PDA

View Full Version : Jirachi Event!

Weasel Overlord
25th June 2010, 05:02 AM
We're finally getting a way to get a legit Jirachi! From June 26th to July 16th you can connect to Mystery Gift --> Nintendo WFC and download yourself a Jirachi, if you're in America, Europe or Australasia.

Having this Jirachi also gives you access to a special Pokewalker course, Night Sky's Edge, which has lots of Moon-based Pokemon and items to find.

For Americans, this is the second time that the Jirachi event has happened, and the ones that are being given away this time are identical to the ones that were in stores earlier this year.

Sourced from []pokemon (http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/3737808.html) @ livejournal

Rossymore
25th June 2010, 05:33 AM
I hate the fact I have no Wi-Fi!

Jeff
25th June 2010, 07:14 AM
This is great!

I never got it the first time so I'm glad they're giving us a second chance.

Knight of Time
25th June 2010, 10:37 AM
I'm guessing this one isn't available in Canada...why?

Jeff
25th June 2010, 10:56 AM
If it's going to be in the US, I can't imagine it not being in Canada.

Starry Might
25th June 2010, 12:24 PM
I've just read over at Bulbapedia about this being available in Europe:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jirachi_to_be_available_to_European_Generation_IV_ games_via_Wi-Fi

They didn't say that Australia and North America were officially included, though. :confused:

Ah well, I already got my Jirachi from GameStop. ^_^

Jeff
25th June 2010, 12:31 PM
It also said it might be available to other regions. We'll just have to wait until tomorrow to see.

Blademaster
25th June 2010, 03:58 PM
I hate the fact I have no Wi-Fi!

^What he said.

Weasel Overlord
25th June 2010, 05:29 PM
Surely you guys could go to a free wifi point? They have them in libraries, over here, and loads of shops and whatnot. Starbucks do them, if I remember rightly?

abunaidesu
25th June 2010, 07:58 PM
OH MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED GUYS

Andrew
26th June 2010, 12:50 AM
I tried this morning and no luck :(

Weasel Overlord
26th June 2010, 05:36 AM
I just got mine~ It comes in at lv.5, with Wish, Rest, Confusion and Draco Meteor as the moveset, and holding a Liechi (sp?) Berry which "raises attack in a pinch." You gotta go see the Delivery Man to pick it up. :D

Try again later on, Andrew. I read that the files go public around 3am EST or Midnight PST, so maybe you were just trying a bit early?

Also read that if you got a Jirachi from Gamestop already, it won't let you get another one on the same cart.

Jeff
26th June 2010, 06:39 AM
:yes:

Just tried it, it worked!

Knight of Time
26th June 2010, 08:10 AM
The event thankfully works for me, too, but I have a question, if we use Wi-Fi to bring over the deliveryman who has Jirachi, but the Jirachi isn't picked up, will it still be there after July 16? I mean, if anyone were soft-resetting to get the Jirachi with a certain nature, you know.

Jeff
26th June 2010, 08:24 AM
I'm assuming so. You only connect to WiFi to transfer it to your game, once it's on your game, it's there, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Unless, you know, they put an expiration date on it in the game and prevented you from picking it up after that date passes, but I really doubt that.

Ayeun
26th June 2010, 08:44 AM
OMFG!!!

It worked in Australia! I just got me 3 Jerachis!!!

Mr. Brightside
26th June 2010, 10:32 AM
I got mine this morning. Unfortunately it has a Timid Nature -___- I always end up getting legendaries with lame natures XD

Surely you guys could go to a free wifi point? They have them in libraries, over here, and loads of shops and whatnot. Starbucks do them, if I remember rightly?

This^

I went to a shop next my house to connect and get it.

Knight of Time
26th June 2010, 10:40 AM
I got mine this morning. Unfortunately it has a Timid Nature -___- I always end up getting legendaries with lame natures XD

Timid actually is one of the natures suggested for Jirachi on Smogon, ever go there, Mr. Brightside?

Just a matter of preference, but that's actually a good nature to use if you have a moveset with some special moves and a support move or two, while not having any physical moves.

'got Jirachi on D/P/Pt/HG/SS today, all five of which are Timid'

Blademaster
26th June 2010, 11:43 AM
Wrong kind of "don't have Wi-Fi."

Mr. Brightside
27th June 2010, 03:43 PM
Timid actually is one of the natures suggested for Jirachi on Smogon, ever go there, Mr. Brightside?

Just a matter of preference, but that's actually a good nature to use if you have a moveset with some special moves and a support move or two, while not having any physical moves.

'got Jirachi on D/P/Pt/HG/SS today, all five of which are Timid'

Well just so you know i am kinda new to tiers/effort value training and such so it will take me some time to learn a few things. And well Smogon sits on my bookmarks for the time being since i have not much free time to properly spend it reading about the metagame, ubers etc. Thanks for the info though ;)

Andrew
28th June 2010, 07:55 AM
Did it again this morning, I got myself a creepy steel fairy.

ChobiChibi
30th June 2010, 07:57 AM
Looks like Ayeun may have already noticed, but this isn't limited to HG/SS... *snuggles her FOUR Jirachis*

Oh... And you... Mr Illegitimate Jirachi... You can go away now~

DarkestLight
30th June 2010, 06:53 PM
Mr Brightside-yeah Smogon will get you better for learning metagame strategies and what not. I'm always moping around there as well.