PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Black and White announced.

Dark Scizor
9th April 2010, 01:14 AM
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

So yeah. Black and White.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5786/pokemonbw.jpg

Mr. Brightside
9th April 2010, 03:03 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Jumps up and down* Black and white!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so freakin excited! Woohoo!

Master Rudy
9th April 2010, 03:08 AM
vnMqkZmuEC0

Sorry....had to do it XD
Anyway can someone translate this for us? Also what about a release date? I'm seeing the numbers 4, 15 and 2010 on there. However there's no way in hell that's right.

Mr. Brightside
9th April 2010, 03:21 AM
@ Master Rudy: Yeah, this will be the promo song XDD

It is a slightly annoying how some people reacted to this *coughserebiicough* I mean, they are just colours for Pete's sake! It's not all about racism geez...

Maybe the colours refer to the battle of good vs evil.

shazza
9th April 2010, 04:10 AM
Seems pretty cool. I really need a DS!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
9th April 2010, 04:31 AM
Siked.

Charles Legend
9th April 2010, 04:47 AM
Game Freak http://blog.orly.ch/files/lolz-you-fail.jpg

~Charles Legend

Drago
9th April 2010, 06:49 AM
Wait, what? I'm confused here.

PS. 3000 lolz

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
9th April 2010, 07:07 AM
Any kind of information what kind of games those will be exactly? With just half a year to go till their release (acc. to German PokeWiki) I'm surprised there hasn't been more info on it yet (in case they are the 5th generation games).

Jeff
9th April 2010, 07:47 AM
COLORS AGAIN!!!:D:D:D:D

That is all.

shazza
9th April 2010, 08:14 AM
They are shades bro.

Jeff
9th April 2010, 08:46 AM
Another thought that came to me. What will the legendaries be like? Are we finally going to get a light type? If so, it's about freakin' time.

DivineAll
9th April 2010, 08:46 AM
$5 says that the third bonus version they'll eventually make will be Pokémon Gray.

Charles Legend
9th April 2010, 08:47 AM
Wait, what? I'm confused here.

PS. 3000 lolzSimple I hate Pokémon Black and White. why because the names are lame, I would have much rather they stuck with metals and birthstones then returning to the color names, I mean really it's just plain stupid and so are those two damn foxes for being freaking copycats of Riolu and Lucario!:mad:

~Charles Legend

Jeff
9th April 2010, 08:54 AM
$5 says that the third bonus version they'll eventually make will be Pokémon Gray.

I say they throw us all off and call the third version Pokémon Sepia.

Telume
9th April 2010, 11:44 AM
5 bucks says they'll change the version names when they get to the US

Jeff
9th April 2010, 12:05 PM
Pokémon African American and Pokémon Caucasian. I can see it now.

Phoenixsong
9th April 2010, 01:03 PM
I don't know, Charles; if the names of recent fangames are anything to go by, the other option is increasingly obscure minerals that no one can pronounce or has even heard of, and that become increasingly less relevant to the pokémon or plot. It reeks of trying too hard. There's something to be said for elegant simplicity.

And anyway, just as with every influx of new Japanese names and what have you, people will (and should) stop caring within a month.

As for a rename... isn't there at least one other game that's actually called Black & White? IIRC it's a game where you're a god raising a creature that rules over a village or something. Point being, they didn't change it and no one seems to have been offended.

Jeff
9th April 2010, 02:12 PM
I know that, but I love a good (or even lame) joke.

I for one love the names. Each past generation has tried to one up the previous generation and try to be the ultimate Pokémon games. We had Gold and Silver with not one, but two super-powerful legendaries. Then we had Ruby and Sapphire with three and they controlled the land, sea, and sky. Then came Diamond and Pearl, which had pokemon that controlled time and space as well as one that's pretty much the God of the Pokemon world. It's been stated several times that the legendaries need to go back to basics. Where we were in Generation 2 was ideal, with the legendaries just being based on local legends. With the titles finally going back to colors, we might see just that.

Phoenixsong
9th April 2010, 02:28 PM
Wasn't directed at you; actually, I thought that was funny. :p

Link
9th April 2010, 04:08 PM
*expects these games to top Dmnd/Prl/Plat*

These better be a break from the traditional pokemon games.

