PDA

View Full Version : (T) KoT vs. DL (ref: Oslo) (Complete)

Knight of Time
19th June 2010, 10:26 AM
The Arena for Round 2 is---Aztec Ruins!

Simple and straightforward, your team will battle another team on these crumbling ruins. There are no hidden traps persay, but if you cause enough collateral damage to the arena, the bridge you are on will crumble beneath your feet and you will land in a tar pit. You can attack from the tar pit, but you will be stuck in the pit until freed. And before you ask....

No the tar pit does not zap health.
No the tar pit does not smother you.
No the tar pit does not burn you.
No you can't dig in and out of the tar pit.

Banned for this round: None aside from the standard Tourney Banned moves.

Tourney rules apply.

I presume you still want to ref, Oslo?

Anyway, I have to fight tough here again, so this time, I'm sending out Coco, my Kangaskhan, and Celeste, my shiny female Clefable. Their respective abilities are Scrappy and Magic Guard.

DL, I know you're not going to go easy on me, but I'm not going to hold back, either. Let's make this battle a good one.

DarkestLight
19th June 2010, 10:40 AM
Damn real. I'll make thsi Tourney jut a lil more difficult for you.

So Atripe, come on over, and Greebly. Come on over. La. Atripe rocks Pressure and Greebly rocks Stall n_n.

Atripe, I got a plan for Coco over there, so let's go hard.

First off guys, Snatch any stat boosting they might do. Coco gets robbed by Atripe, Celeste gets robbed by Greebly

Ok, that's out the way. Atripe, Taunt Coco. If you get taunted first however, Brick Break Coco instead.

Atripe:Taunt~Focus Blast~Psychic all Coco.
Sub Brick Break in action 1 if you get taunted first.

Your move :D

Knight of Time
19th June 2010, 11:11 AM
Coco, Protect yourself and Celeste from that Taunt (just incase Greebly tries to Taunt her too), then Sucker Punch Atripe, finally, use Drain Punch on Greebly.

Celeste, use Attract on Atripe (be sure to stay behind Coco's Protect shield!), then if you get the chance, use Role Play on Greebly to get Stall (but if he tries to Taunt or Attract you at any time, try to Protect yourself), finally, get up close to Atripe and extend your hands so that they are very near to him (almost touching, as if he were solid), before launching a Zap Cannon (GSC only move I think) at him! Or, if you get Taunted, use Zap Cannon on Greebly also, again, move your hands very close to him before you fire it off.

DarkestLight
19th June 2010, 11:39 AM
K. Greebly. If I heard him right, trying to taunt Celeste at any time will make her use Protect? Oh hell yes :D Protect around you and Atripe. Ha. Nuff of that shenanigans.

Next..Taunt Celeste :p No Role Play for you. Get yer own.

Lastly. I'm glad I read that. Atripe is gonna get hit by Celeste. Coco's coming for you. When he hits you, hit him right back with a Dynamic Punch. Yeap. That'll work for now.

Protect(around you both)~Taunt(Celeste, to deter Role Play)~Dynamic Punch (Coco)

Oslo
19th June 2010, 05:05 PM
I would love to ref. :) Will have this up later!

EDIT: Here you go!

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
versus
TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

Rules: Reversal moves and non-damaging healing moves are banned; no DC
Abilities: Active
DQ Time: 5 Days

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
:rankball::rankball:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/115.png
Coco the female Kangaskhan
Scrappy

100 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
100 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Protect
Sucker Punch (At)
Drain Punch (Gr)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfsa/36.png
Celeste the female Clefable
Magic Guard

No status

Attract (At)
Protect
Zap Cannon (Gr)

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/477.png
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Pressure

No status

Taunt (Co)
Focus Blast (Co)
Psychic (Co)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/plmfa/302.png
Greebly the male Sableye
Stall

No status

Protect
Taunt (Co)
Dynamic Punch (Co)

‡ Round 1 ‡

Good day to you all! Today we find ourselves in the heart of some mysterious ruins located deep in the jungle of TPM. Perched upon a precarious bridge, two victors from the first round of the tournament meet for an epic skirmish. On one side, we have Darkly, whose first match I kind-of-sort-of reffed. On the other, we have KoT, whose Clefable bested my Absol in a photo-finish. The tensions are high and, though these guys are champs already, only one can proceed. Who will it be?

Each trainer plucks a pair of Pokeballs from his belt and, with blinding flashes, four fighters appear on the field. Darkly will be rocking his Dusknoir and his Sableye for this battle while KoT releases his Kangaskhan and Clefable to pursue a possible victory.

Mmkay, preamble over. Let’s do this!

