PDA

View Full Version : Black or White?

Jeff
28th May 2010, 07:32 PM
So, now with the box legendaries revealed, which one do you think you'll be getting?

I'm currently leaning towards White for a sort of nostalgic reason. Back in the RBY days, a friend of mine, (who often lied to me about Pokemon stuff) told me that there was a White Version in Japan, and I thought that sounded pretty cool. Also, I like the look of Zekrom. The fact that Reshiram might be a Light-type has me considering Black though. The deciding factor might just come down to the version exclusives.

Crazy Elf Boy
28th May 2010, 08:27 PM
I will probably choose white, keeping up my tradition of choosing the softer colours.

Fett One
28th May 2010, 08:57 PM
I'll most likely get Black since I think Zekrom looks cooler.

Jeff
28th May 2010, 09:57 PM
It's actually backwards. Reshiram is Black's legendary and Zekrom is White's. :confused:

Link
28th May 2010, 10:27 PM
Black and white for me. :)

Poryhedron
28th May 2010, 10:35 PM
Given that we know pretty much nothing about these guys, their appearance has no effect at all on my purchasing decision. The version exclusives, as always, will be my decider.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
29th May 2010, 03:13 AM
First the one (White) when it's out in the US, then the other (Black) when it's out in Europe.

DarkestLight
29th May 2010, 08:29 AM
Given that we know pretty much nothing about these guys, their appearance has no effect at all on my purchasing decision. The version exclusives, as always, will be my decider.

I'm with Pory here. Not so much with the legend as with the version exclusives ( Phanpy is a must in my life, as is a better option of ghosties). Honestly, I'm a little put off by them-they are starting to look like Digimon again -.-...

MeLoVeGhOsTs
29th May 2010, 08:46 AM
DL MUZ CHOOSE BLACK!LOLZ!88!

DarkestLight
29th May 2010, 09:17 AM
NU NEVAZ! I IZ BLAK H8RZ!

Blademaster
29th May 2010, 10:19 AM
I've always gone with the first color of the set.

Gold.
Ruby.
FireRed.
Diamond.
SoulSilver was just because I had Gold (and Crystal) already...

So, considering these games are called Pokemon Black and White as opposed to Pokemon White and Black, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be going with Reshiram on this one.

Fett One
29th May 2010, 09:13 PM
It's actually backwards. Reshiram is Black's legendary and Zekrom is White's. :confused:

If that's the case then I might end up going with white.

Blademaster
30th May 2010, 10:19 AM
Fett One this isn't PCG get outta here.

Mr. Brightside
30th May 2010, 03:24 PM
White is my no.1 choice but considering that there will be more differences in the two versions aside from the different Pokemon, whatever that differences may be, i might get Black as well.

Murcielago
30th May 2010, 05:20 PM
Well they said there will be more differences per game than ever before, so I'm going to have to wait until further information. But as it stands now I will probably be purchasing White. Only because in my opinion, Zekrom is much cooler, and seems much more powerful in Attack and Defense stats.

Houndoom_Lover
31st May 2010, 01:18 AM
I'll be rockin' Black 'cause I'm awesome like that. I'm holding my high-hopes that old feathercock will be Light/Dragon, 'causing me to futterwacken.

But box creatures aside, I was gunna pick black from the start. When ever I see Black or White, I think that MJ song.

kainashi
1st June 2010, 09:17 AM
i'll probably get white since zekrom is badass. :hellyeah:

Rossymore
1st June 2010, 09:46 AM
Let's see now...

Blue
Silver
Sapphire
LeafGreen
Diamond
HeartGold

I might go for White on this one.

Though why is the Black Mascot white and the White Mascot black?

I can also imagine the manga. "Yeah, that kid there, he's Black. And the girl? She's White."

Starry Might
2nd June 2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah, that's weird.

Actually, I wonder if they did that so they would contrast with the background colors of the boxes.

Anyhow, right now, I'm leaning towards "Black", because I like Reshiram more than Zekrom (IMHO).

Blademaster
2nd June 2010, 09:30 PM
I like Reshiram more than Zekrom (IMHO).

It's your opinion that you like one more than the other? :confused:

That is both redundant and repetitive.