Drago
9th April 2010, 05:33 PM
Pokemon Black
http://www.ferris.edu/JIMCROW/newforms/jynx.jpg

Pokemon White
http://ui21.gamespot.com/1716/mime_2.jpg

Charles Legend
9th April 2010, 05:48 PM
I don't know, Charles; if the names of recent fangames are anything to go by, the other option is increasingly obscure minerals that no one can pronounce or has even heard of, and that become increasingly less relevant to the pokémon or plot. It reeks of trying too hard. There's something to be said for elegant simplicity.

And anyway, just as with every influx of new Japanese names and what have you, people will (and should) stop caring within a month.

As for a rename... isn't there at least one other game that's actually called Black & White? IIRC it's a game where you're a god raising a creature that rules over a village or something. Point being, they didn't change it and no one seems to have been offended.Oh and do you really think calling them black and white are better then Onyx and Amethyst I hardly think so. Now then depending I'll most likely well end up getting theses when they come out it's just that I fell they have taken things too far by calling them Black and White literally suck when compared to HeartGold and SoulSilver, now then I'm not saying I'm not buying them it's just that Game Freak Frustrates me at times.

BTW here a suggestion Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold / SoulSilver and Black/White should be in a new forum category called DS Generation... just a thought... They are not the Advanced Generation, the are the DS Generation since they can only be played on the DS systems! :prod:

~Charles Legend

Phoenixsong
9th April 2010, 07:04 PM
But why is simple bad, first of all? And Black and White implies thinking about duality, for one thing. Whether that duality implies light and darkness, good and evil, or something else is yet to be seen, but the names are both not-stupid and can have a lot of potential. Again, I'd rather they pick something simple that is actually relevant than "what mineral/color have we not used yet just because" :B

Of course, without having seen any pokémon other than Zorua and Zoroark, it is entirely possible that something could exist that has an actual relevance to "Amethyst" (nothing will ever be called "Onyx" because onix exists already; it's too similar). But they picked black and white and so I'm sure whatever legendaries or version mascots or whatever else will fit with that and with whatever interpretation of black and white they decide to use. Just wait until you have a chance to see the names in context before passing judgment on them.

ChobiChibi
9th April 2010, 08:32 PM
I heard these are being released on the DS, despite the fact that the 3DS will be available by the time of its release. It's kinda odd, since the 3DS is supposed to have all those 3D features that Nintendo aren't exploiting that for a new series of Pokemon... I know I'd consider buying the 3DS just to play new Pokemon...

(Dear Nintendo, I'm not complaining, please don't release Pokemon Black and White on the 3DS, for I am quite content to play it on my normal DS. Thank you very much, your loyal fan, Becki)

Jeff
9th April 2010, 08:33 PM
Pokemon Black
http://www.ferris.edu/JIMCROW/newforms/jynx.jpg

Pokemon White
http://ui21.gamespot.com/1716/mime_2.jpg

So tempted to put them in the BW theme I'm working on for the site...

Ultimate Charizard
9th April 2010, 08:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/luminous_manic/original-2.jpg

End debate :)

Telume
9th April 2010, 08:43 PM
UC made me lol

As for a rename... isn't there at least one other game that's actually called Black & White? IIRC it's a game where you're a god raising a creature that rules over a village or something. Point being, they didn't change it and no one seems to have been offended.

You obviously missed the joke I was trying to make.

Phoenixsong
9th April 2010, 10:02 PM
Possibly, but I wasn't directly responding to you, either. It was a general statement about the people who are up in arms over the names.

Telume
9th April 2010, 10:19 PM
Oh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding then.

Master Rudy
9th April 2010, 11:29 PM

XD Gav won the thread with his pic of Fifty and Slim XD

Telume
10th April 2010, 01:58 AM
Forget the thread dude, he won internets

Mikachu Yukitatsu
10th April 2010, 04:57 AM
Did someone say 'translate'?

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Mikayuta/PokemonBlackAndWhite2.png

I'll look up for the smaller text later, but it may be hard to figure it out.

