PDA

View Full Version : Nice going China.

Telume
3rd April 2010, 11:16 PM
You may have fucked up one of the largest oceanic ecosystems in the world, REAL NICE.

http://www.news.pushpi.com/2010/04/alert-over-barrier-reef-oil-leak.htm

Especially since the Great Barrier Reef is protected.

Blademaster
4th April 2010, 10:32 PM
Newsflash: China doesn't give a fuck about Australia or its wildlife. The article itself shows more concern over the frigging OIL than the reef, which is barely mentioned.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
5th April 2010, 01:58 AM
Oh yes what a waste of oil.

Drago
5th April 2010, 03:48 AM
Stay off my reef, damn Chinamen. :angry:

RedStarWarrior
5th April 2010, 03:57 PM
Australia sucks anyway. Why is China even bothering?

Drago
5th April 2010, 09:54 PM
Rich coming from a guy from Virginia. What did you ever offer? Michael Vick?

Asilynne
5th April 2010, 10:22 PM
I apologise for what my fellow Virginian has said and I will say that Australia is a beautiful country with sexy men and should be preserved *salutes*

Also I hate how China seems to not care about destroying something so beautiful T.T

Telume
5th April 2010, 10:36 PM
Great Barrier Reef is one of the largest if not the largest reefs in the world, so yeah, that gets messed up, I'd say it'd be a pretty big blow ecologically speaking.

abunaidesu
6th April 2010, 12:34 PM
Rich coming from a guy from Virginia. What did you ever offer? Michael Vick?

hahahaha

DivineAll
6th April 2010, 02:11 PM
Even I feel ashamed at China, and I'm Chinese.

Roy Karrde
6th April 2010, 02:24 PM
And why again can't we have shipping routes that these tankers must follow? I mean it isn't as if this part of the Reef just sprung up over night... right?

Heald
6th April 2010, 06:03 PM
The tanker was meant to be following a route...it just apparently deviated about 150km off the route. Yea...

Telume
6th April 2010, 09:20 PM
And why again can't we have shipping routes that these tankers must follow? I mean it isn't as if this part of the Reef just sprung up over night... right?

People are stupid 'nuff said.

Heald
7th April 2010, 03:55 AM
Of course if we could wean the planet off its addiction to an expensive, wasteful, polluting toxic chemical, we wouldn't need to ship tonnes of the stuff around the planet through delicate ecosystems in the first place.

Just saying.

MToolen
8th April 2010, 08:03 AM
Of course if we could wean the planet off its addiction to an expensive, wasteful, polluting toxic chemical, we wouldn't need to ship tonnes of the stuff around the planet through delicate ecosystems in the first place.

Just saying.

Like you said, it's an addiction. And it's an ever-growing addiction, as more and more people get automobiles and expand their horizons. I wouldn't be able to have my current lifestyle (wife working 1mi north, me at school 5mi south) without a car for each person in my family. An addiction like this would be hard to quit cold turkey and the alternatives just haven't caught up just yet.

Here's to hoping, though. I'm surprised the media hasn't gone all Exxon-Valdez on this yet.

Heald
8th April 2010, 08:09 AM
It's a vicious cycle. Alternatives aren't ready because we've still got enough oil, and we're using oil because alternatives aren't ready.

I'm hoping we'll have hydrogen cars in 10 years.