Atripe and Celeste share a quick Dirty Harry-esque look before launching into their attacks. Celeste begins batting her lashes and making kissy faces at Atripe, while the Dusknoir barks at Coco that the only reason she’s here is ‘cause she was too fugly to land a gig as a Dunkaroos mascot. Ooh, harsh! However, Greebly and Coco won’t have any of that business! A tawny barrier materializes in front of KoT’s team while a violet one appears just in time to safeguard Darkly’s fighters, rendering the Attract and the Taunt ineffective.

Coco: <-12 EP>
Celeste: <-4 EP>

Atripe: <-3 EP>
Greebly: <-12 EP>

Okay, that was just practice. Time for the real fight to get underway! Coco sets the bar high as she lumbers toward Atripe with a roar and takes a swing at the spook, her fist aglow with Dark-type energy. Atripe crumples from that blow, but Greebly is quick to avenge his comrade by barking some rather rude words at Celeste. He says she’s… a fatty ugly fat face? That’s… that’s not even clever! And frankly, it’s rather bizarre! Still, Celeste feels that her self-esteem is in dire need of some Protection and throws up a pink shield of her own to filter out the words.

Finally, Atripe shakes off that move by unleashing a powerful burst of energy of his own. The move strikes Coco who lets out several choice words. Now, I don’t speak Kangaskhan, but I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that the words she’s saying are, uh, a little on the rude side...

Coco: <-16 HP; -10 EP>
Celeste: <-12 EP>

Atripe: <-12 HP; -11 EP>
Greebly: <-3 EP>

Limping from that Focus Blast, Coco carries on and strikes Greebly with a wicked left-hook. A move that would normally miss connects this time for some pretty hefty damage because of Coco’s Scrapiness. Celeste thinks targeting that creepy-ass Sableye is a splendid strategy and bounces over to the icklie ghostie. Putting her hands right close to Greebly, she unleashes an incredible assault of electric current. As the electricity courses through Greebly’s body, he finds his muscles losing a measure of control. Do Sableyes even have muscles? How does that even work? Either way, that spook is Paralyzed.

Well, Coco and Celeste aren’t the only ones who can play the let’s-gang-up-on-so-and-so game! Atripe and Greebly set their sights on that fierce Kangaskhan for the time being, unleashing a gut-busting punch and a battery of psionic energy. When all is said and done, Kangaskhan finds her head swirling. Uh… hey, guys, what’s going on?

Coco: <-17 HP; +4 HP; -3 EP; Confused>

Atripe: <-8 EP>
Greebly: <-20 HP; -4 EP; Paralyzed>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Scrappy

71 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
75 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Con

Magic Guard

72 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Pressure

88 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
78 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Greebly the male Sableye
Stall

80 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
81 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Notes:

> TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME to command next

DarkestLight
20th June 2010, 08:26 AM
How much did Dynamic punch do? Just curious.

Oslo
20th June 2010, 09:01 AM
5 HP, which... doesn't make sense, give that it's super-effective. ;)

Will revise!

Knight of Time
21st June 2010, 04:56 PM
Alright guys, we have a slim lead over our opponents, so let's try and hold on to that lead, or at least build on it.

Coco, we have to get you to snap out of your confusion as fast as possible, so please do your best to smack Greebly around with a trio of Drain Punchs, but if you are tormented, switch to very close range Focus Blast for whatever action(s) you cannot use Drain Punch because of the torments.

Celeste, if you see either opponent trying to use a Fighting type move on you or Coco, use Amnesia to make that move be forgotten before it can connect, otherwise, use Shadow Ball on Atripe, Blizzard on both Atripe and Greebly (making it wide enough to hit them both hopefully), then another Shadow Ball.

If either of them try to Taunt either of you, Protect.

If Greebly is fully paralyzed on one of his actions, Celeste, get him with Blizzard.

Or, if either of them try to blind either one of you or try to raise their evasion, Celeste, I want you to use Shock Wave. Coco, try to help Celeste with Shock Wave too if both opponents try anything in the line of evasion or accuracy dropping.

DarkestLight
21st June 2010, 07:54 PM
This is gonna be funny.

Atripe. Skill Swap with Coco Please. Enough of that bullcrap. I'll deal with the energy loss later....hehehe. Then Taunt them 2 times so Celeste is completely immobile. We dunno wtf Coco's gonna do, so that seems smarter.

Greebly, smack Celeste with a Fake out so that Shadowball sucks. Then try Toxic and Low Kick Coco off the bridge. If Toxic fails, then just Low kick, hopefully it'll be confused long enough to get a good hit so sucker falls.

