PDA

View Full Version : very tempted

Leafeon
10th May 2010, 10:22 PM
last week i came across this dvd series while on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Darkside-Season-Paul-Sparer/dp/B001LM64VA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1273549462&sr=8-2
from the sound of the dvd it looks to be very good, has anyone else seen this? and if so can you tell me if its worth buying, because i don't want to waste money on something that sucks monkey ass

abunaidesu
10th May 2010, 10:34 PM
Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site

Just download it. :rolleyes:

Drago
11th May 2010, 06:03 AM
Well, from the web address I can tell it's Tales from the Darkside. TV series or the movie, though?

EDIT: Actually, web address says season, too. So I'm assuming the TV series. I'm not familiar with it, but George Romero generally puts out some quality stuff.

Jeff
11th May 2010, 06:12 AM
I've seen the show. At first I thought it was some really bad cult classic from the '70s/'80s, before realizing it was a parody.

RedStarWarrior
11th May 2010, 05:28 PM
It wasn't a parody. They just had a very limited budget.

Jeff
11th May 2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah, just realized I was thinking of Darkplace.

Magmar
12th May 2010, 11:52 AM
my friend says it's kind of like a twilight zone/tales from the crypt kind of thing... it's more horror-ish than fantastical.

Jeff
12th May 2010, 01:26 PM
It's not all horror. Alot of the episodes are like mini monster movies, but I've seen a few that weren't. One that I remember was one that had a brother and sister, and the brother was sick and died pretty early into the episode. He was working on something on his computer before he died, so his sister decided to finish whatever he started and was convinced that he was somehow helping her. At the end, the sister found out that her brother was working on a program that would allow his conciseness to stay on the computer and even talk to them through it, which of course, she managed to finish and talk to her brother again.

It's pretty decent, if you're into shows like The Twilight Zone or Tales from the Crypt it's worth checking out. It used to come on the SciFi channel, but I don't know if it still does.

Blademaster
12th May 2010, 05:28 PM
I've read a creepypasta with that EXACT premise... The characters are different, but... huh. Guess that's where the idea came from.