PDA

View Full Version : Poll: It's in the stars!

Chibi_Sugar
14th April 2003, 09:14 AM
This is actually a double poll, so I might as well get to it:

(1) What is your star sign? (Gemini, Aries, Libra, etc.)

(2) Do you believe in fate and love at first sight?
----
For me -

(1) I'm a Gemini. Wee.

(2) I certainly do :yes: :D
----
For those of you unsure of your star sign, here's a guide:

Aries: March 21st - April 19th
Taurus: April 20th - May 20th
Gemini: May 21st - June 21st
Cancer: June 22nd - July 22nd
Leo: July 23rd - August 22nd
Virgo: August 23rd - September 22nd
Libra: September 23rd - October 22nd
Scorpio: October 23rd - November 21st
Sagittarius: November 22nd - December 21st
Capricorn: December 22nd - January 19th
Aquarius: January 20th - February 18th
Pisces: February 19th - March 20th

Little_Pikachu
14th April 2003, 12:10 PM
1. I'm on the cuss of Pisces and Aquarius so I get to be either, depending on what year it is or what retarded magazine I'm reading. It's kinda annoying because when anyone asks my star sign I have to explain that I'm both and cause utter confusion and questions. 19th February sucks.

2. Fate, yes. I do think everything is already pre planned. Say you missed a car accident by seconds because you stalled or something, then you say "Wow, if I hadn't have stalled my car that would've hit me!" but maybe it just wasn't supposed to hit you! Ah, man. I can't try to explain that anymore, just someone please tell me they get the gist?
Love at first sight, no. Crushes at first sight, yes. Crushes are based on thinking someone looks nice and you might want to be with them, love is when you know someone and appreciate them for everything they do, which you can't tell just by glancing at someone once.

Kirei
14th April 2003, 02:03 PM
1. I'm a Virgo, and from what I've read I seem to match quite a few of the Virgo traits. I'm not sure about horoscopes that you get every day being right, I mean how can the same thing happen to every Virgo? Although, sometimes they have come true and I think ooh!

2. Well, if you'd asked me six months ago, I'd probably not be able to truthfully say I even believed in love at all. But now, definitely, and about love at first sight - well, I think that for sure you can meet someone and start talking with them, and you can feel a connection, straight away, almost like a power that draws you to this person and love can develop from that, as you get to know the person better, and as you see more of them, you can begin to love someone. So yes, I feel that kind of connection can happen very quickly, but love, it's something that develops, or at least, it takes a bit longer to realise you've found it, but when you do, you know that the initial feeling was right, and that you've found someone you really don't want to lose.

You are all free to go and throw up now :p

White Gryphon
14th April 2003, 02:38 PM
1) What is your star sign?
Sagittarius. My moon sign is Gemini, and I'm still figuring out my Ascendant, Descenant, Immum Coeli, and whatever the fourth thing is.

I believe in fate but not in love at first sight.

crazybone
14th April 2003, 06:39 PM
1. Gemini.

2. Fate? Love at first sight? Whatever. I believe that all actions are generated by consequences, or provoking actions, so no. However, the one side of the supernatural I do believe in is luck. Luck guides me.

Shuckler
14th April 2003, 06:59 PM
Gemini

Love at first sight is possible!!!

mistysakura
15th April 2003, 05:49 AM
1. Aquarius
2. Fate? Yeah right. Pull the other one. love at first sight? I believe in attraction, but not 'love', you know, understanding and that sort of hting.

PancaKe
15th April 2003, 07:22 AM
Even though I dont believe in star signs I'm a Capricorn.

And fate and love at first site.. .with fate, God plans everything anyway so it really depends more on whether its in God's will for it too happen and human choice. As for love at first sight, its never happened 2 me but i dont deny that its possible.

~Mist

SupremeChampion
15th April 2003, 10:08 PM
1.) Scorpio and proud of it
2.) yes i do.