Jeff
3rd June 2010, 10:02 AM
Black and white are supposed to have major differences between them. So, with that in mind, I have a theory that would explain the switcheroo.

I see there being two teams, a good team and an evil team. In white, you team up with the good guys who are trying to catch and contain Zekrom. With Zekrom out of the way, it would be easier for them to fight the evil team since Zekrom personifies evil. In black, you're part of the evil team, which is trying to do the same with Reshiram. So, it's basically like Ruby and Sapphire but with more potential for plot differences.

Blademaster
3rd June 2010, 01:37 PM
^Don't get my hopes up like that. :(

Houndoom_Lover
3rd June 2010, 08:21 PM
Whoa. A Pokemon game with a substantial plot- Hooleeeeee!!! That would 'cause global pants jizzing!

Murcielago
3rd June 2010, 09:16 PM
If only that could be true. :( I dont think pokemon would ever go with a good, and evil side... Team Rocket was well... Evil I suppose, but in a criminal make me some money way. Team Magma & Aqua were both just trying to influence the planet on their belief, and Galactic was trying to create a new world... That being said, I dont think we will take part in a un/holy crusade of the pokemon world.

Ayeun
3rd June 2010, 09:37 PM
I will be getting Grey... By taking a black and a white cartridge, and fusing them together...

Blademaster
3rd June 2010, 11:41 PM
Don't you mean by just waiting a few months for the Platinum/Emerald/Crystal/Yellow of THIS generation like every one before it...?

Ayeun
4th June 2010, 12:49 AM
That works too.

If they DO name it Grey, I will be disapointed.

DarkestLight
4th June 2010, 05:17 AM
I wont. Cause that's logic and logic makes cash.

Weasel Overlord
4th June 2010, 07:32 AM
It'll be the version-specifics that decide me, as always. :D Plus I still can't decide whether I like Reshiram or Zekrom the most. ARGH THE CHOICES!!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
4th June 2010, 05:37 PM
I want some decent info, and some starter evolutions:D

Poryhedron
4th June 2010, 09:17 PM
That works too.

If they DO name it Grey, I will be disapointed.

Pokémon Zebra!

Jeff
4th June 2010, 09:46 PM
Pokémon Asian

Murcielago
4th June 2010, 10:13 PM
^Wouldnt that just be called, "Pokemon Yellow"? We already had one.

Blademaster
5th June 2010, 02:23 PM
Pokemon Oreo FTW.

Murcielago
6th June 2010, 09:21 AM
^"Pokemon Lawsuit" ftl

Link
6th June 2010, 10:06 AM
PKMN Whack olol

Chuck Norris
6th June 2010, 05:30 PM
After looking at the sneak pictures thath have been released, I've surrendered completely to the new versions coming out and even though I don't have a Nintendo DS yet I'll get one just to play the new Black / White games.
I'll buy both! :D

Fat Matt
18th December 2010, 05:21 PM
Im Getting Pokemon White Zekrom Looks cooler then All the Legends.

Jeff
18th December 2010, 06:27 PM
White, because I prefer its version exclusives.

Fat Matt
18th December 2010, 06:38 PM
Black City Looks Better then White Forest Though....

Blademaster
19th December 2010, 08:08 AM
Opinions, opinions...

Poryhedron
19th December 2010, 10:44 PM
I think I'm going with White. I like the look of Yuniran and Washibon more than Gothimu and Baruchai; I think visiting White Forest would benefit me more than visiting Black City; I suspect Triple Battles will be less annoying than Rotation Battles; and I don't really care one way or the other about Reshiram and Zekrom, or Souryuu City.

Dark Sage
20th December 2010, 06:25 AM
I seem to remember that the good team/evil team was done in Ruby/Sapphire. One of the two teams was your enemy, and the other was your ally. (Which was which depended on which game.)

As for which one I'm getting, I don't buy all too many DS games, so I'm probably going to get both, just so I can do everything.

Poryhedron
20th December 2010, 08:46 PM
It wasn't really good/evil, though. It just seemed that way. Emerald Version makes it clear that the two teams are both evil (or just misguided?) and the one that helps you is just the one that isn't actively planning any schemes at the moment.

