PDA

View Full Version : Ryandude713 vs. Dogfish44 (Ref - Knight of Time)

ryandude713
12th June 2010, 02:41 PM
I am challenging anyone to a battle.

1 vs 1.
1 week dq.
Abilities on.
I send first, you attack first.
Banned moves: Toxic, Rest, Attract, Destiny Bond.
Also, because we are underground, no weather effects will work. Moves that cause the user to go high into the air (Fly, Bounce, Hi-Jump Kick, etc.) might result in the user hitting their head against something. This is up to the ref's discretion.

Arena: Underground concert hall. Dim-lit, with this band (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E&playnext_from=TL&videos=7o9pNb7SJzo) playing in the background. While this band is playing, there is a 5% chance that both trainer and Pokemon will be distracted by the drummer's amazing showmanship, causing the Pokemon to skip one action, and instead regain some energy back.

I'm using my female Rhyhorn, who has the Rock Head ability.

Knight of Time
12th June 2010, 02:58 PM
I'll ref, if you're okay with it.

Is the 5% chance of the distraction for every single action (basically, a 5% chance of a forced relax for both Pokemon, I presume)?

Dogfish44
12th June 2010, 03:05 PM
It's time for me to use Bidoof (Male, Simple, Nick - BibaRoll)

Lets go with a Grass Knot, then Aqua Tail, then Ice Beam.
Sub in Icy wind to destroy every clone if it uses double team.

ryandude713
12th June 2010, 03:20 PM
Is the 5% chance of the distraction for every single action (basically, a 5% chance of a forced relax for both Pokemon, I presume)?

No, it's a 5% chance that only one Pokemon gets the forced relax.

I'll start off by using Captivate. Then, when he comes in for Aqua Tail, use Thunderbolt on his tail. Then, use Flamethrower to burn through his Ice Beam.

Knight of Time
12th June 2010, 03:31 PM
No, it's a 5% chance that only one Pokemon gets the forced relax.

Okay...so basically that can leave that Pokemon open to attack? Also, can that happen on any of the actions in a round? I'd like to know before I ref the first round, please; trying to iron out tricky-sounding details is always important to me whenever I'm reffing, just so that I have it all in.

ryandude713
12th June 2010, 04:06 PM
Okay...so basically that can leave that Pokemon open to attack? Also, can that happen on any of the actions in a round? I'd like to know before I ref the first round, please; trying to iron out tricky-sounding details is always important to me whenever I'm reffing, just so that I have it all in.

Let me iron this out, so it doesn't end up being too annoying for everyone. Let's change it to your original idea, of both Pokemon taking a break for one action, so that it doesn't become a strange version of the Attract status. So it doesn't get too muddled, it should be limited to only once a round, in case the 5% chance gets activated more than once in a single round.

Knight of Time
15th June 2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks ryandude713, that does make things better. For a moment, when I first noticed the topic title, it reminded me a little of the two battles Andrew had when he battled ASB as whole (many trainers and one of their Pokemon, to counter his team). BTW, you should edit the topic title soon, just so I have an easy time finding the topic.

But nonetheless, here we go.

ryandude713 vs Dogfish44
Reffed by Knight of Time

DQ: 1 week

Banned moves: Toxic, Rest, Attract, Destiny Bond

Round 1

Pre-Round Stats:

ryandude713:
O

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plffa/111.png

Rhyhorn (F)
Health: 100%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 100%
Ability: Rock Head
Captivate ~ Thunderbolt ~ Flamethrower

Dogfish44:
O

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/399.png

Bibaroll the Bidoof (M)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 100%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 100%
Ability: Simple
Grass Knot ~ Aqua Tail ~ Ice Beam
Sub: Icy Wind if Double Team is used

The setting for this battle is an underground concert hall. With a local band playing here right now, things could get a tiny bit on the hectic side for the two battlers who are about to come in to have a match. With weather moves unable to work down here, and certain height-boosting moves a risk to use down here, the band and myself eagerly wait, soon, the first trainer makes his appearance. Revealing himself as ryandude713, he takes out a Pokeball, and opens it up to reveal a female Rhyhorn, who feels quite comfortable being in her kind of place. A few moments later, the second trainer makes his appearance as well. Revealing himself as Dogfish44, he takes out a Pokeball of his, and opens it up to reveal a male Bidoof by the name of Bibaroll. With that, the battle begins, and Bibaroll is quick to get off a Grass Knot on Rhyhorn, concentrating a green rope of grass energy that flies toward Rhyhorn, wrapping itself around her legs as it makes her take a really painful stumble. It takes a few moments for Rhyhorn to recover from that assault, before she comes back with a Captivate, and she is soon successful in making Bibaroll drop his guard...and his special attack power.