Master Rudy
10th April 2010, 05:44 AM
Thank you Mika. I just kept getting transfixed on that 4/15 and saying "no way in hell it's releasing then" XD

Jeff
10th April 2010, 06:23 AM
Nice, so we'll be finding out more soon. Also Pokemon Sunday is in about 12 hours, so maybe there will be something then too, and we also have the CoroCoro leak to look forward to. Finally some real news on these games!

Edit: Screenshots! (http://pokebeach.com/2010/04/first-game-screenshots-of-pokemon-black-and-pokemon-white-in-corocoro)

Drago
10th April 2010, 07:11 AM

End debate :)
Debate ended INDEED. x1,000,000. :o
So what I don't get is, have we known about these games at all before this point? I'm just not quite fathoming how they've been able to keep this under wraps for so long, considering it's hitting Japan in something like 5 days (??!!)

Not exactly a grand-scale advertising campaign. It's like HG/SS was the big thing, and these are just an after-thought... Meh.

Jeff
10th April 2010, 07:14 AM
April 15th is just when they'll have the next announcement, the games aren't coming out until September-November, sometime around then.

Drago
10th April 2010, 07:18 AM
Ah, righteous. That's better. :lol:

Starry Might
10th April 2010, 08:08 AM
I've already seen the "CoroCoro" scans earlier...looks interesting! :)

I can already tell that it looks like they've nixed the Pokemon-following-you-thing, though...there's probably a good reason for it, but I like that feature in "HeartGold/SoulSilver", and was hoping they'd keep it in these games. :( Oh well.

BTW, the new female hero kinda reminds me of Dawn (judging from her overworld sprite, at least). Anyone else think that?

It is a slightly annoying how some people reacted to this *coughserebiicough* I mean, they are just colours for Pete's sake! It's not all about racism geez...

Maybe the colours refer to the battle of good vs evil.
Really? Oh boy... :rolleyes:

Dang, you beat me to it! :mad: (LOL ;))

I say they throw us all off and call the third version Pokémon Sepia.
Hey, that would actually be cool! :D

Anyhow, hopefully "Pokemon Sunday" will reveal more soon! :keke:

Charles Legend
10th April 2010, 11:01 AM
Like I said Pokemon Black and White are so freaking stupid... yeah combining the Pokemon center and PokéMart real smart. also I dislike this new 3Dish tile set, also the overworld sprites look stupid, also I dislike the new battle system. -_-;

Despite that I'm sure ones we know more then two pokemon I'll most likely find some I like and some I hate.

~Charles Legend

MeLoVeGhOsTs
10th April 2010, 11:56 AM
That's short-sighted, Charles.

Rossymore
10th April 2010, 12:04 PM
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Excellent! Generation V was going to happen! I was right and my friend owes me a fiver!
I just want to see the legendaries. How many are there this time? I think about 20.

Also, what's higher then the god Pokemon?

Knight of Time
10th April 2010, 12:09 PM
Rossy! Good to see you, man. :)

On the subject of the new Black and White versions, being as they are strong opposites, I can only imagine what the evil team of this game will be like, and what their role in the games will be. Will it be badder than Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, and Team Galactic, or as bad as the four teams combined?

Now that would be a huge shocker if the latter was true.

Roy Karrde
10th April 2010, 12:18 PM
Is it just me or does this idea just get worse and worse? Obviously the DS' 3D Graphic engine isn't strong enough to render this well, the city environment looks horrid, granted graphics were never Pokemon's strong suit. But, with the 3DS coming in just a few months, and hopefully along with it a better graphics engine, why not utilize that, if you want to make a 3D Pokemon game, why not use the better graphics engine. Speaking of the 3DS, why the hell isn't this a launch game. A Pokemon Game at launch would drive customers to buy the system, instead people will be picking up the new Pokemon game and waiting on the 3DS.

Just seems very very stupid.

Mr. Brightside
10th April 2010, 01:41 PM
Like I said Pokemon Black and White are so freaking stupid... yeah combining the Pokemon center and PokéMart real smart. also I dislike this new 3Dish tile set, also the overworld sprites look stupid, also I dislike the new battle system. -_-;

Despite that I'm sure ones we know more then two pokemon I'll most likely find some I like and some I hate.