Atripe: Skill Swap(Co)~Taunt x 2
Greebly: Fake Out(Ce)~Toxic~Low Kick(Co)

Oslo
21st June 2010, 09:04 PM
TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
versus
TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

Rules: Reversal moves, non-damaging healing moves and Toxic are banned; no DC

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Scrappy

71 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
75 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Con

Drain Punch (Gr)
Drain Punch (Gr)
Drain Punch (Gr)

Magic Guard

No status

Shadow Ball (At)
Protect
Protect

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Pressure

78 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Skill Swap (Co)
Taunt
Taunted

Greebly the male Sableye
Stall

80 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
81 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Fake Out (Ce)
Toxic
Low Kick (Co)

‡ Round 2 ‡

Both teams begin the round on a near-even playing field, but will this remain the case? Despite her Confusion, Coco seems ready to do her darnedest not to let Team Knight of Time’s teensy lead slip. Managing to keep the crazies at bay for the time being, she stomps over toward Greebly and fists the purple specter in the gut, sapping health in the process. Celeste charges up a sphere of mysterious energy to hurl at Atripe, but Greebly has other plans. He sneaks up behind Celeste and deals a surprise attack, startling the Clefable and causing the Shadow Ball to flicker out before it can be flung. Drat!

Atripe breaks out the evil laughter (uh-oh, something’s coming…) before locking eyes with Coco. The two fighters remain deadlocked in a staring contest for a few moments before tearing their gazes away from one other. Uh… what the hell was that all about?

Coco: <-3 EP; +4 HP; Pressure>
Celeste: <-3 HP>

Atripe: <-8 EP; Scrappy>
Greebly: <-8 HP; -3 EP>

Um, ‘kay, that was weird. Moving on. Head still spinning, Coco lunges at Atripe, but this time her attack just phases through the Gripper Pokemon. Woah! Celeste seems shocked by this turn of events and begins calling up a snowstorm, but Atripe starts spouting some rather rude insults (Moon Stones are for losers!) which cause Celeste to throw up a Protect instead. The pink energy shield deflects the Taunt, thankfully, sparing the Celeste from getting her feelings hurt. Finally, Greebly hurls a big steaming glob of poisonous goo at Coco, but the Toxic flies wide and lands uselessly on the ground.

Coco: <-3 EP>

Atripe: <-4 EP>
Greebly: <-6 EP>

Coco stumbles, her mind really boggled all of a sudden. She stumbles forth and aims another Drain Punch at Atripe, but, uh… sweetie, Atripe is the big black genie thing. The pink blob? Yeah, that’s your partner. You just punched her in the face.

Stunned that she just got slugged by her own battling partner, Celeste shakes it off. She begins charging up a second Shadow Ball, but Atripe begins with the insults again (you’re nothing but a big ugly Stay Puft man with wings!) and she tries to Protect herself once more. However, the translucent barrier appears with cracks in it this time and, as the Taunt strikes it, the thing shatters to pieces and fizzles out. The mean words reach the Clefable’s ears and her eyes begin welling with tears.

Finally, Greebly tries to finish things by giving Coco a nice swift boot, but the Paralysis takes hold and he finds himself immobilized. Bugger.

Coco: <-3 EP; +4 HP>
Celeste: <-8 HP; -12 EP; Taunted>

Greebly: <Paralysis>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Pressure

79 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
66 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Con

Magic Guard

92 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
45 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Scrappy

62 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Greebly the male Sableye
Stall

72 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Notes:

> I have to hand it to you, DL... that was pretty awesome ;)
> KoT, since Celeste was Taunted during her third action while Greebly was struck with Paralysis, the conditions for two of your subs were met at the same time. If I'm forced to choose between two subs, I always go with the one that's written first, which, yeah, didn't pan out so well ('cause, as you probably know, Protect loses its effectiveness after repeated use)
> Celeste will remained Taunted for five more actions
> TEAM DARKESTLIGHT to command next

DarkestLight
21st June 2010, 09:37 PM
Well now. Let's expand on this.

Atripe. Focus on breaking this bridge. Rock Slide them both, force them back. Then use Blizzard to force toward the edge of the bridge. Then Faint Attack Celeste to knock her off. n_n.

Knight of Time
22nd June 2010, 07:46 AM
Uh, hold on a moment, DarkestLight, I thought Toxic was banned in this tournament?

'is left with his head spinning, not sure of what to do at this point without an explanation'

Oslo
22nd June 2010, 03:31 PM
As far as I know, the only banned moves are reversal moves like Counter and non-damaging healing moves like Recover.

DarkestLight
22nd June 2010, 07:36 PM
Yeah. I never said Toxic was banned in this Tournament.

Knight of Time
22nd June 2010, 07:54 PM
Banned Moves for the WHOLE TOURNAMENT: Non Damaging healing Moves, Reversal Moves (Counter, Mirror Coat, Bide, Metal Burst, Recover), Toxic.