The discussion about good/evil teams earlier in this thread was talking about A) a team that is genuinely good, who don't do things like kill/torture pokémon, perform hostile takeovers of corporations or steal submarines, versus an evil team who do all that and maybe far worse; and B) the version differences including the chance to ally yourself with the evil team. I think it's fair to say that Pokémon Colloseum's plot is the closest we'll ever get to the player being evil.

Cueball
27th February 2011, 10:17 PM
Black, all the way.

DarkestLight
28th February 2011, 04:50 AM
Pory: The Player being evil?

Poryhedron
28th February 2011, 06:57 PM
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's what Pokémaster Jeff was talking about back in mid-Page 1.

Ultimate Charizard
28th February 2011, 07:17 PM
From what ive learned...

The Antagonist of this one is actually all eco-friendly. He doestnt beleive in capturing pokemon and uses a new team every time you meet him (releasing his previous team after every fight, and no i dont understand how he gets them in the first place)

Each game has a different Area. Black has a place with high level trainers for the challenge and white has an area with a higher number of wild pokemon that arent available on Black etc.

IceFlowGlaceon
28th February 2011, 07:18 PM
I am getting both X3 Reshiram has an awesome fire move and Zekrom has an awesome electric move i want them both X3

IceFlowGlaceon
28th February 2011, 07:20 PM
Serebii.net will tell you all you needs to know about them X3

ChobiChibi
1st March 2011, 07:11 AM
I just preordered White, mostly cos I don't know much of the differences between the games and my bf wants Black...

Cammy White
1st March 2011, 02:51 PM
I went for White. Mainly due to version exclusives (including Zekrom.)

I got my copy today <3 :D

Proof: (Spoilers, I guess)

http://a.yfrog.com/img618/1343/c53u.jpg
http://a.yfrog.com/img616/7696/iw1ax.jpg
http://a.yfrog.com/img610/1407/ry5wy.jpg
http://a.yfrog.com/img611/8103/bdktc.jpg

Dark Sage
1st March 2011, 03:27 PM
From what ive learned...

The Antagonist of this one is actually all eco-friendly. He doestnt beleive in capturing pokemon and uses a new team every time you meet him (releasing his previous team after every fight, and no i dont understand how he gets them in the first place)

That's what he claims. The truth is...

Well, I won't spoil it here. If you want to know what his true goal is, PM me.

Blademaster
1st March 2011, 05:13 PM
Or you can, y'know, just play the game and find out that way.

Silly idea, I know. Just tossing it out there.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
4th March 2011, 08:32 AM
I just fetched my Pokemon White. I found some of the graphic solutions odd such as the battling zoom thingy which revealed some flaws. However, the game was well worth its price all in all.

Knight of Time
4th March 2011, 10:43 AM
I'm getting both...I already put a deposit on both games at the local EB Games near me, so when they come in, all I have to do is pay the rest of the price for each, and that'll be it for me.

ChobiChibi
5th March 2011, 10:00 AM
I just got mine! Thanks, Amazon, for getting it to me 4 days earlier than I expected <3

Just wanna say... Woah. This is different. Good on Team Plasma for doing something distinctly different.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
5th March 2011, 10:07 AM
Got mine yesterday, I wanted to get Black, grabbed the box with the black Pokémon on it without reading the game title ... and it was Pokémon White. :D

DarkestLight
5th March 2011, 10:22 AM
Yeah this game is insane, LOL! Snivy FTW so far though

MeLoVeGhOsTs
5th March 2011, 10:24 AM
So jealous:D

Also, Chobi, you lucked out!

ChobiChibi
5th March 2011, 10:34 AM
Yeah I did 8D

OH! What I was MEANT to say in my last post is that I can see how the C-Gear will work with the 3DS's new wifi software. Unfortunately, my brain's too jumbled with cold-ness to explain how exactly... It just seems to have the same principles as the 3DS stuff...

Brb, brain died.

Dark Sage
6th March 2011, 07:27 AM
I missed out on the Celebii promotion the first time... Fortunately, my GameStop was having it a second time. Now I can get Zorua.

If you're getting the game at a GameStop and don't have the promotional Celebii yet, take your DS and game there today - it's the last day of the promotion, and you must transfer this Celebii to obtain Zorua.