PDA

View Full Version : Winner's Path Pokewalker Course Wi-Fi Event (NA/PAL Regions)

Starry Might
6th May 2010, 09:37 AM
Winner's Path Wi-Fi distribution event announced by HeartGold, SoulSilver sites

Distribution begins May 6

Some of the official sites for Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver have updated with a new news article that talks about the Winner's Path Pokéwalker Route. This Route will be available to players of the North American and PAL versions of the games via Wi-Fi starting May 6, the day after the distribution of the Yellow Forest ends. While the games' sites mention that the event will end on June 25, Pokémon.com mentions it will end on the 26th.

This Route allows players to capture Pokémon with moves they cannot normally learn by leveling up, such as a Munchlax with Selfdestruct or a Horsea with Muddy Water. Several items useful in battle are also available. This Route was initially available to players of the Japanese versions of HeartGold and SoulSilver from Oct. 17 to Dec. 17, 2009 and from Jan 13-27 earlier this year.
Original Link (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Winner%27s_Path_Wi-Fi_distribution_event_announced_by_HeartGold,_Soul Silver_sites)

I dunno if I'll do this, since I skipped the Yellow Forest event (I haven't even done anything with my Pokewalker yet!), but I'd thought you guys and gals would be interested in this. :)

Jeff
6th May 2010, 09:59 AM
Yay, something else to post to the site! Thanks Starry!

kainashi
6th May 2010, 11:05 AM
thanks for the heads up. :D

Knight of Time
6th May 2010, 11:24 AM
Silent Dragonfly alerted me to yesterday being the final day for getting the Yellow Forest event, lucky for me I got it on both HG and SS (better late than never), I also got the Winner's Path earlier today, again on both games.

What kind of promotion is coming next on Wi-Fi, I wonder?

Jeff
6th May 2010, 11:33 AM
The other event areas are:
Rally: Chatot, Sableye, Pikachu, Croagunk, Buneary, Pachirisu
Sightseeing: Eevee, Torchic, Poliwhirl, Pelipper, Pikachu, Meowth
Amity Meadow: Elekid, Magby, Smoochum, Happiny, Cleffa, Igglybuff

I'm hoping for Amity Meadow myself. It would be nice to get an endless supply of Electrizers again, now that my FireRed is dead.

DarkestLight
6th May 2010, 05:28 PM
Wait, this is on Wi-Fi? Pfft I can get this now! Schweet! To hell with Flying Pikachu, onto Selfdestructing Snorlaxes. :D

Starry Might
7th May 2010, 05:02 PM
I'm hoping for Amity Meadow myself. It would be nice to get an endless supply of Electrizers again, now that my FireRed is dead.
What happened? :o

Anyhow, you're welcome, everyone!

Ultimate Charizard
7th May 2010, 05:56 PM
Im just happy for an easier way to get a Beldum. Muchlax looks to be the rarer of the !!! choices. Much like the Flying Pikachu's.

I am tempted to train this Magikarp though. A Gyarados with Bounce could be cool.

Jeff
7th May 2010, 06:34 PM

Our dog left her teethmarks in it while I was at work one day. It hasn't worked since.:(

DarkestLight
8th May 2010, 05:52 AM
I just realized I gotta keep catching these guys for good natures. UGH, I'm not that dedicated to Nature hunting--why can't I just breed my Beldum u_u....

Blademaster
8th May 2010, 07:53 PM
It's Nintendo's subliminal attempt to try and stop people like you from abusing Natures and EV's and shit and just play the game like the rest of us: Go out, catch random Pokeyman, form a bond with it, and go wreck shit with it using the power of LOVE!

...Love and TM's/vitamins, but the TM's and vitamins were used with love.

DarkestLight
9th May 2010, 07:29 AM
:O. It isn't abuse if it takes work to do it in the game :P. 'Sides, what's the point of vitamins if you don't use them correctly :O? Similarly, what's the point of working out if you don't do it correctly?

Ultimate Charizard
9th May 2010, 02:20 PM
Has anyone figured out how this thing works yet?

Im trying to get Horsea and Beldum but all im running into is Duskull and Munchlax. I had a couple of Bronzor's the first night i got the path but i havent seen one of those since either. Mostly just Magikarp and Duskull.

DarkestLight
9th May 2010, 04:39 PM
Put a fighting type in. It seems to work on the type the Pokemon is weak to. Least for me. I haven't seen a Horsea/Munchlax yet, just Karp, Duskulls and Beldums.

!

Do you have a Munchlax (preferably Adamant/Naughty) Nature...but I doubt you'd be complaining about that.? I has a Beldum..a Sassy one and uhh...I know there's another one on my game somewhere.!!

Blademaster
9th May 2010, 05:29 PM
:O. It isn't abuse if it takes work to do it in the game :P. 'Sides, what's the point of vitamins if you don't use them correctly :O? Similarly, what's the point of working out if you don't do it correctly?

I dunno what you're getting at... I give my Vitamins to whoever on my team needs them. Crobat gets Carbos, Gyarados gets Protein, Shuckle gets Iron, etc.. I don't do all that super-serious (super-tedious) EV and Nature and IV shit, but I'm not an idiot. I know better than to waste my hard-earned (see: found with Dowsing Machine) stuff on the wrong Pokemon.

