok): Crunch | Glare | Headbutt | Sludgebomb
Sokka (Azumarill): Waterfall | Focus Punch | Dig | Aqua Ring

Not the most typical choices of pokemon, I know, and I notice it when battling.

Any suggestions?

Do you have any specific strategy in mind for Bruno and Koga?

Ayeun
26th August 2010, 06:17 PM
I kinda stoped playing SS for a break, and cracked open Emerald.

However, I was currently training to beat Clair.

Wailmer - 35
Beautifly - 33
Rhyhorn - 35
Grovyle - 34
Murkrow - 34
Magmortar - 34

crown34
30th August 2010, 04:11 PM
I got HG and just beat Elite Four... I'm currently freaking out about the Dratini in the Game Corner, stupid Voltorb Flip...

Blademaster
30th August 2010, 08:55 PM
Just fish in the Dragon's Den for one.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
31st August 2010, 03:09 AM
Do you have any specific strategy in mind for Bruno and Koga?

Have all sixteen badges now.

For Koga I used Pluck on most of his team. Combined with Faint attack for Crobat's Double Team. Taunt was also useful here. So go my precious Murkrow ^^ Thyplosion for Foretress, though.

For Bruno it was pluck again, combined with Flamethrower and a little touch of Earthquake if it was neccesairy.

When I finished the E4, I dumped all but Thyplosion and Mamoswine and added Vespiquen and Kabutops. Rock weakness aloha, but I didn't really seem to bother me much ingame. All at level 60, just before Mt.Silver enterance, saved, and started a new game on Heartgold:D

DarkestLight
31st August 2010, 07:03 AM
Or just get the free Dratini from the old Dragon Master Dude?

crown34
31st August 2010, 04:17 PM
Or just get the free Dratini from the old Dragon Master Dude?

You can? All those hours of Voltorb Flip for nothing. SIGH...

Mew Master
31st August 2010, 04:54 PM
Offical. Voltorb Flip is a RETARDED Game!

Right now I'm in victory Road. First run through the Elite Four ended up with me slamming into Lance's Gyarados cuz I have like... No Electric Types.

My Current Team includes:

Ziz: Aerodactyl (Crunch, Fly, Ancient Power, Ice Fang)
Tiamat: Gabite (Slash, Earthquake, Draco Metero, Dragon Claw)
Ryuujin: Lugia (Extrasensory, Surf, Rain Dance, Aeroblast) [Also, Pain in the ass to catch]
Moroko: Venusaur (Take Down, Cut, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder)
Yvan: Blastoise (Headbutt, Bite, Surf, Tail Whip)
Karyu: Typhlosion (Lava Plume, Quick Attack, Smokescreen, Leer)

Karyu was my starter, and I have all of the other starters thanks to Diamond Breeding Craze and Colli, except for Chika and Totodile *grumble* plus a Gabite and Aerodactyl.

I post this here because I'm doing some leveling for my second go against the Elite Four. I'm trianing Yvan so he's outside right now. I look at him, to see his reaction, and this is what happens.

"....

Yvan is concerned about the trap."

I'm thinking. "Trap? What Trap?"

I turn around and a wild battle starts off, like not even taking a footstep and the Gravler comes after us. It was funny.

I think I should re-name him Akbar.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
1st September 2010, 03:43 AM
The movesets are a bit off I think, well, atleast for the starters.

Thyplosion can learn EQ, Focusblast, Return, etc; and if you train it to l.46 it can learn Roll Out which is semi-usefull.

Venusaur: Synthesis? Reflect? Leech Seed? Then for special attack (since it's higher than attack) I would advise Petal Dance (instead of Razor Leaf, but I can understand if you don't want the confusion), and SLUDGEBOMB is a must:D

Blastoise: I like Avalanche on him since he's pretty slow and can take a hit. It'll be bye bye drago's. Icebeam or Blizzard are options just as well, but meh. Earthquake, Focuspunch or Brickbreak are filler options. If you have acces to Counter or Mirror coat, that's awesome.

Also, for Gyarados I advise you to give your Ziz Thunderfang if you don't want an electric type.

