PDA

View Full Version : HGSS is SEXIST!

Ayeun
4th May 2010, 12:03 AM
I played FRLG as the girl, why don't I have the option of prompting them (ala - KoToR 2) to having the 'Hero of 3 years ago' as a girl?

http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/be95ccc6c9d7773b64f94ade57dda3fd.jpg

That's how it ends in MY book!

DivineAll
4th May 2010, 12:12 AM
Think about it: the original R/B/Y had the Champion, your character, as a male, no questions asked about gender. It kinda makes sense they are still sticking with tradition and the old school after all these years. Although, I do admit it is sexist considering your only choice was a male even back then...

Drago
4th May 2010, 12:53 AM
According to whatever canon Pokemon supposedly has, doesn't the 'hero of 3 years ago' equate to Red? I guess if there could be gender swapping, it could be Green instead, though I'm not really familiar with how much of a role she played.

EDIT: Green? Blue? The chick. You know who I'm talking about.

Ayeun
4th May 2010, 01:56 AM
Yeah, the hero of 3 years ago is red, but in FRLG, you could be leaf/blue/whatever...

So in HGSS, you should get to prompt for a chance to have Leaf/blue instead of red on Mt Silver.

DarkestLight
4th May 2010, 06:02 AM
Blue didn't make it to Mt Silver in the original. She got sidetracked after the whole Team Rocket dismantling. Which is why she's not atop Mt Silver. She's not so serious about Pokemonz like Red was, nor was she destined to be the best Trainer in ze game. Red was. :p

Jeff
4th May 2010, 07:41 AM
It would have still been nice if Green (the girl) had shown up somewhere in Kanto. Sure stick with the original Gold and Silver and have Red be the champion of Kanto, but they could have at least given Green a cameo.

Telume
4th May 2010, 10:29 AM
Honestly, that's not a huge surprise. Red was always destined to be the Champion, at least Lyra got a bit of a role in HGSS, be happy for that. While Green/Blue/Leaf could have used a bit of a bigger role it's just not happening.

Lady Vulpix
4th May 2010, 11:36 AM
You can't be the hero because the hero is someone else. I think even if you play as the boy that doesn't make you the hero of 3 years ago.