PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Galaxy 2

Blademaster
23rd May 2010, 09:27 AM
IT'S OUT NOW! GO BUY IT!

...I really don't have anything else. I could post some videos, but I'm just so fucking stoked I had to make a topic.

All I need now is for Amazon to deliver my preordered copy.

...On WEDNESDAY.

FUCKING AMAZON. :mad:

DarkestLight
23rd May 2010, 10:46 AM
Bought it :D La!

PNT510
23rd May 2010, 11:21 AM
I won't be picking this up for a while. I still have most of SMG1 to play. I loaned it to a friend over a year ago and he moved away to college so I don't get to see him very much anymore.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
23rd May 2010, 01:13 PM
I'll get it in three weeks when it's out in Europe. Won't touch it for a while though, still got close to 10 other games I need to play through first. Way too many good Wii games being released at the moment.

Jeff
23rd May 2010, 03:24 PM
I'll probably go get it sometime this week. I still have leftover gift cards to Best Buy that I was going to use on SoulSilver, but my brother ended up picking that up for me. Really exited for this, especially now that I know that this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiRKP5zJqQE) is in there. (that's a spoiler by the way, for those who'd rather find out for themselves)

Blademaster
23rd May 2010, 10:47 PM
Oh shit. I recognized that level the instant I saw it.

Nintendo, you sneaky bastards... If the original music is there, I'm gonna piss myself.

classy_cat18
23rd May 2010, 11:19 PM
*clings to Blade* The purple coins are back...DEAR LORD, THE PURPLE COINS ARE BACK! And I haven't even gotten to thirty stars yet!

They really did vamp up the difficulty. The Prankster Comets are back, but this time they aren't even color-coded. And you have to find a special coin in each level to make them appear. Even tougher are those challenges that the monkey throws at you. It may be just me, but I have a tough time chain stomping those enemies, especially the ones that throw rocks at me.

BUT IT'S STILL AWESOME!

EDIT: Oh, and one level I went to had music from Super Mario World. I felt like I was on Butter Bridge again.

Link
26th May 2010, 07:48 PM
I got this game, and the guide, they are every bit worth the money. Did you get your copy today, Blade?

Andrew
26th May 2010, 07:54 PM
I can't get this for over another fucking month.

Lame.

Blademaster
27th May 2010, 11:30 AM
I got my copy on Tuesday, luckily enough.

At first it was a bit underwhelming compared to the first (It's hard to beat an intro that features the Mushroom Kingdom coming under seige by a fleet of airships.), but between the agreeable difficulty, the countless amount of galaxies, and the gimmicks in each one (Wild Glide... HOLY FUCK IT'S LIKE DYNABLADE ALL OVER AGAIN!), I've really taken a shine to it. And it just keeps getting more challenging and more stuff keeps getting added, both in the worlds themselves and on your ship.

And I'm not even a THIRD finished yet. I can't wait to see what else is waiting for me up ahead...

DivineAll
27th May 2010, 01:57 PM
Some of the hidden stars are kinda tricky to get, if you ask me, but they can be gotten with enough persistence. Same goes for comet medals, you have to explore almost every inch of the galaxy/world/universe/whatever to find it and then actually get it via a unique method.

DarkestLight
27th May 2010, 07:21 PM
I haven't opened my copy yet. Too damn busy with RL. RL back the fux off so I can play x_x

classy_cat18
27th May 2010, 07:59 PM
On World 6 now, with 68 stars. Throwback Galaxy is almost just like Thwomp's Fortress in Mario 64, complete with remixed music. I also like Beat Block Galaxy (hooray for music class) and the Isle Delfino lookalike, which was so bright I actually started talking to the Piantas to see if any one of them had sunglasses for Mario.

Still hate the monkey. And the shadow clones. And Fiery Gobblegut.

Link
31st May 2010, 05:40 PM
Ok, so I have 13 stars in the game, and I am almost up to the last boss of World 2. This game deserves recognition in the elite class of the history of games that have ever been created. I am glad Nintendo released more Mario for me to play, so that I may enjoy beating the galaxy (again...).

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd June 2010, 04:59 AM
I bought mine yesterday. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the price. It was only 35 €.

Amazing game.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd June 2010, 10:54 AM
I like the game's variety and the fact that it never gets unfair. Flawless controls too, as can be expected. A really well made game even though it's not as story-driven or plot intensive as I prefer my favorite games to be (but you can't look for that in a Mario game anyway). SMG2 is great fun, I can only recommend it.