~The Italian Stallion

nightcrow
16th April 2003, 11:01 AM
1.) I am a capricorn.
2.) I do not believe in love at first sight, but I do believe in LUST at first sight! And I do not believe in fate for the most part. You can choose the paths you take in life...

Systematic Revolution
16th April 2003, 03:04 PM
1. My 'American' Zodiac sign is Leo. My Chinese Zodiac sign is the Dragon.

2. I am not entirely sure. I do believe in love at first sight, but it's fate I have trouble believing. Sure, everything happens for a reason. But fate should be more loosely defined as a series of choices and actions made by those who inhabit the universe, rather than the reason everything happens, or the thing that controls what happens in life. See, right now, I could go kill myself as a result of my decision, and no one elses. This is where the astrologers will step in and say "But if fate wanted you to die, you would be dead!" Wrong. People cheat death with every breath they take. We all live to die, and we all die to live, if you believe in reincarnation, which I do. Now if reincarnation is, in fact, a normal occurance then wouldn't that completely debunk the idea of fate and manifest destiny? I believe so. If fate wants you to die, you die. You don't suddenly come back to life as a mallard. Fate makes absolutely no sense. Unless, as I said above, you define it as the series of decisions made by the inhabitants of the universe. Things oftentimes happen for 'no reason'. I believe in the whole "You do something to someone and get it back times three" idea, more than I believe in fate. But anyway. That's my two cents.

~KT

Asilynne
16th April 2003, 03:24 PM
1) Im an Aries, and even though I dont really believe in like star signs and crap, it says Im impatient, ambitious and energetic.... ^-^() Guilty as charged! lol
Well sometimes anyway ^-^
2)Ok lets take this one thing at a time: Fate.
I think that a persons life and the choices that they make are the main factors of what happens to them. However there are events that may happen to people that they have no control over, (such as what LP said about the car) Ok, it stalled right? But if you had your choice you wouldve just kept going. Your choice wouldve resulted in your death, but because of the unpredictable stall of the car you survived. Now say that car was used, and the old owner forgot to put oil in it ONCE, or a hailstorm struck one day, and somehow those little actions caused a problem in the car that went unnoticed until it finally gave out thus saving your life? Actions that anyone or anything directly affect everyone else. Everything is connected. I like to see life as like a tapestry, with everyones threads woven together, say if you died in that car wreck your thread wouldve been snipped where it wasnt supposed to, and the rest of it came unfurled. Sorta like that, its kinda mind boggling I know ^-^()
Love at first sight: Ok, maybe its not exactly love. But sometimes youll meet a person and automatically know you like them. You cant explain it, you just like them, because you can sense something about them like you have a connection or something. You can also meet someone and automatically not like them. You just know that that person you will never get along with no matter how hard you try. It has nothing to do with looks or appearance, its just how they strike you as a person, its how they like, speak to your soul....crap now Im sounding all sappy and what not :P lol Anyway the point is that while it might not be LOVE at first sight, it could be a meaningful connection where at first your just happy to be around them and then it would grow into love...or something...^-^() Dont make fun of my sappyness!

Wee ok Im done ^-^()

Venuskazam714
16th April 2003, 03:30 PM
sign: libra

fate: yes
love at first sight: no

i do believe that there is only one person in the world for you.... in otherwords everyone has a soulmate

Blinky121
16th April 2003, 06:10 PM
1. I would happen to be a Leo. Leo = kickass

2. No, I believe that no one will ever find true love, due to the large amount of people there are on this planet. People just believe what they want, and most believe that who they are with are who they are supposed to be with. So basically (IMO, don't get all hidey-tidey at me)...("Hidey-tidey"? Right...). Ok, basically, people just force themselves to love (True love, I should say. Anyone can love something...).

However, I think love is too strong of a word to just throw around Especially to love someone at first sight. Sure, people can be as shallow as hell (Take me for example), but you have no clue if that person could be...oh, say, the opposite sex? Love at first sight is just...immature, I guess.