Uh, does this help, DarkestLight?

'hates to do a quote from one topic to another, but meh'

Oslo
22nd June 2010, 07:59 PM
Huh. Dunno how that was overlooked.

Iiiit's revision time! *runs off* ;)

Knight of Time
22nd June 2010, 08:06 PM
Eh, it's no worry Oslo, I'm used to seeing Toxic either being banned or having a limited usage in regular battles.

'is waiting for DL to post about this situation'

DarkestLight
22nd June 2010, 10:06 PM
I'm a retard *shrug* No big :/.

Oslo
22nd June 2010, 10:15 PM
I didn't know the difference between a brush and a comb until I was eighteen. :D So as far as being retarded goes, methinks I take the cake.

Knight of Time
23rd June 2010, 02:23 PM
Alright guys, we have to do some major damage this round to both opponents, even if defeat is looming in the future in this battle, we can still fight back well as long as the bridge doesn't break, even though we are running out of options.

Celeste, use Psychic to catch at least one of those rocks (the more, the better) before throwing those rocks back at Atripe (or at least one of them), then weave your way through the Blizzard (if you can find a wide enough gap) and get close enough to the Dusknoir to get him with a very close range Zap Cannon, in the same fashion as when you hit Greebly earlier, finally, make sure you are in the center of the bridge when Atripe strikes, then wait for the right moment to nail him with a Shadow Ball, making sure you are facing him and STILL on the bridge.

Coco, we have to get you out of your confusion as fast as possible, so if either opponent plans on attacking you, use Sucker Punch to try and hit them first, otherwise, use Shadow Claw on Greebly (don't worry about hitting Celeste with Shadow Claw if it happens, it can't damage her as far as I know, me thinking that a Ghost type getting Scrappy cannot hit Normal types with damaging Ghost type moves, but I could be wrong) as many times as you can. If you get Tormented though Coco, use Shadow Ball on Greebly.

DarkestLight
23rd June 2010, 05:48 PM
Naa. No major damage.

Greebly, hopefully paralysis won't stop you too much.

Number 1. Seismic Toss Celeste into Coco. She needs to stop being dumb. This way they'll both be smacked back.

Second, to annoy Celeste even more and to stop that dumb arse Zap Cannon, Protect in front of Atripe.

Finally, Coco will probably be on a damn rampage by now. So we're gonna break them. How? Hit Celeste with a Dynamic Punch in the face so she forgets all about that Shadowball.

Oslo
23rd June 2010, 07:17 PM
TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
versus
TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Pressure

79 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
66 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Con

Sucker Punch (Gr)
Sucker Punch (Gr)
Shadow Claw (Gr)

Magic Guard

92 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
45 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Psychic (At)
Zap Cannon (At)
Shadow Ball (At)

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Scrappy

62 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Rock Slide
Blizzard
Faint Attack (Ce)

Greebly the male Sableye
Stall

72 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Seismic Toss (Ce)
Protect
Dynamic Punch (Ce)

‡ Round 3 ‡

Irked by the way that last round went down, Coco gives her noggin a good shake and views the world with sudden clarity. Confused no longer, the Kangaskhan stomps over to Greebly and deals a wicked punch to the imp’s friggin' creepy face. Atripe then commands crumbled chunks of the ruin’s structure to come flying up from the ground and toward the Normal-type battlers; however, Celeste is quick to safeguard her comrade and herself from harm. Wielding Psychic energy, she manages to “catch” approximately half of the rocks and performs a little return-to-sender on them. Finally, Greebly sneaks up behind the Clefable and, oh yes, lifts her right off the ground! He tosses her toward Coco, but the Kangaskhan calmly catches Celeste in her arms. While the Clefable suffers a little damage, Coco remains unharmed.

Coco: <-4 HP; -8 EP>
Celeste: <-16 HP; -8 EP>

Atripe: <-8 HP; -9 EP>
Greebly: <-8 HP; -7 EP>

Coco places Celeste back down on the ground and marches in for a second Sucker Punch. She delivers one to Greebly, while Celeste takes a risk by approaching Atripe for a close-range Zap Cannon. She’s a brave one! Atripe summons a wailing Blizzard to come raging through the arena and, this close to the source of the storm, Celeste feels it bite… and then a little extra. Still, she manages to unleash a fat blob of electricity that wobbles over toward Atripe. Electrocuted by the move, Atripe begins to suffer the same Paralysis that’s currently got Greebly completely immobilized.

