PDA

View Full Version : The clock stops ticking...... (24 series finale: CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

Master Rudy
31st March 2010, 09:13 PM
The haters can now start to party as I sit drying my tears and drink myself into oblivion....... lol j/k :lol:
After nine years on the air, 192 episodes and one TV movie it's official: the two hour series finale of 24 will be on May 24th. I guess now the main question is the one that's been plaguing the fanbase for the better part of the last 4 or 5 years. Will Jack die at the end or is he finally going to live his 'retirement' in peace?

While I am upset as it's been one of my favorite shows in the past 15 years I am kinda glad that they are having the sense to let it go out on top as opposed to drag it on like so many other TV shows *coughTHESIMPSONS!cough*

Thoughts on the news, show in general and eventual celebration from Brandy are welcome ^_~

Master Rudy
25th May 2010, 03:15 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100525051702/24/images/c/c6/8x24_main.jpg

Just saw the final episode. Despite people on several other websites claiming it was a weak ending I felt it was perfect when you consider all the seasons thus far. With the obvious exception of Palmer in the early seasons you had Jack always getting screwed by the government in some way. To have President Taylor pull a 180 and ultimately be the one to save his life and warn him to leave the US was fitting considering how much Jack had dealt with in the 14 years that covers the show's timeline. While it's not the perfect happy ending many fans wanted I feel it worked to near perfection and gives the perfect setup to the upcoming movie. The final clock at the end ticking down to zero was a nice touch too. On another note it was great to see Logan finally get what he deserved (bit unhappy with the fact that they had to toss in the throwaway line that he may survive with brain damage......stupid Fox and the order to not kill current/former US presidents on the show)

I know 24 fans are few and far between on this board. However it'd be nice to know it's more than just me here. Especially since the official boards and Gamefaqs tend to turn into political debates, flame wars and the like. Feel free to discuss ^_~

DarkestLight
31st May 2010, 09:39 AM
I never watched a day of 24 in my life until 2 weeks ago when I saw the episode before this. I have a huge habit of watching series finales-and so I watched this one (I know this show was fun, I just never caught it)..and I liked it. For someone who only knows the series throuigh heresay, I caught on pretty damn quick.

All through that episode, I was shouting "DON'T %^*^% WITH JACK BAUER , %$^&^ WILL KILL YOU !!" I could see how the ending wasn't as epic as it could have been, but even at the end, YOU CANT BEAT 2#$%#^$%^&#$ JACK BAUER!

A second movie you say? Ooh good, I wanna know where he runs to.

kainashi
31st May 2010, 11:18 AM
first lost, now this. all my favorite shows are ending. :(

Houndoom_Lover
31st May 2010, 11:46 AM
I just bootlegged the first season! I can't believe its ending- There's gunna be a big old tv void there now

RedStarWarrior
31st May 2010, 12:38 PM
first lost, now this. all my favorite shows are ending. :(
Lost sucked.

kainashi
31st May 2010, 03:08 PM
you sucked.

Master Rudy
1st June 2010, 09:32 AM
Wow.....I'm surprised by the fact that some of you only started to watch the series after the fact.

Dark and Houndy:
If you guys are looking to own the series cheap Amazon has recently put the season 1-7 boxset on clearence in preparation for the series boxset due out in December. I've seen this thing go for over $300 before. Currently Amazon appears to be sold out. However some of their partner sellers still have it for as low as $160. The only downsize to this set is that it doesn't come with Redemption (the two hour season 7 prequel movie). Another option is to see if any retailers such as Target or Wal-Mart still have the silm packs in stock. Fox has been phasing out slim packs in favor of a newer DVD case for their TV series that holds 6 discs in one standard sized case. As a result if you can find slim packs of 24, House, ect. then you're bound to save a fair bit of money. I managed to get the first six seasons for only $16.99 each since the slim packs were on clearence. You do the math :P

If you don't mind a digital download then once again Amazon is cheapest. Just be sure you use the option to buy the whole season since the single episodes are $2 each. While that's in the ballpark bear in mind that single season sets in the slim packs go for as low as $23 on Amazon depending on the season. Personally I'd rather have a hard copy for a few dollars more since I'm sure we all know what kinds of things can happen to a hard drive. Finally if you guys do buy any of the sets then don't be surprised if you find the first season getting passed around like a cheap whore. For most people all it takes is the first disc to get them hooked.

Of course you could always go the illegal route and see if you can pirate it. Not that I recommend it mind you......any keyloggers, viruses and spyware is your own problem if you go that route!

Remember kids......stealing is bad! :P

A second movie you say? Ooh good, I wanna know where he runs to.

Yep.....Redemption was the first movie. The second movie is planned for the big screen. Script is written and pending approval. Depending on the success of this film it's possible Fox may even continue the series with more movies. So far what we do know is that a good portion of the film as it currently stands will take place in Prague. Filming will be done there and in London. As for the real time format they currently don't know what they are doing with that. I've heard everything from it being ditched entirely (with certain key action scenes retaining it), to having the movie be like Redemption (two real time hours out of the whole day), and even a mix of the two (first half non real time as it sets up the plot, second half being the final hour in real time).

Done right the film doesn't need to retain the real time format. However if you need an example of how they can make a two hour film in real time potentially work just go watch the movie Nick of Time. It was a film from the mid 90's starring Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken that managed to do it very well.

DarkestLight
1st June 2010, 07:19 PM
I own Nick of Time and that movie was crazy. Another example of real time-though crappier-would be Phone Booth with Colin Farrell.

Master Rudy
1st June 2010, 11:36 PM
I own Nick of Time and that movie was crazy. Another example of real time-though crappier-would be Phone Booth with Colin Farrell.

Yeah....totally forgot about Phone Booth. Ironic in the fact that the film starred Keifer. If memory serves me it was originally actually due to be released before 24. However it got pushed back due to 9/11 :-/