PDA

View Full Version : Annoying mouse problem...

Knight of Time
7th April 2010, 01:51 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this mouse problem has affected anyone else here before besides me, but here goes.

These days when I use the mouse (a wired one I have attached to my laptop), it seems to do some crazy things when I try to click on something, mostly making a single click act more like a double click. For example, if I was in a folder, and decided to close it, there is the potential that I'd close out an internet window if I had one open prior to going to the folder.

I wish I had an easier time giving a better explanation for this problem, but my mouse seems to have the "hiccups". Is this an indication of damage, and/or the mouse beginning to show signs of age? This particular one has been around since 2005.

Thanks in advance.

Telume
7th April 2010, 09:16 PM
Is it an optical mouse or is it a trackball?

Usually optical mice show signs of wear after around ~4 years.

And in your case I might suggest replacing it, absolutely.

Master Rudy
7th April 2010, 10:21 PM
5 years eh? My bust guess is the spring on that mouse button could be wearing out. I had the same problem a few years back. If all you need is a normal mouse any good quality one should do. If you need one for gaming I suggest the Logitech MX 518 gaming mouse. Best mouse I've ever used ^_~

kainashi
9th April 2010, 09:36 AM
same thing happened to one of my old mice. i just went out and replaced it.

Knight of Time
9th April 2010, 09:39 AM
Well, I use an optical mouse, being as they are much easier to use than one with a trackball, but still, thanks guys.

Telume
9th April 2010, 11:37 AM
Well, I use an optical mouse, being as they are much easier to use than one with a trackball, but still, thanks guys.

Then yeah, I can tell you from experience it's that its old. If you leave it any longer it'll start refusing to move the cursor.