PDA

View Full Version : Using Frisk in wild Pokemon battles

Knight of Time
29th April 2010, 01:30 PM
Hi, I recently caught a Stantler in my HeartGold game with Frisk, mainly for the purpose of helping me find wild Pokemon that are holding items (e.g. Abra with a TwistedSpoon, Ditto with Metal Powder), just wondering, but if my Stantler is at the top of the party when sent into a wild Pokemon battle, can it tell when a wild Pokemon is holding an item?

Or do I have to make a switch for Frisk to work?

Either way, thanks in advance.

Poryhedron
29th April 2010, 11:44 PM
Wild Shuppet with Frisk can tell when my opening pokémon is holding an item, so I can't think of any reason why your Stantler wouldn't be able to use Frisk on a wild pokémon at the start of the encounter.

Knight of Time
1st May 2010, 10:14 AM
Oh, well, that's good. I taught my Stantler Role Play to scout for ability as well, so that'll probably be handy later on.

Blademaster
1st May 2010, 07:07 PM
What's Frisk?

DarkestLight
1st May 2010, 07:11 PM
Sarcasm,? Or srs?

If Sarcasm- ha.

If srs-its a Ability that allows the user to shake down your opponent Pokemon before the match starts to see if they are holding any items.

Blademaster
1st May 2010, 07:21 PM
So it's like a precognitive form of the move Thief, then?

I can see this being useful to me...

Poryhedron
1st May 2010, 09:38 PM
It doesn't take the item, but it does let you know if there's an item to take. Useful in competitive play to warn you about a foe holding a Choice item, or a Toxic Orb that it might be planning on foisting off on you...etc...

Blademaster
2nd May 2010, 11:07 AM
Well seeing how Thief is a crapshoot at best and a shitty waste of a moveslot at worst, I can see how the two could combine in-game for some practical applications. Like against wild Chanseys.