Mew Master
1st September 2010, 08:54 AM
MLG: This isn't my final team by any stretch. So far Gyrados is the only issue and Venusaur is more of a placeholder, the same way that Lugia is right now. I need the National Dex so I can Get a Thunderstone for my Eevee, and get a Ralts to try out a Gallade.

I've thought about giving Ziz Thunderfang, but I've used my one Heartscale on learning Ice Fang to give me an edge against Clair when I got to Blackthorn cuz my Gabite wasn't fast enough. The fact you can't get a mutha-fuckin GAWDAMNED THUNDERSTONE ANYWHERE IN JOHTO PRE-NATIONALDEX irks me so much.

Blademaster
1st September 2010, 02:40 PM
Offical. Voltorb Flip is a RETARDED Game!

The only people that say that are the ones that suck at the game. :D

Mew Master
1st September 2010, 05:06 PM
Or the fact that there isn't a register area wher eyou can exchange Money for Coins... reTARDed.

Ayeun
1st September 2010, 06:26 PM
Hey... Guess what? RESTART soon...

New team!!! Eggs are hatched, sooooo...

Mudkip
Charmander
Trapinch
Riolu
Snowrunt
Elekid

Got a dawn stone for Froslas, and a electric thingi for Elekid.

Mew Master
2nd September 2010, 10:00 PM
So, managed to beat the Elite Four late last night, Avalance came in handy for Lance, like, you have no idea.

So now I've got the national dex and waiting on swarms while I go and take on Kanto. So far I have Erika, Surge, and Sabrina down (my Aerodactyl waltzed right through Sabrina's and Erikas except for a Poke or two). When I make it down to Fuschia, I'm gonna transfer over some stuff from Saphire (ralts with a Thunderstone, some copies of the Starters I'm missing (Chika and Toto) and anything else I feel like to round it out.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd September 2010, 02:53 AM
Avalanche ftw:D

Rossymore
3rd September 2010, 05:29 AM
I give it to my Slowbro, as it is obviously going to go second, and will most likely be attacked. I just pray that it doesn't knock me out first! xD

Though, that's why I like Slack Off.

Ayeun
3rd September 2010, 06:22 AM
I gave it to my Wailord. MASSIVE HP pool and its SLOW as all hell...

Mew Master
3rd September 2010, 08:24 AM
Well Avalance is a decreased Priority move ANYWAY. SO you could give it to a Jolteon and it's still go second :/

Blademaster
3rd September 2010, 04:23 PM
I stuck with good old Ice Beam, thank you very much. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
3rd September 2010, 07:16 PM
You're like Ned Flanders.

ChobiChibi
3rd September 2010, 08:54 PM
The fact you can't get a mutha-fuckin GAWDAMNED THUNDERSTONE ANYWHERE IN JOHTO PRE-NATIONALDEX irks me so much.

Yus you can, my dear :3 I have two in fact. I seem to remember winning one at the Pokéathlon, but I think it has to be a certain day. Right now, I can buy a Leaf Stone with my points...

EDIT: According to bulbapedia, you can get it as a Pokéathlon prize on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Mew Master
3rd September 2010, 08:58 PM
Actually, I've checked. According to the Walkthroughs you can't get a Thunderstone until you have the National Dex, and even then it's only available on Saturdays. When I checked my points for rewards, there was no Thunderstone.

So, Got rid of Lugia so I'm going to be Psychic-weak until my Ralts gets high enough, and I can manage to get a Dawn Stone from Steven *grumble grumble* to get mah Gallade. Though I may just try to catch a bunch of Dittos to transfer over and breed like crazy again.

Haven't changed my Eevee yet, wanna work on Ralts before working on the Jolteon for Misty's Gym. Currently in Fuschia and haven't played since this morning.

ChobiChibi
3rd September 2010, 09:20 PM
You sure you're not thinking of the Bug-Catching Contest? Because I assure you have have two thunderstones, still haven't got the National Dex, and haven't traded any over.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Thunderstone#Thunderstone

Doesn't mention National Dex at all.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9athlon_Dome

Also here, it shows that you can get it on Thursday. I'm assuming that the asterisks mean that they're only available on those days when you have the National Dex, because in my game it's Saturday, and I can only purchase the top 6 items.

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq92/chobichibi/proof.jpg?t=1283568513

Blademaster
4th September 2010, 02:04 PM
You're like Ned Flanders.

