PDA

View Full Version : Which starter will you choose?

Murcielago
4th June 2010, 04:46 PM
I've always gone with the fire starter, so I'll probably get the godamn pig. But the Grass type looks cooler... I'll wait for the evolutions to be revealed. But so far, what do you think?

Jeff
4th June 2010, 05:52 PM
Wotter. Just because I always get the water one. It's a tradition of mine that goes back to when I picked Squirtle in Red. I knew nothing about Pokemon at the time, I just picked it because it was the one in the middle of Oak's table.

Darth CookieMonster
4th June 2010, 05:59 PM
Deffinetly getting the grass. As with Jeff, its been a tradition of mine to get the grass type. My first lv 100 was a female Venusaur named Ivy, and i have always loved them. And the snake looks badass.

Fett One
4th June 2010, 06:46 PM
As of right now I will probably go with the pig. Once I get to see the full evolution, I may change my mind.

Poryhedron
4th June 2010, 09:19 PM
Not making a decision at all until I know more. About the Starters and their evos, about the first couple Gyms, etc.

Blademaster
5th June 2010, 02:07 PM
At the moment I'm leaning towards Piglit. Smugleaf is a close second, though. Wotter... Yeah, no.

kainashi
5th June 2010, 02:12 PM
i'm leaning towards the grass one or maybe the fire one. i can't get over how the water one looks. :(

Jeff
5th June 2010, 02:14 PM
Dangit, the fan names for them are really starting to grow on me. I just know the real English names are going to be different, so I can't let myself get too attached to them. It would be Nosestache Probopass all over again :cry:

papabopp
19th June 2010, 01:05 PM
whenever a new gen comes out i buy both games so i can get all 3 starters wich is prolly what im gonna do again...BUT aside from that i always gotta go with the water starter..no matter how ″special″it is

kyle1614
3rd July 2010, 05:04 PM
I've always gone with the fire starter, so I'll probably get the godamn pig. But the Grass type looks cooler... I'll wait for the evolutions to be revealed. But so far, what do you think?

I mite choose the grass or water starters. i,ve seen their first evolutions and the look pretty cool!

Zergling2005
3rd July 2010, 05:05 PM
Fire all the way.. I have always loved Charmander! Totodile was pretty neat but c'mon can you really compare him to Cyndaquil?

I'll pick FIRE!

Blademaster
3rd July 2010, 06:55 PM
Totodile was pretty neat but c'mon can you really compare him to Cyndaquil?

I'm speaking as a Typhlosion trainer in SoulSilver.

Cyndaquil is the shittiest Fire starter in existence, and Chikorita is the shittiest Grass starter. Totodile easily trumps them both by default, but ever since the Physical/Special split gave Feraligatr the power to rape your shit with Waterfall, Ice Punch, and Crunch, the little blue lizard has leapt several tiers above its Johto-borne brethren.

Zergling2005
3rd July 2010, 07:11 PM
Im not speaking in stats, im talking about appearance :)

DarkestLight
3rd July 2010, 07:37 PM
Naa I'm a grass boi all the way. Never deviated, though Chikorita left me pretty sore, until RSE, then Treecko more than made up for it. Yeah I'm going Grass and never looking back.

Mr. Brightside
4th July 2010, 03:44 PM
I was leaning towards Tsutaja until i saw its second evolution. It just looks weird. I like how Mijumaru's ev looks so it's either the emotter or the snake. No pork for me thank you.

Darth CookieMonster
4th July 2010, 06:41 PM
Naa I'm a grass boi all the way. Never deviated, though Chikorita left me pretty sore, until RSE, then Treecko more than made up for it. Yeah I'm going Grass and never looking back.

GRASS STARTER TRAINRES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!! HUZZAAHHH!

classy_cat18
5th July 2010, 09:45 AM
I was a grass until Ruby, when I picked Mudkip and then Piplup in Diamond. I like the grass starter so much, I'm getting one and naming it Excalibur because it reminds me of that character in Soul Eater. HIS LEGEND STARTS IN THE 16TH CENTURY!

Darth CookieMonster
6th July 2010, 07:52 PM
Aww come on, u didnt pick the Geico of our pocket monster world!? He like AWESOME. He was when I realllllyy started liking grass, then of course Torterra! Chikorita, definetly the worst, bulbasaur, is just... well you have to have a venusaur. Ur not a complete grass fan if you dont.

BTW:

<-----Charmander is my only exception. He is the only reason I would break the line.

Dryk
10th July 2010, 12:27 AM
On my first play through I always go with fire. Then I allow myself to choose others

Starry Might
14th July 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm gonna wait and see what the full evolution families for all three starters are before I make any solid decisions.

Neo
22nd July 2010, 04:10 PM
i don't know which one to choose buts its either going to be Tsutaja or Mijumaru.

Fat Matt
18th December 2010, 12:01 PM
ill choose the Fire Starter Probably.

Dark Sage
20th December 2010, 06:29 AM
I don't usually go for the Fire Starter (the first Gym is usually hostile to Fire Pokemon) but thuis time, the first Gym is indifferent to your starter (it changes depending on which one you have) and I just can't say no to a fire-breathing pig.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
20th December 2010, 09:00 AM
Tsutarja because it's named after my president.

Galdr
9th January 2011, 07:42 PM
I'll pick Tsutarja/Snivy in White~ ;D Since I already picked that loveable Pokabu/Tepig in Black version. Hope I'm not late with this~

Blademaster
9th January 2011, 09:17 PM
Tsutarja is Finnish...? What?

Mikachu Yukitatsu
9th January 2011, 11:57 PM
Tarja Halonen is the current President of Finland.

Andrew
10th January 2011, 12:02 AM
Smugleaf. I was going to go piggy, but his final typing is AWFUL

Poryhedron
10th January 2011, 12:10 AM
I'm honestly not sure. I'm pretty non-committal about it. I might go with Oshawott and make it an HMer, even through I've worked out a way to have a full set of HMers without using a starter or the monkey you're given, just so that I'll have a reason to pick one.