Speaking of the Dowsing Machine, Imma go off-topic for a sec and ask: Am I the only one that loves the way the HGSS Dowsing Machine works like a metal detector? It feels like a little treasure hunt going into caves and on beaches now. :3

Ultimate Charizard
9th May 2010, 05:47 PM
Put a fighting type in. It seems to work on the type the Pokemon is weak to. Least for me. I haven't seen a Horsea/Munchlax yet, just Karp, Duskulls and Beldums.

!

Do you have a Munchlax (preferably Adamant/Naughty) Nature...but I doubt you'd be complaining about that.? I has a Beldum..a Sassy one and uhh...I know there's another one on my game somewhere.!!

Thanks for that, i took out Eevee, went in with Heracross and im upto my neck in Horsea...now for a Beldum...or two.

DarkestLight
9th May 2010, 05:50 PM
I dunno what you're getting at... I give my Vitamins to whoever on my team needs them. Crobat gets Carbos, Gyarados gets Protein, Shuckle gets Iron, etc.. I don't do all that super-serious (super-tedious) EV and Nature and IV shit, but I'm not an idiot. I know better than to waste my hard-earned (see: found with Dowsing Machine) stuff on the wrong Pokemon.

Speaking of the Dowsing Machine, Imma go off-topic for a sec and ask: Am I the only one that loves the way the HGSS Dowsing Machine works like a metal detector? It feels like a little treasure hunt going into caves and on beaches now. :3

*shrug* EV's take 15 min max :o ::Has Pokerus.:: IV, hell no. Natures are the only time consuming thing. But that's what Pokemon is. Time consuming.

Now to go off topic with you. Yes! I am so grateful they redesigned it! It makes life so much easier to find things.

Blademaster
9th May 2010, 06:03 PM
*shrug* EV's take 15 min max :o ::Has Pokerus.:: IV, hell no. Natures are the only time consuming thing. But that's what Pokemon is. Time consuming.

Calling bullshit and demanding proof. *doesn't have Pokerus, like most people on the planet*

DarkestLight
10th May 2010, 06:47 AM
K. Quick example.

In platinum. Machop gives 1 attack Ev. Say I need 255 of them:

100 from Proteins.
Give Pokemon Pokerus
Need 155 more. Give Pokemon a Power Band (gives +4 Atk EV's)
Thats 10 Atk Ev's per Machop (1 initially from Machop, +4 from Held Item x 2 from Pokerus). 15 Machops in the Route after Oreburgh? Siiiimple :O. Lather-Rinse-Repeat with whatever other EV you need in whatever other route has a good number of a Pokemon with the EV you need :O.

Its not so hard :O.

Blademaster
10th May 2010, 03:18 PM
OK, first off, getting all those items is time-consuming in and of itself: Vitamins are expensive and those Power/Focus/whatever items cost points instead of money, which means tons of battling. Second, those ten Proteins will only all work if your Pokemon has no attack EV's. That means farming certain EV-reducing Berries which is also time-consuming. Third off, Pokerus is damn-near impossible to get in the first place and makes catching a Shiny look like catching a Magikarp with the Old Rod. So unless you've got the luck of Fortuna or a friend with Pokerus, that's the most arduous process of the lot.

Your scenario is fine, but it's under IDEAL circumstances. I don't have the patience to go through all that tedious effort for such a minimal payoff.

DarkestLight
10th May 2010, 05:12 PM
n_n Its only tedious if you wish it to be. Point being, its tedious once. After that, you reap more profits than deficits :O. But we've derailed long enough. I'll give you Pokerus for your well rounded debate though....just need to find a baby that has it...

Ultimate Charizard
10th May 2010, 05:37 PM
Is there anyway to increase Chances of Beldums? Im up to 16000 steps now and im barely getting any !!!'s and their all Munchlax's. Are Beldums the super rare ones?

Getting really tired of seeing Magikarps and i already have everything else off this route.

Jeff
10th May 2010, 05:42 PM
If you're getting Munchlax, you need to withdraw your pokemon then put it back. When you first put a pokemon on the pokewalker, one pokemon from each of the three groups is chosen. Since Munchlax and Beldum are both in group A, Munchlax appearing means you won't see Beldum until you go on another stroll.

Ultimate Charizard
10th May 2010, 05:46 PM
Well ive done that, Goin with Ponyta. Atm im seeing Magikarp and Horsea. Havent seen a top level yet.

*Edit* Nvm, its Munchlax again. Bloody hell.

DarkestLight
10th May 2010, 07:51 PM
>_o Why the hell can't I see Munchlax. Stupid damn walker won't give me nothing but Horseas when I reach 2 explanation marks! Oh well, I'll just store watts for tomorrow -.- Fat bastards.

Ultimate Charizard
11th May 2010, 11:06 AM
Ah there we go, 3 Beldums in the bag :)

Now i have to go back to hunting Surfchu's for a friend who wasnt able to do the wi-fi event.

DarkestLight
17th May 2010, 07:34 PM
Caught an Adamant Munchlax! I'm super happy. cause it took FOREVER! I've been getting OK natures with these guys (Timid Horsea, Lonely Magikarp, not too shabby..), except for the Beldums. Sassy? Wtf no good.

Ok I'd like a Bronzor now,and then I'm done with this path.

Starry Might
19th May 2010, 09:53 AM
Our dog left her teethmarks in it while I was at work one day. It hasn't worked since.:(
Yikes. :(

Anyhoo, about the Natures/IV/EV controversy. I don't really do IVs/EVs, and I usually don't care what Nature my Pokemon is.

However, there have been a few cases where I caught a Pokemon of a specific Nature...most recently an Adamant Phanpy in my "Platinum" game that I've traded to my "SoulSilver".