Fu-diddly-uck you.

Actually, I've checked. According to the Walkthroughs you can't get a Thunderstone until you have the National Dex, and even then it's only available on Saturdays.

Yeah, no. I got one from the Pokeathlon LONG before I tackled the Elite Four.

crown34
6th September 2010, 07:38 AM
Just dominated the Elite Four. They're not that hard so I don't see what the fuss is about. Moving on to Kanto, anyone have any tips for Red?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
6th September 2010, 07:41 AM
I like the updated E4.

Also, my Togepi just pulled Judgement out of his Meternome *squeee*

Ayeun
6th September 2010, 05:18 PM
Started training against the e4. Karren's Houndoom raped my team. Time to go hit up some more training...

Its stupid, Wailord got 2 shot by Dark pulse, and was flinched on its only action... >.<

crown34
6th September 2010, 07:40 PM
Beat Surge, Sabrina and Erica, but I got dominated by Janine.
(I hate that maze!)

Blademaster
7th September 2010, 02:53 PM
How did JANINE beat you?! o_O

crown34
7th September 2010, 04:57 PM
How did JANINE beat you?! o_O
I had 4 grass types on me and an HM slave, you do the math.

Mew Master
7th September 2010, 05:02 PM
4 Grass + HM Slave vs Poison + Ghost Poison + Bug Poison ....

DOES NOT COMPUTE! @_@

crown34
7th September 2010, 05:23 PM
Epic fail on my part I guess :P.

Ayeun
7th September 2010, 09:26 PM
Nothing wrong with a grass team!!!

DarkestLight
7th September 2010, 11:27 PM
What grassers If I may ask. I stay with grass teams.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
8th September 2010, 02:38 AM
Yeah, atleast it's a challange.

crown34
17th September 2010, 05:13 PM
Sceptile, Leafeon, Shiftry and Breloom.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th September 2010, 02:54 AM
Did a re-run again.

Got 11 badges now.

Harold (Feraligatr): Crunch | Avalanche | Waterfall | Flail [Lonely]
Walter (Sudowoodo): Hammer Arm | Rock Slide | Sucker Punch | Wood Hammer
Mary (Ampharos): Discharge | Signal Beam | Focus Blast | Thunderwave
Yin (Misdreavus): Charge Beam | Psybeam | Shadowball | Power Gem
Mimi (Tangrowth): Power Whip | Sludgebomb | Ancient Power | Sleeppowder

Mary's l.60, the rest around 54.

Mew Master
18th September 2010, 08:40 AM
Still on my first run (I can't see why you guys would spend the time to do all this and then just restart like *finger snap* that). Beat Misty, got the machine part, captured the Snorlax, then went after Suicune last night.

Okay, it was night so I was using Dusk Balls and had about 33, I had 12 Ultra Balls too. I managed to get Suicune down to that little sliver of health with my 46 Jolteon Thundershocking and Quick Attacking. THen I sent in my Venusaur to put him to Sleep.

On the LAST set of Sleep Powders (PP 0) and after going through 20-some Dusk Balls and about 7 Ultra Balls, I managed to catch the damn thing... In a LEVEL BALL while my Venusaur was only 4 LEVELS HIGHER!

DAMN YOU SUICUNE! Damn you to the 8th level of hell!

Blademaster
18th September 2010, 07:41 PM
Still on my first run (I can't see why you guys would spend the time to do all this and then just restart like *finger snap* that).

Some people like using different teams. Others like to challenge themselves by using specific types, themes, or even self-imposed challenges. Ever heard of a Nuzlocke run? It's like Pokemon Hard Mode.

Mew Master
18th September 2010, 08:04 PM
Nuzlocke?

DarkestLight
18th September 2010, 08:05 PM
Define Nuzlocke. I've never heard of it.

DivineAll
18th September 2010, 10:49 PM
Apparently, from what I've heard, Nuzlocke is apparently this crazy system where you can only catch the first Pokémon you see in a new area, route, cave, whatever, and if it faints, it's actually considered dead and then you have to release it. Interesting, yet kinda dumb if you ask me.

Mew Master
18th September 2010, 11:14 PM
Agreed. Dumb.