Everoy
16th April 2003, 06:41 PM
1. Cancer

2. Yes and No.

Matt
19th April 2003, 08:57 PM
(1) What is your star sign?
My star sign is the Taurus since I was born on May 12th.

I believe in fate, but I don't believe in love at first sight. A person just can't go up to someone and say: "OMG, I like so love you!!!111" without even knowing who they are. A person should become friends with the other person and get to know them before they say that they love them. If they just go up to someone and say that they love them without even talking to them before, then they could be really boring or something. Well that's my opinion...

pika23
19th April 2003, 11:04 PM
1. I am a Virgo
2. Kinda sorta.

soggy_cardboard
20th April 2003, 08:14 PM
1)ARIES
wo, yeah, go aries 8) its the best sign :P

2) and um.....yeah, kinda......

Misery's Herald
4th May 2003, 06:59 PM
1) Libra (much more like an Aquarius, though)
2) Most definitely

Edit: So many typos...

Girafarig
5th May 2003, 04:57 PM
Sign: Sagittarius, even though I think it's a load of crap

I do believe in fate, in the way that God might save you to use in a bigger job. However, I do not believe in love at first sight

Avian Freeze
5th May 2003, 07:12 PM
1) I'm a Taurus, though I don't really think I'm like one.

2) No, I don't believe in Fate. I believe that everyone makes their own choices, everyone is connected to everyone else. One choice one person makes can affect everyone else. I don't think anyone WANTED something to happen. How boring would that be? You guide your own life, and that's a much better life IMO.

Love at first sight? No, I don't believe in that either. You can't just look at someone and know you love them. You may be infatuated by someone but then it's not love. You gotta get to know them first and then you'll know if you love them or not.

Crystal Mew
5th May 2003, 08:27 PM
1. I'm a Gemini

2. I dunno.... I guess yes and no... its kinda what Ashlea said... Ilust at first site...but not love. I have to get to know them before I can love them.. but I can lust after every hot boy I see and not love them :D

DarkTemplarZ
5th May 2003, 09:18 PM
1) I'm a scorpio

2) Fate=eh. Love at first sight, probably not. What avian saids right, you might notice that they're pretty damn hot but love, no.

Syberia
5th May 2003, 11:55 PM
1) Pisces (I just found this out a few days ago. I haven't needed to before, seeing as I don't believe in it.)

2) Fate? No... my life is my own, and no little points of light up there are going to say what's going to happen to me. Love at first sight, no as well. Infatuation at first sight, definitely, but the two are clearly different. While one may cause you to pursue the other, you can't truly love someone until you get to know them, as most people here have said.

Ghost
6th May 2003, 06:55 AM
1) My Star Sign? My bounty hunting sign is Jango Fett... I think I'm Sagittarius.

2) No, NOt really. Bounty Hunters usually never meet fate, unless you sUck balls. Love in first sight? Dunno. Haven't tried.

Krystalline Kabutops
6th May 2003, 06:58 AM
1: I'm a Virgo, and I do match Virgo a little, but not much....
2: Fate, yes. Love, maybe. I've never been in love, so I dunno.

Sakura12
9th May 2003, 07:20 AM
(1) Saggitarius

(2) Definitely not!

Deus Mortuorum
9th May 2003, 07:47 AM
1. Pisces
2. Fate? Maybe. Love at first sight? No.

Drago
11th May 2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Little_Pikachu:
19th February sucks.
And it has been sucking since 1988, for I too was born on February the 19th. Therefore I'm a water bearing fish... (Aquarius/Pisces), however, I moreso refer to myself as an Aquarius, because my sister's Pisces, and I'm childish and like to be different. :P

Love at first sight? In some of my lesser moments, I would've considered that to be the truest statement since 'a potato is not a carrot.' However, nowadays I just believe in lust at first sight or, if you want to be different, interest at first sight, curiosity at first sight, appreciation at first sight, whatever works.
Although, that's just being technical. If people do believe in love at first sight, good on them. Its just more evidence that there are still some who possess innocence...