~Charles Legend

Dude calm down! Try to think a bit positive.

I find the 3D environment rather interesting, though this pic with Zoroark confuses me. Is this how battles will be...? O.o If this how battles are goin to be from now on..., i might have to agree wth you on this part Charles.

Is it just me or does this idea just get worse and worse? Obviously the DS' 3D Graphic engine isn't strong enough to render this well, the city environment looks horrid, granted graphics were never Pokemon's strong suit. But, with the 3DS coming in just a few months, and hopefully along with it a better graphics engine, why not utilize that, if you want to make a 3D Pokemon game, why not use the better graphics engine. Speaking of the 3DS, why the hell isn't this a launch game. A Pokemon Game at launch would drive customers to buy the system, instead people will be picking up the new Pokemon game and waiting on the 3DS.

Just seems very very stupid.

I don't understand this either. Since i heard about the 3DS i thought that Pokemon would be there from then on but Gen V on DS...? I have no idea anymore.. Hmmm..., actually maybe there will be 3DS versions? I know weird thought but could this be possible..?

Roy Karrde
10th April 2010, 02:00 PM
I don't understand this either. Since i heard about the 3DS i thought that Pokemon would be there from then on but Gen V on DS...? I have no idea anymore.. Hmmm..., actually maybe there will be 3DS versions? I know weird thought but could this be possible..?

Unless I am misreading it, the game is on the DS and not on the 3DS. They could make a 3DS version, but most likely it would be nothing more than a port with very few upgrades added in, since it would take time and money redoing all the assets to take advantage of the 3DS capabilities.

Oslo
10th April 2010, 02:09 PM
Ooh, look at that. Back to basics. And here I was holding out for Pokemon Seaborgium and Pokemon Ununquadium, too. :) Mucho exciting.

Jeff
10th April 2010, 04:14 PM
IIRC, Gamefreak only got their 3DS devkits earlier this year so these games would have to have been developed for the DS.

Edit: Pokémon Sunday done trolled us. Their big reveal was the titles.:notfunny:

Drago
10th April 2010, 06:47 PM
Dude, you're starting to sound like the people who bitched about Chris Benoit's wristbands being the wrong size in a SmackDown game a few years back.
I mean, they're titles. You don't play the title. They could call them Pokemon Polka Dot and Pokemon Plaid, and it wouldn't make a difference. You're acting like it's a game-breaking mechanic.

In a game series as repetetive and uninspired as Pokemon has been for the last decade, you're picking apart such minor things - Mart and Centre combined? How is this cause for alarm?

Dislike for new 3D sprites, fair enough. Graphical gripes are legit. Also, what's it about the battle system that's got you down?

Blademaster
10th April 2010, 07:31 PM
ITT: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/dkqoboro.jpeg

Rossymore
10th April 2010, 08:46 PM
By the way: has anyone else noticed the male character looks a bit like Jaden Yuki?

That was my first thought about him.

Charles Legend
10th April 2010, 11:21 PM
Dude, you're starting to sound like the people who bitched about Chris Benoit's wristbands being the wrong size in a SmackDown game a few years back.
I mean, they're titles. You don't play the title. They could call them Pokemon Polka Dot and Pokemon Plaid, and it wouldn't make a difference. You're acting like it's a game-breaking mechanic.

In a game series as repetetive and uninspired as Pokemon has been for the last decade, you're picking apart such minor things - Mart and Center combined? How is this cause for alarm?

Dislike for new 3D sprites, fair enough. Graphical gripes are legit. Also, what's it about the battle system that's got you down?So what I do not see the point in them being in the same building, now the League I can understand but I don't like the Idea of it happening in the towns and cities.

mabe the fact that I literally see Zoroark ugly butt, in other words I do not like the fact we see the whole back Sprite.

ITT: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/dkqoboro.jpegShut the crap up Blade! I have the right to state what I don't like about the games besides I'll most likely end up liking it once we know more details.

By the way: has anyone else noticed the male character looks a bit like Jaden Yuki?

That was my first thought about him.Hum maybe but let's wait for the artwork of them first, but I could see Game freak doing that I mean they already added the lost Zone aka remove from play to the Pokémon TCG, so it would not be that surprising to me if they did.