Rhyhorn: -12 Health, -3 Energy
Bibaroll: -9 Energy, Special Attack -4 (Simple doubles the stat changes, so this otherwise would have been -2)

Despite having his special attack power lowered so harshly, Bibaroll quickly moves toward Rhyhorn, his tail beginning to get a light blue glow as a miniature whirlpool begins to swirl around it. Right when the Bidoof is about to smack Rhyhorn with his Aqua Tail, a bolt of lightning comes form Rhyhorn, hitting Bibaroll in the tail, causing him to loudly cry in pain. Nonetheless, he is still able to get off the Aqua Tail, and it still smacks Rhyhorn pretty hard.

Rhyhorn: -11 Health, -7 Energy
Bibaroll: -9 Health, -7 Energy, Special Attack -4

Deciding that giving Rhyhorn the cold shoulder is literally in order, Bibaroll goes for an Ice Beam on Rhyhorn. The rhinoceros Pokemon however isn't about to let the Ice Beam get to her that easily, as she breathes out a Flamethrower in the direction of the Ice Beam. The beam of ice energy and the stream of fire do collide, but as a result, the weakened Ice Beam is overpowered by the Flamethrower much to Bibaroll's horror, being dissipated completely as the Flamethrower, though weakened as a result, still manages to hit Bibaroll.

Rhyhorn: -10 Energy
Bibaroll: -4 Health, -10 Energy

[i]Stats After Round 1:

ryandude713:
O

Rhyhorn (F)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 77%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 80%

Dogfish44:
O

Bibaroll the Bidoof (M)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 87%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 74%
Status: Feeling a bit disappointed early, Special Attack -4

Notes:

-When I ref a Pokemon at 0% energy, they lose 1 point of health for each 2 points of energy they use, so keep that in mind.

-When the Flamethrower and Ice Beam collided, they would have cancelled each other out if Bibaroll's Special Attack wasn't lowered as much as it was, the Ice Beam was quite a bit weaker than the Flamethrower when the two collided, but it reduced Flamethrower's damage on Bibaroll when the Ice Beam was overpowered, sorry about that Dogfish44.

-ryandude713, you have the first move for the next round.

ryandude713
17th June 2010, 12:52 AM
First, use Scary Face. After that, use Earthquake to shake this concert up. Then, after that terrible pun, use Dragon Rush.

If the Bidoof uses Double Team, use Shock Wave.
If the Bidoof uses either Aqua Tail or Super Fang, use Counter.
If the Bidoof uses either Ice Beam or Grass Knot, use Flamethrower to stop it.
If you see the Bidoof start to use Yawn, Dig before the drowsiness hits you.

Dogfish44
17th June 2010, 02:05 AM
Ok, let's help it.... Do less damage ^_^

Start off with a Curse, preferably before it scary faces.

Then jump up as the eearthquake starts, using Iron Tail

Then do it again for good measure.

Curse ~ Iron Tail *2

ryandude713
20th June 2010, 03:51 PM
Bump, for Ref.

Also, I don't know how to change the thread name, so I give you permission to, KoT, if you'd like to make the thread easier to find.

Knight of Time
21st June 2010, 11:02 AM
Sorry, real life has been catching up to me a bit.

Editing the thread title is simple, all you need to do is go to the first post, click on Edit, then click Go Advanced, and from there, you'll be able to edit the title.

I'll get the reffing up as soon as I can, hopefully today.

Knight of Time
24th June 2010, 02:57 PM
Hate to double post, but meh...here we go guys.

ryandude713 vs Dogfish44
Reffed by Knight of Time

Round 2

Pre-Round Stats:

ryandude713:
O

Rhyhorn (F)
Health: 77%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 80%
Scary Face ~ Earthquake ~ Dragon Rush

Dogfish44:
O

Bibaroll the Bidoof (M)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 87%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 74%
Curse ~ Iron Tail (after jumping) ~ Iron Tail
Status: Feeling a bit disappointed early, Special Attack -4

The round starts as Rhyhorn goes for a Scary Face on Bibaroll. As her face begins to take on a frightening appearance in front of Bibaroll, the Bidoof freaks out at the spectacle, groaning as his speed suffers a harsh drop as a result. Nonetheless, Bibaroll soon is able to shake it off, and uses Curse, reducing his speed even more, but giving his Attack and Defense a helpful boost.

Rhyhorn: -5 Energy
Bibaroll: -5 Energy, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

Going back on the attack, Rhyhorn lifts her two front hooves into the air, before slamming them down hard to cause a powerful Earthquake. Bibaroll however jumps into the air before he could be rattled, where his tail begins to harden and glow with a silver glint in mid-air. Using the power of his jump, the Bidoof manages to slam his Iron Tail right onto Rhyhorn, but his landing isn't the greatest however, as some of the remnants of the Earthquake still rattle him after his landing.