Anyway, I just got to Brock (Caught Latias on the way) and my Aerodactyl was a bit nervous in the Museum.

Brock was on his last Pokemon, the Omastar, and he made the comment: "Ahahaha It itches! It itches!" and the first thought outta my mind was "You know, they have a cream for that Brock."

Then as I get his Omastar down to <1/3 he comes back to say "Ow ow ow ow ow" and my next thought was: "You should probably see a doctor about that..."

Blademaster
19th September 2010, 03:49 PM
I think it's a cool challenge. There's also monotype challenges and any other Pokemon you didn't use the first time around.

Agreed. Dumb.

Just 8 more days...

Mew Master
19th September 2010, 04:40 PM
I think it's a cool challenge. There's also monotype challenges and any other Pokemon you didn't use the first time around.

Eh, not my cup of tea, obviously

Just 8 more days...

Wow, you need to relax. Just because I think something, that you think is cool, happens to be lame and a waste of time, doesn't mean you need to get so personal about it. XP

Poryhedron
19th September 2010, 04:52 PM
I've recently started a Nuzlocke challenge in Fire Red. It's not something I'm likely to repeat in other versions, though. I'll stick to Monotypes and Two-Fighter Challenges.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
19th September 2010, 05:00 PM
Monotypes are wicked. Really awesome, and gives you a shitload of options to try out new pokemon.

DarkestLight
19th September 2010, 05:51 PM
Yeah. I should try a monotype. I just redo them game once or twice to test out others. Though Nuzlocke works for me cause I STAY grabbing Pokemon in an area and then running off to beat Gyms-while tossing others in boxes.

DivineAll
19th September 2010, 06:20 PM
I prefer choosing out 6 Pokémon beforehand and only sticking with them throughout the game. Of course, to do a proper 6-run, in my experience, is to go through the game, as I normally would, but with with different starters and a slightly tweaked lineup of what I had last time. Of course, that's just me.

Blademaster
20th September 2010, 12:59 AM
Wow, you need to relax. Just because I think something, that you think is cool, happens to be lame and a waste of time, doesn't mean you need to get so personal about it. XP

Pot, meet kettle.

Charles Legend
25th September 2010, 09:25 PM
I've recently started a Nuzlocke challenge in Fire Red. It's not something I'm likely to repeat in other versions, though. I'll stick to Monotypes and Two-Fighter Challenges.what the crap is a Nuzlccke challenge ?

but yeah got all the badges and beat Red in HeartGold, but I know I have a few trainers I have not battled yet, but right now I'm trying to get all five medals in the Pokéthon already got the power using Cinders, Leeks and Rage (Typhlosion, Farfetch'd, Red Gyarados)

In SoulSilver I only have four badges I'm going slow do to the fact that I'm taking my time to only train gen two pokemon my team so far is...

Togetic | Pit| Male| Lv. 27
Flaffy|Link| Male| 22
Bayleef| Basil|Male| 20
Poliwag|Misty|Female|17 (I plan to Evolve her into a Politoed.)
Sudowoodo|Duke Tree|Male Lv. 20
Slugma |??? |??? |Lv. 1 (technically it's still an egg.)

~Charles Legend

Blademaster
25th September 2010, 11:08 PM
what the crap is a Nuzlccke challenge ?

1. Learn to spell. There's no such thing as a Nuzlccke challenge.

2. What a Nuzlocke challenge is has already been explained. If you need details, read this. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68998)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
26th September 2010, 05:07 AM
Update

Harold (Feraligatr): Crunch | Ice Punch | Waterfall | Rock Climb (I need Swordsdance, but FUCK voltorb flip)
Walter (Sudowoodo): Hammer Arm | Rock Slide | Sucker Punch | Wood Hammer
Mary (Ampharos): Thunderbolt | Signal Beam | Focus Blast | Thunderwave
Yin (Misdreavus): Charge Beam | Psybeam | Shadowball | Power Gem
Mimi (Tangrowth): Power Whip | Sludgebomb | Earthquake | Sleeppowder
Hei (Umbreon): Faint Attack | Toxic | Confuse Ray | Meanlook

All ranging from level 71 to 73. Hei is 62.

Did everything, except for beating Red. Went out and caught the legendaries this time, I never did that in any game o_O

Battle Factory is awesome.