PDA

View Full Version : CoroCoro

Jeff
10th June 2010, 01:49 PM
I figured we'll be needing a thread for CoroCoro news.

Anyway, CoroCoro hasn't been leaked yet, but there's already rumors coming out of the rumor mill. Found these little gems over at BMGf.

This comes from 2chan:
- The professor's name is Dr. Araragi
- There will now be Triple Battles
- There will be some infrared communication of some sort
- Finally, the criminal gang is named Team Plasma

This was posted at Smogon:

Since we're waiting for CoroCoro to leak, why not look at the current rumors?! Below are 100% unconfirmed and possibly baseless rumors:

Professor
* Several posts on 2ch have said that Araragi ( アララギ ) is the new professors name. In Japanese that is a type of Lily... female professor!?

Legendaries
* Reshiram is rumored to be an Ice/Dragon type.

* Zekrom is rumored to be an Electric/Dragon type.

* Reshiram and Zekrom can change types during battle?

* The three legendary silhouettes will be revealed... One looks like "cotton" (lol wtf?), one looks like a dog, and one is standing on two legs.

Map
* Looks like an upside-down version of Honshu (the main area of Japan)

Characters
* The main character's father (your in-game dad) is supposedly an archeologist.

Story/Plot/Adventure
* May stray from the traditional 8 badges...

* Might expand upon some good/evil either with Pokemon or for storyline

Pokemon
* Zoroa can be obtained in Hiun City by looking through garbage cans and you must chase after it to start a battle. It will be male, lv15

* Some new pokemon are going to be revealed... A kappa-like one (mouse-ish as well?), a praying mantis, a bird with tufty-wings, and an orange colored dog pokemon.

We'll just have to wait until CoroCoro is leaked (which could be any day now) to know for sure, but if this is all coming from 2chan, it's most likely an early leak, as they've been pretty accurate in the past.

I really hope that by triple battles they mean three trainers having a 1vs1vs1 match, as opposed to two having a 3vs3. I've been wanting that since Emerald.

Also, I knew it didn't make sense for Reshiram to be part Fire, Ice makes much more sense. And think about this, if Reshiram is Ice, and Zekrom is Electric, what type do you think the third game's legendary is going to be? (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FireIceLightning) If you think back to rumors that third version will be called Scarlet, it all makes perfect sense!

Crazy Elf Boy
10th June 2010, 02:35 PM
Looks interesting, also I am pretty Araragi is a guys name.

Weasel Overlord
11th June 2010, 08:47 AM
Do all Corocoro leaks have to go in here? I put up today's (plus pictures) in the News bit. Sorry if that's wrong! D:

Jeff
11th June 2010, 09:08 AM
Nah, it's better to have a news post on it, I just figured it'd be a good idea to have a place to talk about the leaks when there isn't a news thread up there (like in yesterday's case, if it was a rumor).

Murcielago
14th June 2010, 12:15 PM
Reshiram is actually a fire/dragon.

Blademaster
14th June 2010, 04:23 PM
We know.