Coco: <-10 HP; -8 EP>
Celeste: <-12 HP; -12 EP>

Atripe: <-13 HP; -14 EP; Paralyzed>
Greebly: <-8 HP; Can’t move!>

And here comes a Shadow Claw. As Coco rakes her energy-infused claws across Greebly’s face, Celeste conjures up a Shadow Ball and hurls it at Atripe for some super-effective damage. Displeased with their foes’ attempts to make punching bags of them, Atripe and Greebly decide to double team that there Clefable. Atripe appears to vanish on the spot as he darts in toward Celeste for a Faint Attack, while Greebly delivers a powerful fist to the Fairy Pokemon’s gut. The combined impact of these moves launches Celeste over the edge of the bridge and into the tar pit. Down there in the stinking tar, Celeste’s head begins swimming. Is that Confusion rearing its ugly head? I think it iiiis...

Coco: <-7 EP>
Celeste: <-14 HP; -8 EP; Confused>

Atripe: <-12 HP; -4 EP>
Greebly: <-8 HP; -4 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Pressure

65 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
43 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Magic Guard

50 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
17 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Con

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Scrappy

55 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
35 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Greebly the male Sableye
Stall

48 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
61 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Notes:

> Celeste will remained Taunted for two more actions

Knight of Time
25th June 2010, 11:02 AM
Great, looks like I may be in trouble...unless I do something to make some trouble.

Celeste, with the jam you're in right now, being stuck in the tar, confused, and running out of energy, getting off an attack is going to be really tough, so we're just going to have to make the best of a tough situation. Unless both ghosts come after you, it's going to be near-impossible to hit either of them, so if they come your way, concentrate as hard as you can to clear your head, and aim a Shadow Ball at Greebly, the sooner we bring him down, the better. He may have the biggest advantage here, but the paralysis is doing its job at least. Then use Blizzard on both ghosts, but don't hit Coco if you can help it. You'll probably run out of energy, so give that Blizzard all you've got!

Coco, we need to bring down Greebly, so Shadow Claw him hard, then hit him and Atripe with a point-blank Blizzard, finally, use Shadow Claw on Greebly again.

Coco, in the event you get back your Scrappy ability, use Drain Punch on Greebly IF you can hit him, otherwise, stick with your plan from above.

I may be on the way down, but I still have some tricks up my sleeve, if I'm forced to use them.

DarkestLight
25th June 2010, 06:20 PM
K guys. This is how we take care of those two. Paralysis or not, Cel is stuck down there. Let her waste her time, since we're bringing Coco down to meet here.

K guys, get right next to Coco. Yeap. So that'll force the Blizzard to hit her too. The hell with that. Now while they try to hit you Greebly, you Counter on Coco toward the edge of the bridge. I want that damn Kanga to stop hitting you, and that's when you Atripe, you Seismic Toss her into the Pit, right atop of Celeste.

Now, hopefully they'll be in the Pit all sorts of hurt. Greebly, you and Atripe look over the edge and see if that double Blizzard is coming. If so, then Protect Greebly, and Atripe, you relax make sure not to get hit. If Greebly succumbs to paralysis, and it looks like you're gonna get hit, you Protect Atripe, ok. Stick together and back each other up!

End with Taunt Atripe. If you are paralyzed, then Greebly, you Taunt them both. Otherwise Relax. Make sure you use the bridge for cover so they get all sorts of pissed that they can't reach you.

Atripe: Seismic Toss(after Counter)~Relax~Taunt
Greeb: Counter~Protect~Relax

Sub: Actions 2 & 3, swap if the other is paralyzed.

Knight of Time
25th June 2010, 06:27 PM
Dude, I thought you were going to stick to not using any of the moves you banned for this tournament...if you get the right to use any banned moves, then I do too, it's only fair.

DarkestLight
25th June 2010, 06:29 PM
o_o What did I use?
O shit X_X ! Dude I keep forgetting. I meant to use Dynamic Punch~! UURGH >.<!!

¬¬ I really don't know why I keep forgetting those.

Oslo
27th June 2010, 10:00 PM
TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
versus
TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Pressure

65 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Shadow Claw (Gr)
Blizzard
Shadow Claw (Gr)

Magic Guard

Con

Shadow Ball (Gr)
Blizzard
n/a

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Scrappy

35 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Seismic Toss (Co)
Relax
Taunt

Greebly the male Sableye
Stall

48 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
61 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Counter (Co)
Protect
Relax

‡ Round 4 ‡

Coco eyes up her foes. She’s not thrilled with the odds, to be honest, and does her best to level them as she lashes out at Greebly with a wicked slashing move. Meanwhile, Celeste finds herself in a bit of sticky situation. (Tar-related puns FTW.) The fumes don’t seem to be helping her Confused state of mind, causing her to fire off a Shadow Ball without any regard for aim. The move strikes the base of the bridge, firing cracks through the stone and mortar. Hrm… that’s maybe not a beacon of health and safety right there…

The spooks plan their own barrage of moves, but luck doesn’t seem to be on their side. Atripe tries stomping over toward Coco, but finds his mobility suddenly limited as he’s struck by Paralysis. Wow, such wonderful timing! Meanwhile, Greebly tries to execute a Counter, but a sharp blast from my handy-dandy reffing whistle stops him in his tracks. Yeah, that’s right! You will obey!

