PDA

View Full Version : Random: Surf & Ice Fang

Mr. Brightside
8th April 2010, 04:40 AM
So yeah, i think i have a problem deciding what moves i should keep. Must be all those new moves that i wasn't aware of their existence... Anyway a few days ago i deleted Ice fang from my Gyarados to teach him Hydro pump because i had Surf on his moves and (dah) couldn't delete it.

I'm not sure though if it was a good idea doing so. It bugs me a bit. But Surf has 95 power while Ice fang has 65. @.@ Yeah i know it is a bit random but i want your opinions.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
8th April 2010, 04:55 AM
Well, Gyarados is a physical attacker. So give EQ, Waterfall (instead or surf) and Icefang for physical moves.

If you want to have a special move, I'd keep Hydropump for the extra power.

Blademaster
8th April 2010, 12:40 PM
^What he said. Gyarados's Physical attack is outrageously high for a Water type, more than doubling its piddly 60 base Special Attack stat. Ergo, Waterfall trumps Surf hands-down and can even give Hydro Pump a run for its money, and Ice Fang is a MUST for anti-Dragon power as opposed to Ice Beam.

Earthquake is a good idea in theory, but most Electric-types will outspeed and KO Gyarados in one shot. As for the last move, try Dragon Dance. It can turn Gyarados from an in-game beast to a flat-out juggernaut.

Jeff
8th April 2010, 01:10 PM
You can also opt for Aqua Tail over Waterfall. Aqua Tail packs a bit more punch, but it has 90% accuracy, also Waterfall has the flinch factor, so the choice is yours. Earthquake might not be all that great in competitive battles but it's fantastic in game. After just one Dragon Dance, my Gyarados in Diamond outruns all but the fastest Electric types in the Battle Tower, making them easy pickings, which is important given how Gyarados tends to be an Electric-type magnet against the AI.

Mr. Brightside
8th April 2010, 02:43 PM
Oh man... i have screwed up my Gyarados. Its current moves are Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail and Dragon Rage. I didn't bother adding Dragon Dance because it seemed useless. Gosh... i am such an idiot -_- So i guess the only thing i can do now is add Waterfall and not add Hyper Beam. Isn't a way to make relearn Ice fang...? Aside from traveling back in time and kicking myself.

Thanks for the help guys.

Jeff
8th April 2010, 03:04 PM
Heart Scales!

I've found them using Rock Smash in Cianwood. Just take it to the move deleter's house in Blackthorn and one of the other guys in there will reteach any Pokemon any move it learned or was able to learn at a previous level, and while you're there you can get rid of Surf.

Blademaster
8th April 2010, 11:56 PM
Yeah, Heart Scales can reteach Dragon Dance, Aqua Tail, and Ice Fang, or you can just level the big guy up to 44: Dragon Dance is the last move Gyarados learns before Hyper Beam. Don't worry about those. And since Waterfall is HM-taught, there's nothing to worry about there either.

Mr. Brightside
9th April 2010, 03:13 AM
Yeah.., well problem is that Gyarados is in my Platinum and i don' have HG yet. So..., unless this guy also exist in Platinum...

Jeff
9th April 2010, 07:46 AM
Yeah, he is. I think he's in Pastoria.

Patar
9th April 2010, 01:54 PM
The guy who reteaches the moves' house is right next to the lake in Pastoria.

Mr. Brightside
9th April 2010, 03:45 PM
Ohhh the shard guy! I just remembered! Thanks a lot guys!

EDIT: Actually i found him and he is the guy next to the lake... It took me a while to realize it wasn't the shard guy XDD Anyway, ie fang is back! Thanks!