PDA

View Full Version : Mesprit i hate you!

Mr. Brightside
27th May 2010, 03:22 PM
Really. How on earth is it possible to catch that thing? It won't stand still for a moment. Whenever i am getting close enough to battle it, it goes somewhere else on the map. I tried watching its movements to see if there was a certain move patern but it seems this is not the case aside from the fact that Mesprit goes near to Snowpoint city a lot.

Is there any better way to approach it? I really want to catch it before summer finals begin -__-

Jeff
27th May 2010, 03:52 PM
I usually try to follow it through flying, then when I end up somewhere near it, I keep switching back and forth between locations until it comes to me. Another thing to keep in mind is to remember where the gatehouses are. The runners move when you switch locations, but not when you enter/leave buildings, so if you go to a new location via a gatehouse, they don't move.

DarkestLight
27th May 2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah. Just switch between a route and a town a bunch of time and then check, you'll soon see it pop up on your route. If it continuously is on the other side of the map from you, fly to the middle of the map, and then find a place where you can swap routes easily until it comes to your area.

Crazy Elf Boy
27th May 2010, 07:52 PM
I used a Masterball

Rossymore
28th May 2010, 07:54 AM
I prefer to use my Crobat with Mean Look. Try paralysing it too, it might help.
Also, use Jubilife City to track it, as grass is quite nearby on Route 204. Make it dark too, so Dusk Balls work.

Other then that, you must be patient. And remember that Cresselia (to me anyway) is more annoying.

kainashi
28th May 2010, 12:51 PM
i used dogcatcher the smeargle. mean look / spore / spider web / false swipe :cool2:

Blademaster
29th May 2010, 09:38 AM
Wow, nice moves there, kainashi.

Why two moves to stop running, though? Wouldn't the fourth slot be better suited to a move that stops Goddamn Entei's/Goddamn Raikou's Roar from working? I dunno if any moves do that, though... Maybe Ingrain might...?

Mr. Brightside
29th May 2010, 03:33 PM
I usually try to follow it through flying, then when I end up somewhere near it, I keep switching back and forth between locations until it comes to me. Another thing to keep in mind is to remember where the gatehouses are. The runners move when you switch locations, but not when you enter/leave buildings, so if you go to a new location via a gatehouse, they don't move.

I tried that to be honest and it kinda worked.

I prefer to use my Crobat with Mean Look. Try paralysing it too, it might help.
Also, use Jubilife City to track it, as grass is quite nearby on Route 204. Make it dark too, so Dusk Balls work.

Other then that, you must be patient. And remember that Cresselia (to me anyway) is more annoying.

Yeap i took Crobat out of my Box, reminded him Mean Look and found the little bastard near Jubiluife, but after a few rounds it escaped (i still don't understand how this happened)

So i kept chasing it with a combo of fly and running up and down like a nut when i found it at route 218 (i didn't know it could swim so i was a bit surprised to find it it there) So it was already weakened and after a few tries it was finally caught with a premier ball (and hell yeah it has an Adamant nature XDD)

Funny enough i was getting desperate so i just stopped watching at the screen and begun thinking "you are going to sit there like a good Pokemon and meet the rest of your legendary friends" As soon i stopped my random thoughts i looked at the screen and at that moment i saw "Mesprit was caught"! Lol i am a Pokemon Psychic

Anyway thanks for the help guys!

Crazy Elf Boy
29th May 2010, 08:05 PM
On my Smeargle I have Block | Spore | False Swipe and Super Fang to use on some of the stronger legendaries on which Smeargles attacks just won't cut it.