PDA

View Full Version : UK Election 2010

Heald
6th May 2010, 06:05 AM
Thought I'd make a thread.

About to go out and vote. Anyone else of voting age in the UK voting today? Anyone got any opinions? This is the first big chance for 13 years to vote Labour out, but a hung parliament is looking very likely, which would be a disaster.

shazza
6th May 2010, 08:13 AM
I haven't really been following, sadly. I liked Tony Blair but I dislike Gordon Brown - and the recent controversies surrounding his government. I feel Margot Thatcher, now with her dementia, should make a comeback.

Heald
6th May 2010, 10:49 AM
Well, I voted. If you want to know, I'm in a Labour marginal seat with the Lib Dems the only real challengers, so I voted Lib Dem. Hopefully other voters are doing the same to get them out.

Guess I just need to play the waiting game. We won't know all the results until tomorrow afternoon (plus 1 seat is having a by-election on 27 May, but its Conservative-run for now) but by tomorrow morning there ought to be a good indication of how the outcome will look. Labour are set to lose their first seat by 1am.

Ultimate Charizard
6th May 2010, 11:44 AM
Whoever gets in were all going to be screwed over in varied and interesting ways.

Labour is supposed to be the party for the working man so that would have my vote but since its all rich snobby toffs in charge of all the parties that are just interested in making the upper classes richer then why bother?

Sooner i win the lottery and can emmigrate the better.

Telume
6th May 2010, 12:11 PM
UC, isn't that basically how most parties all over the world are?

Rossymore
6th May 2010, 12:50 PM
Whoever gets in were all going to be screwed over in varied and interesting ways.

UC, isn't that basically how most parties all over the world are?

Now that's my views on the Election and stuff.

We're all completely, utterly, fantastical, gargantuamly, unbelievably screwed. :keke:

EDIT: Now this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aftuJotNJ9M) is how the election should be run.

woz
6th May 2010, 02:06 PM
i just voted

Dark Scizor
6th May 2010, 08:28 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/england/8663681.stm

Highlight of the day.

Anyway, I don't live in a marginal constituency, so it doesn't really matter what I do as we will remain a conservative seat.

Honestly though, I'm not too fussed who comes in to power. I'm not really too keen on any of the current leaders.

Metallix
8th May 2010, 10:21 PM
Having to choose between Brown and Cameron is like having to choose between syphilis and AIDS.

firepokemon
10th May 2010, 05:39 AM
Then why didn't more choose aids? It was very disappointing that despite 13 years of Labour so many voted Labour. Only speaks to the patheticness that is Cameron. And lol at the British waking up to discover the world of coalitions. You're only years behind the rest of the world.

I despair that NZ got rid of FPP years ago.

RedStarWarrior
11th May 2010, 05:33 PM
Having to choose between Brown and Cameron is like having to choose between syphilis and AIDS.
No. Most syphilis is curable in the early stages.

A funny little fact is that having syphilis increases the risk of contracting HIV if exposed.

Ultimate Charizard
11th May 2010, 05:37 PM
And its official, Cameron is now the Prime Minister under the Conservative/Lib Dem coalition.

Now the pissing contest over who gets to sit in the comfy chair is over maybe we can get some government decisions made and we can all see the new Tory era start making the rich richer while the working man gets screwed over.

British Politics are like the Transformers 'Seeker' Jet toys. Paint em a different colour, give them a different name, but theyre all from the same mould.

Metallix
16th May 2010, 06:29 AM
No. Most syphilis is curable in the early stages.

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/thats_the_joke.jpg