~Charles Legend

Mikachu Yukitatsu
11th April 2010, 01:52 AM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Mikayuta/PokemonBlackAndWhite2-1.png

So, yes. There will be new info on the 15th of April, and the games will be on sale next autumn. At least in Japan. Sorry about the small kanji group in the middle left, there's no way I could guess that many Japanese symbols from context. I just can't see them. The less obscure kanji there hint towards that it's about retail or something.

shazza
11th April 2010, 04:57 AM
I wish they implemented more differences between the two; Black and White is the perfect chance to do it! Black could have a storyline revolving around playing a villainous character, whereas White, obviously, is the more traditional concept. Surely the buyer would be now more inclined to purchase both as opposed to one, hence increasing profit.

I think, along with HeartGold and SoulSilver, Black and White has sealed the deal for me to get a DS!

Magmar
11th April 2010, 10:26 AM
I know that, but I love a good (or even lame) joke.

I for one love the names. Each past generation has tried to one up the previous generation and try to be the ultimate Pokémon games. We had Gold and Silver with not one, but two super-powerful legendaries. Then we had Ruby and Sapphire with three and they controlled the land, sea, and sky. Then came Diamond and Pearl, which had pokemon that controlled time and space as well as one that's pretty much the God of the Pokemon world. It's been stated several times that the legendaries need to go back to basics. Where we were in Generation 2 was ideal, with the legendaries just being based on local legends. With the titles finally going back to colors, we might see just that.

I really liked :144:, :145: and :146:! They weren't impossible to capture. Anyone could catch them on their own terms when they wanted to. And they weren't the best Pokemon in the game--you could raise several other Pokemon to be better, especially since you could catch them at much lower levels. :150: was pretty cheap though.

PNT510
11th April 2010, 12:59 PM
For people complaining about how the game looks wait until it's on your DS. Lots of DS games look bad in screen shots because the pictures are blown up from a tiny 2 in screen.

Blademaster
11th April 2010, 07:02 PM
Shut the crap up Blade! I have the right to state what I don't like about the games besides I'll most likely end up liking it once we know more details.

If you're that optimistic about the game's future, you don't have to be such a stubborn child about minute alterations now.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion until it becomes nothing but annoying nitpicky whining.

Andrew
11th April 2010, 07:18 PM
Oh god they're using different back animations! Whhaaaaa nooooooo.

They should stick with the originals!!11 http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/rbback/rbback124.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/rbback/rbback005.png

Why did they merge the pokecentre and pokemart! WHYYYYY Now I don't have the fun of walking across a shitty town to buy a pokeball! WHY IS IT IN ONE PLACE!?!?!!??!!?

THREE DEEE?!??!? We don't need that! AND THAT GIRL IS WEARING A CAP! HORRIBLE

Ugh.

TBH it looks ok, a bit boring, but yeah, I'll probably buy it because I'm a moron.

DivineAll
11th April 2010, 08:30 PM
And now... a list of Pokémon from generations 1-4 that we all know will appear in generation 5 and some that will probably make an appearance.

Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu: It's so obvious that these three will appear and a carbon copy of the middle, it's not even funny any more.

Zubat, Golbat, Crobat: Annoying bats in caves are traditional.

Psyduck, Golduck: You just gotta have ducks.

Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam: The early Telporter is also standard.

Machop, Machoke, Machamp: A good bruiser is norm as well.

Tentacool, Tentacruel: Jellyfishing, jellyfishing, jellyfishing!

Geodude, Graveler, Golem: Rocks that you often find in caves as well as the bats.

Magnemite, Magneton, Magnezone: It's hard to say whether or not these three will actually appear in Black and White because while they did show up in Platinum in-game, they didn't appear in Diamond and Pearl.

Gastly, Haunter, Gengar: I think they have a good chance of showing up, even though they didn't make an appearance in Hoenn.

Goldeen, Seaking: Standard fish you usually catch while fishing.

Magikarp, Gyarados: No Pokémon game is complete unless it has at least one trainer in it who has only Magikarp on his team!

Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon: Again, like the Ghost trio, Eevee has a good chance of showing up, despite not being in Hoenn. Problem is, if Eevee does show up you can most likely expect two more Eeveelutions.

There are probably a whole lot more I could list, but the post would be way too long considering there is almost 500 Pokémon, at the moment, and every single one will be available post-game, but these are the ones I believe will most likely appear before taking on the Elite 4 and Champion.

Master Rudy
11th April 2010, 10:27 PM
......considering there is almost 500 Pokémon, at the moment.

This obviously begs the question that no one has asked yet: how many new Pokémon now? To be honest it's almost getting out of hand! :lol:

DivineAll
12th April 2010, 12:42 AM
This obviously begs the question that no one has asked yet: how many new Pokémon now? To be honest it's almost getting out of hand! :lol:

It's always at least 100 or so every new generation, so I'm banking on that. So when Gen. 5 comes around the total amount of Pokémon should be around 600 or so. ...*sigh* How did the original Pokérap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYIpQ6S5ZpM&playnext_from=TL&videos=yhpnghEqeUE) go again? Oh yeah, "at least one hundred and fifty or more to see". It's definitely on the "more to see" part nowadays... ^^;

MeLoVeGhOsTs
12th April 2010, 04:32 AM
This

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion until it becomes nothing but annoying nitpicky whining.
and this

TBH it looks ok, a bit boring, but yeah, I'll probably buy it because I'm a moron.

<3

Also, I'm wondering what they'll do to limit the use of Black and White. What pokemon won't be found, and what explanation they're gonna give us.

Blademaster
12th April 2010, 10:51 AM
GameFreak? Explanation?

Ahahahahahahahaha oh wait you're serious.

DarkestLight
13th April 2010, 10:48 AM
Wow , ok late but yes,UC won the internets by far, this game looks meh, I dun care about graphics, just gimme new moves that aren't broken-swap some moves already on Pokemon around and MAKE A PORTABLE FEATURE SO I DON'T HAVE TO CATCH THEM ALL >_O!

JUST IMPORT MY FRICKIN' POKEDEX.

TIRED OF IT ><.

NO Pal Park.

No trading through 500 million games.

JUST. PORT. MY. FRIGGIN. DEX >_O!

I don't care if I have to beat the Gyms and see every one of the regions Pokemon, I'd be cool with that. I don't really wanna hafta be like "Oh ok, back to getting Luvdisc and crew >_<" or deal with night catches, or once a day or Safari Zone mayhem (whoa I hate Safari Zone now btw..) or any of it. Port my Dex, let me only hafta get like 150 or so, and I'm good >_O!

And combining Center and Mart. OMFG WALMART. Bout damn time.

Mr. Brightside
13th April 2010, 02:40 PM
JUST IMPORT MY FRICKIN' POKEDEX.

From previous games? That would be interesting, i wouldn't have to catch Pokemon i don't like, but i don't think it will happen.

DarkestLight
13th April 2010, 04:00 PM
Yeah like, say you beat teh Elite. You'd be able to talk to some guy that's this game's region version of Bill, and he'd be like "Ok you can upload your DPPtHGSS dex data since you already caught xx amount of Pokemon"

Or, like they have with other games (ToS comes to mind) If you already have played a game-the new game can check the save data---oh but wait that would require you to be able to access the save data from the old game while the new game is in the system...oh, then just make the new damn Wii Revolution style game to handle that transfer -.- Pokemon Box style.

Grrr -.-

Rossymore
13th April 2010, 04:12 PM
That's going to be the irritating thing of it. With people having done quite a bit in their Hg/Ss games. Caught about 300 or so. Now with B/W, you catch around 100 new extra ones and then you catch all the Pokemon YOU JUST FREAKIN CAUGHT IN THE LAST GEN!!!

Grah!

I prefer the first two Generations. All 251 Pokemon were obtainable because of glitches or the fact that there was very little of the dang critters!

I've always wanted one of them event Pokes...but I can't because the events are either in America, or because I can't travel around England that much.

Grah!

Knight of Time
14th April 2010, 08:59 AM
I'd been thinking of the two games recently, being as D/P introduced the first female Pokemon League Champion, what if Pokemon Black and White made two people that were Pokemon League Champions, making the final battle a double battle? That would be something.