Celeste: <-8 EP>

Atripe: <Can’t move!>
Greebly: <-8 HP>

Coco wipes her brow, pleased that she didn’t end up in a pit of stinking tar. She peers down at Celeste and the two share a look, summoning a whirling Blizzard to come raging through the ruins once more. Atripe and Greebly, however, play it smart and get as close to the Kangaskhan as they can. Then, Greebly throws up a purplish barrier that shields them from harm, while Coco takes damage from both Blizzards. Uh, ouch? Watching the swirling snow on all sides of himself, Atripe gleefully takes in the sight as he Relaxes.

However, as the snow begins to pile up on the bridge, the cracks spreading through the stone begin to grow. Suddenly, the bridge gives way and the three fighters tumble down into the tar pit. They’re stuck in the sticky mess no more than an inch from one another, while Celeste peers on at the three of them from several feet away. Aww, is someone feeling left out?

Coco: <-20 HP; -10 EP>
Celeste: <-10 EP>

Atripe: <+6 EP>

Now that everybody is kickin’ it down in the tar pit, things begin to heat up. (Get it? ‘Cause it’s tar? *nudge nudge*) Coco again deals a mighty Shadow Claw at Greebly, who takes a load off and Relaxes for now. As this goes on, Atripe looks over at Celeste and tells her she puts the “able” back in “Clefable”… able to suck, that is! Woah, snap. Poor Clefable hangs her head in shame. There there.

Celeste: <Taunted>

Greebly: <-8 HP; +6 EP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Pressure

45 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
19 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Magic Guard

00 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Con

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Scrappy

37 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Greebly the male Sableye
Stall

32 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
55 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Notes:

> KoT, you only selected two moves for Celeste. I suppose you probably assumed she'd be in a state of forced Relaxation after Blizzard; however, I ref energy the same way you do.
> DL, I ref Taunt so it can only ever take one target at a time
> Celeste will remained Taunted for five more actions

DarkestLight
27th June 2010, 11:13 PM
o.O Ok. Will post tomorrow.

DarkestLight
28th June 2010, 07:57 AM
Ok. Prolly gonna Drain Punch you.

COUNTER, BIDE, MIRROR COAT & METAL BURST BANNED DAMNIT DL STOP LOOKING AT THOSE

That's taken care of. Now. I don't remember how ya ref energy at 0, but I think its health for moves...so if that's true, we'll help Celeste kill herself.

Atripe. Coco's all up in your face.

Paralysis sucks, but we gotta try. Hate subs...

Focus Blast x 3 Coco. Try to do it so each blast hits Coco in the head and knocks her backwards. If she protects-go for Cel. If they both Protect, then just chill out.

Knight of Time
28th June 2010, 08:24 AM
Ugh...this battle has been uphill throughout, but if I'm going down in defeat, so is Greebly!

Celeste, do your best to shake off that confusion, and use Blizzard as many times as you can on Greebly, if he tries to Torment you, switch to Shadow Ball, and smack his face good!

Coco, we've got double trouble here, so let's give both ghosts something to think about, whether or not Greebly tries to block Celeste's Blizzard(s) (if she gets any off, that is), I want you to give them a chilly reception as well, by using Blizzard as many times as you can, again, switch to Shadow Claw on Greebly if either of them try Tormenting you.

Guys, be ready to widen out your Blizzards or use Shock Wave if either ghost goes for any evasion boosting or accuracy lowering moves. Even if you both go down this round or next round, we have to make sure Greebly doesn't make it out of this round in one piece!

DarkestLight
28th June 2010, 11:19 PM
Uphill battle? You? You aren't fighting paralysis >P!

Ok Greebly. Time to play happy go lucky.

Protect ya both so Coco is stuck stupid. Then Dynamic Punch Coco. Lastly...

well lets see. If Coco is still alive for any reason after that final Focus Blast, then Brick Break should do it. However, if Coco does fall-and you can move, then Cel gets a nice healthy doseage of Power Gem to her mouth.

