PDA

View Full Version : The Questions Thread

Asilynne
2nd May 2010, 01:19 PM
Well since we're allowed to do combo-threads again, heres one I wanted to do for awhile. I got this fun book from a bookstore that asks a lot of thought-provoking questions, and so Im going to ask you, the people of TPM, a question every week as a discussion thing. Ok heres for the first question:

You and a person you love deeply are placed in seperate rooms with a button next to each of you. You know that you will both be killed unless one of you presses your button before 60 mins pass, furthermore, the first to press the button will save the other person, but will immediatly be killed. What do you think you would do?

Personally I would push that button as quickly as I could. When I love someone its very deeply and I always care about them way more than myself. I couldnt bear the thought of them dying if I had a chance to save them and so I would even give my own life for it, also because I wouldnt want to be the one left behind with that guilt and the pain of losing them. I dont think there would be any hesitation for me.

Drago
2nd May 2010, 07:45 PM
I'd say that I'd press that button immediately. Generally speaking, I'm a very selfless person who puts his loved ones first.

...Problem is, I've never been in a life or death situation before. I've been in intense situations of threat where I haven't backed down in order to protect others, but you never know... You never know what you're really capable of in your darkest hour. Though I don't believe I doubt myself at this moment, there's always that chance that I'm not, or that none of us is, quite as courageous as I claim to be. Troubling, yet true.

Asilynne
2nd May 2010, 08:16 PM
After thinking about it a bit more, Id do what I said above only if there were no chance of escape, or it an escape attempt would result in my loved one being killed. If there was even the slightest hope we could both escape alive Id try and break out to find them XD

But yeah I know what you mean, Im relatively certain that I still would do that though, because when your dead you cant feel anything, but if you were left alive after your loved one dies when you know you could have done something to save them, I would rather death than that pain personally. Thats why I feel like I can be pretty sure I would do it even though I havent been in that kind of life or death situation yet either (and I hope I never am >.< lol).

Blademaster
3rd May 2010, 03:38 PM
It depends on who the other person is... If it's a family member, I'm not pressing it.

If it's a friend, I'd try and break out of there if it was possible so we could both get the Hell out of Dodge.

If it was the girl I love, I'd slam that button the second I understood the situation. Trying to escape would be nice, but if it wasn't possible, then I'm hitting it. I can say that with utmost certainty because without her, my life wouldn't be worth living anyway.

Telume
3rd May 2010, 05:08 PM
I'd press it, I don't think I can live with the idea of being responsible for someone's death.