Blademaster
15th April 2010, 11:09 AM
Not a chance. At least, I hope not.

The final battle against the Champion is just that - a battle against the Champion. If there were two Champions, there'd not only be less emphasis on the Champ(s), but also on her/his team: Three Pokemon as opposed to six? Big letdown. Also, one Champion would have to be at least a LITTLE better than the other. So what point would there be in calling that one a Champion when he/she could just be the last member of the E4? It'd be like having 2 Olympic gold medalists. It just doesn't add up.

I haven't watched the anime in years, but I hear the newest rival (Paul, I think?) is a royal douchebag interested in nothing but power and winning. An incorrigible, more vicious version of Silver. A rival like that in BW would be a great twist on the 2 Champions idea: Rather than challenging you at the end of Victory Road, he vanishes for awhile, and then right after you beat the Champion and get your Pokemon registered/healed, JUST before the credits start to roll, he barges in high as a kite on rage and adrenaline and challenges the new Champion - YOU - with his balanced and merciless team of LV70 juggernauts. A reversal of roles on the original Red and Blue final Rival/Champion battle? That would be a SWEET way to end the game and a perfect, full-circle reinvention of the E4 over the years: From Rival, to former E4 leader, to NPC, to more relevant and tougher NPC, to the most relevant and toughest of them all.

...Why do I set myself up for disappointment like this...? :cry:

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th April 2010, 05:17 PM
...Why do I set myself up for disappointment like this...? :cry:

What he said.

Starry Might
16th April 2010, 07:40 AM
The official Japanese site updated yesterday, but I wasn't able to look at it until this morning.

All they got are clear versions of the "CoroCoro" shots, but they look very nice to me! :)

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html

I've read that the next issue of "CoroCoro" (May 15th) will (hopefully) have more info.

Jeff
16th April 2010, 07:45 AM
Yeah, supposedly we'll find out how to get Zoroark then. That seems to be pointing to Zorua's evolution method and maybe even where you get Zorua in the game.

Edit:
One thing about those screenshots that really impresses me is the angles in the city one. It looks like not only will these games be shifted to a 3D perspective, but the camera will be free-moving, making these true 3D games. That will be quite a feat considering even Colosseum had a fixed camera.

Starry Might
16th April 2010, 07:52 AM
Yeah, supposedly we'll find out how to get Zoroark then. That seems to be pointing to Zorua's evolution method and maybe even where you get Zorua in the game.

Edit:
One thing about those screenshots that really impresses me is the angles in the city one. It looks like not only will these games be shifted to a 3D perspective, but the camera will be free-moving, making these true 3D games. That will be quite a feat considering even Colosseum had a fixed camera.
Yeah, I forgot about the Zorua/Zoroark stuff until you refreshed me. :)

Oh, and I never really noticed that about that one city shot until you pointed it out! :D

Charles Legend
17th April 2010, 07:48 PM
Ok actually came to think of it the games do look good, what I don't like is Pokemon Sunday making a big deal out of it also I changed my mind about Zorua/Zoroark I do like them and can't wait to see what their move set is Like... ;)

~Charles Legend

Starry Might
18th April 2010, 07:58 AM
Speaking of "Pokemon Sunday", have you guys seen the gameplay footage they had on there? (I just did on YouTube...Bulbapedia has the link.)

It's just a Player Character (the girl?) walking around the city from the screenshot in a circle, but it proves that the game really is 3D! :D

Charles Legend
18th April 2010, 11:17 AM
Yeah I saw it, and it looks good, Apparently they used HG/SS as a test run since from what I read it seems that used it in Glitter Lighthouse, Black and white just do it on a bigger scale also the main reason I said I did not like it was do to fact it was just a screen shoot and not a clip of actual game play, however having seen it I'm fine with the graphic which look fine.

I'm just more interested in seeing the new pokemon are namely so I can plan which ones I want to get in the ASB when the time comes. ;)

~Charles Legend

Murcielago
13th May 2010, 07:12 PM
Yeah the top of Ho-Oh's tower (I forgot the name), The lighthouse, and all the cutscenes use the same graphics as what I guess is the norm for Black/White