Protect~Dynamic Punch(Co)~Brick Break(Co)
Sub: Power Gem(Cel)

Oslo
29th June 2010, 11:08 AM
TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
versus
TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Pressure

45 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
19 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Blizzard (Gr)
Blizzard (Gr)
Blizzard (Gr)

Magic Guard

Con

Blizzard (Gr)
Blizzard (Gr)
Blizzard (Gr)

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Scrappy

37 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Focus Blast (Co)
Focus Blast (Co)
Focus Blast (Co)

Greebly the male Sableye
Stall

32 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
55 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Protect
DynamicPunch (Co)
Brick Break (Co)

‡ Round 5 ‡

Now that the four fighters are circling the drain, the match really starts to heat up. Celeste finally manages to shake off that pesky Confusion. To celebrate, she and Coco again summon Blizzards, one smaller and more concentrated and the other larger in scope. The ice storms spiral their way to the spooks, but Greebly throws up a Protect to save himself and Atripe from damage. Huzzah. Atripe, meanwhile, tries to execute a Focus Blast aimed at Coco, but finds himself locking up. Familiar, no?

Coco: <-10 EP>
Celeste: <-5 HP from fatigue>

Atripe: <Can’t move!>

Blizzard times… two! Twin ice storms again swirl toward Greebly and Atripe, running some nasty chills through their bodies. The cold becomes too much for Greebly to bear as ice crystals build up around him and encase his frame, freezing the little imp from head to foot. My friends, I introduce to you… a Sableyecicle! (Zing.) Atripe blinks at his frigid comrade before turning upon Coco with renewed vigor. He manages to execute that Focus Blast at last, knocking Coco backwards with dramatic effect.

Coco: <-16 HP; -9 EP>

Atripe: <-10 HP; 10 EP>
Greebly: <-20 HP; Frozen>

Now that Greebly is reduced to a statue, there’s precious little he can do when two more Blizzards come swirling his way. The cold nips at him without exception and, at long last, he succumbs. After a good fight, Greebly is done at last. Also struck by a Blizzard, Atripe finds himself on the lonely side. Grunting, he aims another Focus Blast at Coco to eek out a little vengeance damage. Murderous bastard!

Coco: <-16 HP; -5 HP from fatigue>

Atripe: <-10 HP; 10 EP>
Greebly: <-20 HP>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Pressure

7 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
0 EP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Magic Guard

35 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
:rankball:×
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Scrappy

Par

Greebly the male Sableye
Stall

00 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par; Frz

Notes:

> Celeste will remained Taunted for two more actions

Knight of Time
29th June 2010, 11:34 AM
Alright guys, great work in bringing down Greebly, he was asking for an ice cold downfall, and that is what he got.

Celeste, Coco, it may be too little, too late to win this battle, but we still can double-team Atripe now that Greebly is out. I want you both to use Blizzard on Atripe, if either of you get Tormented, switch to Ice Beam.

Show that ghost he's not beating you both without getting a chilly reception!

Edit: BTW, Oslo, I thought I asked just Coco last round to hit both Atripe and Greebly with Blizzard...in the games, it affacts both opponents (unlike here, where it can hit at least one, depending on how many targets it is aimed at).

DarkestLight
29th June 2010, 04:53 PM
Son of a ....

I hate paralysis -.- I hate double battles even more.

Anyway. Atripe. Gonna be a tough set of moves. I believe you can really pull this out.

I dunno how strong this might be, but I hope you can Sucker Punch Coco so that Blizzard doesn't hurt as bad. It'll also kill Coco.

Then ..secondly..big risk. Imprison Blizzard. I'm TIRED of that damn move.

That'll give you a chance to..Focus Blast. No time to relax now, we're down to bare minimums.

Sucker Punch(Co)~Imprison~Focus Blast(Cel)

Man Kot, this is stressing me out.

Oslo
29th June 2010, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I misread your commands, KoT. Thought you were only attacking Greebly. Anyway, I've gone and made the appropriate revisions. ;)

Will have this up tomorrow!

Oslo
30th June 2010, 09:33 AM
TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
versus
TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
Pressure

7 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Blizzard
Blizzard
Blizzard

Magic Guard

No status

Blizzard
Blizzard
Blizzard

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Scrappy

Par

Sucker Punch (Co)
Imprison
Focus Blast

‡ Round 6 ‡

As the match enters the eleventh hour, Atripe springs forth with a super-speedy Sucker Punch that he delivers to Coco right in the jaw. Just like that, Coco falls, making this a one on one. Excitement. All on her lonesome, Celeste remains strong as she commands a chilling Blizzard to swirl through the ruins yet again, sending a shiver through Atripe. Aren’t artificial snowstorms just the worst?

Coco: <-8 HP>

Atripe: <-10 HP; -8 EP>

Once more, Celeste makes with the cold and the ice, but Atripe isn’t one to be without a plan. He casts some sort of unseen hex on Celeste. She blinks. Uh… what was that?

