PDA

View Full Version : New Black and White Pokemon!

Houndoom_Lover
11th June 2010, 12:38 PM
Has this been made a topic yet?

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/More_Black_and_White_information_surfacing

If so, I'm sorry!

I like the pig shaped one. Its based off those pig pot things, like piggy banks only adorable-er. Zebras and alligators! Oh my! I'm really liking this new generation so far.

kainashi
11th June 2010, 12:40 PM
i like the gears one but what the hell is that top right one supposed to be? :eek:

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
11th June 2010, 02:39 PM
I actually like those, well most of them. The one consisting of two gears and the one on the top right that looks like a deformed piggy bank are kind of odd. But to be honest I'm positively surprised. Chriamii is cute.

Jeff
11th June 2010, 02:46 PM
...and Bulbagarden slows to a crawl.

I've posted the pics in this thread (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=455306#post455306) if anyone wants to see them. It's times like this that I'm glad we're one of the smaller sites.

DarkestLight
11th June 2010, 04:48 PM
O snap! The Dex's are LG Chocolates! XD Yo that's HOT Gamefreak!

abunaidesu
11th June 2010, 05:15 PM
Those Pokemon all look as though their mothers consistently consumed alcohol while pregnant.

Darth CookieMonster
11th June 2010, 09:07 PM
These games are gonna be dope.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
12th June 2010, 03:29 AM
I like that Fire One. Kewl.

Chris 2.1
12th June 2010, 06:15 AM
Very cool. The pigeon, the zebra, the freaky dream-eater piggy bank are all very cool. Gear, not so much (might have to wait until I see it's evolutions). Same for big round fiery ape. The dark/ground alligator could be cool.

Jeff
12th June 2010, 07:16 PM
I think it's pretty cool. Pretty clever giving it the Plus and Minus abilities, and helpful. I can see it being paired with Plusle or Minun in 2vs2 since they're actually a different type than Plusle and Minun, so we'd actually be able to use their abilities.

Little_Pikachu
13th June 2010, 03:06 PM
Looks to me like they're running out of ideas. I think they just put on blindfolds and draw whatever random shapes and squiggles they think of then say "It kinda looks like a couple of cogs...", flesh it out a bit and add it to the next gen.

I'm really concerned about what horrors are to come :(

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
13th June 2010, 03:27 PM
Looks to me like they're running out of ideas.

I've had that feeling when G/S was released and it was the same with each new game of the main series since - and in the end when I had gotten used to them I still liked most of the new Pokémon. Will be the same again now.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
13th June 2010, 04:57 PM
Yeah, but still I mean Tangrowth? Seriously. Tangela was great, glad it got an evo, but Tangrowth?

-___-

*coughandfucktogekissandelectiviretoo*

Blademaster
13th June 2010, 06:59 PM
My badass SoulSilver Togekiss of death says "Fuck you." right back. As does my ASB Electivire.

Tangrowth still sucks though.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
14th June 2010, 01:49 AM
All of them have pretty good stats, it's their appearence that bothers me.

DarkestLight
14th June 2010, 07:21 AM
Why? Tangrowth looks like it should, an overgrown pile of vines. Togekiss looks like a flying jet engine of death who roxx and Electivi--naa Electivire looks retarded.

Oslo
14th June 2010, 09:18 PM
They're kind of hit and miss for me. Y'know, I don't mind them repeating animals, really... they can make all the Pokemon based off monkeys that they want. It's the fact that we already have three Fire-type simians that kind of gets to me.

As for the most recent evolutions, eh, they're all pretty innocuous. (Except did they need to give Magmortar a gut?)

Blademaster
15th June 2010, 05:06 AM
Y'know, I don't mind them repeating animals, really... they can make all the Pokemon based off monkeys that they want. It's the fact that we already have three Fire-type simians that kind of gets to me.

Well, to be fair, those three Fire simians ARE all part of the same evolutionary line... I mean, we have like ten Electric rodents, 6 Electric cat-dog-things, and no less than 8765723456278643765 Grass lizards. So it's not like this is new behavior.

Oslo
15th June 2010, 07:43 PM
Well, to be fair, those three Fire simians ARE all part of the same evolutionary line... I mean, we have like ten Electric rodents, 6 Electric cat-dog-things, and no less than 8765723456278643765 Grass lizards. So it's not like this is new behavior.

I guess not, though I'd argue that the six Electric rodents are more like an homage to one another so it's not really an issue of thoughtless repetition.

But yeah, I'd lump the Electric cat/dogs and the Grass lizards into the same dirty pile as the Fire monkeys. They've definitely done this before. I dunno, maybe give us an Ice-type lizard or a Rock-type monkey before repeating the same type/animal combos time and time again? Puh-leeze? :)

Blademaster
15th June 2010, 10:45 PM
Ice-type lizard...?

http://www.dinosaur-world.com/weird_dinosaurs/species/cryolophosaurus_ellioti.gif

I'd buy THAT for a dollar. Make it happen, GameFreak! :cawg:

Oslo
16th June 2010, 08:59 AM
It would use its slow heartbeat and inability to move in cold temperatures to kick ass. :3

papabopp
19th June 2010, 01:22 PM
i extremely disliked what they did in 4th gen...magmortar (shivers) and i dont think 5th gens gonna be much better...what theyve released so far looks retarted...pigs are supposta smell, not have gay pink flowers on their ass...WTF!?!?

Blademaster
19th June 2010, 03:27 PM
Pigs are actually very clean animals. They just get fed shitty food and they cool themselves with mud.

Oslo
19th June 2010, 08:28 PM
The Psy piggy evokes a floral-patterned piggy bank, so it's not much of an offender in my books. ;)

Espeon120
22nd June 2010, 11:38 AM
They kind of look like Digemon in my eyes.

Jeff
22nd June 2010, 12:35 PM
Everyone always says that about new Pokemon. It's because you haven't seen them before in a Pokemon game so you don't really think about them as Pokemon. It's the same reason people always say the new Pokemon look like fakemon.

Houndoom_Lover
24th June 2010, 11:32 AM
I think they look like Pokemon :0 They're waaay too nubby to be Digimon, lawl. I want them all!

Magmar
24th June 2010, 10:13 PM
I just hope they aren't all pre-pre-evolutions! Togekawaii would be stepped on. By :126:.

Or Pipipipichu x_X;

Katie
20th July 2010, 06:19 PM
I think its the style of the eyes that don't make them look like Pokemon to me. And the monkey(?) and zebra(?) things have too many angles. I always associated Digimon with angles, and Pokemon with smooth lines. It's been this way for a long time, though.

I like the chinchilla and the bird, though that doesn't even remotely look like a chin.

So how many Pokemon total does this make it now? Lazygoogling hasn't given me a straight answer.

vvv Oof. Off my lawn. NOW!

Jeff
20th July 2010, 06:37 PM
According to Serebii there are 30 new ones so far. That brings us up to 523.