Rhyhorn: -14 Health, -10 Energy
Bibaroll: -5 Health, -12 Energy, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

Changing her attack strategy, Rhyhorn goes for a Dragon Rush, glowing with Dragon energy as she rams into Bibaroll pretty hard. But, the Bidoof is able to retaliate, and he smacks Rhyhorn with another Iron Tail, causing Rhyhorn to roar in pain as the hard, metallic tail leaves a painful mark on her face.

Rhyhorn: -14 Health, -7 Energy
Bibaroll: -8 Health, -10 Energy, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

[i]Stats After Round 2:

ryandude713:
O

Rhyhorn (F)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 49%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 58%

Dogfish44:
O

Bibaroll the Bidoof (M)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 74%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 47%
Status: Feeling a bit better, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

Notes:

-Although jumping did help Bibaroll to avoid some of the damage from Earthquake earlier, he still felt the remnants of it after he landed back on the ground.

-Dogfish44, you have the first move for the next round.

Dogfish44
26th June 2010, 10:22 AM
Yawn ~ Iron Tail ~ Aqua Tail
If it protects/roars round 1, switch to curse.
If it is going to double team, wait until every clone appears, then use Shock Wave to get rid of them all.
If it is going to counter, use Blizzard, even though it is kinda weak.
If it protects round 2 OR round 3, launch a charge beam instead on that move and try to get back SOME of that Sp.ATK

ryandude713
26th June 2010, 07:19 PM
Wait until he starts to Yawn, then use Protect.
Then wait for him to start up his Iron Tail, then use Counter.
Finally, wait for him to start up his Aqua Tail, then use Counter again.

Knight of Time
30th June 2010, 03:10 PM
Dogfish44, please don't go overboard with substitutions, that can be stressful on a ref. Having one or two subsitutions is fine, but four isn't exactly fun, it's like getting many knots in your grey matter, know what I mean? In a nutshell, it gets confusing, so please don't force this situation onto me again.

ryandude713 vs Dogfish44
Reffed by Knight of Time

Round 3

Pre-Round Stats:

ryandude713:
O

Rhyhorn (F)
Health: 49%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 58%
Protect ~ Counter ~ Counter

Dogfish44:
O

Bibaroll the Bidoof (M)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 74%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 47%
Yawn ~ Iron Tail ~ Aqua Tail
Status: Feeling a bit better, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

The round begins as Bibaroll opens his mouth and lets out a loud Yawn, intending to try and get Rhyhorn to become drowsy and fall asleep later. But, the rhinoceros Pokemon is having none of this, as she puts up a Protective shield that the Yawn bounces off of, much to Bibaroll's disappointment.

Rhyhorn: -8 Energy
Bibaroll: -2 Energy, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

Going back to the attack again, Bibaroll's tail begins to harden and glow with a steely glint as he comes at Rhyhorn with his Iron Tail. Rhyhorn though, is prepared for the steely assault this time, and upon being struck, she manages to Counter the attack, whipping herself around to send Bibaroll flying in pain as a result.

Rhyhorn: -14 Health, -11 Energy
Bibaroll: -18 Health, -10 Energy, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

As Bibaroll slowly gets up from that last painful assault, he concentrates energy into his tail again...this time, the Bidoof's tail begins to glow with water energy and a miniature whirlpool circling around his tail, before slamming it into Rhyhorn. Once again though, Rhyhorn is able to Counter Bibaroll's attack upon taking it, and Bibaroll goes flying once again, groaning as his tail ends up feeling the brunt of the pain. Uh oh, not good...

Rhyhorn: -14 Health, -9 Energy
Bibaroll: -18 Health, -7 Energy, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

[i]Stats After Round 3:

ryandude713:
O

Rhyhorn (F)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 21%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 30%

Dogfish44:
O

Bibaroll the Bidoof (M)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 38%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 28%
Status: Not liking how much pain his tail is in right now, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

Notes:

-ryandude713, you have the first move for the next round.

Dogfish44
30th June 2010, 04:27 PM
I'm gonna object to the first statement there, I made sure the subs were clear enough, - The fourth was unnessecary however and at my own fault.
The other 3 however were fine, barring the possible chance of a combo attack (Double Team + Protect) they would not overlap. I had assumed you'd only read the firszt sub in that case, but i'll specify that in future matches.

Anyway, Why did a 2* effective Iron Tail do as much as a 4* effective Aqua Tail (Ground/Rock)?

And finally, why did my subs get ignored? In my Gym Match with MLG, DL reffed as a move changing halfway through due to substitutes, So I'd assume that even though R713 said to wait, they could change. I'll ignore it though, you're the ref and I could easily interpret it both ways.

