PDA

View Full Version : New Black/White Mascots & Possible Release Date

Weasel Overlord
28th May 2010, 12:56 PM
Pokemon Black and White are slated for release in Spring 2011, and their two mascots have been released; Reshiram and Zekrom.

I'm really loving the designs, actually. I wonder what the typings will be like!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/jingleweasel/Pokemon/2nso215.png

Originally sourced from pokemon.com (http://www.pokemon.com/blackwhite/en/).

Oslo
28th May 2010, 01:09 PM
Ooh, I like. Enough to make up for the painful fail incurred by the three starters.

I'm also curious about the typings. Everything from Dark to Normal to Psychic to Ice to Flying to Rock to Steel to Dragon seems possible. :) Maybe a fun dual-type?

Jeff
28th May 2010, 01:13 PM
The white one looks kinda angelic to me. Can anyone say Light type? :D

Telume
28th May 2010, 03:11 PM
The honestly look like Palkia and Dialga redesigns, I'm a bit disappointed.

The prospects of a new type is a plus though.

Weasel Overlord
28th May 2010, 04:18 PM
Aw no, I rather like them. I think they sort of took Dialga and Palkia's design-style and improved upon it. I still think the "wings" look like they'd never move in a million years though. Why no wing-joints, people?!

I'd absolutely love it if we got a Light type, but it seems a bit out of place.

Link
28th May 2010, 05:59 PM
I can't wait to catch these guys! They look decent enough, and my friend just called my cell phone to show me those guys. I am definitely going to be excited for these games when they are going to be released next year.

DarkestLight
29th May 2010, 08:41 AM
Yo. They're Dragon types. Whether they're part Dragon remains to be seen, but Dragon has been confirmed to be at least one (if not their only) type. I pray for a Dark/Dragon, we got enough Psy/Dragons flying about -.-..

Knight of Time
29th May 2010, 09:12 AM
lol, if one of the Black/White mascots was Dark/Dragon or Dragon/Dark, I'll bet that'd make Dark Dragonite a happy camper.

Blademaster
29th May 2010, 10:15 AM
Psychic/Dragon and Dark/Dragon is my guess.

Possibly Psychic/Steel and Dark/Steel just to fuck with us.

DivineAll
29th May 2010, 02:24 PM
Maybe to throw us for an even bigger loop the white one's Normal/Dragon and the black one's Dark/Dragon.

Charles Legend
29th May 2010, 02:46 PM
it might be that they are reference to the Middle East, which would be funny if Isshu is based on the region between Jotho and Hoenn which HG/SS hint at.

Iram, Reshiram's ending also has a reference to the Middle East. It could possibly refer to Iram of the Pillars, which is like the Arabs Atlantis. Or it could refer to internal ram. Reshira is a plant used in India to make a strong perfume.

Zekrom "Ze" Zionist entity, a pejorative euphemism for the State of Israel "Kr" Krishna a deity worshipped across many traditions in Hinduism, and "Om" The Great God Om, a fictional deity in the Discworld universe.

Ok.... O_o?!

~Charles Legend

Blademaster
29th May 2010, 03:24 PM
So we have scientific (atheist), Buddhist, Judaist, Christian, and now Hinduist Pokemon.

Way to be original, GameFreak.

DarkestLight
29th May 2010, 03:37 PM
Isshu is based on the region between Jotho and Hoenn which HG/SS hint at.

Explain?

Mr. Brightside
29th May 2010, 03:39 PM
I am not sur about them. They look cool and all but the have this "mecha" kinda feel. As if they gonna fuse and make a huge transformer version. And what's with the turbines anyway...? Not to mention that thing that pops out in front of Reshiram.

I wonder how they can top Dialga/Palika/Arceus/Giratina.
God of Pokemon? Yeah try to beat that...

Charles Legend
29th May 2010, 05:33 PM
Explain?I said "if"

Well I think it's very likely that the Isshu Region is based off the Chūgoku and Shikoku regions of Japan which would place it between Jotho and Hoenn...

yes I know what they said however IMO they were talking about how far it was from Sinnoh not Jotho. I mean really if you think about it it dose make sense for them to complete Japan then move on to doing another part of the world like the USA.

~Charles Legend

DarkestLight
30th May 2010, 11:34 AM
Well, Sinnoh and Johto were connected since it was stated in game that people that lived in Sinnoh then moved to Johto(or vice versa), and the existence of the Sinjoh Ruins confirms that (which I'd like to know how to get to again cause that was straight ridiculous...since there are a) people living there and b) Cynthia pops up there on a regular basis!)

Houndoom_Lover
30th May 2010, 06:53 PM
I'm really really hoping for the Light type :B Reeeeeally. I'm bummed that they're Dragon type and not something more creative. Dragon is feeling a little over used these days :B

Starry Might
2nd June 2010, 11:44 AM
I haven't been on the Internet hardly for about a week, but when I went to Serebii earlier and saw these guys at the banner at the top of the page (along with the Starters), I knew something was up.

Cool! I think I'll get "Black" because out of the two, I like Reshiram better. :D

Oh, and for the ABSOLUTE RECORD concerning Reshiram and Zekrom's Types (plus a big revelation)...

Update : Pokémon Daisuki Club revealed Reshiram and Zekrom's type to be Dragon-type. Whether they will get a secondary type is currently unknown. Also, they have mentioned that there will be a big difference between the two versions, aside from the version-exclusive Pokémon and encounter rates.
Original Link (which mentions other stuff, too) (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_and_White_legendaries_revealed)
Big differences between versions? Wow!

Charles Legend
2nd June 2010, 12:46 PM
Well there is speculation that Reshiram Dragon/Electric and Zekrom is Dragon/Fire.

~Charles Legend

Houndoom_Lover
2nd June 2010, 01:29 PM
Electric and fire make no sense >:

Link
2nd June 2010, 03:46 PM
Legendary dragon types sound cool. I can't wait to get Black or both!

Blademaster
2nd June 2010, 09:25 PM
Electric/Dragon makes sense for the white one. I'm still voting Dark/Dragon for the black one.

Jeff
3rd June 2010, 09:16 AM
Just to clear this up, the rumor that Zekrom is Electric/Dragon comes from a blog comment from one of the Japanese voice actresses saying that she likes Electric types, so she prefers Zekrom over Reshiram. This doesn't confirm anything, because it could simply mean that Zekrom is able to learn Electric attacks. The rumor that Reshiram is Fire/Dragon is pure speculation from fans who just want to see a Fire/Dragon-type. As much as I'd like to see that combo, it makes absolutely no sense for Reshiram.

I'm sticking with Dark/Dragon for Zekrom, and Light/Dragon for Reshiram.