Atripe: <-10 HP; -7 EP>

Celeste tries to summon another Blizzard, but finds her attempts yielding a whole lot of nothing. Damn you, ghostie! Atripe snickers and levels her with a powerful burst of Fighting-type energy that lowers her fortitude. Own!

Celeste: <-16 HP; -1 SpD>

Atripe: <-2 EP; -4 HP from fatigue>

Fatigued and circling the drain, both combatants are approximately even. Struck down by the likes of Imprison and Paralysis... who will prove superior in the epic match-up of Ghost and Normal? Ahhh, I'm so excited to find out! :keke:

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
×:rankball:
Pressure

0 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
No status

Magic Guard

9 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
-1 SpD

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Scrappy

11 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Notes:

> Celeste's Blizzard will remain under the effect of Imprison for the duration of the battle

DarkestLight
30th June 2010, 06:23 PM
Son of a bitch.

KOT, I dunno what is it with you and Double Battles >> No matter what, its been a good time fighting you again. Next time, I'll be sure to NOT MAKE ANY STUPID MISTAKES.

Ok Atripe. I've thought this through. Anything she throws is going to be heavy hitting, so we're gonna go for a Blizzard to start, just to ward off any Taunts or crap like that. Make sure its widespread, so no evasive crap can go down either.

Second...hopefully its not needed, but Ice Beam. If needed, Ice Beam again

I believe in you Atripe! Definitely a first rate performance no matter what!

Blizzard (the living shizzle out of Cel for all the times she's done it to you)~Ice Beam x 2

Knight of Time
30th June 2010, 06:30 PM
Celeste, Atripe has been a tough opponent throughout the whole battle, so let's make sure we get him before he can get you.

Use a Protect + Ice Beam + Thunderbolt combo to block the Blizzard (that is, if paralysis doesn't get to Atripe on his first action) and quickly counterattack before he has a chance to strike again. You've done well in this battle despite the problems Atripe and Greebly caused for you and Coco, so let's make this one count!

Oslo
30th June 2010, 10:39 PM
TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
versus
TEAM DARKESTLIGHT

‡ Pre-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
×:rankball:
Magic Guard

9 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
-1 SpD

Protect
+ Ice Beam
+ Thunderbolt

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Scrappy

11 HP: ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊
Par

Blizzard
Ice Beam
Ice Beam

‡ Round 7 ‡

In the words of The Doors… this is the end, beautiful friend! Panting and nursing stitches in their sides, Celeste and Atripe exchange looks charged with as much competitive spirit as weariness. With the sun about to set upon this match, the Clefable and the Dusknoir get ready to lay down their last moves.

Predicting an attack, Celeste erects a translucent pink barrier. Atripe then commands a Blizzard of his own to rage through the ruins, but the fingers of cold fall dead upon the Protection. Then, as the storm fades, Celeste fires off ribboning beams of blue and yellow that coil around one another before striking Atripe square in the chest. Exhaustion robs the beams of a bit of their bite, but they seem to be enough—barely, but enough nonetheless.

Then and there, Atripe falls. A second later, fatigue takes Celeste and she too drops to the ground.

Celeste: <-13 HP from fatigue>

Atripe: <-12 HP; -5 HP from fatigue>

‡ Post-Round ‡

TEAM KNIGHT OF TIME
××
Magic Guard

-1 SpD

TEAM DARKESTLIGHT
××
Atripe the male Dusknoir
Scrappy

Par

And that's it, folks. Both fighters are defeated, but, because damage incurred by attacks is calculated before damage incurred by fatigue, KoT takes it by a hair (sound familiar?). Good work, guys. Hell of a battle to ref.

KoT and I get two points, while DL gets one point. As well, KoT proceeds to the semi-finals to take on Blade. That should be one to watch! ;)

*poof*

DarkestLight
1st July 2010, 06:19 AM
Good deal. Didn't wanna hafta fight blade again yet. Also made no sense for me to win that huge of a pot :p. Good fight KOT, I swear to my shoes I'm not losing to you again.

Guess you'd want Round three's stage huh. I'll get that right up. Least I got you down to 0/0!

Knight of Time
1st July 2010, 09:15 AM
Alright Celeste, we did it!

Yeah, it 'twas a good battle, DarkestLight...for a moment, I thought my armored train persona was going to be derailed right there.

DarkestLight, can you possibly ref for me and Blademaster once I'm ready to post the battle, please? I want to give Blademaster everything I've got once the time comes, I'll do anything to show him he doesn't want to mess with me.

Edit: Yeah, I definitely get the "sound familiar?" part, Oslo...brings back memories of the opening round when we battled with DarkestLight as the ref.