That's enough from me. Sorry about the rant.

Knight of Time
30th June 2010, 04:34 PM
I'm gonna object to the first statement there, I made sure the subs were clear enough, - The fourth was unnessecary however and at my own fault.
The other 3 however were fine, barring the possible chance of a combo attack (Double Team + Protect) they would not overlap. I had assumed you'd only read the firszt sub in that case, but i'll specify that in future matches.

Anyway, Why did a 2* effective Iron Tail do as much as a 4* effective Aqua Tail (Ground/Rock)?

And finally, why did my subs get ignored? In my Gym Match with MLG, DL reffed as a move changing halfway through due to substitutes, So I'd assume that even though R713 said to wait, they could change. I'll ignore it though, you're the ref and I could easily interpret it both ways.

That's enough from me. Sorry about the rant.

Okay...

I'll try and edit the damage for Aqua Tail soon.

As for the ignorance of your subs, I had to consult with a ref I know well on here who helped me figure out how to handle such a difficult situation, I didn't want to make ryandude713 or myself get confused, that's basically why I went for the moves Bibaroll was asked to use, before the substitutions. Tough situations do require me to consult another ref, unfortunately, as sometimes I have to go with the input he or she gives me.

Dogfish44
30th June 2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks - Sorry if i seemed a little riled up. G'night!

Dogfish44
4th July 2010, 03:59 PM
Reminder for Ryandude713!

ryandude713
4th July 2010, 06:39 PM
Sorry!

Reversal x3.

If he uses Double Team, use Shock Wave.

Dogfish44
5th July 2010, 01:59 AM
Aqua Tail, then combine Aqua Tail and Protect to ram it again!

Aqua Tail ~ Aqua Tail + Protect

Knight of Time
7th July 2010, 12:46 PM
Okay guys...to tell you the truth about the Aqua Tail and Iron Tail doing the same amount of damage last round...generally, Iron Tail has a higher base power than Aqua Tail, but since Iron Tail is only 2x effective against Rhyhorn, I just presumed that Aqua Tail's 4x effectiveness would do roughly the same amount of damage. Doing the whole calculation thing for how much damage a move will do isn't always easy.

ryandude713 vs Dogfish44
Reffed by Knight of Time

Round 4

Pre-Round Stats:

ryandude713:
O

Rhyhorn (F)
Health: 21%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 30%
Reversal ~ Reversal ~ Reversal
Sub: Use Shock Wave if Double Team is used

Dogfish44:
O

Bibaroll the Bidoof (M)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 38%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 28%
Aqua Tail ~ Aqua Tail + Protect combo
Status: Not liking how much pain his tail is in right now, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

The round begins as Rhyhorn goes for a Reversal on Bibaroll. Being well-aware of the possibility that she may fall soon, the rhino Pokemon charges into Bibaroll, ramming him hard into the wall. As Bibaroll does his hardest to get himself out of the jam he got caught in, he soon frees himself, before retaliating with another Aqua Tail, bringing his blue glowing tail, whirlpool and all, right into Rhyhorn's face.

Rhyhorn: -14 Health, -6 Energy
Bibaroll: -8 Health, -9 Energy, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

Deciding to give Bibaroll a second painful taste of her Reversal, Rhyhorn begins to charge toward Bibaroll again, intending to make him caught between a wall and a hard place again, literally. But Bibaroll is prepared to stop Rhyhorn cold, as a Protect shield is erected just on time to shield the Bidoof as it gives him enough time to use another Aqua Tail. Within a moment later, Bibaroll swings his tail at Rhyhorn once more, causing Rhyhorn to cry in pain one last time as she falls.

Rhyhorn: -14 Health, -6 Energy
Bibaroll: -9 Energy, Special Attack -4, Speed -6, Attack +2, Defense +2

[i]Stats After Round 4:

ryandude713:
X

Rhyhorn (F)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 0%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 0%

Dogfish44:
O

Bibaroll the Bidoof (M)
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Health: 30%
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII] Energy: 10%

Notes:

Rhyhorn is unable to battle, meaning Dogfish44 has won the battle. Still, both of you guys battled well.

Dogfish44 gets 2 points for the win.
ryandude713 gets 1 point for the loss.
I get 2 points for reffing.

Well, this one's going to the books.

Dogfish44
7th July 2010, 12:54 PM
Good Job Bibaroll ^_^
Thanks KoT for reffing, and Ryandude 713 for fighting.
*Get's points and moves Bibaroll up to experienced team-mates*

ryandude713
7th July 2010, 06:02 PM
I always knew I would lose to a Bidoof one day. Thanks for the match, Dogfish, and thanks for reffing, KoT.